Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

AKZ posted:

You know a good way to conceal the body afterwards? Big ol chest freezer.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
That can happen if you don’t occasionally rotate the stock in your chest freezer.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Ketchup and mustard pumps were back in my local. No deli mustard, relish or onion dispenser, though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Relish is coming back

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Chinatown posted:

Beef prices have gone up a ton due to a combination of stuff including cyberattacks of all things.

Yeah inflation is a bitch right now but hopefully there should be signs of easing in the fall

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Big ol BEEF FLAPS

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

priznat posted:

Big ol BEEF FLAPS

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Gonna say that User Name bird with a big dick should probably be more familiar with "choice flap meat"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AKZ posted:

You know a good way to conceal the body afterwards? Big ol chest freezer chicken bake.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

AKZ posted:

You know a good way to conceal the body afterwards? Big ol chest freezer.

No. I'm not dumping my hundreds of dollars of Bibigo Bulgogi Giant Mandu in lieu of a gross-rear end body.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with a big freezer

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PSYCH

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Started a new list: people I've run into at Costco. So far I have my neighbor, my good friend, some loose acquaintances, and the guy who calls bingo.

Doing pretty good!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

StormDrain posted:

and the guy who calls bingo.

Doing pretty good!

What was his name-o?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fartington Butts posted:

What was his name-o?

Grant.

Edit: he was eating a hot dog so I knew he is good people.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Beef prices have gone up a ton due to a combination of stuff including cyberattacks of all things.
This is why you should buy organic beef, it's immune to cyberattacks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Gonna say that User Name bird with a big dick should probably be more familiar with "choice flap meat"

It was making me chortle like an idiot especially the photo of the meat. I am a child.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

why the gently caress is choice flap meat 15.99 a pound costco you price gouging bastards

This regularly goes on sale at the local grocery stores for $5 to $6 per lb.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

StormDrain posted:

Started a new list: people I've run into at Costco. So far I have my neighbor, my good friend, some loose acquaintances, and the guy who calls bingo.

Doing pretty good!

I had jury duty a year ago and there was someone in the pool with me that looked so familiar. I then realized the person they were talking to looked super familiar as well. I started chatting with them and found out they both work at the Costco I most frequent. They were good people. I still see them amongst the aisles and wave.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

FogHelmut posted:

This regularly goes on sale at the local grocery stores for $5 to $6 per lb.

Where I'm from that price (the $16/lb) will get you Scotch fillet or better

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

norp posted:

Where I'm from that price (the $16/lb) will get you Scotch fillet or better

I think the prime ribeyes (same as scotch fillet?) are $16 at Costco? I haven't bought them, might be more. Choice usually $11 or $12, iirc. Choice NY Strip is about $9. Choice Tri-tip (california style cut of sirloin) is $10 lb at costco for some reason.

Grocery store will have flap at around $9 regular price. Ribeye and NY Strip get down to $5 on sale, and that's the only time I'll buy them because the Choice steaks at Costco seems to be better than at the grocery stores somehow. Flap isn't worth paying full price because it goes on sale so often around here. And lol at buying tri-tip at Costco, it regularly gets down to $3/lb on sale at most places.

The one thing I will say is that Costco does a much better job at butchering their meat - particularly cleanliness of the cut and fat trimming.

I'll only go for Prime for special occasions.

Chicken is always better quality at Costco for the same price at the grocery store.

And ribs go on sale quite often at the grocery store, but aren't ever worth it compared to Costco. They're anemic and small, and Costco ribs have like double meat, its insane and worth the price.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Last I looked a couple weeks ago the prime ribeyes were $28/lb at my costco.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

That's insane. Just buy a farm and grow your own cows at that point.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Whelp, it finally happened and my Costco now has fewer masks than my Safeway.

Oregoons, the WINIX air purifier is still available. They had a smaller one with double extra filters for $99 a while back. The one they have now is a little bigger and comes with maybe 8 charcoal filters and 2 HEPA filters for just over $100. It's got wifi so you can track when your dog farts and an auto-mode that turns off most of the lights and stuff when it gets dark.

Last year the forest fires were bad and we ran the house central air fan to pump air through the enormous HEPA filter in our furnace intake. Figure this little guy can help with the inevitable fires this August.

Also got some Grillos Pickle spears, which are crisp as gently caress with a tart shot of vinegar to them. I like 'em. Kid saw a piece of onion floating in the tub and has declared them "too oniony" which is a lie, but what is her loss is my gain in daily sodium intake.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm never taking my mask off in stores. Covid be damned I haven't been sick in a year and a half. People can barely drive-- and if the Internet has taught me anything-- bathe; if I'm gonna get sick it's gonna be from my own incel cum dungeon thanks

I did a Costco grocery delivery and it was amazing, def recommend. Made Kenji's pasta sauce and a meatball grinder with that Kirkland 6lb bag of Italian meatballs and it was really great

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

fischtick posted:

Whelp, it finally happened and my Costco now has fewer masks than my Safeway.

Oregoons, the WINIX air purifier is still available. They had a smaller one with double extra filters for $99 a while back. The one they have now is a little bigger and comes with maybe 8 charcoal filters and 2 HEPA filters for just over $100. It's got wifi so you can track when your dog farts and an auto-mode that turns off most of the lights and stuff when it gets dark.

Last year the forest fires were bad and we ran the house central air fan to pump air through the enormous HEPA filter in our furnace intake. Figure this little guy can help with the inevitable fires this August.

Also got some Grillos Pickle spears, which are crisp as gently caress with a tart shot of vinegar to them. I like 'em. Kid saw a piece of onion floating in the tub and has declared them "too oniony" which is a lie, but what is her loss is my gain in daily sodium intake.

Spears you say? We only get the chips but they are so good. I eat the little hunks of garlic that are in the brine too. And all the dill. So good.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Chicken prices at costco are pretty garbage lately.
BSCThighs at Costco is 2.99/LB+, not even boobies.

Meanwhile the bulk package of BSCBoobs at the grocery store is $1-2/lb

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I brought Grillo's pickles to a work event a year ago along with other ingredients for lunchmeat sandwiches and I still get comments to this day about how good "those pickles" were from the non-members.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
You can buy them at Vons/Albertsons for the same price but 3 quarters less in quantity.

Costco is an insane deal. Same applies for the bitchin sauce

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick posted:

why the gently caress is choice flap meat 15.99 a pound costco you price gouging bastards

Not only are meat prices up everywhere but people have learned that other cuts of meat that used to be cheap are actually really good so those prices are going to rise permanently.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

Spears you say? We only get the chips but they are so good. I eat the little hunks of garlic that are in the brine too. And all the dill. So good.

Spears! I'm pretty sure they've had full pickles in a gigantic jar previously. These are in a little sand pail type clear container with a little handle.

Also, I checked at lunch today and there aren't any onions in it! My kid saw the garlic floating (they're really, really white) and mis-diagnosed the pickles as "too oniony." Jokes on her!

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

StormDrain posted:

Are you guys talking about sparkling water or hard seltzer?

Hard seltzer

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

FogHelmut posted:

I think the prime ribeyes (same as scotch fillet?) are $16 at Costco? I haven't bought them, might be more. Choice usually $11 or $12, iirc. Choice NY Strip is about $9. Choice Tri-tip (california style cut of sirloin) is $10 lb at costco for some reason.

Grocery store will have flap at around $9 regular price. Ribeye and NY Strip get down to $5 on sale, and that's the only time I'll buy them because the Choice steaks at Costco seems to be better than at the grocery stores somehow. Flap isn't worth paying full price because it goes on sale so often around here. And lol at buying tri-tip at Costco, it regularly gets down to $3/lb on sale at most places.

The one thing I will say is that Costco does a much better job at butchering their meat - particularly cleanliness of the cut and fat trimming.

I'll only go for Prime for special occasions.

Chicken is always better quality at Costco for the same price at the grocery store.

And ribs go on sale quite often at the grocery store, but aren't ever worth it compared to Costco. They're anemic and small, and Costco ribs have like double meat, its insane and worth the price.

Since I sous vide a ton, the thickness at which Costco cuts is a prime selling point.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
fap meat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:stare:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

I'm interested. What's your technique?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hasselblad posted:

Since I sous vide a ton, the thickness at which Costco cuts is a prime selling point.

Sous vide certainly makes cooking thicker cuts foolproof but also makes not overcooking thinner steaks just as easy, provided you can sear correctly

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

dms666 posted:

Hard seltzer

Kirkland hard seltzer was the absolute worst one I've ever had. I gave a can to my neighbor and let him know he was under no obligation to drink it, and he poured it out.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
So what’s the top tier membership in terms of cash back? We have a membership but want to up our game since we live right next to Costco. Should we get the credit card or do we not have to?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Kirkland hard seltzer tastes worse than Kirkland light beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Kirkland hard seltzer tastes fine, it tastes like hard seltzer. If you don't like the smell, just add some juice or whatever since it tastes like watered down vodka with some added flavorings, just like all the rest