Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That trailer definitely killed the speculation about playable Zelda so at least they let us down somewhat early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Here's the trailer they just showed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i954qNxX1cc

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
So, it looks like we've got the old Hyrule, likely with some changes, plus sky islands. Skyward Sword HD suddenly seems very appropriate from a marketing perspective. They even had similar "Skydiving Link" shots.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Iunno, I'm not that excited by BOTW2. I was hoping for it to go in some new and interesting directions, and the trailer didn't show anything Zelda hasn't done before. I'm sure it'll be a good game eventually! But I don't feel compelled to find out what's going on, or explore anything new, or mess with any new systems, or anything.

Same world, some sky islands, a couple new powers. Zelda's gone again, Ganon's back again. :shrug: Eh.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Maybe I'm more hype for it because a while after they announced the delay I decided to just replay it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Link looks so drat kickass with that robotic arm.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's the Sheika Fist™️

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m excited about the Game & Watch. I love dorking around in the original Zelda, and I’ll have a convenient way to play the game boy version of Links Awakening for the first time. I can see myself actually taking this places for mini game sessions when I have time to waste.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

honestly when that smash trailer showed a guy carrying Ganondorf's body to the edge of a cliff, I thought we were starting strong with a BOTW2 with a new big bad.

alas!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Link no-clipping through the sky island is exactly what I needed. I was hoping that BotW2 would be all about caves but getting the game Skyward Sword should’ve been is perfect for the systems they developed in BotW.

Just tell us more, Nintendo! That direct was a huge disappointment otherwise.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

honestly when that smash trailer showed a guy carrying Ganondorf's body to the edge of a cliff, I thought we were starting strong with a BOTW2 with a new big bad.

alas!

That doesn't make any sense if you'd thought about it for any length of time

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

now I see, they’re porting skyward sword specifically so people can feel that void of wasted potential from the sky and then BoTW2 can come in to fill that void

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 15, 2021

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Super stoked for botw2! Some new mechanics and otherwise more of the same best game I’ve ever played.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
pretty lame tbh. no dungeons, no hookshot, no nothin. it looks like a botw expansion pack so far.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I think this was just a temporary placeholder kind of a reveal, or at least I am hoping that's the case. Can't go two years and provide nothing, but you can give a little bit. What was shown was basically just a DLC kind of experience for me, rather than a new title. The world was somewhat the same outside of the floating islands, many assets are the same. Teleporting up to the islands could just be a cutscene like teleporting for fast travel is in BotW 1. I feel like this was a bit of a fake out and the real meat and potatoes are yet to come.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Walrus posted:

pretty lame tbh. no dungeons, no hookshot, no nothin. it looks like a botw expansion pack so far.
We literally have a minute of gameplay and almost no more information. They know they have to top Breath of the Wild, so no way they won't dial things up.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

TheLoneStar posted:

We literally have a minute of gameplay and almost no more information. They know they have to top Breath of the Wild, so no way they won't dial things up.

For sure. All I can go on is what we have seen though and that implies the big new addition is the sky islands, not full dungeons as I think most people were probably hoping. If it's just shrines again tbh I probably won't play at release but that's just a strong personal preference I have.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

link fighting a worm thing in a cave with a flamethrower was pretty cool
sky islands are always awesome. love that poo poo.
why do the bokoblins have unicorn horns
was hoping to see a bit more but oh well, next year it is.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I will be very sad if they don't add in more and bigger dungeons, but I'll still play it through my angry tears on day one

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Main hopes:

-More dungeons
-No shrines. Or if they have them, way less than in the first game.
-More enemy variety.

Aside from that, I'm pretty stoked with the little information we have so far.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also lol that the phantom pain connection has only become stronger, with Link now having a robot arm

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You think they'll have a "Link loses all his powerups" moment like it's Metroid?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I'm glad it's not being rushed for 2021, and I wouldn't mind it delaying to 2023 if it makes for a better game. I think they'll have a Zelda Anniversary direct eventually, but now I can see them releasing WW and/or TP slowly over this and next year while we wait for BOTW2.

Also that little game and watch is an adorable waste of plastic and please correct me if I'm wrong but that probably did not take much development time.

e. To be clear I am very patiently excited about Breath of the Wild: Distant Lands

superjew fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 15, 2021

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

when does the two hour long gamexplain trailer analysis video come out

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i don't know when but you shouldn't watch it anyway because gamexplain guy turned out to not be paying his workers and most of them left

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Augus posted:

also lol that the phantom pain connection has only become stronger, with Link now having a robot arm

Someone on here has/had a pretty rad Venom Link avatar that I always enjoyed, but I have no idea how to even begin finding it

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I just want wind waker and TP ports while we wait man. Is that took
Much to ask for? (I’ll buy skyward sword never played it before).

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

That trailer definitely felt like a "no we swear we're still working on it, here have a tiny little scrap of gameplay as proof" trailer more than anything substantial. It's very possible the "big twist" will come out in a future trailer - keep in mind, the first Mario Odyssey trailer didn't even include the cap feature!

Cautiously optimistic, though I'm genuinely surprised they seem to have gone for a sky theme and not an underground theme

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I wonder if they're gonna bring back loftwings

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Also I haven't touched my Game and Watch for Mario in like, 8 months, and it still holds a 75% battery charge lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I liked what little they showed us but at the same time I wasn’t blown away. That’s not a bad thing and I have faith the final product will be amazing. But it’s going to be a long drat wait for next year.

I still think this game is tied to whatever ends up being the Switch Pro and as the hardware revision gets delayed, so does this game. With as bad as the market is to get computer chips, Nintendo is probably not feeling any rush to get a Switch Pro out the door.

night slime
May 14, 2014
If I remember we really didn't see much of BOTW1 until like 2 months before debut so I'm not that worried. Also yall saw Link with a mega buster and say its nothing...drat...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm pumped as hell for BoTW 2. We have:

Time manipulation power (and primitive (?) Bokoblins and Moblins with different horns)

Death Mountain is dormant

ZONAI stuff!!!

And Link's different look that seems to switch in the game. This is a time travel game. The Zonai are unknown ancients so having more of their culture being around, those lights being unbroken, and Link's look make me think that a good part of this is all about what part the Zonai had in this story.

loving BRING IT, NINTENDO

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wait...Aonuma said they had "no other Switch games planned".

Please don't tell me that means WW/TP was a pipe dream :(

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Never played BOTW but this just looks like a Genshin ripoff? I wish Nintendo had an ounce of creativity left

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Switch thread moving too fast for the trolls to get a reaction so they’re coming here.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm pumped as hell for BoTW 2. We have:

Time manipulation power (and primitive (?) Bokoblins and Moblins with different horns)

Death Mountain is dormant

ZONAI stuff!!!

And Link's different look that seems to switch in the game. This is a time travel game. The Zonai are unknown ancients so having more of their culture being around, those lights being unbroken, and Link's look make me think that a good part of this is all about what part the Zonai had in this story.

loving BRING IT, NINTENDO

Yo, did you forget enemy treehouse built on a Talos? I can't decide whether that or clipping through the overhead cliff was my favourite.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope Nintendo is gaslighting us and only the prolog is Hyrule. Pull a MGS2 and the rest of the game is in Termina/Labrynna/Holodrum. I do not wanna run around Hyrule again after Botw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gats Akimbo posted:

Yo, did you forget enemy treehouse built on a Talos? I can't decide whether that or clipping through the overhead cliff was my favourite.

Definitely not forgotten- I was just trying to focus on more of the other weird things. My first thought on that cave worm thing was a kind of Mulduga- also I didn't realize at first that it wasn't spitting fire at Link, it was Link's Zonai shield spitting fire at the monster!

edit: I was spending time scrubbing the video to see if there was any view further to the west of Death Mountain to see if Mt. Hebra was intact to confirm that it was in the past. No luck.