Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Kazinsal posted:

They’ve added a bunch of new physics poo poo. It’s definitely going to contain some hilarious jank.
Speaking of new physics poo poo, tank treads actually deform to properly roll over stuff when you drive over a car or something.

Which is nice because i seem to get stuck on EVERYTHING in Bf4. I have a talent for it, to the point my main gaming buddy is mocking me for it.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I jumped into an MAA on Firestorm a day or so ago and like 5 minutes into the round I managed to permanently jam it under one of those small pipe loops. Good times.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

We probably have enough PC BF4 goons again now that we could do some pretty rad multi squad poo poo in a game again if we have a discord.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Speaking of new physics poo poo, tank treads actually deform to properly roll over stuff when you drive over a car or something.
They've actually done this since BC2, though the effect got notably less pronounced in BF3/4.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Insert name here posted:

They've actually done this since BC2, though the effect got notably less pronounced in BF3/4.

Oh really? I must have forgotten (thud), because (thud) I (thud) run into (CRASH) every goddamn object I find and usually DON'T go over them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Give me the Martini Henry you cowards.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

include the Thompson, Ghost Dad Challenge must live again

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It's almost midnight on the west coast and there are two dozen full 64-player conquest large servers with queues in NA. I missed this game so much.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everybody asking for old weapons back and not the BC2 870 with slugs

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bring back Noshahr canals TDM with the M5K or the slug SPAS-12 :colbert:

And the entire Close Quarters expansion. It was really fun to lay out C4 on a point and wait for the enemy clapping alert.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Guillermus posted:

Bring back Noshahr canals TDM with the M5K or the slug SPAS-12 :colbert:

And the entire Close Quarters expansion. It was really fun to lay out C4 on a point and wait for the enemy clapping alert.

:same:

That exact map in TDM was my go-to weapon grind farm. You had spots where pretty much every weapon was good.

I honestly miss a lot of the BF3 maps a lot. Except Metro. So obviously that's the one that got ported to BF4.

:negative:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm one of those assholes who really likes to use rifles in semi-auto because I appreciate good marksmanship.

Of course, this tends to get my rear end killed a lot due to spawning in with an M16 on semi auto on top of a squadmate who then immediately gets murked by the guy rounding the corner with a P90 leaving me trying to click the enemy's head faster than he can just hold the mouse button in my general direction, so y'know

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wait am I the only one who regularly uses two-three bullet burst mode in his assault rifles? Everyone is either semi auto or full

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Al-Saqr posted:

Wait am I the only one who regularly uses two-three bullet burst mode in his assault rifles? Everyone is either semi auto or full

I generally manually burst fire instead of using the burst fire mode. It's far too easy to lose a fight because you went around a corner and then got stuck burst firing because there's suddenly a guy in front of you.

I mained the AN-94 in BC2, actually, but didn't like how the weapon worked in BF3 for some reason I don't quite remember.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Oh really? I must have forgotten (thud), because (thud) I (thud) run into (CRASH) every goddamn object I find and usually DON'T go over them.

Just remember: The Bollard Wins.

The Bollard ALWAYS Wins.

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1404537085449715716

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

We probably have enough PC BF4 goons again now that we could do some pretty rad multi squad poo poo in a game again if we have a discord.

I will quarterback this poo poo but I haven't succeeded in getting anyone onboard yet. People still playing fuckin warzone.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Just discovered that vehicles have a boost button in bf4. This is a revolution in c4 jeep strategy.

Thinking about getting the discounted premium, but the thought of going through the incredibly tedious unlock grind is off putting.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BigglesSWE posted:

Give me the Martini Henry you cowards.

:hmmyes:

That thing was just loving satisfying pre-nerf, between the sound and smoke, even better if you got BF1’s great headshot sound out of it.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Kazinsal posted:

I'm one of those assholes who really likes to use rifles in semi-auto because I appreciate good marksmanship.

Of course, this tends to get my rear end killed a lot due to spawning in with an M16 on semi auto on top of a squadmate who then immediately gets murked by the guy rounding the corner with a P90 leaving me trying to click the enemy's head faster than he can just hold the mouse button in my general direction, so y'know

I am also a fellow marksman rear end in a top hat! I play the same way and even if I'm not at the top of the scoreboard, I still try to tactical maneuver some poo poo for my team.

It may be bias from BF 1, but I found that pistol ability is detrimental with this play-style. It doesn't happen all the time, but on occasion I can pop some dude first if I can quickly switch to my sidearm and hammer on the fire button. On occasion it helps to have it out, over your primary, in preparation for an engagement. Ultimately, it depends on the number of opponents in your direct proximity. Definitely on a "per-use" basis. Sometimes, with some patience and skill, midrange kills can also be possible. I am far from the best, but I always try to use my pistols.

Also, I agree with that one poster. Bring back the Martini.

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

I will quarterback this poo poo but I haven't succeeded in getting anyone onboard yet. People still playing fuckin warzone.

I'm down for this, and I know I saw a few people recently in this thread express interest in BF4 goon squads. I dunno I think there's enough interest to get a little something together maybe.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

codo27 posted:

I would be down for this but I have very bizzare hours and can't stop playing Chivalry II.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tell me which server to favorite on PS4 and I'll be there

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah, I'm down for this!

I don't have comms, but I try not to die and head for a point when instructed.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
I'll probably be playing BF4 this evening.

Even if half of these servers are running the fake player scripts, seeing 50+ full or near full NA Conquest Large servers at 11AM central is breaking my brain a bit

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The thing about semi auto, non-sniper rifles in BF is that you have to keep the recoil fairly low because they’ll either be too anemic at long distance to make a difference or get poo poo on at medium/close range by full auto fire.

The M1907 SL in BF1 was perfectly balanced to this.

E: I remember hearing some of my friends bounce off of BF1 because of how odd the guns were. I kind of understand that even if I don't agree. I'm a gun nerd, and I'd never heard of the vast majority of them. I had to look up the M1907 just to make this post; I wouldn't have remembered what it was called in a million years. The weird names and the variants were hard as hell to keep straight.

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 18, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jisforjosh posted:

I'll probably be playing BF4 this evening.

Even if half of these servers are running the fake player scripts, seeing 50+ full or near full NA Conquest Large servers at 11AM central is breaking my brain a bit

I think I got banned from one because I picked up the usas-12

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

I think a vast majority of the weapons in BF1 were sourced from the Forgotten Weapons youtube channel.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

God starting out again at rank 1 with nothin in bf4 sucks so bad

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Space Jam posted:

I think a vast majority of the weapons in BF1 were sourced from the Forgotten Weapons youtube channel.

I think Ian McCollum even said he worked with them in some minor capacity

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fuligin posted:

God starting out again at rank 1 with nothin in bf4 sucks so bad

It is amazing how bad the default weapons for the Support and Engineer are

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
I can't do anywhere this well but drat I forgot just how FAST BF4 was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NvOjxx8Sf4

drrockso20 posted:

It is amazing how bad the default weapons for the Support and Engineer are
At least the first couple Carbines are good, but the problem is you have to play a whole bunch of engineer to get there.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm down af for this. Just re-downloaded BF4 the other day. Hoo-boy am I bad at this now. PSN is dog_nougat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hate having to unlock so many weapons, especially nowadays when I have way less time for games. It's gonna take me months to get certain stuff

Months!

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I’m such trash at Battlefield 4 especially since I seem to be on servers full of regulars who have played the game non stop for 6+ years with 40-5 K/D ratios.

But every now and then I get a great moment like sneaking up on a squad and unloading my level 1 carbine into them (because I haven’t unlocked anything yet) and taking them all out and getting a bunch of “what the fucks” in the chat.

That said, I forgot how annoying helicopters can be especially when a team is dominating and you are just getting rocket-sniped by the whirly bird of death.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

People in helos suck a lot less than they used to. I think I probably fired off two dozen stingers in a match on Paracel Storm last night and didn't hit a fuckin thing.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kazinsal posted:

People in helos suck a lot less than they used to. I think I probably fired off two dozen stingers in a match on Paracel Storm last night and didn't hit a fuckin thing.
As someone who primarily played as a Stinger engineer since BF4's launch let me assure you that that's just standard Stinger behavior, especially if you're launching from max range.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
They also nerfed anti air gadgets at some point....

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Zzulu posted:

I hate having to unlock so many weapons, especially nowadays when I have way less time for games. It's gonna take me months to get certain stuff

Months!

You mean you don't want to play through the entirety of BF4's world beating campaign to unlock the P90?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pdH4YFqYuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

SpartanIvy posted:

I think Ian McCollum even said he worked with them in some minor capacity

He wrote the weapon descriptions that are in the game