Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

StarkRavingMad posted:

Hunter: Call of the Wild and all its DLC are on deep discount this weekend, including a bundle with the game and all DLC at 70% off. This is the game that a lot of people really like and think it's a cool wandering around in nature game even if I'm not like way into hunting, right? Like, I'm not opposing to hunting as a mechanic, I'm just not someone who is going to know a lot about it or really want to learn the deep ins and outs of real hunting. But I'm tempted to get it at this discount since I think I remember a lot of positive reviews.

I am generally one of those against any game that sells a base game and tons of DLC, but I have enjoyed my time in Hunter:CotW a lot.
Buy the extra maps and maybe the tents/blinds/atv/maybe a weapon pack.
And you will enjoy it, if a hunter game could be your style.
Just do some youtubing on the weapon packs and DLC to find out which ones you might like, there should be a video review for each.
I never even bought a weapon pack and was happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Communist Bear posted:

Somebody help me here because the pandemic has made time a blur.

Wasn't the first festival way back at the start of 2020? And Chinatown Detective Agency is still not fully released?

:thunk:
It was pretty early in development when they put that demo out. It's really not that weird at all. There were indie games announced at E3 that won't be released until 2023.

I'll post another demo trip report in a little bit. I've played Sable and Lake and I'm trying Haven Park at the moment.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

if you asked me about the projects i had open at the start of 2020 and where I am with them in June 2021, well

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I've been playing Wildermyth, and while discovering the various events and storylines is really fun, the combat feels very tedious. It's too simple and straightforward, and I haven't really had a reason to do anything interesting. I imagine the same criticism can be leveled at something like X-Com, but at least X-Com had more interesting enemies, even in the early stages of the game. That being said, I'm only near the end of the first campaign, so maybe the game and enemy variety open up after the "newbie" campaign.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

if you asked me about the projects i had open at the start of 2020 and where I am with them in June 2021, well

Hah yeah I guess so, all fairness to them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alright, demo day 3 continued:

Sable
It's the one everyone knows! Actually, had no glitches on my end... although I think the dev needs to add some sort of extra oomph to the climbing when Sable reaches the top, because on some mounds she would get to the top and then slip down a bit before getting up again. Interface could use a little more polish, even if they're going for minimalist, just some better transitions and pop-ups would be useful. I collected 'chum eggs' and it wasn't indicated if I could do anything with them in the demo or not. It's nice that they at least give you a nice little region to explore in the demo without telling you "NO YOU CAN'T GO THERE". And the map outside of the demo region looks decently big, like 12-15ish hours big. I spent 69 (nice) minutes in the demo region but could've spent longer exploring every little nook and cranny. The main thing that I'm, and I think a lot of people are, wondering is.... what will the general game structure be once you leave your camp/family? It is framed as sort of a rite of passage/pilgrimage but not one with a defined destination or end goal. I am wondering if I will get more tools in my arsenal besides the glide bubble and the speeder bike, or will that be it? I guess I'll check reviews to see in September.

Lake
Okay.. the voice acting doesn't get much better than the narration from the E3 trailers. By that I mean it is definitely "radio commercial" style voice acting, where people act as if they're not going to be seen, so there's a lot of extra emphasis on words and sentence structure. It's a bit awkward. The other awkward thing is that you walk very slowly, and your 'sprint' is just a less slow walk. I thought Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was slow to move around in, but holy crap. I get it, this is a relaxing game.. but I like to run around in relaxing games! Don't deny me this!

Haven Park
This is a cute little game with a pretty low budget that could use extra polish, but I like what it has. You are taking over the park from your grandpa and it's up to you to forage for supplies, find and build up campsites to increase visitors, and repair the park, as much of it has fallen apart. Building the campsite is as simple as.. build a campfire, someone visits, make them a tent. Then add a food place, an activity, decorations, etc, and more visitors will come in. It's a little limited in what you can build although you can place stuff within the campsite wherever you feel and angle it how you want. I say the game is low budget because it is.. no voice acting, sound design is poor, and dialog is just little text boxes above characters' heads. I'm not sure if characters will have unique quests for you to do or not. My guess is yes, as doing things in the game gives you experience points, and you do get skill points when you level up which you can use to buy perks (I got a perk that widens the camera so I could see more, but you can also improve your harvesting abilities). Seems like it'll be a cute like A Short Hike kind of experience as long as it's priced accordingly.

The Big Con
This one was featured in E3 at the end of the Tribeca Film Festival. You're a teen grifter who is thumbing across America to swindle people out of their money and get enough to save your mom's video store from loan sharks. Pickpocketing is (most likely intentionally) ridiculously easy, and if one disguise doesn't work.. just throw on another! This isn't Thief. Also this is the most 90s-aesthetic game since Toejam & Earl. My only criticisms are a lack of voice acting (just a couple of grunts per character) and I didn't really get to use disguises much in the demo levels.

Toodee and Topdee
One character is a 2D platform character. The other is a top-down block pusher. While one is active, the other is frozen. Naturally the two of them must band together to help each other reach the portal in each stage. As I've said in the past, I'm not a huge fan of 500 level single-screen puzzle games, but the gimmick for this IS pretty good. I don't think I'll buy the full game but this'll definitely be one to watch at future Games Done Quick events.

A Tale of Paper
This one was.. OK. I think it's cute, sort of a Little Nightmares Jr where you're a paper man roaming around a large house being menaced by roombas and spiders. You gain the ability to turn into a frog and a crumpled ball, which changes your movement up and lets you get places you couldn't otherwise. But otherwise, yeah, it's a Little Nightmares type game but not horror. I think the camera could be zoomed in a little bit more often, it was often too wide and my character was really small on the screen.

Sephonie
If you've heard people gush about Anodyne 2, well... this is their next game. Building off the "long lost PS2 game" framework that Anodyne 2 established, Sephonie goes in a little bit of a different direction. It leans far harder in the direction of a 3D platformer, with air dashing, wall vaulting and wall running. The controls are a little bit slippery, and I don't just mean the sprinting (which in game is compared to controlling "like riding a skateboard"). That's fine, but things get a bit slippery with regular movement as well.. and getting into wallrunning is not perfect.

The interesting thing about this demo so far is that you catalog the flora/fauna in the game, and in order to do so, you sync with them by playing a tetrimino-based puzzle game where you put pieces on a grid to match 3-or-more and try to create as many matches as you can during your turn, or you lose health. It seems almost impossible to lose one of these, but maybe the difficulty will ramp up in the later sections.

Much like Sable, I'm ultimately not sure what the structure of the game will be like (it seems you are investigating one strata after the other, going deeper and deeper down), but I'm intrigued.

That's 24 demos played. Still to go: Bear & Breakfast, Death Trash, Dodgeball Academia, My Time at Sandrock, Potion Craft, Radio Viscera, Rainbow Billy, Severed Steel, Super Dungeon Maker, Unsighted, Ys IX, Blaster Master Zero 3.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I tried a bunch of demos and they mostly felt like prototypes of mobile games or student projects, or otherwise are not in a state where they should be playtested by the public

Siege the Day is an extremely empty mobile game with disproportionately high budget put into cutscenes meant to be shown in ads

Wartales felt like a tech demo of a game that will one day be a poor man's Battle Brothers

WH40k: Battlesector is neat in theory but whether or not it's a good game will hinge on how much variety it has and how engaging the campaign is, and the answer is that in true WH40k game fashion it's probably only going to let you play as space marines and only against Tyranids and will probably only have 4 or 5 unit types and no customization :shrug:

Trigon is a promising FTL clone

Mech Armada is an extremely simplistic mobile game with disproportionately high budget put into cutscenes meant to be shown in ads

Punk Wars is a 4x game where the factions each represent some genre of *Punk except the demo forces you to play as an extremely dorky tophat-and-monocle-laden functionless-gears-everywhere steampunk faction so I didn't even give it a shot

Live by the Sword: Tactics is all the archaic and bad things about Final Fantasy Tactics without anything interesting going on. It moves excruciatingly slow so I alt-F4'd after a few turns. None of the classes or skills did anything interesting, the arenas were tiny and poorly designed, and it felt soulless

Anvil Saga is more of a linear story-type game than the business sim I was hoping it would be so I didn't play long, the blacksmithing side of it consisted of: click on ore pit to mine, click on furnace to turn into ingot, click on forge to make requested item, repeat.

Agent 64 is a true-to-form clone of Goldeneye for N64 but that also includes all of the parts that have been refined by modern FPS games and so it's kind of clunky and bad. Like there's no way to manually aim your gun it just autoaims at anything on your screen the same way it does in Goldeneye.

Super Dungeon Maker is uhh, I mean... it was exactly what it says it is but there's nothing interesting about it, you make bare-bones zelda style dungeons and then can play them, there was no scripting or logic or anything that I could find, just placing empty rooms, then placing powerups and enemies.

Synthetik 2 is a game I'm really looking forward to because I love Synthetik but the demo didn't do anything for me and felt like a downgrade from Synthetik in every regard. That being said their "here's what's coming in the full version" splash screen at the end sounds rad.

All in all it was very nostalgic of getting those old "2000 shareware games" CDs back in the day, but not in a good way.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 18, 2021

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Lake
Okay.. the voice acting doesn't get much better than the narration from the E3 trailers. By that I mean it is definitely "radio commercial" style voice acting, where people act as if they're not going to be seen, so there's a lot of extra emphasis on words and sentence structure. It's a bit awkward. The other awkward thing is that you walk very slowly, and your 'sprint' is just a less slow walk. I thought Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was slow to move around in, but holy crap. I get it, this is a relaxing game.. but I like to run around in relaxing games! Don't deny me this!

Nothing is slower moving than Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, I will not believe it. They had to update the game with a sprint button because people would give up half way through.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wow, the Carrier Command 2 demo is way more atmospheric than I expected. I don't think the realistic walking around the bridge is really my thing long-term, but damned if I didn't immediately go explore the carrier on foot for the first twenty minutes. Loved driving the carrier around in the dark watching lights in the horizon, but as soon as you let go of the helm to do anything else it gets awkward.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

PowerBeard posted:

Nothing is slower moving than Everyone's Gone to the Rapture, I will not believe it. They had to update the game with a sprint button because people would give up half way through.

I seem to recall it actually had a "move faster" button at launch, but it just gradually increased your speed slowly so you'd most likely not notice any change and assume the button did nothing

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ymgve posted:

I seem to recall it actually had a "move faster" button at launch, but it just gradually increased your speed slowly so you'd most likely not notice any change and assume the button did nothing

I swore that I tried and didn't notice any change, so I just walked everywhere.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

GrandpaPants posted:

I've been playing Wildermyth, and while discovering the various events and storylines is really fun, the combat feels very tedious. It's too simple and straightforward, and I haven't really had a reason to do anything interesting. I imagine the same criticism can be leveled at something like X-Com, but at least X-Com had more interesting enemies, even in the early stages of the game. That being said, I'm only near the end of the first campaign, so maybe the game and enemy variety open up after the "newbie" campaign.

So I dug around the wildly positive reviews to find the negative ones. They all say exactly what you are saying here. The people who bounce off the game seem to be the ones who like tactical RPGs for their gameplay rather than their story. I saw words like shallow, light, lacks depth, repetitive, boring. It was what prevented me from hitting the buy button so far.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Carrier Command 2 looks like the perfect game to play on a lazy evening with friends on TS. I am on board.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Megasabin posted:

So I dug around the wildly positive reviews to find the negative ones. They all say exactly what you are saying here. The people who bounce off the game seem to be the ones who like tactical RPGs for their gameplay rather than their story. I saw words like shallow, light, lacks depth, repetitive, boring. It was what prevented me from hitting the buy button so far.

I was playing X-Com 2 the other day before picking Wildermyth up and the normal difficulty in Wildermyth is very easy compared to "normal" in X-Com. My dudes are really powerful as of now and combat has been fairly easy although I am starting to face more and more of the larger enemies at a time so it is gradually getting tougher. I don't think it's a detriment to it at all and have been having a blast but I can see people who really want the next hardcore tactical XCom experience being let down by this one if they expect every game to be ball breakingly difficult. I don't agree about it being shallow or lacking depth at all.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

deep dish peat moss posted:

WH40k: Battlesector is neat in theory but whether or not it's a good game will hinge on how much variety it has and how engaging the campaign is, and the answer is that in true WH40k game fashion it's probably only going to let you play as space marines and only against Tyranids and will probably only have 4 or 5 unit types and no customization :shrug:

Nah, weapon customization has been confirmed and I think it'll have a pretty full roster from what I can tell.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

explosivo posted:

I was playing X-Com 2 the other day before picking Wildermyth up and the normal difficulty in Wildermyth is very easy compared to "normal" in X-Com. My dudes are really powerful as of now and combat has been fairly easy although I am starting to face more and more of the larger enemies at a time so it is gradually getting tougher. I don't think it's a detriment to it at all and have been having a blast but I can see people who really want the next hardcore tactical XCom experience being let down by this one if they expect every game to be ball breakingly difficult. I don't agree about it being shallow or lacking depth at all.

Turn-based tactics is one of those genres where a subset of fans cut their teeth on Jagged Alliance, old school Xcom and The Long War. I always take comments on "too easy" "too difficult" with a grain of salt since I land somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Like, I don't think Xcom is too difficult but I'll also cheat the rng when the game hands me 8 heavies and no assault because randomization can be dumb.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fruits of the sea posted:

Turn-based tactics is one of those genres where a subset of fans cut their teeth on old school Jagged Alliance, Xcom and The Long War. I always take comments on "too easy" "too difficult" with a grain of salt since I land somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Like, I don't think Xcom is too difficult but I'll also cheat the rng when the game hands me 8 heavies and no assault because randomization can be dumb.

Yep, same here. I like a challenge in X-Com but I'm not above savescumming if something goes completely tits up if it means my game's going to be ruined because of it. I think I could stand to notch the difficulty up in Wildermyth but I'm giving it some time to see if it ramps up in the later chapters.

However I will say the name "Wildermyth" is completely forgettable and every time I want to talk about it I have to look it up to avoid calling it "Wilderwyld" or "Wylderlands".

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am also finding the first campaign in Wildermyth very easy on the default difficulty, but, it is meant to be a tutorial campaign and there are two difficulty levels above the default, so...

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

For the record, rolling with heavies only in Xcom is fun but teching up is VERY slow since it's hard to capture aliens and just lol if you ever have to save civilians. You end up in a feedback loop where un-upgraded rocket launchers are the only solution to everything. No research, only explosions!

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I appreciate all the demo impressions, there's some I'll have to check out too.

I've played a few demos but not for very long, it's too drat hot to have the PC on for long. However that means I have gotten a lot of reading done!

Carrier Command 2: Played for like 10 mins, going to go back to it, seemed really interesting. So the game will be co-op? That might be pretty cool.

Tiny Thor: Colorful and decent platformer, your hammer bounces and some enemies need to be hit off a bounce. Probably not my thing but I'm glad I checked it out.

Lunark: Man it's left my head what this is based off of, gameplay wise, some old game whose name has left me. Interesting enough I'm going to check out more.

Sail Forth: This game felt pretty chill procedurally generated game where you sail around and build up your ship, get new stuff, etc. Will also check this one out more.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

You should all play Bear and Breakfast.

I'm not biased!

(It is genuinely quite good).

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just want to thank you everyone who's posting reviews/thoughts about the game demos in the festival! I really appreciate them, since I'm not really a demo person. Keep em coming!

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Wildermyth had a cool magic system. That said, I felt like I saw everything that the game was going to do within the 8 hour intro campaign, so I shelved it. It is worth a play if you think that it looks interesting

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
I started Wildermyth on one difficulty up and have been having a blast with it. Just beat the first campaign and I think the added challenge helps. The tactical layer is admittedly pretty basic but I did have characters die and have to make decisions on how to allocate my resources and which characters and regions to save. I also played on Ironman mode which really ratcheted up the tension when two of my four heroes died and I just had to buy time until I could manage to train up a third. The transition from nobody who desperately fears any stray hit to literal demigod with a direct line to nature feels pretty satisfying despite the lack of active abilities.

It seems like the base difficulty is one where you’re free to make whatever story you want and the next step up makes for more drama if you’re willing to roll with the punches. I agree that the game is probably a pass if you’re looking for the next xcom for the tactics but I think it really delivers on the emergent story telling.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Mordja posted:

Nah, weapon customization has been confirmed and I think it'll have a pretty full roster from what I can tell.

The more I played of Battlesector the more I wished I were playing Dawn of War I or II so I went and did just that. It's not bad, it's just retreading overtreaded ground at this point.

I'll re check it out once it's got some reviews out and maybe see how they are going to handle DLC. No Orks, no sale. Give the tyrannids a rest already and I am waaaaaaaaaaaay over Blood Angels at this point.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tiramisu posted:

It seems like the base difficulty is one where you’re free to make whatever story you want and the next step up makes for more drama if you’re willing to roll with the punches. I agree that the game is probably a pass if you’re looking for the next xcom for the tactics but I think it really delivers on the emergent story telling.

The emergent storytelling is pretty impressive, and I think part of it is that in something like X-Com your squaddies themselves never really have a personality outside of whatever headcanon you've made up for them. I have a couple in my team that fell in love after a mission early on and gain buffs by fighting together and will have dialog for when they meet up again for a mission. It's small stuff and probably gets less interesting the more I see it happen but I am genuinely invested in this party because of what they've been through together. It's really neat.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Having a look at the game files of Carrier Command 2 and I like what I'm seeing.

I don't know what the meshes and textures are, but audio is standard .ogg, scripts are plain lua, most other stuff is using xml files.

This game looks to be easily moddable.

Also, it takes up 500MB of disk space (and only 140 physical on my file system). It has a pretty good excitement / size ratio…

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Antigravitas posted:

Having a look at the game files of Carrier Command 2 and I like what I'm seeing.

I don't know what the meshes and textures are, but audio is standard .ogg, scripts are plain lua, most other stuff is using xml files.

This game looks to be easily moddable.

Also, it takes up 500MB of disk space (and only 140 physical on my file system). It has a pretty good excitement / size ratio…
From the Steam page it doesn't look like there's a campaign or anything though.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Communist Bear posted:

Somebody help me here because the pandemic has made time a blur.

Wasn't the first festival way back at the start of 2020? And Chinatown Detective Agency is still not fully released?

:thunk:

Yeah I only brought it up because I thought it was from this slate of demos not a previous one. I think I mixed it up with Mohism. I believe it will be released eventually but maybe that's naïve.

The 7th Guest posted:

Sable
It's the one everyone knows! Actually, had no glitches on my end... although I think the dev needs to add some sort of extra oomph to the climbing when Sable reaches the top, because on some mounds she would get to the top and then slip down a bit before getting up again. Interface could use a little more polish, even if they're going for minimalist, just some better transitions and pop-ups would be useful. I collected 'chum eggs' and it wasn't indicated if I could do anything with them in the demo or not. It's nice that they at least give you a nice little region to explore in the demo without telling you "NO YOU CAN'T GO THERE". And the map outside of the demo region looks decently big, like 12-15ish hours big. I spent 69 (nice) minutes in the demo region but could've spent longer exploring every little nook and cranny. The main thing that I'm, and I think a lot of people are, wondering is.... what will the general game structure be once you leave your camp/family? It is framed as sort of a rite of passage/pilgrimage but not one with a defined destination or end goal. I am wondering if I will get more tools in my arsenal besides the glide bubble and the speeder bike, or will that be it? I guess I'll check reviews to see in September.

Man you got lucky! I went out of bounds three times in this demo in about 25 minutes and I wasn't even trying to break the game or anything. In fact literally the first thing that happened, right as you get control of the character, I accidentally climbed the stone head she is facing and ended up in an inescapable out-of-bounds closet. The other two times I yeeted my hoverbike off cliffs and just clipped right through the ground. I also noticed the climbing thing you refer to, it was a bit awkward for sure especially on very small ledges it's like, just go up the ledge. But its just a canned animation for every time she ends up on an edge whether she climbed or jumped there.

Anyways, I played a bit of Agent Intercept yesterday. Not exactly what I expected, but it's not awful.

The way it works is the car drives forward automatically and you have control of steering, weapons and boost. You can drift around corners and various moves get you points for the stage, as well as pickups. The car can change to a boat, apparently it can change to a plane too. The boat handles a LITTLE bit differently from the car but it's a pretty similar feeling overall. Just finishing a stage is enough to unlock the next one but to unlock the final stage of the chapter you need to get a certain number of achievements like get a certain score, do a certain maneuver x times, get a high combo meter without getting hit by an enemy or obstacle, etc.

I wish you had more control over your acceleration and driving, it's definitely got a very mobile game feel because that is what it is. But the moment to moment gameplay is decent. Doing maneuvers to get points, taking out bad guy cars and boats and other vehicles, drifting around corners, boosting into enemies and jumps, and collecting pickups feels pretty okay. I REALLY wish they leaned a bit more into the 70s spy movie feel, they kind of flirt with it but it's just a haphazard mix. The tone is all over the place and doesn't really do much for it and the story is pretty much ignorable. I also hope that the levels gets a bit more challenging, I'm still on the first chapter of 3 so hopefully it does.

20 bucks is too much for a mobile port like this. It's not a bad game though

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Since this is kinda the PC gaming thread, is there a trick to getting Ubisoft Connect to stay logged in? I keep having to do 2 factor authentication and when it asks me to add a phone number it wont let me use my phone number. It did this a while back and now it's doing it again and I'm not sure what changed on my end.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mordja posted:

From the Steam page it doesn't look like there's a campaign or anything though.

To my understanding it’ll have the island conquest mode versus the rival carrier from the original.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jolo posted:

Since this is kinda the PC gaming thread, is there a trick to getting Ubisoft Connect to stay logged in? I keep having to do 2 factor authentication and when it asks me to add a phone number it wont let me use my phone number. It did this a while back and now it's doing it again and I'm not sure what changed on my end.

I've never found a way to make it stick other than logging in every couple of days, same with Origin and EGS. Which is probably a good idea for security purposes but ugh.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i only played a half hour and need to play more, but My Time at Sandrock already feels a lot more polished than My Time at Portia. I know that façade can't last because it hasn't even launched in Early Access yet, but it's like... hey, they're trying. They're trying! The combat still looks like it'll be a bit of an afterthought though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

I've never found a way to make it stick other than logging in every couple of days, same with Origin and EGS. Which is probably a good idea for security purposes but ugh.

Origin/EA Desktop/Uplay has never remembered my email address despite always clicking the "Keep me logged in" and "remember my email address" checkboxes. :argh:

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Looks like a listing of the Final Fantasy VII Remake has been found in database for everyones favourite game store:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1405803861441347586

Really great move square :bravo:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hell I'll be happy enough it's coming to PC at all

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Play posted:

Hell I'll be happy enough it's coming to PC at all

This was never in doubt.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Good, now that its coming on PC it can be modded to fix Aeris' name

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Flimf posted:

This was never in doubt.

True but when exactly it would come was. I think the word was it was "at least a year" of PS5 exclusive which... could mean a lot of things. This seems to suggest that it won't be too much longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Leal posted:

Good, now that its coming on PC it can be modded to fix Aeris' name

Aerith is the correct name, but should be pronounced Aeris.

Sephiroth should be pronounced Sefiross as well.