Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Last night I paired some 505 Green Chilies with some of the White Queso and some Pepper Stout Beef I smoked this winter. Used some Keto Friendly Hot Dog buns that I had.

I think the only thing from this meal that was not bought at church was the Onions, Peppers and Stout beer that was in the Pepper Stout Beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

namlosh posted:

So what’s the top tier membership in terms of cash back? We have a membership but want to up our game since we live right next to Costco. Should we get the credit card or do we not have to?

You get a cash voucher for 2% back every year, so you'd need to spend $3,000/yr at Costco to break even. There are some other extra perks with Executive if you use some of their buying programs too.

Also I would highly recommend the credit card.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Even with just 2 people it is real easy to hit that $250/month

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I initially signed up for just the $60 plan but when I got my card the rally nice lady at the counter was like "honestly I recommend upgrading, if you don't hit $120 to break even we just kinda bump it up to that so there's really nothing to lose" and I was like daaaaamn this place really is a house of god

Gonna get the CC after we close on our house, cause I'll fuckin easily get my money's worth for that sucker

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

I initially signed up for just the $60 plan but when I got my card the rally nice lady at the counter was like "honestly I recommend upgrading, if you don't hit $120 to break even we just kinda bump it up to that so there's really nothing to lose" and I was like daaaaamn this place really is a house of god

Gonna get the CC after we close on our house, cause I'll fuckin easily get my money's worth for that sucker

You got played bro.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Even with just 2 people it is real easy to hit that $250/month

Lately I've been hitting $250 per trip.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

You got played bro.

This happened to me when I signed up but it wasn't much hassle to downgrade at all and they did give me the difference. And with the move and all he might profit

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, the thing is most people don't pay enough attention to realize when the exec is worth it.

It's also why we push auto renew

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah that’s why I am getting another tower fan. I didn’t realize how dusty it was and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out a good way to clean it. The grates at the back should be removable IMO

hose that mothafucka off and wait for it to dry. bing bang boom!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fizzymercury posted:

Kirkland hard seltzer tastes worse than Kirkland light beer.

I think it's pretty good for what it is. It gets me drunk and it doesn't have a poo poo after taste, so it's good by me

My Costco is out of the tower fans and I'm big time sad about that

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

:frogon:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DeeplyConcerned posted:

hose that mothafucka off and wait for it to dry. bing bang boom!

I blew mine off with compressed air and it made a cloud of dust that blew down the street.

I may have used it in a room that I did drywall in.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah, the thing is most people don't pay enough attention to realize when the exec is worth it.

It's also why we push auto renew

I'm actually a little confused here, the one year I didn't at least break even the guy at the desk not only gave me the extra five bucks to make it so I did, he was the one that brought it up first.

I assumed that was just Costco being awesome, but I guess not.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

You got played bro.

I'm def gonna make way over it for our first year, if we don't hit it the second and they don't do that oh well, I'll just bump it down

I doubt I got hustled though, but remind me in two years and we'll see :corrupt:

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Barry posted:

Sous vide certainly makes cooking thicker cuts foolproof but also makes not overcooking thinner steaks just as easy, provided you can sear correctly

Well, yeah, but who prefers a thin steak?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm def gonna make way over it for our first year, if we don't hit it the second and they don't do that oh well, I'll just bump it down

I doubt I got hustled though, but remind me in two years and we'll see :corrupt:
Oh you so will lol
If I remember right you haven't been able to shop at Costco before

Ha what's going to happen is you're going to realize how much freaking money you're spending there all the time

And you're going to need to tone it down

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I see you great deals there all the time

I have to stop and ask myself how often will I really use this stainless steel thermos set REALLY

This is after packing the garage with enough poo poo to literally outlast a couple more pandemics

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Grabbed a sack of wine-based jello shots that comes in a little cooler bag. Taking 'em car camping next week. I mean, I'll have my flask, but it's kind of cute -- a bunch of 40-somethings doing jello shots in front of their teenage kids.

They're 12% alcohol by volume.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

fischtick posted:

Grabbed a sack of wine-based jello shots that comes in a little cooler bag. Taking 'em car camping next week. I mean, I'll have my flask, but it's kind of cute -- a bunch of 40-somethings doing jello shots in front of their teenage kids.

I bought the 1000 pack of 1oz portion containers and lids and made jello shots for tailgating for years.

I still have about 500-600 of them.

Fantastic investment. I should fire them back up for bringing to summer parties.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

fischtick posted:

Jesus christ. :rip:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

redreader posted:

I'm interested. What's your technique?

no technique i just feel my way through

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Spinz posted:

Oh you so will lol
If I remember right you haven't been able to shop at Costco before

Ha what's going to happen is you're going to realize how much freaking money you're spending there all the time

And you're going to need to tone it down

Okay this is maybe too accurate :mad:

Lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco run. I picked up that tower fan you guys were talking about. I just set it up and yeah, this is pretty nice. Even the checkout person mentioned that this was a good fan. I also picked up some top sirloins (cut from cap, it was cheaper) that I'm finally going to use my unopened Food Saver for.

Also got communion for the first time in almost a year. :unsmith:

Perfect dog to bun ratio. The bun is just a vessel for the dog.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no onions or relish = hot dog is dead to me

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That White Queso ain't no joke. One of the things we miss since moving to Minnesota from Texas is good queso around every corner. It's good n messy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

no onions or relish = hot dog is dead to me

:smith::hf::smith:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive been getting them still but it sure as poo poo aint the same

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Eat em dry, taste the saline tang

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Last time I went to Costco they had onions and all the sauces for the hotdogs. And the tables in the food court, is it not like this in America?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Last time I went to Costco they had onions and all the sauces for the hotdogs

gently caress

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Last time I went to Costco they had onions and all the sauces for the hotdogs. And the tables in the food court, is it not like this in America?

Was this sometime in 2019?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

We got tables back, but no self serve soda or condiments.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Perfect dog to bun ratio. The bun is just a vessel for the dog.

:worship:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Was this sometime in 2019?

A couple weeks ago.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
With California opened up Costco is allowing people to go maskless if fully vaccinated (honor system) but it seemed like 90% of the customers were still masked so I still wore mine, the tables were available for eating though, nearby Target had the same feeling of nearly everyone masked. It just feels awkward for me not to wear one until a majority of people stop doing it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my current rule of thumb for getting through this awkward phase is if the people working at a place are masked up then ill put mine on.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

fizzymercury posted:

Kirkland hard seltzer tastes worse than Kirkland light beer.

God drat it, of all things, why couldn't KS get a bulk inoffensive ice cold lawn-mowing beer right. The brewer has brought eternal shame to their household and I hope that they have been properly shunned.

So when are they going to get another brewery to do it right? :cheersbird:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Allowed to use the soda fountain but still no condiments as of last saturday at my local church, but i am holding out hope

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I went to Costco this last weekend and they had tables. I didn't look to see if they had condiments.

They never stopped having self serve soft drink fountains at my places here near philly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
I told my wife that right now a Costco dog and soda is probably in my top ten meal options. Just a good dog at a killer price.

I had one yesterday and ate half of my wife’s dog. Condiment dispenser and tables were out. No relish or onions however.

We bought an Ion Pathfinder (?) portable music amp thing for an outdoor event. It was $40 off and decent value but returned it. Not really loud enough. It did have a bottle opener built in which was cool, but cranked up, it didn’t sound super great. Great return policy for Costco though.

They also have Japanese fish-shaped custard/cream filled deserts right now. A common desert shape for street food in Japan/Korea, though the Korean kinds are filled with red bean. We love finding fun stuff like this to give a try.