Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The glaive is okay, but swings doing only 30 damage is pretty painful. The halberd occupies the same sort of niche but hits a little harder; it's basically a wash for me.

What should I run on the ambusher? Cudgel seems good for loving up knights. I guess the big brain move would be to have a cudgel and a short sword and switch based on whom your fighting? :shrug: I'm so poo poo at ambusher, but man, the rush when you slide next to some big fancy exec sword helicopter knight and land a special right in his stupid face

megane fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I like hatchets for ambusher personally. Seems to 1-2 shot non-knights if I catch them from behind and good for throwing. Works for me in a standup fight because I generally like slower higher damage weapons.

I tried the cudgel but I didn't really like it, doing a little better against Knights doesn't seem worth the tradeoff against everybody else.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
If you're good at countering use the knife and just Q everyone in the head. Its special attack from behind will instakill anyone except a full health knight, and then they just need a tap for followup.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Long Spear chat just had me realize they gave the partisan model to a weapon that can't make wide sweeping horizontal swings as part of the moveset :spergin:

Hub Cat posted:

I like hatchets for ambusher personally. Seems to 1-2 shot non-knights if I catch them from behind and good for throwing. Works for me in a standup fight because I generally like slower higher damage weapons.

I tried the cudgel but I didn't really like it, doing a little better against Knights doesn't seem worth the tradeoff against everybody else.

I wish the Ambusher had throwing hammers. Honestly I wish the throwing hammers were an option for more subclasses because they look and feel amazing even if they are probably very impractical.

While I am doing minor weapon aesthetic vs function nitpicks. Throwing axe icon shows three axes, but you only get two with the knight :argh:

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Estel posted:

I unlocked the shovel and it's amazing, i love the bonk. At first it was weird because it has a shorter reach than it seems but once you are used to it's reach it's really good. I went something like 16-0 in a game before i died. Lots of people don't know how to react when you dodge their first attack and hit them in the back of the head with a charged shovel attack.

Shovel might be low-key one of the best weapons in the game. The overhead is devestating, and it's such an odd weapon people have trouble with it. You need good footwork to make use of it but once you've got that down you're golden.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I have way too many TKs from throwing my medpack at people. Why? Why!?!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Internet Explorer posted:

I have way too many TKs from throwing my medpack at people. Why? Why!?!

I've started just throwing them on the ground. People can pick them up later

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've started just throwing them on the ground. People can pick them up later

Do they though? I've thought about doing that but given how bad people are about reviving teammates, etc. I don't have high hopes for them spotting something like that.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I will never ever stop smacking people right in their stupid wounded faces with the bandage kit. I haven't killed anyone with one yet, but if one day I do, I'll just call it as them being too wounded to be saved and move on.

I do however have a handful of teamkills from overzealous sprint attack usage. I have zero regrets. War is hell.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I swear I TKed half a dozen people on one map tonight by throwing meds at them.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Revived somebody and immediately killed them with a medbox :eng99:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 14, 2021

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Hub Cat posted:

Revived somebody and immediately killed them with a medbox :eng99:

it is very goofy that the medbox can hurt people.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The box giveth and the box taketh away.

Estel
May 4, 2010
But it's great because you can kill enemies with your medbox.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
The knight's healing banner is really good. Footman spike trap also

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
this guy is very good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9imc4oTfBpM

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Here's how I feel about archers right now.

Hopefully, they will find a meaninful way to nerf archers. Nothing worse than getting rag dolled across the map from 80 health because a crossbow bolt hit you in the finger...

Maybe decrease limb damage quite a bit so that its really rewarding quality shots on the torso and head.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

archers 4 lyfe

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

archers 4 lyfe

Ban

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m okay with archers but IMO the ranged class should be some random nobody with a huge sack of random things to throw.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hopefully, they will find a meaninful way to nerf archers. Nothing worse than getting rag dolled across the map from 80 health because a crossbow bolt hit you in the finger...

Maybe decrease limb damage quite a bit so that its really rewarding quality shots on the torso and head.

Nah.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The archer fix is quite simple: One archer gets the bow. The next gets the arrow. When the archer with the bow falls, the archer with the arrow will pick up the bow.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m okay with archers but IMO the ranged class should be some random nobody with a huge sack of random things to throw.

That's how I play combat engineers.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Archer is actually incredible as a melee only class because people massively underestimate you and then you can loving destroy them if you are halfway good at counters and jabs

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
fix archers with the irl counterplay: shields. Make shields passively block missiles if they hit around the model even when not raised (like mount and blade). maybe also give footman the option for planted pavise OR spike block . Also give archers less ammo and put the ammo crates closer to contested areas.

Most people don't know that you can light xbow bolts on fire if another archer plants a brazier. I really like the idea of teammates getting synergy from utility items and actually having to work together. replace medkits with bandages and take bandages away from everyone except footman who charged one up.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

eonwe posted:

Archer is actually incredible as a melee only class because people massively underestimate you and then you can loving destroy them if you are halfway good at counters and jabs

and they get the short sword who can beat people to the punch with its super fast stab even if you don't have initiative lol . If someone has a 2h blunt or a halberd and you can get in close they're basically hosed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr. Pool posted:

fix archers with the irl counterplay: shields. Make shields passively block missiles if they hit around the model even when not raised (like mount and blade).

They already do, there's a tooltip about it!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pool posted:

and they get the short sword who can beat people to the punch with its super fast stab even if you don't have initiative lol . If someone has a 2h blunt or a halberd and you can get in close they're basically hosed.

short sword is maybe the best weapon in the game

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

explosivo posted:

They already do, there's a tooltip about it!

seriously? they need to fix the hitbox (blockbox?) then, I shot through quite a few "unraised" shields yesterday

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr. Pool posted:

seriously? they need to fix the hitbox (blockbox?) then, I shot through quite a few "unraised" shields yesterday

Maybe I misread the tooltip? Although hitboxes seem to be jank in the first place so it wouldn't surprise me if it was just broken right now.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

arrows(and ballista bolts) can definitely be blocked by an unraised shield, but the hitbox is just fucky.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Need to expand their physics kill capabilities by giving damage just for falling on people from a decent height, they already have the stumble/fall animations from tackle too. please encourage more ill advised aerial assaults.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Mr. Pool posted:

Need to expand their physics kill capabilities by giving damage just for falling on people from a decent height, they already have the stumble/fall animations from tackle too. please encourage more ill advised aerial assaults.

I will +1 Mario Chiv

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

A round also shouldn't end on certain objectives if the team completing it is actively being increasing it. Like pushing the battering ram on lionspire.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

A round also shouldn't end on certain objectives if the team completing it is actively being increasing it. Like pushing the battering ram on lionspire.

The worst is the trebuchets on lionspire. Fuse lit? gently caress you, the time ran out. Once there's less than a minute on the clock you might as well get up and stretch or whatever.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

The worst is the trebuchets on lionspire. Fuse lit? gently caress you, the time ran out. Once there's less than a minute on the clock you might as well get up and stretch or whatever.

Yeah! Thats definitely a good example

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh my, I finally unlocked the 1h spear and this thing is stupid

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Javelins being able to be blocked makes me very sad

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I feel like the game really needs points where d can actually push back instead of just delay. Doing nonstop delaying actions where o gets bonus time for completing objectives feels like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hosed up how Vanguard is the only class that gets the dagger, I loving love this thing. Even the Archer only gets the knife.

I'd kill for one of the Knight subclasses to get it. Just a big shiny idiot running around backstabbing everyone for All Of Their HP like a fat ninja