Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Im still not understanding why you think a squad of engineers should be able to no sweat defeat a squad of decent armor.

Armor is a force multiplier. To overcome a squad of it, you need more help from your team. This is not a bad thing, and is a key way Battlefield is meant to be played.

First off, nobody said anything about "no sweat", tyvm.

And the problem is that it doesn't work in pub games. Not properly, anyway. To restate the point, my problem isn't even necessarily the strength of vehicles, it's the amount of strong vehicles thrown at you.

Which is exactly why you get engineer spam. Because it's not "Oh poo poo, there's a tank!", it's "Oh poo poo, yet another tank."

I've seen this from both sides, really. As a tank or chopper you run into so many engineers that you're scared to play the objective half the time because people legit just rocket you whenever they can, from every angle including right in front of your main cannon. Or as a chopper you just get locked on from 3 different rooftops, the second you get out of your spawn sometimes.

As infantry, it's just incredibly irritating to play something that doesn't have anti-armor tools. I've been wanting to play more Assault, for example, only to often switch to engineer out of frustration because some games it feels like a tank or two rolls up to whatever point you're on every two minutes.

Like yes, it's entirely realistic, but I think the resulting situation conditioned people into something that imo isn't that fun to deal with for both sides of the equation. Vehicles are annoying to deal with and often too numerous, so you get more engineers, which means you need more vehicles/better players, which means you get more engineers, etc.

Like legit, I just want a situation where you see less engineers without actively harming your team. That's the entire end result of the rant. It's downright stressful to fly a chopper, where you get locked on every 3 seconds basically no matter where you are on open maps without cover like skyscrapers, or be a tank on points that have a lot of angles.

But eh, I'mma just stop ranting about it since it's not like BF4 will get changed anymore anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Downloaded battlefield 4 again, are you goons gonna be playing this game?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Al-Saqr posted:

Battlefield 4 or Battlefield 2042?

Yes.

:P

I may or may not be playing BF4 specifically because of hype for 2042 to shake off the rust.

Mostly just playing pubbie games though.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

priznat posted:

A small, fast, impossibly hard to hit drone that just flies overhead and plays one of a selection of tunes to irritate and confuse.

“Tiptoe through the tulips” on blast

You just made me feel all happy and fuzzy.

It also needs to shoot pellets that do .5 points of damage.

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weapons confirmed so far:

Assult Rifles
- M5A3 (SIG Sauer MCX Spear)
- AK-24 (AK-12)
- 4V9 (DDM4V7)
- Colt M5 Enhanced Carbine
- FN SCAR-H CQC

SMGs
- PBX-9 (LWRC SMG 45)
- K30 (KRISS Vector)

LMGs
- PKP Pecheneg
- LCMG (KAC LAMG)

Shotguns
- Remington M870

Marksman Rifles
- Chukavin SVCh
- DSR-1 Precision
- TG-24 (Sako TRG)

Handguns
- G57 (Glock 19 Gen 4)
- M44 (Taurus M44)

Launchers
- Carl Gustaf M4 Recoilless Rifle
- FN40GL

What other weapons do you guys want to see added?
I just need an AN-94 and a SKS and I'll be set. Oh, and maybe an AS-VAL or VSS Vintorez would be cool to see again.

Fishy Flip fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 17, 2021

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Underslung grenade launcher that shoots beehive rounds that happen to do the same bullet damage as the gun it's attached to.

Edit: or maybe I'm forgetting if it was actually an underslung shotgun? Whatever attachment that made the G3 in BF3 a onehit kill because it fired a cloud of rifle bullets.

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 17, 2021

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

moot the hopple posted:

Underslung grenade launcher that shoots beehive rounds that happen to do the same bullet damage as the gun it's attached to.

Edit: or maybe I'm forgetting if it was actually an underslung shotgun? Whatever attachment that made the G3 in BF3 a onehit kill because it fired a cloud of rifle bullets.

G3 rifle, heavy barrel (this is what caused the glitch), underslung MASS shotgun oh baby that was so much fun while it lasted

e: ooh also usas-12 with explosive rounds and IR scope

Martout fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 17, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

moot the hopple posted:

It was the underslung shotgun, M26 Dart, Heavy Barrel and any assault rifle but worked especially well on the G3A3

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Give me the BC 2 release variant of the M60 cowards

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Retarded Goatee posted:

Give me the BC 2 release variant of the Carl Gustav cowards

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

The AUG with a glitched underslung smoke launcher turned into a railgun too, I think that was shortly after the Close Quarters DLC. The smoke round had no ballistics drop and it killed instantly.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Martout posted:

G3 rifle, heavy barrel (this is what caused the glitch), underslung MASS shotgun oh baby that was so much fun while it lasted

e: ooh also usas-12 with explosive rounds and IR scope

The funny thing was that I had innocently stumbled onto that configuration before it was widely known at the time simply because I wanted a backup weapon to quickly swap over to once my lower mag capacity G3 ran dry. Then I saw I was absolutely flooring anyone I could draw a bead on with the MASS and just used that as a primary weapon lmao

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Space Jam posted:

The AUG with a glitched underslung smoke launcher turned into a railgun too, I think that was shortly after the Close Quarters DLC. The smoke round had no ballistics drop and it killed instantly.

And it was glorious. Sniping people with the underslung grenade was so, so much fun.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Fishy Flip posted:

AS-VAL or VSS Vintorez

yessss i absolutely loved the vss in bc2

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I just hope they beef up LMG's, they've pretty much always felts kinda pathetic compared to every other category of gun both in accuracy and damage, like in BF4 once I unlocked the shotgun for Support I completely stopped bothering with the machine guns cause while the former are much shorter ranged at least I can somewhat consistently get kills with them unlike the latter where sometimes I'll unload an entire ammo box into someone and have done maybe 20 damage before they turn around and kill me with like 2 bullets from an SMG

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Like legit, I just want a situation where you see less engineers without actively harming your team. That's the entire end result of the rant. It's downright stressful to fly a chopper, where you get locked on every 3 seconds basically no matter where you are on open maps without cover like skyscrapers, or be a tank on points that have a lot of angles.

But eh, I'mma just stop ranting about it since it's not like BF4 will get changed anymore anyway.

Yeah, that'd be nice. Ideally every class would have access to at least bother vehicles so they don't feel helpless, yet at the same time that's a very fine line to walk before you end up making vehicles feel overwhelmed. They seem to have tried to go that way in BF4 what with giving C4 to both Support and Recon, as well as the various laser marking tools for Recon. Trouble was that neither of those are much help when there is a tank in your face right now, and the latter only seems to work once in a blue moon anyway.

In BF1 that actually seemed to work a little better. You could put a bit of a dent into tanks even just with regular grenades, tanks being less agile meant you had better odds with detpacks, and all around it felt more possible to evade them. Being able to damage planes with regular old guns also felt nice. In both cases it's rarely something that will actually destroy the vehicle, but it gave the player the feeling that they could do at least something, and it made it less tenable for vehicles to just loiter with impunity until the rocket launchers show up.

Then in BFV they just said "gently caress it" and gave long-ranged powerful AT weapons to the class that is already best at killing infantry :v:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Battlefield 4 or Battlefield 2042?

Yes.

:P

I may or may not be playing BF4 specifically because of hype for 2042 to shake off the rust.

Mostly just playing pubbie games though.

Battlefield 4 I’m just playing it to get used to a battlefield game again

HawaiinYeti
Mar 12, 2005

All right, all right. Knock it off. We tried. Whatever.
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

I hadn't played a Battlefield game since early/mid 3 and picked up 4 on PC via Gamepass when 2042 was teased just to see what I missed.

It's good! The only problem is the that high cap server queues can get pretty deep lately and it seems like everything is Conquest Large and none of the other modes that seem cool. Why does no one play the other modes like Carrier Assault or Obliteration?

Is there any appetite for a goon dedicated server?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Played Battlefield 4 for the first time last night, Shanghai map. Took an elevator to the top of a skyscraper with a massive fire fight going on which was really cool. Jumped off the skyscraper (as one does) and landed next to an enemy tank with the engineer trying to repair it. Quickly killed the engineer, stole the tank, drove a bit, and got blow up by....something.

A+ experience and, personally, way more fun than the previous entries (1/V) which were not really my thing. Can't wait for 2045.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fishy Flip posted:

Assult Rifles
- AK-24 (AK-12)
- 4V9 (DDM4V7)
- FN SCAR-H CQC

SMGs
- PBX-9 (LWRC SMG 45)
- K30 (KRISS Vector)

LMGs
- PKP Pecheneg
- LCMG (KAC LAMG)

Shotguns
- Remington M870

Marksman Rifles
- Chukavin SVCh
- DSR-1 Precision
- TG-24 (Sako TRG)

Handguns
- G57 (Glock 19 Gen 4)
- M44 (Taurus M44)

Launchers
- FN40GL

I just need an AN-94 and a SKS and I'll be set. Oh, and maybe an AS-VAL or VSS Vintorez would be cool to see again.

Add a couple future-weapons from BF2142, like an early Baur or Ganz, as a nod forward to 2142.

I'd say Krylov but you'd need future tech to not have a gun with that many parts immediately fall to pieces on the battlefield.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 17, 2021

Turbo Poggs
Jan 6, 2013
I loved BF: Vietnam and Bad Company 2 in the Olde Days & just grabbed BF4 off Twitch Prime last night to get pumped for 2042. I am mostly warm garbage, but I enjoy tossing medpacks at my fellow soldiers. Pretty excited to see how 2042 plays, glad it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fishy Flip posted:

Assult Rifles
- AK-24 (AK-12)
- 4V9 (DDM4V7)
- FN SCAR-H CQC

SMGs
- PBX-9 (LWRC SMG 45)
- K30 (KRISS Vector)

LMGs
- PKP Pecheneg
- LCMG (KAC LAMG)

Shotguns
- Remington M870

Marksman Rifles
- Chukavin SVCh
- DSR-1 Precision
- TG-24 (Sako TRG)

Handguns
- G57 (Glock 19 Gen 4)
- M44 (Taurus M44)

Launchers
- FN40GL

M249, Win1894, Famas, M14, P90, some kind of semi auto shotty doesnt matter what kind, Bizon, Remington 700, Tavor

I’d also like some eccentric nonsense like bleeding edge guns and milsurp as long as they don’t go overboard.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Retarded Goatee posted:

Give me the BC 2 release variant of the M60 cowards

You are like little baby.. give me BF:Vietnam release M60/LAW kit :blastu:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Propaganda Hour posted:

And it was glorious. Sniping people with the underslung grenade was so, so much fun.

It's the only time I've really done sniping in battlefield, just nailing fuckers with a delightful cloud of smoke that pops up afterwards.

The world's dumbest slug shotgun basically.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Playing music out of your vehicle in BF Vietnam was probably the best thing about the whole game

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Blue Raider posted:

M249, Win1894, Famas, M14, P90, some kind of semi auto shotty doesnt matter what kind, Bizon, Remington 700, Tavor

I’d also like some eccentric nonsense like bleeding edge guns and milsurp as long as they don’t go overboard.
Bring back the battle-pickup Railgun from Final Stand

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Insert name here posted:

Bring back the battle-pickup Railgun from Final Stand pre-nerf Martini-Henry.

:colbert:

I almost preordered BF6 today, and then remembered the last time :dice: poo poo in my mouth and told me it’s full of fiber.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Insert name here posted:

Bring back the battle-pickup Railgun from Final Stand

Final Stand was fun. I loved playing the hovertank again.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Fishy Flip posted:

Yeah I'd like an M39 EMR or something, then I'd like a bunch of guns that are blueprints right now irl. I know they're not going sci-fi, but it'd be fun to have weapons with functions or attachments that are in the proof-of-concept stage in real life and do gimmicky poo poo that makes them useless for an actual military but fun for a video game.

More Grappling Hooks and Bigdogs, less ~extended magazine increases time to switch to this weapon~ type crap.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If the maps allow for ridiculously short range SMGs at all I want my MPK from BF3 back.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Nitevision posted:

You are like little baby.. give me BF:Vietnam release M60/LAW kit :blastu:

The full auto M60 sniper rifle, I forgot about that.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

There needs to be at least one caseless weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKcvM2Hh4g

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Alkydere posted:

There needs to be at least one caseless weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKcvM2Hh4g

This is amazing to experience in the VR game “horseshoes hand grenades and hotdogs” or whatever. It has this bizarre winder thing to load it, it’s awesome how weird it is.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

priznat posted:

This is amazing to experience in the VR game “horseshoes hand grenades and hotdogs” or whatever. It has this bizarre winder thing to load it, it’s awesome how weird it is.

Still the best intro to VR there is. If you can’t have fun with H3 you aren’t alive.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Since DICE seems alright with a bunch of AR-15 platform rifles in it I’ll take a .50 Beowulf with the doofy spacegun looking Hera Arms CQR furniture on it.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
If we're getting the G11 we need the XM29 too.

Straight up one of the biggest, dumbest guns ever designed.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Space Jam posted:

The full auto M60 sniper rifle, I forgot about that.

Don't forget about the rendering players at distance bug either, so you had T-posing GIs emerging from the forest to long range MG snipe everyone while Bird Is The Word plays in the distance.

A+ game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MrYenko posted:

Still the best intro to VR there is. If you can’t have fun with H3 you aren’t alive.

Yeah it rules although I really wish it supported multiplayer so your friends could just hang out shooting weird pimped out guns. Lone developer though so it’s good he limits the scope and absolutely nails what he sets out to do!

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

My hot take is Battlefield was better back in the refractor engine days which allowed for some really silly, over the top jank.

Moving to Frostbite was a mistake. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

They’ve added a bunch of new physics poo poo. It’s definitely going to contain some hilarious jank.