Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bring back manual saving in multiple slots, christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bring back manual saving in multiple slots, christ

Not an empty quote, do this, your save systems are not perfect, let my save paranoia reign if you're just gonna crash on me instead post-certification.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 18, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

no joke i like manual saving

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah when I clicked save in TLOU and it brought up the PS3 save box I did smile at my old friend.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

no joke i like manual saving

I like both.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

VideoGames posted:

Yeah when I clicked save in TLOU and it brought up the PS3 save box I did smile at my old friend.

Disgaea 1 has some PS2-era save/load functionality

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Analytic Engine posted:

Disgaea 1 has some PS2-era save/load functionality

It is a PS2 game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imhotep posted:

yeah, i was gonna say a lot of what he already said in the first clip that esco posted, but he does truly love video games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xyESwuibw

The Game Awards already has more legitimacy than the contemporary Oscars in my book simply for acknowledging Sekiro. And you can really see the gears turning in Geoff's head when he talks about what he wants to do with Summer Games Fest, being a product of E3 culture, the dude wants to immortalize the 'E3' cultural mindspace (announcements, trailers, industry news, dev outreach in summer) in a way that will live on even if live expo culture dies forever. I can easily see a future where SGF outright becomes E3, which I'm sure is Geoff's wet dream.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am starting TLOUII tonight and originally I was thinking FFVIIremake after I finished that but it occured to me that FFVIIremake is potentially a long game and potentially TLOUII will take me twice as long as TLOU and as such I wanted to do a bit of a shorter one.

I am thinking maybe the Outer Wilds.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

VideoGames posted:

It'll be a better stream.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I am starting TLOUII tonight and originally I was thinking FFVIIremake after I finished that but it occured to me that FFVIIremake is potentially a long game and potentially TLOUII will take me twice as long as TLOU and as such I wanted to do a bit of a shorter one.

I approve of this message

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely down for that.

e: no “the” though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Game Awards already has more legitimacy than the contemporary Oscars in my book simply for acknowledging Sekiro. And you can really see the gears turning in Geoff's head when he talks about what he wants to do with Summer Games Fest, being a product of E3 culture, the dude wants to immortalize the 'E3' cultural mindspace (announcements, trailers, industry news, dev outreach in summer) in a way that will live on even if live expo culture dies forever. I can easily see a future where SGF outright becomes E3, which I'm sure is Geoff's wet dream.

I mean SGF was the best part of this E3

VideoGames posted:

Hmmm play Bloodborne again

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I mean SGF was the best part of this E3

Indeed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fix posted:

:prepop:

fridge corn posted:

I approve of this message

:thumbs:

Escobarbarian posted:

Absolutely down for that.

e: no “the” though

:thumbs: and whoops! I always get the urge to put The in front of it. So weird.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

I think the moment Geoff went from a silly meme to respectable to me was around the time Sekiro won the GotY and I was like oh drat, these awards aren't just seemingly *alll* about the money, if Sekiro can win the most important award. Then I saw that clip in the Noclip documentary shortly after.

VideoGames posted:

Fix posted:

^^^

Watching Joseph Anderson's stream of Outer Wilds was one of the most entertaining streams I've seen, (aside from your Soulsborne/TLG streams), but yeah, that game has such good streamability. There's just so much potential for wild poo poo to happen, plus, with like Regy and the usual crowd watching, I think it will help you appreciate the game that much more.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Remake and 2LOU are about the same length, if that tells you anything.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I only played for a few hours, but so far Rift Apart feels like a return to form.

I've got some momentum in Cyberpunk now (which is saying a lot, me and sandbox games) so I should start clearing things up.

Yay, glad you're not totally hating it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
One good thing in Ratchet and Robot is to set one of your directional buttons to go into slow-motion from the accessibility options. Not so much to help with gameplay, but slowing down all the chaos for a few seconds here and there really shows off the amazing animations. In the swamp place, i kept doing it when shooting the fat flying bugs. Watching them swell up and pop at 50% speed was so satisfying. Also when I bring the hammer down on a large pile of crates to see all the nuts and bolts swirl.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I only played for a few hours, but so far Rift Apart feels like a return to form.

Yay, glad you're not totally hating it.

I actually really like what it's doing now that I've found ways of ignoring the fluff. I turned off the mini-map, I run or slow-travel just about everywhere, I completely ignore weapon customization and just use what's on hand, I don't allocate points until I need to open/break/hack something above my level, and I do my best to stealth and scan a lot. The main missions/conversations so far have been fun/well-written and I've mostly been ignoring side missions, while the most annoying poo poo by far is usually tv personalities during load screens, etc. I just had sex with a few people on the street, I've hijacked 1 car for expediency, and I avoid most fights.

Game is pretty good, and I appreciate the story they're telling. I think it would've been easier to get into if the game wasn't trying to chase every major design trend and be everything to everybody, but at the moment I'm kind of astounded that such a small team made this messy, intricate thing.

I am glad I waited to play until it had been patched like 4 times tho.

edit; i guess i'm trying to mea culpa a bit and say i like the direction they took in development. it still feels like a mixed bag of design philosophies smashed together, but i'm glad it didn't end up in third-person, even if the shooting is overemphasized and rather boring.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 18, 2021

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The game utilizes adaptive triggers quite well. Not at all gimmicky. First game (that I've played) I feel I can say that about. E:ratchet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I actually really like what it's doing now that I've found ways of ignoring the fluff. I turned off the mini-map, I run or slow-travel just about everywhere

Yeah I loved just exploring the city

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Wicked! Outer Wilds it is. :) And if TLOUII is as long as FFVIIremake then either TLOUII is longer than I thought it would be or FFVIIRemake is shorter.

And yeah I loved exploring night city with my double jump and stealthing and constant hacking of stuff. I had a really great time with Cyberpunk, but played on PC and had no crashes or issues. I had the fabled perfect system/install.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
TLOU2 took me about 30 hours both times I played it. FF7R took me 34 hours the first time and 27 hours the second time when I was sprinting through areas more.

This is all on the easiest modes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Really excited for veegs first journey to [outer wilds] dark bramble

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hmmm. An example of how slow I am offstream, I got to the start of chapter 7 on my PS4 playthrough of FFVIIremake and it took me about 28 hours to get there. On easy. Though I was carefully exploring and did the sidequests I could find.

Also when it comes to Outer Wilds I have a little bit of experience. Got it for the PS4 first, but realised it was an FPS and struggled to control my character very well. Then got it for PC instead, but my pc is too powerful and so even with a gsync monitor and an RTX 2070 the game is jerky and stutters. So I did not play it. Ended up trying anyway and made my way into the game world, landed on the moon eventually and visited a watery world and that was it. I put it down because controlling it was just as bad as on console.

At least if I play on PS5 then I have you guys to laugh with me at my poor FPS aiming (think polygon doom review). :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BP I’m glad you’re enjoying Cyberpunk! I need to commit to that and stop waiting for the current gen version to exist (lol). I really enjoy what’s there.

I can’t stop playing FF7R though. I’m hooked :swoon:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did all the sidequests in FF7R both times haha. But there’s some extra stuff in later chapters I didn’t do the second time the colosseum and whatever

Also hooray BP!!!!! Cyberpunk is very good

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Got my PS5 but it's making an audible buzzing/whirring sound when it's on & louder when playing games, is this normal? I assumed it was meant to be whisper quiet?

MZ fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jun 18, 2021

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve done everything afaik and just hit chapter 8 in 7R at about 9 hours VG how do you do it? Honestly it’s impressive, I rush things far too often. I should slow down a bit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I’m legit baffled about what you even would have been doing for that long haha

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ve done everything afaik and just hit chapter 8 in 7R at about 9 hours VG how do you do it? Honestly it’s impressive, I rush things far too often. I should slow down a bit.

No idea! Lady VG gets annoyed when I play games off stream because I take my time and run around. For example my cyberpunk playthrough I am at 80 hours and have only just done the first three missions of act 2. I have a save file in skyrim of 300 hours with only the south east of the map explored.

However, put me on stream and I blitz through games. My demons souls run took me 17 hours. TLOU was I think 14 hours and 33 seconds? It was definitely under 18. It is like there are two game players inside me. One who knows what to do and lets the other one babble to you guys. Whereas the slow babbler is in control when it is just me by my lonesome and the super competent dude is just chilling somewhere else.

Then again, now that I think about it, the FFVIIremake and cyberpunk and skyrim saves were all before I started streaming Dark Souls 1 earlier in the year....actually yeah. My odyssey save is at around 12 hours and I am five sections deep....Souls changed me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The game awards are less bad than the Oscars, but that is such a low bar to clear it's like saying having diarrhea is better than being super constipated.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am so pumped for the stream tonight. I won’t be around much for the first hour but then my dad will be distracted by football and won’t care when I run off to watch Veeg.

Also, the only awards shows worse than the Oscars are the Golden Globes and the Grammys imo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ugh I kinda want to give the game another chance when that happens but I don't want to be even more let down about not liking it hmmmmm!

play it on the lowest difficulty, trust me. its still a challenge, not a cake walk, anda you can gently caress up and get through it okay, its just way more forgiving and you can play it like doom 2016 pretty much. bosses still suck tho, not much you can do about that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I am so pumped for the stream tonight. I won’t be around much for the first hour but then my dad will be distracted by football and won’t care when I run off to watch Veeg.

:3:

Also should I play 2LOU on hard as well? It was a good difficulty for TLOU and the DLC. Tricky in places but how I would feel it would be in real life with little ammo and materials.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Also, the only awards shows worse than the Oscars are the Golden Globes and the Grammys imo

I will have the football on the telly and veeg on my phone. Or maybe I should put veeg on the telly and watch the footy on my phone?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1405597236759646210?s=21

Dude’s practically giggling. He must be terrible at poker

its loving real omgggggggggg

too much poo poo doesnt add up. the evidence is overwhelming. the kojima ruse cruise in full swing.

:pray:

edit:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 18, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

BP I’m glad you’re enjoying Cyberpunk! I need to commit to that and stop waiting for the current gen version to exist (lol). I really enjoy what’s there.

Cyberpunk will never be the game people were hoping it would be, regardless of if you wait till 2022 or 2077 or whenever the PS5 version comes out. It's still most likely not going to be that. But if you can engage with it as a game that hosed up royally and get past the many (substantial) flaws , it has more interesting poo poo going on than most open world games that aren't a train wreck.

I'd play hosed up Cyberpunk any day over some hypothetical polished Assassins creed game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Vikar Jerome posted:

its loving real omgggggggggg

too much poo poo doesnt add up. the evidence is overwhelming. the kojima ruse cruise in full swing.

Wait I’m confused what is he hinting at?