Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Chinatown posted:

no onions or relish = hot dog is dead to me
I was talking food with the person running the register, and I was telling him "Yeah man, people are actually really excited about the condiment station opening again; onions; relish, all that" and he totally agreed. He also said that he was mad when the food court got rid of... I guess there was a like an Italian sausage or something like that on a bun? Not the polish, something else. He said that was awesome.

Clearly this is a man of refinement and taste.

infraboy posted:

With California opened up Costco is allowing people to go maskless if fully vaccinated (honor system) but it seemed like 90% of the customers were still masked so I still wore mine, the tables were available for eating though, nearby Target had the same feeling of nearly everyone masked. It just feels awkward for me not to wear one until a majority of people stop doing it.
After what's happened? I don't really blame them for being cautious (not to make this a COVID chat). Same though at my local Costco in CA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BeAuMaN posted:

I was talking food with the person running the register, and I was telling him "Yeah man, people are actually really excited about the condiment station opening again; onions; relish, all that" and he totally agreed. He also said that he was mad when the food court got rid of... I guess there was a like an Italian sausage or something like that on a bun? Not the polish, something else. He said that was awesome.

Clearly this is a man of refinement and taste.

After what's happened? I don't really blame them for being cautious (not to make this a COVID chat). Same though at my local Costco in CA.

The Italian sausage was a Costco food court staple here in NJ until the covid times. I also may or may not have shown the thread how not to eat one at some point.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I liked the italian sausage more than the hotdog and it breaks my heart to know I'll probably never be able to eat it again.

Yes I know it's braindead easy to make my own but that's not the point.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
In the before times, when I would go to my local Costco for gas before they opened up the store proper, they would have enormous portable grills set up in the back of the Costco grilling up the Italian sausages. The smell would waft all over the parking lot and drive me nuts, especially if I had skipped breakfast that day. I'm tearing up thinking about it

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I started taking tiny dice onions from home in a little tupperware for my hot dogs. Gonna keep doing it when the onion dispensers come back. I just can't trust people not to be gross with them drat things. They touch them with their stranger's hands and I don't know where they've been.

Everyone in my life thinks I'm crazy but I know I'm not. Normalize purse onions. It's not weird if you don't make it weird.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

fizzymercury posted:

I started taking tiny dice onions from home in a little tupperware for my hot dogs. Gonna keep doing it when the onion dispensers come back. I just can't trust people not to be gross with them drat things. They touch them with their stranger's hands and I don't know where they've been.

Everyone in my life thinks I'm crazy but I know I'm not. Normalize purse onions. It's not weird if you don't make it weird.

I support this

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RocketLunatic posted:

We bought an Ion Pathfinder (?) portable music amp thing for an outdoor event. It was $40 off and decent value but returned it. Not really loud enough. It did have a bottle opener built in which was cool, but cranked up, it didn’t sound super great. Great return policy for Costco though.

I have an ion speaker, Tailgater, and I love it. Most of the time the volume doesn't go above 1/4 of the way, and it gets really loud. The distortion was bad on it at high volume, by knocking the bass down in the eq on Spotify it would sound better.

Of course the tailgate themselves became arms races for bigger louder speakers. I give up if someone else's music is loud enough at my spot to be clear.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fizzymercury posted:

Normalize purse onions.

:hmmyes:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

thathonkey posted:

my current rule of thumb for getting through this awkward phase is if the people working at a place are masked up then ill put mine on.

:same:

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I think everyone should be wearing masks as much as possible, right now especially. You can still transmit the virus asymptomatically when vaccinated, and there's still different variants of the virus popping up.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

number 1 snake fan posted:

I think everyone should be wearing masks as much as possible, right now especially. You can still transmit the virus asymptomatically when vaccinated, and there's still different variants of the virus popping up.

I am totally against this. I was promised that this would be a world ending apocalypse! I want a proper plague not this bullshit.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

fizzymercury posted:

Maybe just turn the crank with a napkin in your hand instead of doing mise en place before a trip to the Costco

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wait the Italian Sausage is going away?

I think it was on this very thread that The Midniter mentioned it and I’ve been a fan ever since.

This is sad if true :(

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

pnumoman posted:

The Italian sausage was a Costco food court staple here in NJ until the covid times. I also may or may not have shown the thread how not to eat one at some point.

Hed posted:

I think it was on this very thread that The Midniter mentioned it and I’ve been a fan ever since.

Oh well you're all lucky. It wasn't being sold recently even in the Before Times at the three local Costcos in my area. It must have been a temporary run at the Costco I frequent most; I vaguely remember it but I didn't frequent this location as much before. Glad other Costcos are still running it.

fizzymercury posted:

Normalize purse onions. It's not weird if you don't make it weird.
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Costco: Normalizing Purse Onions

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Barry posted:

Maybe just turn the crank with a napkin in your hand instead of doing mise en place before a trip to the Costco

Oh nono, I'm not worried about the crank. I've seen someone dig their sweaty ham hands into the nozzle where the onions come out. I only saw it once but what if other people do that? What if people think that's okay!?

I want onions, I bring onions. It's just being responsible.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

fizzymercury posted:

There has never been any onion in the bloody dispensers when I go (and they didn't take them away in Perth). I am yet to experience whether they are even worth bothering with.

If I bothered asking how quickly would they refill??

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Hed posted:

Yeah I think I need to be talked off a ledge right now, if this is true.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thathonkey posted:

my current rule of thumb for getting through this awkward phase is if the people working at a place are masked up then ill put mine on.

Keep your mask on. Doesn't matter what anyone else is doing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i wasnt seeking mask advice sorry if that wasnt clear from the way that i did not ask

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

fizzymercury posted:

I started taking tiny dice onions from home in a little tupperware for my hot dogs which was the style at the time.

also
https://twitter.com/johnpompliano/status/1405878873728892930?s=28

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

fizzymercury posted:

Oh nono, I'm not worried about the crank. I've seen someone dig their sweaty ham hands into the nozzle where the onions come out. I only saw it once but what if other people do that? What if people think that's okay!?

wheez the onion dispenser

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I want the onion dispenser. I want to turn the crank. I want to watch as the onions flow out of the Archimedes screw. Dropping effortlessly onto my perfectly curated dog with just the right ratio of mustard and relish.

It is the way.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I want to get married to a goon just so I can have people throw little Costco onion bits instead of rice

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I want to see people filling up tupperware containers from the onion dispenser and taking them home.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

thathonkey posted:

i wasnt seeking mask advice sorry if that wasnt clear from the way that i did not ask
Eh, maybe rethink it. Sounds like it would be good for you.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

fizzymercury posted:

Onions are highly acidic. You're fine.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I went to one of my socal churches yesterday and maybe half of the customers had masks on. I wore mine because I'm not an idiot and I care about other people. Booze was on sale so I stocked up! Also some frozen treats but they didn't have the Melonas anymore and that made me sad. I wanted a couple more boxes for the chest freezer.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Spinz posted:

I want to get married to a goon just so I can have people throw little Costco onion bits instead of rice

better start eating, kid

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
My costco hasn't had the fresh shishito peppers in a while. That is some bullshit.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

There's no way there isn't some other tax benefit associated with this either.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

number 1 snake fan posted:

Right now especially? So you're saying wearing a mask right now is more important than wearing one for, say, the last 15 months?

okay enjoy wearing a mask in public for the rest of your life.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

bird with big dick posted:

Right now especially? So you're saying wearing a mask right now is more important than wearing one for, say, the last 15 months?

bird that nitpicks about dumb poo poo

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

durrneez posted:

bird with nit pick

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

durrneez posted:

It's a dumb thing to say and that's before you consider that he's directly contradicting the CDC

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Aren’t they horizontally integrated where they own a bunch of chicken ranches?

There’s a probably untrue story about Sun Microsystems giving all of its employees turkeys for thanksgiving and it becoming untenable as they grew, so to cut costs they bought a turkey ranch

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

namlosh posted:

There’s a probably untrue story about Sun Microsystems giving all of its employees turkeys for thanksgiving and it becoming untenable as they grew, so to cut costs they bought a turkey ranch

I think they fairly recently started their own chicken farms (ranches?) to help address the chicken supply issues.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

namlosh posted:

Yes. Its chicken farming on an insane scale .

https://www.mashed.com/314771/how-costcos-enormous-chicken-farm-has-changed-nebraska/

I want a rotisserie chicken now. Might have to do a run this weekend. :thunk:

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

bird with big dick posted:

I was planning on it, thanks :) I love that people can't see my face, and I didn't get sick at all last year when I usually get really sick at least twice a year

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I will give mask advice freely and merrily.

https://twitter.com/OnlyInLVNV/status/1262335074516692992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
If you want to wear a mask that's fine. People who have been vaxxed and don't want to wear one anymore is also fine.

That's it.