Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
One thing to realize is that merging weapons you've invested in kicks it up to near if not exactly the same level for something new. You can select your new weapon with high attack power and then check what your currently equipped weapon will do if merged. Often it'll end up being higher. Just mash your crap together and it'll generally work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

mabels big day posted:

What is the highest level 1 weapon damage I should be looking for to start investing heavily in? Does it vary from weapon to weapon? For some I've found up to 70 base power at level 1, but for others I can't find more than base 60. And for Link, I found a savage lynel sword that is at base 76. Is there a cap to level 1 weapon power?

Bottom of the first page of this google doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1Ci8hBndMf9jIRC_sYzZaKWhWt9UVw9Ee8PyhlbQ-eHA/htmlview

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I realise this is the HW2 thread now, but I'm playing HW:DE again and I forgot just how much I hate Agitha's skillset, it's just so loving obtuse.

And its annoying to fight against.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

tithin posted:

And its annoying to fight against.

What, do you not like it when the enemy just can't be hurt for 5 seconds at a time as part of their regular combo?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Leal posted:

What, do you not like it when the enemy just can't be hurt for 5 seconds at a time as part of their regular combo?

Don't forget that you'll get clipped and interrupted even when she's standing still because of that beetle

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

We aren’t getting DLC for the new game are we?

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Ultimate Mango posted:

We aren’t getting DLC for the new game are we?

My bet is Nintendo won't let them make any DLC until after botw2 releases.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So, whole new botw2 themed game instead of a DLC, got it

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Well this is interesting.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

That is both way less than I expected, and coming way slower. Unless they're drastically understating what each of those lines means, that honestly kinda feels a bit lame compared to the DLC for prior Warriors crossovers.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

ElegantFugue posted:

That is both way less than I expected, and coming way slower. Unless they're drastically understating what each of those lines means, that honestly kinda feels a bit lame compared to the DLC for prior Warriors crossovers.

I mean, without knowing how many challenges, characters, weapons, etc it's hard to judge
I'm just going to assume they're equal in size to the og hyrule warriors dlc packs and basically 50+ battles and 3ish characters/weapons per

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 18, 2021

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I just want more tactical based maps.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

MatchaZed posted:

Yeah, more maps like the battle of hateno for sure

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Gonna guess Wave 1 is playable Purah and Robbie with the Ancient Lab poo poo including some cutscenes about their research or whatever, based on the few shots of new material from the trailer

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm waiting to see if they give me Linkle :colbert:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

MatchaZed posted:

Yeah, they could throw in 100 new challenges but if it's more of the run from A to B to kill an enemy, I'll give it a miss.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That map where a bunch of guardians all spawn at once and can pretty much instantly cause you to fail the mission if you don’t deal with them immediately ruled. It was at Akkala iirc. I’d love more “defend your bases against an onslaught of powerful enemies or lose quickly” missions. The siege at Fort Hateno one was also great.

I liked the Lynel gauntlets and stuff too so I’ll definitely be picking up the DLC no matter what, the more Hyrule Warriors the better.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

:same:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bakalakadaka posted:

Linkle or switch in the trash.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They’ve announced details for the DLC:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1395771386338086915?s=21

Prototype Ancient Armor & Ancient Sword, coming May 28th. I would expect that more details on the first wave of DLC would be announced at e3 since it’s due out in June.

Edit: now in English!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 21, 2021

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Hmm, interesting.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Only one new character?

Seems kind of off brand for a musou game, especially when Hyrule Warriors went from like 13 to 40 by the end.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wave 2 says "expanded roster" which I assume means more playable characters. But honestly Astor, Sooga, Purah and Robbie are probably going to be all we get.

The first HW was a celebration of all things Zelda and plus there was timespace fuckery so they could kinda just throw in whoever, but this game is sort of limited by being just about BotW so there really aren't many other characters they could add that would fit or that wouldn't just be new original characters like Sooga and Astor are.

Joke option though: add the lady who fucks up Link for stepping on the flowers.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'd love to see Beedle as a joke character!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wave 2 says "expanded roster" which I assume means more playable characters. But honestly Astor, Sooga, Purah and Robbie are probably going to be all we get.

The first HW was a celebration of all things Zelda and plus there was timespace fuckery so they could kinda just throw in whoever, but this game is sort of limited by being just about BotW so there really aren't many other characters they could add that would fit or that wouldn't just be new original characters like Sooga and Astor are.

Joke option though: add the lady who fucks up Link for stepping on the flowers.

Flower-Blight Ganon

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It says new character but I hope it isn’t just one, that would suck rear end. At least they’re giving us new move sets for existing characters…

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I hope we get some quality of life upgrades like being able to buy apples, turning blood moons into a regular selectable difficulty, and giving Link and Zelda separate inventories for each moveset. They’re talking about giving Link a fourth moveset but his inventory is pretty cramped with the three he has

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If I had to guess, they probably originally intended to have more characters in that first update but got slammed by COVID. I've heard that Japanese devs did not adjust particularly well to work-from-home and a lot of projects fell behind.

I'm interested in what "New battle skills" means, since it's listed differently from "added weapon types". Are they adding some new mechanics? More unique actions? New Sheikah slate runes?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My guess is 1 pass will give us soogah and astor, and the other will give robbbie/purah. Im guessing we get the villains first, because as enemies they already have their moves in the game. I imagine robbie/purah will have to be made from mostly scratch

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wasn’t evidence of Robbie and Purah as playable found in the game’s files? That plus the first wave explicitly mentioning the Research Lab makes me think it’ll be the other way around, that we’ll get them first

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Evidence was found for Sooga, Robbie, Purah and Astor being playable because whenever you switch characters, the character you're playing as will call out the name of the character you're switching to (except when you're switching from Link, obviously), and there are voice files for characters calling out their names. That doesn't mean there can't be more later, of course, but those four were obviously planned to be released at a future date right from the start (kind of like Volga/Wizro/Cia in the original HW).

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1404853979520065538?s=21

New character is a Guardian. New weapons are Master Cycle for Zelda and a goofy flail made of guardian legs for Link. New challenges and a higher difficulty level, Apocalyptic. Cool I guess? Kinda disappointed about the new character.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Is the guardian a character or is it more like the divine beasts? Can't say for sure either way from that tweet.

e: Nope, it's a character in the card at the end.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’m super surprised it isn’t Robbie and Purah, the trailer and the new challenges in the Lab made it seem like it couldn’t be anybody else

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

We all assumed we would get robbie, purah, sooga, and astor in the dlc. But i cant imagine they would add all 4 of them in one pack

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Put Linkle in the game you cowards.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Hmm, I guess they would’ve said if Purah or Robbie was piloting the Guardian.

Oh well, maybe Zelda will finally have a fun moveset in this game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Put Linkle in the game you cowards.

Pretend I empty quoted this 100 times.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Scrap Dragon posted:

Hmm, I guess they would’ve said if Purah or Robbie was piloting the Guardian.

Oh well, maybe Zelda will finally have a fun moveset in this game.

Zelda already has two of the best movesets in the game :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zore posted:

Zelda already has two of the best movesets in the game :colbert:
Seconding this. Bow's C5 is stupid good for safely taking out boss enemies.