Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Kazinsal posted:

holy poo poo, people are playing hardline still? whaaaaaat

yeah, haha, but each night it's just a lone TDM server so I don't really play anymore- although lately there's been a lot more players on. You don't see teams of Joker suits anymore but the game is still fun and it's heartwarming to hear your Wolf say "gently caress yeah" as you C4 something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JB-O8A-TA

It burned down the house

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Never forget

It burned down the house

Trying very hard to forget, thanks

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Shinjobi posted:

Never forget

It burned down the house

In the fine tradition of EA executives trying to push into over-crowded markets, it also burned down the game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Krogort posted:

And reliably getting kills on tank drivers rather than having them flee and disappear like rats if there is cover around.
Actually tank drivers bailing because being able to instantly get out of their vehicle making them feel safe owns because it meant a chance to steal a tank, a classic Battlefield tradition

I think I could count the number times I've seen a stolen tank in both BF1 and V combined on one hand

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Insert name here posted:

Actually tank drivers bailing because being able to instantly get out of their vehicle making them feel safe owns because it meant a chance to steal a tank, a classic Battlefield tradition

I think I could count the number times I've seen a stolen tank in both BF1 and V combined on one hand

Why would a bail animation prevent stealing a tank?

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

I haven't seen BF4 queue numbers like this in a long time. And on a Wednesday night as well.

Another bonus of the game being free/on sale lately is that my premium queueing is paying dues again. Get rekt 7 pubbies I just skipped :smug:

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Skyarb posted:

I recall one game where someone bailed out of a tank, and I had a perfect line of sight to the driver's hatch. I just kept popping people as they tried to get in.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Symetrique posted:

I recall one game where someone bailed out of a tank, and I had a perfect line of sight to the driver's hatch. I just kept popping people as they tried to get in.

Sounds cool and good to me.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Skyarb posted:

Because the only time people bail out of tanks is when they feel like they're about to die and have a chance to survive if they bail, and if that takes 2-3 seconds then nobody will ever do it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
YOU WOULDN’T STEAL A CAR

STEAL THE TANK AS IT DROPS THO

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Insert name here posted:

BF1 tanks were loving valuable and even the average pubby realized that abandoning was the greatest dishonor. That and they tended to be giant clown cars requiring multiple players to operate all the guns so even if the driver bailed there was someone else in it. Exception being the artillery truck OF SHAME but those were the vehicle version hillwookies that never got close enough anyways.

BFV the tanks were cheap trash so it was more no one would dare bring them close enough to the fight to be stolen because that meant getting close enough to get utterly face-wrecked.

The fact that it took 2-3 highly vulnerable seconds to hop out (in view of the enemy team who loved the idea of shooting your rear end) meant you might as well stay in and shoot people since you were gonna die anyways.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
The last computer I built was in 2011 and I built it specifically to play Battlefield 3. That computer is in storage and hasn’t been fired up in a few years. I just looked at what it would cost to build a new high end computer for Battlefield 2042 and ouch…

What are the chances of 2042 running on a 2500k with 8gb ddr3 and a gtx570? Asking for a friend

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Modus Man posted:

The last computer I built was in 2011 and I built it specifically to play Battlefield 3. That computer is in storage and hasn’t been fired up in a few years. I just looked at what it would cost to build a new high end computer for Battlefield 2042 and ouch…

What are the chances of 2042 running on a 2500k with 8gb ddr3 and a gtx570? Asking for a friend

Will it run? Yes. Will it run well? No

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I'm having a difficult time justifying $2600 for a gaming PC capable of running BF2042 well, when I could just spend $600 on an Xbox Series X. I currently have an Xbox One X so it'd be upgrading that.

Will probably end up going the Series X route...

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Inner Light posted:

I'm having a difficult time justifying $2600 for a gaming PC capable of running BF2042 well, when I could just spend $600 on an Xbox Series X. I currently have an Xbox One X so it'd be upgrading that.

Will probably end up going the Series X route...

I've found Frostbite scales incredibly well on low end machines while still looking great, but at the same time its hard to overlook the new consoles considering how stupid PC graphic card prices are right now.

Have they formally announced crossplay between pc/console yet?

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Modus Man posted:

We don't have the recommended specs yet but Call of Duty Warzone lists a GTX 670 and a i3-4340 as min spec. Now that does not always mean that you will be unable to launch the game but there are certain times where games need specific generations of hardware at minimum to run. It almost certainly will not be playable even if it can technically run.

You can blow the dust off and give it a try in the open beta whenever that happens but I'd start saving up if you really want to play and enjoy yourself. They have not announced if has cross-play but either way, I think the newer consoles all support mouse and keyboard if you wanted to play it for cheaper.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I built my computer 2 years ago and I'm p sure if I were to buy the parts it would be as expensive or more today

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

anyone else hear the iphone ringtone @ 2:11 in the gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WomAGoEh-Ss&t=131s

what does it mean

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Too Many Birds posted:

anyone else hear the iphone ringtone @ 2:11 in the gameplay trailer

what does it mean

Xylophones are not given the respect they deserve.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

man it would be nice if youtube just took my search of 'battlefield trailer' and gave me the offical trailer instead of 500 talking head reaction videos or frame by frame analyses by terminally online gamer morons whose opinions i value less than nothing.

is there a plug in or something i can get for my browser to never show me game reviewers or influencers?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Laserface posted:

man it would be nice if youtube just took my search of 'battlefield trailer' and gave me the offical trailer instead of 500 talking head reaction videos or frame by frame analyses by terminally online gamer morons whose opinions i value less than nothing.

is there a plug in or something i can get for my browser to never show me game reviewers or influencers?

the only way to save yourself from the modern influencer-centric internet is to unplug your modem and wander off into the forest never to return to the digital world

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
No matter how good this new battlefield will be, it will not be as good as bad company 2. Nothing compares with hopping around blasting people with the carl gustav or planting a bunch of c4 and blowing up the building. That was the peak battlefield experience. BF2 was really good too. I never played anything past bad company 2, but it looked like the rest of them weren't that great.

Although if anyone has ever played battlefield 1942 the secret weapons of ww2 that loving owned hard. Flying around in a goddamn gyrocopter blowing poo poo up was incredible.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

the only way to save yourself from the modern influencer-centric internet is to unplug your modem and wander off into the forest never to return to the digital world

Preeettty much.

And as tempting as doing that is, it wouldn't make the actual game come any faster sadly.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

sadly youtube also feeds me the ign/other game media channels ahead of the actual official videos also, the recompressed, garbled rear end 30fps ones.

its fuckin annoying that they somehow (read: its ad revenue because MS/EA arent running ads on their channels) take precedent over the official stuff but oh well.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Is there a way to forget Battlefield V and the fact that I ever played it?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WomAGoEh-Ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzOzrB-a9E&t=14s

Gameplay trailer and "movie" trailer, respectively.

Top results.

Something something algorithm based on your own viewing history. Anyway, figured I'd just post them for easy access.

:v:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WomAGoEh-Ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASzOzrB-a9E&t=14s

Gameplay trailer and "movie" trailer, respectively.

Top results.

Something something algorithm based on your own viewing history. Anyway, figured I'd just post them for easy access.

:v:

I've seen em, because i opened them on my phone in my YT account and pulled them from history. maybe YT gives you different results on TV vs. the app.

I dont watch any gaming stuff on youtube besides digital foundry. the only thing I want to watch is official videos from official channels.

the 'gaming' channel on YT on my TV (which i literally never, ever go into, for the above reasons) didnt even list any official video for any of the E3 announcements. it was all reacts and 'what you missed' poo poo.

Knight007au
May 8, 2007

Node posted:

Is there a way to forget Battlefield V and the fact that I ever played it?

Why the Hate for BF:V? I just started playing it as it was released for free with PS -Plus and I am really enjoying it.

I have played all the BF's going back to the first one (1942) on PC and was really surprised how much I love BF:V on PS4 I think it's really good maybe one of the best battlefields.

The only reason I didn't buy it on release for PC like the other battlefields in the past is because of what happened with Battlefront 2 although that game is also really good now I got it for both PS4 and PC for $10.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
My personal problem wit grfx card prices is that playing on console is a no go for me. I always play FPS games on PC because I can't stand the way they feel on a controller. KB/M is just hardwired in my brain. Everything else is fine, but not for a FPS.
I even have a PS5 but just nope, does not compute.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ive played 7 installments of battlefield on pc and i'll be goddamned if i use a console for the next one

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I look forward to replacing my 1080 Ti with a raytracing card in 2029 when used RTX 3080s become available

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'd rather have a bad gunner than no gunner in a tank for example.

Tell me you're bad at armor without telling me you're bad at armor.

Skyarb posted:

More the entry animation preventing stealing a tank.

I grabbed a console, even if 30 series cards never again become available I'll be able to play, assuming crossplay. All my muscle memory is in controllers anyway.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 17, 2021

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Tell me you're bad at armor without telling me you're bad at armor.

More the entry animation preventing stealing a tank.

I grabbed a console, even if 30 series cards never again become available I'll be able to play, assuming crossplay. All my muscle memory is in controllers anyway.

Not sure why that's your first assumption but ok.

I was just saying that there's very little a gunner can mess up for you in a tank beyond alerting people. Unlike the driver tank. Or any driver/pilot, really.

So if an AI soldier could fill that slot, it'd be neat.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 17, 2021

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have a hard time defining what it was about BFV that I disliked. I didn't HATE the game but I got bored of it very quickly and never really had as much fun in it as in previous battlefield games.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

From someone who didn't actually play BFV but watched a bunch of videos about it, most people's problem with the game seem to stem mostly from Dice's broken promises, overall shoddy handling of things like what happened with Firestorm and overall unwanted meddling with the game (such as changing the Time to Kill more than once) more than the actual game.

Although Battlefield staples like spotting apparently being gone might also not help matters?

I've seen some gameplay and... honestly kind of looks more like a much cheaper game too. Almost like a f2p even. Compared to BF4 anyway.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

I have a hard time defining what it was about BFV that I disliked. I didn't HATE the game but I got bored of it very quickly and never really had as much fun in it as in previous battlefield games.

Aside from other things, there were generally too few vehicles on most maps, no transport helicopters, so mobility was limited, a BF game needs air and ground transport options, and also zip vehicles like quads.

Yeah it was WW2, but maybe WW2 just isn't a good setting for a BF game if it limits the vehicle options due to "realism".
They should have gone with cyborg woman or whatever that was and gone full one alternate reality instead of giving in to "gamers".

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm actually really kind of hoping that Hazard Zone is a Tarkov style game now. I like the general gameplay concept of Tarkov but absolutely hate the fiddly janky precision simulation nerd bullshit and generally find the Tarkov community to really suck. Do a game like that with gunplay like Battlefield 4 and I'll play the poo poo out of that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Kazinsal posted:

I'm actually really kind of hoping that Hazard Zone is a Tarkov style game now. I like the general gameplay concept of Tarkov but absolutely hate the fiddly janky precision simulation nerd bullshit and generally find the Tarkov community to really suck. Do a game like that with gunplay like Battlefield 4 and I'll play the poo poo out of that.

I actually didn't know Tarkov existed before someone mentioned it and this is where I'm at too.

In fact, I was wondering if that's exactly why they added bots to the game :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Yami Fenrir posted:

Not sure why that's your first assumption but ok.

I was just saying that there's very little a gunner can mess up for you in a tank beyond alerting people. Unlike the driver tank. Or any driver/pilot, really.

So if an AI soldier could fill that slot, it'd be neat.

In BFV the Allied tank you could call in as a squad reinforcement was the crocodile which had a flamethrower for the third gunner seat. This flamethrower not only had a lovely range but would also obscure most of the vision of the driver in first person view when fired due to its location. So a gunner could just spam the flamethrower ineffectually, not hitting anyone, while drastically reducing the effectiveness of the main gun at the same time.

So yeah, :dice: has already proven they can make having a gunner a detriment.