Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jack B Nimble posted:

The person with DOG written in their avatar says vampires, the person that has a dog as their avatar says cats, and it's pussy island? This is all a conspiracy orchestrated by Big Dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLO1amgDhYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
If it really does involve Roman Reigns in a phantom of the opera mask, we'll know who to call:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
K.K. Slider got hardcore.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Jack B Nimble posted:

The person with DOG written in their avatar says vampires, the person that has a dog as their avatar says cats, and it's pussy island? This is all a conspiracy orchestrated by Big Dog.

If this is a somehow a remake of Isle of Dogs... gently caress, I'm down.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Pussy Island sounds like a Fox show.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Will the Pussy Wagon from Kill Bill make a cameo?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pussy Island sounds like a Fox show.

That’s been cancelled before episode 1

In the traditional sense.

Axed by execs

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
It's probably gonna be something boring like there's a secret society of cannibals or a Wickerman "gotta do some human sacrifice to make sure the stocks don't plummet" scenario, but I'm betting that it's gonna take a Monkey Island route and never explain what the secret of Pussy Island is or even allude to the existence of a mystery in the first place.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Peter thiel but he’s an actual vampire

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The terrifying truth is that the island actually full of fans of the movie Cats. There is a daily screening of the movie (the forbidden butthole cut), and people dress up as the characters from it. They expect her to join them.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The terrifying truth is that the island actually full of fans of the movie Cats. There is a daily screening of the movie (the forbidden butthole cut), and people dress up as the characters from it. They expect her to join them.

Midsommar 2 sounds amazing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1405027610862706691?s=21

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
wherein we find out the candelabra killed gaston's parents

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

A young Gaston looks on in horror as a stack of books pushes his mother off a cliff.

Gaston staring into a mirror, applying face paint: "I will become the Gaston."

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

IShallRiseAgain posted:

What's the terrifying part?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/etcanada/status/1405600235578134528?s=21

https://twitter.com/neonrated/status/1405563386927239170?s=21

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Looking like Steve Bannon from the thumbnail

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

steve bannon?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Stink Billyums posted:

steve bannon?

David Cameron

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t blame him, truffles are big money. I’d be pissed if my truffle pig got stolen too.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

John Whiff

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Baken

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

“I have a particular set of skills”

*shaves bad guys face like it’s a truffle*

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

extremely haram

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I have only checked out Gaston's song from that movie and was completely underwhelmed by it's lack of energy. I like Evans in theory but Hollywood needs to stop making him the main guy.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I have only checked out Gaston's song from that movie and was completely underwhelmed by it's lack of energy. I like Evans in theory but Hollywood needs to stop making him the main guy.

Cast him as evil Orlando Bloom in a Pirates movie.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The premise of this movie reads like a writer's room joke. "What if John Wick but Nicholas Cage and pig?"

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Blacula is backula!

quote:

“Blacula” is leaving the coffin.

MGM, Bron and Hidden Empire Film Group’s Deon and Roxanne Avent Taylor are teaming up for a reboot of the blaxploitation horror classic.

The new film is a modern reimagining of the 1972 movie, directed by William Crain and starring William Marshall as Blacula. The reboot picks up where the original saga left off, after the 1973 sequel “Scream Blacula Scream,” and will be set in a metropolitan city post-coronavirus pandemic.

A description of “Blacula” teases how the movie will update the classic story, as it follows the vampire as he “thirsts for vengeance”:

Blacula is an ancient African prince who is cursed by Dracula after he fails to agree to end the slave trade. Blacula is entombed and awakens 200 years later ready to avenge the death of his ancestors and of those responsible for robbing his people of their work, culture and heritage as they appropriated it for profit.

Deon Taylor will direct the project, based on a script co-written with Micah Ranum. Roxanne Avent Taylor is producing the movie on behalf of Hidden Empire Film Group.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/blacula-reboot-deon-taylor-1234999358/

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead

Alan Smithee posted:

Peter thiel but he’s an actual vampire

A documentary then?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Blacula is backula!

Better than Bakula is Blacula, at least.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Better than Bakula is Blacula, at least.

I've been thinking about Quantum Leap a lot like could you even do it today. You have a white dude controlling a black dude and native american but learning lessons about "what it's like"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I've been thinking about Quantum Leap a lot like could you even do it today. You have a white dude controlling a black dude and native american but learning lessons about "what it's like"

He is frequently put in his place when messing with social or cultural situations he doesn’t understand and learns why he’s wrong, but people today would probably want more time spent with the people he’s replacing who occupy his body in the future.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Scott Bakula

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gatts posted:

I like Scott Bakula

Has he ever played a Dracula?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Vincent posted:

Has he ever played a Dracula?

He possibly did in a Quantum Leap episode. He leaped into some culty weirdo who wore a cape and lived in a castle and Al was convinced the dude was actually a vampire while Sam was pretty sure he was just an edgelord. Then at the end of the episode just before he leaped he looked into a silver plate to see what his current body actually looked like (they pointed out that there were no mirrors in the house) and he couldn't see his own reflection :drac:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Okay I'm genuinely intrigued by this because I legit love the original Blacula and I enjoy Scream Blacula Scream (who doesn't love Pam Grier?). This has been my dream "write a remake" project forever so fingers crossed this is actually good.

Although who the hell is going to replace William Marshall as Mamuwalde? If Chadwick hadn't passed recently I'd have pointed to him as probably the perfect person to replace Marshall in the role but otherwise I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who could pull off the same presence and gravitas.

Seriously if you've never checked out Blacula, it's good (except the cringe as hell 70's super stereotypical gay couple in the opening 15 minutes) and the soundtrack is some solid 70's jazz.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blackula's probably the best movie ever played on Comet or ThisTV.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Yawn. Wake me up when they reboot Blackenstein or the Blunchblack of Blotre Blame.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cacator posted:

Yawn. Wake me up when they reboot Blackenstein or the Blunchblack of Blotre Blame.

Or Deafula:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si3cNB33Ui8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Qualifying with blackness is broke and bone throwing

Woke: casting a black man as Dracula to tap into the culture wars