Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

this looks epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Willo567 posted:

Happy pride month, posting my favorite gay zombies

https://twitter.com/HimemiyaRea/status/1394233526489423873

thanks for posting the gay zombies

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Aurora posted:

this looks epic

yeah i just finished up my reread, its good. its up there with Her Shim Cheong and Moonlight Garden for manwha stuff imo.

reading this and thinking about those other series i was thinking about how korean yuri stuff feels different from japanese and i came to the conculsion the pacing tends to feel more like a tv show.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 9, 2021

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is the second panel an actual Korean manga?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the thing there is the actor in that panel shows up before and is one of the main character's friends

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im going to reread blooming sequence next and create the offical snooze cruise yuri manwha tier list

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
s tier -

her cheong: i enjoy stuff that plays on folklore. none of the antagonists are particularly compelling characters (there is one exception) but all is forgiven because the dynamic between the leads is great. ending is is kinda nutty and i love it.

the love doctor: its the will smith movie hitch, but with lesbians— and then it kinda turns into black swan lite. the love doctor herself is an attractive character but the mvp is probably the closted best friend character. a bit meandering near the end, not so much in a bad way but just not to my liking.

moonlight garden: during my reread i was struck by the fact the writing is a lot weaker then i remember it. i would say its possibly flawed on that front them some stuff i put below this. but i have a huge soft spot with stories about disguises, especially if its a sorta prince and the pauper thing which is the case here. main love interest is compelling, though she gets less interesting in the second half. most smutty thing here.

a tier -
ring my bell:

charming and cute. love the mc's christian girl best friend. honestly could use continuation, everything else here ended when it should.

blooming sequence: woman seduces woman with chunking express lines. second half doesn't touch on movie stuff as much which i find personally disappointing. needed more of the side couple. still good.

b tier -
it’d be great if you didn’t exist: i reread this not too long ago but barely remember anything about it despite going through it twice now so... well the start is really strong and i like the art

currently on going put i would probaby put on here somewhere if it was finished -
relationship guidelines: i dunno what it is about this one that works for me but i enjoy it. it would be the only high school setting thing i would include here and i could even see myself putting it in the top category depending on how it goes. the humor doesn't always work but that is fine. i think the main thing for me is it actually has a sense of sexual tension.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 10, 2021

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

So, Mangadex is back up and running, and it looks like old URLs even work, they'll redirect to the new page for that series...but has anyone figured out how to tell if a scanlation is actually complete on the new website? Like, a series can be marked as "Completed", but that just means that it's finished in Japanese; it doesn't mean that all the chapters have been translated or that Mangadex has all the translations uploaded.

On the old site, the last chapter would be marked with a little [end] tag, so you knew a series was complete if that was there, but the new site doesn't seem to have that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it might be in later, its still missing a lot of features

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the "there's no way i can have a lover" novels might be heading into a poly route. Its going to be funny to see people reacting to that if the manga ever gets to that point.

"if you could see love" heading in that direction it feels extra certain now

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 13, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

maybe the guy who hangs out with two separate convicted pedophiles and gets them their jobs back, is just a piece of poo poo?
I know you're referring to Watsuki as one of the convicted pedophiles, but who's the other one?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the toriko author

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
happy OL pride month

scooter lesbians...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Im an OL.

An Office Lworkerbecauseicantconcentrateathome

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Snooze Cruise posted:

happy OL pride month

scooter lesbians...

what's an OL?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Yuu Morisawa posted:

what's an OL?

office lady

anyways, posting more gay zombies

https://twitter.com/saifumi_/status/1401186266364878851
https://twitter.com/ekC1cJ7OQyOW27t/status/1389174957125496833
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1388175816283074562

that first tweet is from the animation director btw who drew this and felt that he should point out their hands are intertwining

https://twitter.com/saifumi_/status/1400474878646517766

too bad sakura/saki isn't as popular

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
huh i favor the villainess yuri has trans stuff

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 15, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Elaborate and/or link please

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its not in the manga stuff yet but there are two characters with stuff going on
one from rei's previous life
and this one is a bigger spoiler so warning one of the capture targets was born a woman. magic gender swap disease forced them to live as a man. they experience gender dysphoria and want to change back

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 15, 2021

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Willo567 posted:

office lady

anyways, posting more gay zombies

thanks fren

and yeah Sakura/Saki is blessed

Snooze Cruise posted:

huh i favor the villainess yuri has trans stuff

based

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Willo567 posted:

too bad sakura/saki isn't as popular

We all know they're both self-sabotaging dumbasses who'll get into shenanigans every time they try to have something meaningful happen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Elfface posted:

We all know they're both self-sabotaging dumbasses who'll get into shenanigans every time they try to have something meaningful happen.

Exactly, they're great and their relationship should have more screentime.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tale as old as time

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 19, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

new work by the luminous blue author

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So have new chapters of Witch's Servant been uploading somewhere else or did the translations just die with mangadex?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Just finished A Joyful Life. Pretty solid, cute ladies. Gets heavy though, deals a lot with sexual abuse.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Just finished A Joyful Life. Pretty solid, cute ladies. Gets heavy though, deals a lot with sexual abuse.

This looks good! Let's check it out....

oh no.... i have a bag like this too
for just the same reason

:sigh:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

If anyone's fine with reading a 1 million word completed quest based on Bleach that's so much more gay (and in a way that ties into the story's themes) and focuses on a group of characters who got screwed over in the original story and fleshes them out in a way that blows the original out of the water, I highly recommend Now You Feel Like Number None:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/now-you-feel-like-number-none-bleach-arrancar-quest.37531/
Story only:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/now-you-feel-like-number-none-bleach-arrancar-quest.37531/reader/

Also the action scenes are loving top notch and really nail the feeling of anime fights along with epic mythology stuff.

If you want feels it's got a fuckload of them too. Both heartwarming and heartwrenching. Monsters learning to reclaim their humanity in the face of an unforgiving world.

Did I mention it's way more gay?

Finally finished this after like three weeks, with a few breaks to read other things -- holy poo poo, it's massive. Tons of fun, though! Thank you for the original recommendation, it made my gay empty heart happy. And it did indeed deliver on the feels.

If I have one complaint it's that as it goes on, the fight scenes take up more and more of the narrative space; they not only get more frequent, but each one takes up more time, and honestly, what I was really here for was the interactions between Nemo and the other Arrancars, and between the Arrancars and humans -- so my favourite parts tended to be anything involving visits to the mortal world, and stuff like the Coro Nocturno, and not so much the world-shaking battles for the fate of the universe. I mean, yes, they were cool, but I would gladly read several entire books that were just "Nemo hanging out with her mortal friends".

Like, the bit in the epilogue where Nemo, Cirucci, et al show up to give Orihime, Tatsuki, and Ichigo start-of-university presents and just chill out for a while? Feed me a thousand pages of that.

E: actually, does anyone have recommendations for stuff that's that sort of "the supernatural and the mundane interacting, but in a cozy slice of life kind of way rather than a terrible-revelations-about-the-end-of-the-world kind of way" thing? Prose preferred, but I'll also take manga.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 24, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the main character of relationship guidelines is a dummy dumb dumb

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 28, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
living with my brother's wife has finally had the proposal scene

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Snooze Cruise posted:

living with my brother's wife has finally had the proposal scene

"This manga contains scenes."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
scene is a perfectly fine word for things that are not movies and tv!!1

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
(I was referencing the memes where people edited out text in the warnings in old survival horror games)

(also did not look at the spoilers because I might read it later)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh a meme, i see, i see

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

scene is a perfectly fine word for things that are not movies and tv!!1
Or music-centric social environments! :eng101:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Hey what was the name of the manga where a rough and tumble boys' school got turned into a soft uwu trans girl / "crossdresser" school?

I don't think it's I Will Not Be a Girl but I could be wrong.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

skaianDestiny posted:

Hey what was the name of the manga where a rough and tumble boys' school got turned into a soft uwu trans girl / "crossdresser" school?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
im the only one not crossdressing

https://mangadex.org/title/bf56ead8-563f-4f0d-bb73-8c27704a49da

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
thanks friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post