Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ablative posted:

Victory tweets are processed manually, RK can't do them if he's asleep any more than he can respond to your asking why your run hasn't been verified yet.

Victory tweets make it so you can register a new run via the website even before they're verified. Submitting victory pics via the website doesn't seem to be working at all tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

dis astranagant posted:

Victory tweets make it so you can register a new run via the website even before they're verified. Submitting victory pics via the website doesn't seem to be working at all tho.

I may have misunderstood the issue. Apologies.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Hackan Slash posted:

Sorry for the picture size

https://imgur.com/a/Qdq6rqu

Edit: Fixed the picture size

Leraika posted:

here's some cash to help you out of the toxx hole

e: drat, beaten to it

oh my god I'm loving sobbing right now. Thank you both so much.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Are there any good resources for Beastmaster and what poo poo is worth !catching? I think this is the first time I've had one without other busted stuff to keep me from bothering with it.

e: vvvvv Oh right that's a thing. Joined, but unsure how much I'll be posting

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 15, 2021

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Are there any good resources for Beastmaster and what poo poo is worth !catching? I think this is the first time I've had one without other busted stuff to keep me from bothering with it.

Kyro has you covered: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MW8QOQkE5iPValpgke8B5huBqqQ_pjBq36sY9LGu8UQ/edit#gid=1865754630

Also join the Discord, we have fun and love answering questions there.

Edit: By my count, we're at eleven players for my toxx.

girl dick energy
Unreal_One
Zerilan
Red Metal
Araxxor
FeyerbrandX
jaclynhyde
Nihilarian
MagusDraco
CapitalistPig
OOrochi

That leaves four more spots to do the T-Rex toxx, unless I missed someone. I'd say it'll be done by the weekend for sure!

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 15, 2021

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1404860828365512714

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

That's what I was thinking, but then Ablative's post made me doubt myself.

Ablative posted:

I may have misunderstood the issue. Apologies.

It's all good! It wouldn't be a Fiesta if there weren't technical issues!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Anyone got some tips on killing the Liquid Flame with Thief / Berserker combo? This thing hits like a truck and I cant keep up with healing and outdamage its self heal at the same time.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Anyone got some tips on killing the Liquid Flame with Thief / Berserker combo? This thing hits like a truck and I cant keep up with healing and outdamage its self heal at the same time.

Grind levels.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

Grind levels.

This is gonna be the answer for a lot of things in my future isn't it :negative:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Assuming your fire job isn't something good, probably.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

This is gonna be the answer for a lot of things in my future isn't it :negative:

Hellioning posted:

Assuming your fire job isn't something good, probably.

Depends on the earth job too, but yeah, Thief/Zerk is a rough start.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Make sure you're utilizing your massive stockpile of Hi-Potions you have from stealing from enemies.

If you're already doing that...yeah, I guess you'll just have to grind more. :v:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If you haven't already, give your berserkers mythril knives, because they're more accurate without sacrificing too much damage. Otherwise, you're gonna need to grind doggos.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

If you don't attack it while it's in tornado form it'll use up all its MP pretty quickly and won't be able to keep healing.

I'd recommend going in with your berserker(s) dead, let it run out of healing MP, then raise the berserker(s)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Jose Valasquez posted:

If you don't attack it while it's in tornado form it'll use up all its MP pretty quickly and won't be able to keep healing.

I'd recommend going in with your berserker(s) dead, let it run out of healing MP, then raise the berserker(s)

This worked, thank you! Didn't realize you could make both the hand and tornado form run out of MP that quickly.

Got Geomancer for my Fire job, which seems interesting. Don't think I've ever really used this in a normal playthrough.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

nrook posted:

:toxx:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

https://imgur.com/a/T7SvktF
8 weapons, 80 cents.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

nrook posted:

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

Here's my dump of 8 unneeded weapons.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Two Toxxes One Boss:

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

:chaos:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sup thread, I forgot that I did Fifthjob until I had killed Omega, woops! I didn't use Control or Catch at all after I got Krile though so it's fine. I rolled Ranger as her job, which is a big lol because I took the Brave Blade as I had no way to use the CK.

Anyway I'm just over here with a zombie'd Bartz wearing a Reflect Ring and Faris Hiding, waiting for Shinryu to kill himself with 180-200 damage Atomic Rays.

Edit: Actually that wasn't so bad.

And my next run, Chaos, starts with Bard.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 15, 2021

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

If Bahamut counts as a boss.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Final party is Geomancer/Berserker/Bard/Dancer. No Buy Run, currently Brave run (though now that I have Dancer I'm really tempted to embrace my inner cowardice...)

I did get another Gaia kill against Adamantoise, but I'll wait to collect a few more before I post the pic.

Without the ability to buy stuff, this run is tough, even with my relatively cheap party. The big problem is a lack of healing items, as a few fights made me eat through my stash, and even the last few fights had me use the occasional Elixir. It led to some interesting strategies.

* Sandworm had my main damage coming from a drat bell. I focused on keeping my Geomancers alive, and ultimately my bell-wielder finally got the kill, all alone.

* Soul Cannon involved my Bard using Mighty March and immediately Hiding while the rest of the party rushed the Launchers down. After the rest of the party inevitably died, then began the very fun tactic of Plink-N-Hide, where my turns would be Attack-Hide-Reveal. Slow, especially since I was only doing 120ish a hit, but it worked.

* Archy was fine at first with Wind Slash spam, but the damage added up, and by the final form things were looking rough. I threw an Elixir on my Berserker, and luckily she got some key blocks and evasions and was able to barely kill Archeoaevis.

This has been a surprisingly rough run, but it's nice to have a good challenge between my party and these toxxes! Still got the Meteor bosses to go, but World 1 has been a nice experience so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the game in time.

Particularly getting the Rune Axe...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

I threw summons at it until it went away. Including a fat birb.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

nrook posted:

Only got rid of 6 because I didn't feel like going through the trench.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Completed my first 'official' run of the year, and hopefully contributed to some toxxes, unless they've already capped out. I used the Waddler balance patch and the first of the altered NEDs I submitted. (Yes, that's plural. We'll see if I get around to the others.)

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

Sadly, I think NED died to a !Jump, not a !Gaia.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

Someone mentioned something about boss battles ending with Lenna poisoned?

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Koobes posted:

Well I missed the boss fade because I was fast-forwarding but if you're willing to take my word for this being after Magissa and Forza then cool beans.

EDIT: Oh yeah, not a toxx (other than CHAOS but I dropped a mention for that back at the start) but I finished my first run of the season earlier this evening!

Knight/Berserker/Bard/Dancer makes for a largely lazy press A to win party with a really nice equipment spread and the occasional fun trick, I liked it a lot.

ArashiKurobara fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 16, 2021

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I have now unlocked my Earth Job: Samurai!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

First fest of the season done.

Didn't have to grind much post game since I had to grind early on to survive quadzerker liquid flame and wanted to do single white mage trizerker for byblos and sandworm.

And Sol Cannon just because I needed just a bit more cash for a second angel ring to negate having to juggle healing old and attacking.

After a nice little mini grind to level 30 for W2 Exdeath to L3 flare his face in a few times and then no grinding again ever, thanks to shell keeping everyone alive.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
First time ever playing ffv. thought this would be a fine time to run it through at least once.

First job is thief.

Hey..... I heard this is not a damaging class at the start before the good thief stuff is available.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

Hey..... I heard this is not a damaging class at the start before the good thief stuff is available.

Yeah you'll be using a lot of potions through garula. Definitely make sure you steal mithril knives from the y burns and get the elf mantle from the walz castle basement (provided you're on GBA, if not... well you'll have !flee by then, definitely make use of it).

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

EVIL Gibson posted:

First time ever playing ffv. thought this would be a fine time to run it through at least once.

First job is thief.

thief is the utility class. It has like half a dozen abilities designed to make the game less annoying to play, especially for someone who hasn't played before. It's a rough start due to lacking damage but once you get past the second crystal it'll be pretty handy to have.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Galick posted:

Due to a sudden financial emergency, I am no longer able to pay this toxx. I understand that this is going to result in a ban, that's fine. If you play the hack and enjoy it, please just note that further development is on hold temporarily. I wish you all the best!

I will cover this toxx :toxx:, so long as someone can help me know when it reaches the max so I pay it out :shobon:

And my run is using said mod so that's already guaranteed $5 :getin:

e: Whoops, caught up with thread and see I was beaten. Still, I'll keep it alive starting from $5 for an additional $5 up to $100, as I'm a person of honor, for each person completing the Fiesta using the rebalance.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Getting close to the end of my THF/MYS/RAN/MNK run, not a lot to say about it other than x-fight chicken knife spellblade will basically kill everything, and flee alone makes having a thief a worthwhile contribution to the group. Here are some fulfilled toxxes:

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

nrook posted:

Did Phoenix Tower and realized most my damage was going to be coming from chicken knife or spellblades and my ranger having an artemis instead of a yoichi wouldn't really matter so I went back and sold it also. Sorry for the dumb image size, not really sure the best way to handle showing all 12 being sold.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

Didn't get the killing damage in the shot but not really sure how exciting fire2 spellblade really is. It's gotta be the easiest way to fulfil this toxx.

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is there an Idiot's Guide to Chemist anywhere? the google doc in the OP just basically says "it's busted, gg", links a mix chart, and mentions a few unobvious useful mixes. something like a page that lists boss status weaknesses and where/how to get reagents would be helpful.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Countblanc posted:

is there an Idiot's Guide to Chemist anywhere? the google doc in the OP just basically says "it's busted, gg", links a mix chart, and mentions a few unobvious useful mixes. something like a page that lists boss status weaknesses and where/how to get reagents would be helpful.

I routinely use Enkibot. Put in Chemist as one of your jobs and it'll point out good times to go hunting for reagents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Most reagents are buyable, except for Turtle Shells (drop from turtles, look east of Karnak or south of Moore), Dragon Fangs (drop from dragons, farm in Drakenvale) and Dark Matters (honestly these aren't that useful, the ones from chests should last you the whole game).

imo the most important mixes to remember for general use are:
Potion + Phoenix Down is a full-hp resurrect
Turtle Shell + Maiden's Kiss is the Chemist's best offense
Dragon Fang + Potion raises level by 20

Here's a boss status weakness chart.