Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Have people gotten the Exdeath file with the generic balance patch to work on GBA roms? I've tried with various settings, and I just keep getting a garbled intro cutscene that doesn't let me advance.

E: Found help in discord. The Waddles Patch is less troublesome atm, and the custom Exdeath sprites/Sound Restoration seem to clash

Blue Labrador fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Got Thief for my wind crystal job, hope this isn't too painful!

edit: Oh god how long is it going to be before I can buy a weapon that Thieves can use

I highly recommend using the enki-bot: https://enkibot-prime.herokuapp.com/

The tips will be more verbose until you've locked in more of your jobs, but you can see tips for jobs you might get for your other slots there as well. Majorly important though, is that is does a really good job of highlighting the major steal opportunities. Thief gets early access to a variety of things through stealing, which makes them a not bad job if you do it, and miserable if you don't. It doesn't have everything but its got the big ticket items.

A hint that isn't in there: when you get to north mountain, steal from the headstones for a chance at glasses, which provide defense (and blindness resistence). It isn't a lot, but every little bit helps.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

:eyepop:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Done, spellblade makes short work of it as long as you get lucky with the counters.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Decent enough run. Waddler's hack gave me !white for zerky so she was busting out 9999s with rune axe. Everyone else spammed needle cannon and tried to stay alive.

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 14, 2021

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

For those of you struggling with a Thief start, I wrote down my usual route to the Water Crystal with the class in a previous thread. You might find it useful.

Samuel Clemens posted:

My usual route for Thief starts is as follows:

1. Get to level 5 with your Freelancers in the Wind Shrine. That gives everyone an extra attack multiplier once they switch over to Thief. Faris will actually get two multipliers due to the Agility glitch, so she should definitely keep the sole Dagger.

2. Buy two Leather Hats and all the Potions you can afford in Tule.

3. Karlabos is never difficult if you have four characters. Keep your unarmed members in the back row and heal up with Potions as needed.

4. Run away from everything in the Ship Graveyard, the encounters are not worth the trouble. You might consider fighting single Skeletons for the chance at a Dagger drop, but it's not vital.

5. For Siren, sit in the back row and throw Potions at her undead form/yourself if needed. Faris can also do decent damage against the normal form with her Dagger.

6. In Carwen, buy Daggers for everyone and stock up on Potions again.

7. Run away from everything on North Mountain. The enemies are even less worthwhile to fight than in the graveyard. You could steal Silver Specs from the headstones, but you'll get four accessories in the next location anyway.

8. For Magisa you'll want to do close to 350 damage so she's right on the verge of calling in Forza. Then have everyone wait with a full ATB until she attacks. Immediately attack her with all four characters afterwards. If you were fast enough, you should be able to get in another round of attacks before she acts since Thieves are faster than her. That'll kill her before she gets the chance to yell for help.

9. In Walse, buy four Kenpo Gis, get the Silver Specs and use the !Flee skill to get the castle's Elven Cape. Stock up on Potions if you need to.

10. Head to Walse Tower and steal Mythril Knives from the Wyverns. You technically only need one, but might as well get four while you're at it.

11. Now you'll want to do a bit of grinding. At level 9, Bartz gets another attack multiplier. That plus the additional HP helps a ton when fighting Garula. I prefer gaining those levels in the Ship Graveyard since the enemies there are no longer dangerous, give good ABP, and have a chance of dropping Elixirs, but you can also do it in the tower itself.

12. Once everyone (or at least Bartz) is level 9, you're ready to take on Garula. Have Bartz in the Front Row with the Mythril Knife, Leather Hat, Kenpo Gi, and Elven Mantle. everyone else in the back. Bartz attacks, everyone else defends and heals as needed. It's a slow fight, but not a dangerous one unless you attack while your characters are weakened. Just keep in mind that most of the danger comes from Garula's counters, and you'll be fine.

13. Mash through the cutscene and enjoy having a useful job again (unless you drew Berserker :v:).

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

slink_bot posted:

And my first Job is... Mime.

...Welp, that's a dead slot for almost all the game, guess i should've seen that coming.

What is up my fellow mime buddy.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

I just got killed by a Ghidra in the ten steps between Archie and the next cutscene. :cripes: In honor of this, and to do something productive with the experience...

:toxx: $1 every time someone wipes after a difficult boss but before they can save. Yes, the Void counts. Limit one per player. Max of $10.

Use your best judgment and the honor system for what counts as "difficult".

Fought beef uncle Carby despite no summoner because I wanted to make the damage floor ability on my Geo feel useful, then died on my way back to the save point because I'm also trying for full power brave blade.

edit: on that note, almost never worth it, but always satisfying

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 14, 2021

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I can add that "1 idiot with a (Mythril) Dagger in front, everyone else in the back throwing potions" also works on Garula if you roll a Chemist start. :v:

4 Chemists is thus far a lot like 4 White Mages, only your cures cost money. #water rolled me Time Mage so I guess my only excuse for not finishing this year is if I get bored before any of my offense actually comes online. Killing things with daggers, flails and ice rods in Karnak is feeling vaguely suboptimal.

E: also happy to see so many fellow brave blade enthusiasts in the usually chicken FJF thread. I have no idea if I'll have a character who can use it but I'm a moron and not a coward, dammit. No retreat!

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 14, 2021

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

subujun posted:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Oh come now, you can't be angry about a fate you chose.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

good news it seems to be working now. my first job is black mage :getin:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a couple of Toxxes this year for the people who are interested!

:toxx:
I'll be donating $2 for every boss that's defeated with the power of !Gaia. Just for the hell of it, i'll make it $6 every time someone beats Omniscient with Gaia as well. Screenshot/Gif of the boss getting destroyed is all the proof I'll need.
Toxx cap: $100

Didn't pay attention earlier to other !gaia kills, but
https://i.imgur.com/wgzhDqC.mp4

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

#Chaos #BERSERKERRISK got me:

Dragoon/Berserker/Geomancer/Samurai

:black101:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Trying again after our first foray last year got fragged by a broken computer

My kids and I got monk. Hope this works!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 14, 2021

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

oh hi

fake edit: goddamnit bizhawk stop taking screenshots for ants

just trust me i named Bartz CHAOS!

Swastikatzen
Apr 10, 2006

Just waiting to get my first job assigned, so I'm grinding in the wind shrine. Up to level 10 with a decent chunk of gil, 12 elixirs and enough leather shoes to shoe all the children in a 3rd world nation.

Edit: Got White Mage at level 13 with 17 elixirs.

Swastikatzen fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 14, 2021

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Koobes posted:

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

I suspect you'll get a lot of these this year...

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Swastikatzen posted:

Just waiting to get my first job assigned, so I'm grinding in the wind tower. Up to level 10 with a decent chunk of gil, 12 elixirs and enough leather shoes to shoe all the children in a 3rd world nation.

You can unlock jobs (and do everything else) on the website and not have to deal with waiting around on the terrible Twitter integration to work

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Zerilan posted:

Didn't pay attention earlier to other !gaia kills, but

Tracked. Way to show that old codger some real magic!

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I got Black Mage/Summoner/Beastmaster/Dragoon. I assume this is a pretty easy run with the mage firepower and finding out !Catch exploits. Usually don’t like mage heavy teams (I don’t like squishy classes/live in fear of running out of MP) so even Dragoon is a nice add to the team.

wodenspoon
May 2, 2018

Black/Summoner/Ninja/Chemist for my first run of 2021. Gilgabot really easing me in this year.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Xerophyte posted:

I can add that "1 idiot with a (Mythril) Dagger in front, everyone else in the back throwing potions" also works on Garula if you roll a Chemist start. :v:

Heal staff should be enough to keep up with Garula by itself.

...You did remember to go pick it up, didn't you?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Summoner/Berserker/Freelancer/Samurai team as my starter team this year. Pretty basic-rear end team, but shouldn't be too bad to clear. Especially because I get to use a ribbon basically the entire game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh come now, you can't be angry about a fate you chose.

Oh they blamed everhate huh? Okay that explains some things. Well Good luck

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Here's the obligatory Magissa & Forza fight:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Cattail Prophet posted:

Heal staff should be enough to keep up with Garula by itself.

...You did remember to go pick it up, didn't you?

Eventually yes, grabbed it after Walse tower. Keeping up with Garula's damage isn't much of a problem either way with pharmacology and the occasional double-potion mix. Team all-Chemist's only real problem is it's very low on damage until you can murder some turtles and start kissing people.

I rolled Dragoon as my fire job for some much needed non-consumable damage, now feeling less conflicted about my quixotic decision to not run from things even though I should.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I don't know anything about final fantasy v, so I need to know what makes the BEST TEAM. For everyone telling me why their team is the BEST, I will donate $10, up to $250. To be clear, I know absolutely nothing about final fantasy V, and we are operating on the honor system, so definitely don't make anything up to get kids the surgery they need!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

30.5 Days posted:

I don't know anything about final fantasy v, so I need to know what makes the BEST TEAM. For everyone telling me why their team is the BEST, I will donate $10, up to $250. To be clear, I know absolutely nothing about final fantasy V, and we are operating on the honor system, so definitely don't make anything up to get kids the surgery they need!

Since you didn't specify what makes one team better than another, I had to guess at your intent, but I'm pretty sure that Monk/Red Mage/Geomancer/Dragoon is what you want.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

30.5 Days posted:

My team right now consists of Monk, White Mage, and Red Mage, and let me tell you I am flying through the game so far. The Monk and Red Mage are offensive machines and kill things so quickly that my White Mage barely gets to do any healing at all!

Despite this being my 11th Fiesta I am absolutely confident that I will continue on this roll until the end of the game! :gbsmith:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Ace Transmuter posted:

My team right now consists of Monk, White Mage, and Red Mage, and let me tell you I am flying through the game so far. The Monk and Red Mage are offensive machines and kill things so quickly that my White Mage barely gets to do any healing at all!

Despite this being my 11th Fiesta I am absolutely confident that I will continue on this roll until the end of the game! :gbsmith:

This is perfect, ty.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

Berserker/Berserker/Berserker/Berserker is the BEST TEAM. You don't have to worry about things like pushing buttons during fights, you can just put the controller down and get a drink while your party does all the work for you.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

I think my current team of Thief, Time Mage, Geomancer, and Dragoon will serve me well!

I even have two mages for the bosses that only want you to use magic against them! Rolling with an early Thief really keeps you on your toes for the early bosses and the game encourages you to utilize their abilities to outfit them.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 14, 2021

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

First job is black mage. :getin:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I was expecting to start later this week oops.

I also managed to roll a White Mage and messed up my Job Fair donation :v: the kids need it anyway

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

My team is Summoner/Berserker/Freelancer/Samurai, and if there's one thing that I know, it's that if money can't buy your way into a victory, then you just need an extra liberal helping of AXE TOTHE FACE. Who gives a poo poo about physical attacks? Just slap that sword away with your Main Gauche/Shield/swordslap/elf cloak. And even if they get through that, just laugh it off with your golem buddy. Magic attacks? Carbuncle's got your back. Carve your way through the game (avoiding the interdimensional murder death machine) with this team today.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Can't spell BEST without B S and T. Beastmaster's the true path to glory. Bears and squirrels for all! Blu to help get your new friends weak enough for the pokeball, Bard to sing about your tales of glory, Berzerker because what is a bard without his AXE?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blue Labrador posted:

and the custom Exdeath sprites/Sound Restoration seem to clash

How so? Quality issues, or am I going to crash at the end of the game?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Wasn't too bad. Went down in a few Fira Spellblades.

God Mystic Knight is nuts but woof that setup time definitely keeps them in check.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Is it normal for !summon to ignore Sandworms holes? Or is this another matrixism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

dis astranagant posted:

Decent enough run. Waddler's hack gave me !white for zerky so she was busting out 9999s with rune axe. Everyone else spammed needle cannon and tried to stay alive.

Thank you for playing! I hope you had fun with it, please let me know if there's a way to improve your fun somehow!

Unrelated:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpressiveNegativeBorderterrier-mobile.mp4

what have I begun

Galick fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 14, 2021