Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1405678714201989125
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1405680025270161411

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
anyone else's PS5 suddenly not whisper quiet? it's not loud, but is now audible.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

:3:

Also should I play 2LOU on hard as well? It was a good difficulty for TLOU and the DLC. Tricky in places but how I would feel it would be in real life with little ammo and materials.

As long as you mix it up and don't play like a cover based shooter. You were def falling into Uncharted habits on occasion (hard scoping, stop and pop, etc), just keep it lively and you'll be fine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

As long as you mix it up and don't play like a cover based shooter. You were def falling into Uncharted habits on occasion (hard scoping, stop and pop, etc), just keep it lively and you'll be fine.

Ahh, fire guns and aim on the move with a controller is a huge weakness of mine. I cannot aim properly unless I am stationary. maybe I just need to GITGUD.
Though it must be a different game comparison because I played uncharted 1 only and that was 5 years ago.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

anyone else's PS5 suddenly not whisper quiet? it's not loud, but is now audible.

mine's always made noise while a game is running. ps4 game basic ambient fan noise. ps5 game ambient fan noise plus coil whine. no game running whisper quiet. game installing from disc...jet engine + earthquake.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Ahh, fire guns and aim on the move with a controller is a huge weakness of mine. I cannot aim properly unless I am stationary. maybe I just need to GITGUD.
Though it must be a different game comparison because I played uncharted 1 only and that was 5 years ago.

Don't play it like a shooter. Shooting is one thing you do. Use bombs, mollies, melee, distractions, stealth. Learn to weave in and out of those. Just don't stand in front of a dude and try to reload. Get inventive and fight tooth and nail with whatever's at hand.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

The game awards are less bad than the Oscars, but that is such a low bar to clear it's like saying having diarrhea is better than being super constipated.

Truth.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Don't play it like a shooter. Shooting is one thing you do. Use bombs, mollies, melee, distractions, stealth. Learn to weave in and out of those. Just don't stand in front of a dude and try to reload. Get inventive and fight tooth and nail with whatever's at hand.

You are correct! Reloading was definitely the 'veeg heal' haha.
I did way better stuff in left behind. That last shootout was hairy and I was moving and using all my junk. I want the game to be that. :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I did way better stuff in left behind. That last shootout was hairy and I was moving and using all my junk. I want the game to be that. :)

It will be that. IT WILL.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I like sneaking around and stealth kill as much as I can. Dogs are real annoying so I lay bombs traps and have them walk into them along with their handler.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rinkles posted:

summer time magic + dust. take the panels off and get the hoover, they made those dust hoover holes for a reason.

mines still silent (hill is real) and with the last firmware you dont even hear the drm disc check now. its great.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
for those of you that tried the demo, what does stranger of paradise play like? what's the closest analogue?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

for those of you that tried the demo, what does stranger of paradise play like? what's the closest analogue?

Nioh, it’s kind of JUST reskin of Nioh

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

I'd play hosed up Cyberpunk any day over some hypothetical polished Assassins creed game

You can just say Ghost of Tsushima as that game exists

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The only thing CP2077 really has going for it are its story and characters, which are definitely an order of magnitude above Ghost of Tsushima and AC Valhalla. In terms of the open world design and activities though it completely fails in comparison to basically any open-world game made in the last 6 years, including TW3. It's staggering how low-effort the NCPD missions and most of the side gigs are, minus a few notable exceptions.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

See the thing is as much as I want to tell you to switch to Normal or something the way you did the last shootout in Left Behind is the game at its best and there’s plenty of opportunities in 2 for that sort of thing to happen many times over and it’s not something the easier modes will give you as much when you get ammo more frequently etc. So if you want a more frustrating experience overall but with the potential to give you glorious moments like that, yeah, stick to Hard.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
2077's fashion's pretty great though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

See the thing is as much as I want to tell you to switch to Normal or something the way you did the last shootout in Left Behind is the game at its best and there’s plenty of opportunities in 2 for that sort of thing to happen many times over and it’s not something the easier modes will give you as much when you get ammo more frequently etc. So if you want a more frustrating experience overall but with the potential to give you glorious moments like that, yeah, stick to Hard.

Yeah, I think they already give you too much ammo on Hard.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The only thing CP2077 really has going for it are its story and characters, which are definitely an order of magnitude above Ghost of Tsushima and AC Valhalla. In terms of the open world design and activities though it completely fails in comparison to basically any open-world game made in the last 6 years, including TW3. It's staggering how low-effort the NCPD missions and most of the side gigs are, minus a few notable exceptions.

Good thing side missions in sandbox games are always the least compelling, most easily ignored aspect.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On the other hand the zoo chapter with all the zombie apes might freak him out a bit much for hard

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Good thing side missions in sandbox games are always the least compelling, most easily ignored aspect.

Once you take all that icon vomit away, there isn't much game left. You have a 15-hour story with braindead combat and almost zero reactivity beyond the first main mission. And that's just one quest!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your most wrong post yet

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

heres a link to all the evidence so far that we are in the midst of another classic Kojima ruse: https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/06/16/blue-box-game-studios-abandoned-kojima-silent-hill/

its win win as i see it. if its real, holyfuckingshityesssss, but if its fake and its some asset flipper conning people then its a lmfao moment.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

There are lots of excellent side quests in Cyberpunk. Ignore all the “be a cop” ones but absolutely dip your toe into the regular ones, especially related to characters you meet along the main story.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Am looking forward to TLOU2 stream tonight, mainly for Veeg's comically innocent gasping at things!

Am also looking forward to my first premature ban on someone who types a word in the chat that I read too quickly and mistake for a slur

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I will take being frustrated now and then with the option for that heart pounding last mission in Left Behind. Having to run around switch weapons, hide, get in fighting, craft health kits and bombs and eventually win over just having more stuff in my inventory.

Those amazing arrow shots across the plaza while I was trying to figure out where next and then running to grab the dropped ammo, followed by infected noises and me realising if I could just hide they might thin themselves out before realising there was a bad guy behind me so I dropped a bomb and pegged it... wowie. It was glorious :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

On the other hand the zoo chapter with all the zombie apes might freak him out a bit much for hard

I have no way of knowing if this is a troll after the giraffes turned out to be real.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Grabbed a used copy of R&C off eBay for £50, much more reasonable

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I have no way of knowing if this is a troll after the giraffes turned out to be real.

The giraffes was a one-time thing haha. As far as “obviously jokey trolls that actually turn out to be real”, there’s no way you can top the freaking giraffes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

The giraffes was a one-time thing haha. As far as “obviously jokey trolls that actually turn out to be real”, there’s no way you can top the freaking giraffes.

I notice you did not exactly refute it! ;)
It was one of the best moments in the game. Also blew my mind. Wow.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

except for when Joel and Ellie go into space, that poo poo was wild, the series really jumps the shark there

exquisite tea posted:

No real argument about the open-world activities, but I’ll go ahead and say that Night City is a more interestingly designed open world than Tsushima or Ancient Greece or Post-Apocalypse Wyoming or even the open world from The Witcher games. The true frustration of 2077 is that like you said, absolutely nothing in the game lives up to the potential of night city, its desert badlands, its rocket ship launch pad, its industrial communications farms, it’s sunken ruins of underwater towns… it’s like Shadow of the Colossus, in that the game is absolutely full of amazingly designed locations… but there is just literally nothing to do and no reason to go there.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I am about half way through replaying tlou2 on hard and actually I think it's genuinely too easy so far. I normally have all items fully stocked, and can't pick up more ammo cos I have too much.

I'm pretty much 100% stealth though, other than the sections where that's not possible, so you naturally don't use many resources with that play style.

I'd recommend a harder difficulty if you want that 'invention through desperation' style play through.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

henpod posted:

One good thing in Ratchet and Robot is to set one of your directional buttons to go into slow-motion from the accessibility options. Not so much to help with gameplay, but slowing down all the chaos for a few seconds here and there really shows off the amazing animations. In the swamp place, i kept doing it when shooting the fat flying bugs. Watching them swell up and pop at 50% speed was so satisfying. Also when I bring the hammer down on a large pile of crates to see all the nuts and bolts swirl.

I'm doing it for adding a touch of style to certain moves like the overhead wrench slam. And like you, in those moments I'm really appreciating the animation, e.g. actual cartoon techniques like stretching.

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012
here is a good video showing the difference between 1440p and 4k checkerboard. It also shows difference between checkerboard 4k and native 4k

https://youtu.be/ljgCy4Y2sHc

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

The Perfect Element posted:

I am about half way through replaying tlou2 on hard and actually I think it's genuinely too easy so far. I normally have all items fully stocked, and can't pick up more ammo cos I have too much.

I'm pretty much 100% stealth though, other than the sections where that's not possible, so you naturally don't use many resources with that play style.

I'd recommend a harder difficulty if you want that 'invention through desperation' style play through.

Would deffo reccomend survivor for Veeg for most of the game - there's a couple of points where I'd just recommend lowering the difficulty for a section and then bumping it up again. It can be too easy for most of it and then BAM a total roadblock

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please don’t do this to me you guys

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

"Side quests" in the Witcher 3 were excellent, many being as good as the game's main storyline (with a few exceptions, thinking of the armour upgrade quests in particular).

It's a shame that the side content in Cyberpunk sounds bad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rinkles posted:

I only played for a few hours, but so far Rift Apart feels like a return to form.

Yay, glad you're not totally hating it.

I actually really like what it's doing now that I've found ways of ignoring the fluff. I turned off the mini-map, I run or slow-travel just about everywhere, I completely ignore weapon customization and just use what's on hand, I don't allocate points until I need to open/break/hack something above my level, and I do my best to stealth and scan a lot. The main missions/conversations so far have been fun/well-written and I've mostly been ignoring side missions, while the most annoying poo poo by far is usually tv personalities during load screens, etc. I just had sex with a few people on the street, I've hijacked 1 car for expediency, and I avoid most fights.

Game is pretty good, and I appreciate the story they're telling. I think it would've been easier to get into if the game wasn't trying to chase every major design trend and be everything to everybody, but at the moment I'm kind of astounded that such a small team made this messy, intricate thing.

I am glad I waited to play until it had been patched like 4 times tho.

You all can probably guess the moment I realized BP was actually *not* talking about Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How dare you make me laugh this loud on the bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Gort posted:

"Side quests" in the Witcher 3 were excellent, many being as good as the game's main storyline (with a few exceptions, thinking of the armour upgrade quests in particular).

It's a shame that the side content in Cyberpunk sounds bad.

Most of cooberpoober is fine. There's some stuff that's at or near Witcher 3 quality and there's some stuff that's clearly just to give you something to do. Taking the hateboners of people who've already decided nothing will change their opinion as gospel is an interesting tack, certainly. Game's fine. Reminds me of LA Noire. What you do is reasonably interesting but the open world seems kind of unnecessary. That is, few things in the game suggest a need to be as open as it is, and it doesn't really take advantage of being that open. Map markers to clear isn't enough; there's not really a ton of emotional engagement in things you aren't directed to. Even Skyrim tries to give you a reason to wander and just kind of experience this alternate world and just be there, though Skyrim I still maintain is a better VR game than a flat game.