Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
help? my basement is full of rats. i go down there to smash em with my Cold Iron Warhammer (in case any are faeblooded) and the stench is unbearable but i don't seem to have leveled up yet. i havent noticed any new spell like abilities manifest and my hitpoint total is still woefully low. ive dug through the corpses and theyre not dropping any coins either so i can't even pay for training? what gives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i don't think you clicked autolevel. on the bright side you're gonna be sitting on a bunch of unspent exp and will likely jump from lvl 1 to somewhere around 7?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
have you talked w/ the wizened old man yet?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
p ure you have to b4 the tutorial lets u actually level up

Nosfereefer

sometimes he wont show up until the next day if you spend too long on the previous parts (like the toilet training, gently caress that)

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Heather Papps posted:

i don't think you clicked autolevel. on the bright side you're gonna be sitting on a bunch of unspent exp and will likely jump from lvl 1 to somewhere around 7?

oh oh cool, where's that button? is it in my living room? im in the library

Nosfereefer posted:

have you talked w/ the wizened old man yet?

no, he... he went out for smokes...

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

p ure you have to b4 the tutorial lets u actually level up

ah poo poo i forgot you can't even access options till you leave the tutorial. i'm at the fighting bats in the attic stage of my quest so sometimes i forget what it's like, to be in the basement, fighting rats with an icehammer, (i'm fighting bats with a firedagger)

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
You need to visit the High Council of your Order, who will certify your advancement. You remembered to have your experience transcripts notarized by your quest-giver, right?

Escape From Noise

Have you been skinning the rats?

FutonForensic

you can only level up after a Long Rest. if you are not leveled up after Resting, you did not Rest Long enough.

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Do you have hardcore turned on? Once you start with that option you can't turn it off and it converts all your xp gains into prestige points that you can use to build up your next hardcore character. Just go as far as you can on this life and see what sweet upgrades you can start with next time.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Try sleeping.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Hey if you do find any faeblooded rats lmk, I need four of their tails for something

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

frump truck

hello... again!

you should hang out w the rats instead of killing them. rats are smart and cool

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

frump truck posted:

you should hang out w the rats instead of killing them. rats are smart and cool

hey there's a message i can't dismiss from the queue, it says i've "Equipped Hantavirus"???

crimes

nut

life’s basically a demo until you use real money to purchase neo exchange tokens which can in turn be exchanged for visits to the exp master and seasonal hats

Escape From Noise

You gotta find the creep in the cellar (who I'm gonna let in!)

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
lol look at this noob doesn't know how to level on the rats

Ventral EggSac

If you talk with the rat at the back of the cellar it will give you a quest where you need to get "One (1) Picture of a Penis" but it won't accept the quest as completed unless it's your own, don't do that quest

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

exp gained scales with your levels op. its time you move on to killing dogs

alnilam

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

no, he... he went out for smokes...

:ohdear:

ty manifisto

super sweet best pal

Escape From Noise posted:

Have you been skinning the rats?

That's a good idea, every piece of ratskin gear gives a stacking +20% to exp gain from rats.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
well since im using a hammer and these are fairly small rats (i live in a smol bean city, no big rats, many predatory birds) there's really not much of the skins left, but i did like y'all said and stacked the rat skins and now the basement is clogged with these overlapping stacks of 64 ratskins. they're clipping through the floor. when they clip through the furnace they're already on fire and it spreads to the other stacks of skins and even Fire Rats, which increases their speed and inflicts Fire Damage when giving/recieving melee attacks

crimes

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
wait, you're fighting rats in your own basement? Those are your familiars, you fool!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the only thing im Familiar with this is the Word of G-d.

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

checked the bible and i hate to ask this but have you ever spilled your seed, wastefully, upon the ground?
this may be the issue.

Turdo

You need to equip a Rat Skewer if you want to gain XP from killing rats. With your hammer equipped you don't get any experience but you do get rat paste for crafting.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

the ones who drop potions came from your neighbors meth lab

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

make the rats fight each other instead

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

start a rat circus

Theotus

Sounds like you might need to work on some other skills. Your Blunt exp is probably capped for this level, so you should get the max bonus once you do level.

Escape From Noise

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

well since im using a hammer and these are fairly small rats (i live in a smol bean city, no big rats, many predatory birds) there's really not much of the skins left, but i did like y'all said and stacked the rat skins and now the basement is clogged with these overlapping stacks of 64 ratskins. they're clipping through the floor. when they clip through the furnace they're already on fire and it spreads to the other stacks of skins and even Fire Rats, which increases their speed and inflicts Fire Damage when giving/recieving melee attacks

Alright, now you kept the meat, right? Because next you'll need some cats...

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

race the rats in the rat race

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
fuckfuckfuckfuck i setup a little gladiator ring like you guys said but the other rats started identifying with Ratticus, this badass ratiator whose wife i killed in secret in order to imprison him under my control. anyhow things kinda spiralled out of control and now they're burning down the colliseum with the stacks of burning ratskins i still haven't cleaned up

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

sometimes we thought we were playing an rpg, when it's actually a turn based strategy game. check gamefaqs.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
ive secured a temporary alliance between myself and the hordes of Raticus faithful by marrying my son to the daughter of his second in command. they're both 2 so mostly he picks her up then puts her in his mouth. i have defeated Hantavirus by grinding up and snorting spiders.

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay so as soon as you encounter raccoons abandon all your rat allegiances. they are useless in the midgame.

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Heather Papps posted:

okay so as soon as you encounter raccoons abandon all your rat allegiances. they are useless in the midgame.

Tell the racoon emissary "no" three times after you max out their affection though, that way you get the Genji Glove instead of the Gauntlet.

Theotus

RudeCat posted:

Tell the racoon emissary "no" three times after you max out their affection though, that way you get the Genji Glove instead of the Gauntlet.

The Gauntlet can be traded though, it might be worth it to play through things naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Glorious Opportunity To Get Rich!!! — We are starting a cat ranch in Lacon with 100,000 cats. Each cat will average 12 kittens a year. The cat skins will sell for 30 cents each. One hundred men can skin 5,000 cats a day. We figure a daily net profit of over $10,000. Now what shall we feed the cats? We will start a rat farm next door with 1,000,000 rats. The rats breed 12 times faster than the cats. So we will have four rats to feed each day to each cat. Now what shall we feed the rats? We will feed the rats the carcasses of the cats after they have been skinned. Now Get This! We feed the rats to the cats and the cats to the rats and get the cat skins for nothing!