Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Cool, thank you both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Also I lost track of the "CHAOS" Incentive post but here's another one for that pile!

Summoner and Red Mage was kind of a heavy duty combo, that's even skipping Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut (Boosted Syldra and Phoenix + 2 Gil Toss after some cash farming made W3 and the void a breeze)

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
:toxx:
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

forgot to grab ramuh on world 1 so he was the last summon i got

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

al-majisti died anyway thanks to break blade

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hey so it turns out that sitting around letting Ghidra spew poison at you is actually kind of terrible, who knew? In the end it took me like 3-4 wipes/resets and 30 of my hi potions to get the killer bow. Definitely not worth the hassle if you're not doing a challenge that prevents you from just buying one later, unless you have a way to shut him down.

And of course in the end I didn't get ranger anyway. Sorry samurai, we will not be making it GP rain today.

All in all, Dragoon/Thief/Knight/Samurai isn't... a terrible team to do this with? Scrounging up enough heavy armor for everyone is going to be a pain until I've collected a couple Genji pieces, and looking at it now it occurs to me that I have literally no multi target options (except wind slash procs and iainuki I guess), but there shouldn't be any weird weapon gaps and I've got a lot of raw beef to brute force my way through any trouble spots. Shinryu's probably pretty doable even!

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Hey so it turns out that sitting around letting Ghidra spew poison at you is actually kind of terrible, who knew? In the end it took me like 3-4 wipes/resets and 30 of my hi potions to get the killer bow. Definitely not worth the hassle if you're not doing a challenge that prevents you from just buying one later, unless you have a way to shut him down.

And of course in the end I didn't get ranger anyway. Sorry samurai, we will not be making it GP rain today.

All in all, Dragoon/Thief/Knight/Samurai isn't... a terrible team to do this with? Scrounging up enough heavy armor for everyone is going to be a pain until I've collected a couple Genji pieces, and looking at it now it occurs to me that I have literally no multi target options (except wind slash procs and iainuki I guess), but there shouldn't be any weird weapon gaps and I've got a lot of raw beef to brute force my way through any trouble spots. Shinryu's probably pretty doable even!

Knight gets an ability that lets it multitarget later, at the cost of losing two-handed.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

...I'm playing vanilla.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Decided to stream my first ever FJF run which is also my first ever FF5 playthrough, and made it to the Fire Crystal. I meant to do an FJF way back like 6 years ago and kept putting it off, and the game has been real fun so far, loving that Job system!

...but it sure don't love me! :shepface:

(I do kinda like Berserkers for just being strong walls of meat what smack things tho, I'm a man of simple pleasures)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zeikier posted:

Decided to stream my first ever FJF run which is also my first ever FF5 playthrough, and made it to the Fire Crystal. I meant to do an FJF way back like 6 years ago and kept putting it off, and the game has been real fun so far, loving that Job system!

...but it sure don't love me! :shepface:

(I do kinda like Berserkers for just being strong walls of meat what smack things tho, I'm a man of simple pleasures)
one berserker is fine, its when you start getting multiples that it becomes a problem outside of specific fights. And beastmasters pretty good

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Nihilarian posted:

one berserker is fine, its when you start getting multiples that it becomes a problem outside of specific fights. And beastmasters pretty good

Beastmaster sounds fun yeah, tho the whole "Blue Mage but with more steps" feels a little restricting. At least their attack damage is decent enough with whips.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Cattail Prophet posted:

...I'm playing vanilla.

My bad, I forgot what was and wasn't in the mod since I haven't played in close to 9(10?) years.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Koobes posted:

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Poor Lenna, she keeps tripping and getting poisoned!

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 16, 2021

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

hehehehe

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Haha oops, just realized I completely screwed myself out of doing fork tower because the only place to get mage mashers without buying them is to steal them off of the sorcerers in the Karnak 500. (unless there's one in a chest somewhere I'm forgetting about?) I do actually still have a save in the castle basement, but that definitely isn't worth it. Oh well, the Defender is kind of niche and the only thing I would have wanted out of istory is the second aegis shield, plus I can still theoretically steal both of those elsewhere.

E: Obviously I'd also be in exactly the same boat if I just didn't have thief in the first place. It also occurs to me that beyond just being terrible fits for the challenge in general, mystic knight can't do rugwizard anymore if you can't spend money, and white, time, and especially black mage have to jump through some hoops for it.

Double edit: Wait never mind, white mage would already have holy for the fight.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 16, 2021

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Jacohl weapon shop sells them in w3 still.

Also, mystic knight shits all over omni with mute spellblade. It lasts a long time as a spellblade.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

pyromance posted:

Jacohl weapon shop sells them in w3 still.

Also, mystic knight shits all over omni with mute spellblade. It lasts a long time as a spellblade.

I believe the issue is Cattail is doing the "no spending gil" thing.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Depending on the version he's playing on, black mage would be equally screwed, as rods also trigger reset. I know SNES does, and pretty sure GBA is the same on that, but I think it was changed in the Matrix versions.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

I hope !mix is an acceptable alternative.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

pyromance posted:

Depending on the version he's playing on, black mage would be equally screwed, as rods also trigger reset. I know SNES does, and pretty sure GBA is the same on that, but I think it was changed in the Matrix versions.

Yeah but unlike Flare Blade, Flare is garbo. :v:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

For the record, the strat for black mage at that point is to dick around in the tower for a while cycling the wonder wand to berserk as soon as you pick it up. And bad as flare is, if for some godforsaken reason you're actually following through on the no spending challenge with a black mage you should probably take whatever you can get.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Kinda new, only beat FFV once years ago.

We got monk as our first job. So, can we not do magic?

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

I didn't time the screenshot very well, but !Open Fire ruined that dinosaur's whole career.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Drunk Nerds posted:

At least not until the Water crystal. After that it depends on your second job.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

At least not until the Water crystal. After that it depends on your second job.

Thank you!

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
All right, I took last year off, but I've got a lot of meetings to sit through this summer and I'm going to try to do it on a GBA emulator, having played so many runs through the Matrix version on my phone that I can't possibly sit through another cutscene. I got Monk / Knight / Mystic Knight / Red Mage, which is... interesting. Is this one of the rarest parties where the Brave Blade might be worth it? Or is it just never worth it?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You will get better use out of brave blade than chicken knife, but the you're restricted to never running away. As long as you're ok with that, then sure brave blade away. Brave blade is basically never worth it (he said, while doing a brave blade run to fulfill a toxx)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.

The floating friends are Chemist, Mime, and Twinzerker:

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

And nine legendary weapons sold for $0.90: https://imgur.com/a/EBYCNil

Edit:

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Got a...friend?

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 16, 2021

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Ok, i need to know, I got white mage as my wind job and time mage as my water job (I decided to check and see before getting there), how rough is this run going to be before i get my fire job?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

gatesealer posted:

Ok, i need to know, I got white mage as my wind job and time mage as my water job (I decided to check and see before getting there), how rough is this run going to be before i get my fire job?

Your offense is largely going to be snapping rods. The upside is that snapping rods is pretty good offense. :v:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

gatesealer posted:

You have access to rods for breaking after the water crystal so the real problem with your run is getting to there. It’s not difficult but it is tedious just because you have very little in the way of offense but all the defensive tricks you could want.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think you can buy Flails for everyone at Karnak if you want to go that route, lol

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Alxprit posted:

I think you can buy Flails for everyone at Karnak if you want to go that route, lol

You can, but you're probably better off using mythril daggers for 1-2 "frontline" WHMs. Or just running from things and breaking rods on bosses and gigases until you get a 3rd job.

I had chemist/time mage for the same stretch, and it wasn't that bad even with me being a moron who refuses to flee even when I should. Stabbing people and the occasional gravity gets you through well enough, and with several white mages and the cura stick from Typhoon you're not going to die.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Time can use Mythril Daggers, and you can get some mileage out of Gravity as well, but anything difficult you're going want to break some rods.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

gatesealer posted:

I’ve done this before. Stop and Gravity will be surprisingly useful spells for this stretch, particularly for Karnak.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Drunk Nerds posted:

I haven't beaten FFV in like a decade+ and I ALSO got monks. Good luck to us lol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Customized my stream deck thing to help with this game

it's all free is to open the mega64 guide that list what you can steal... through action

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

I always thought this would be a very scary toxx but it was pretty alright actually

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

Oh right, I forgot to screen cap it but I actually did this; did you know that a two-handed Gaia Hammer slaps for like 3500 damage if it doesn't cast Quake? Yeah.

Up to you if runs using waddler patch are valid for this or not tho.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man this Soul Cannon fight is goddamn miserable with Thief / Berserker / Geomancer. Literally 2 out of 4 characters are completely useless except to toss potions and his HP is just absurd.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to catch him dissolving but it is done. I also learned that snapping rods on t-rex makes you eat a 4k counterattack. :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man this Soul Cannon fight is goddamn miserable with Thief / Berserker / Geomancer. Literally 2 out of 4 characters are completely useless except to toss potions and his HP is just absurd.

Ouch, yeah. That composition is horrible for Soul Cannon. Little you can do except grind levels and farm Hi-Potions I'm afraid.