Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
There SHOULD be a patch this month but who fuckin knows. Valve is apparently tinkering with their webpages a bit which hints at something, but no movement on their test environment as of yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Blitz_DotA/status/1405634594460864515
https://twitter.com/33Dota/status/1405638600910376968

kyle making new friends

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Taffer posted:

lol seriously have none of you ever ended up in a game with slacks?

seriously. I've actually been totally fine with him in the very rare moments that he chills out and acts like a normal human for a moment (like his video talking about the dota sex scandal stuff), but his standard setting of "wow I'm a really GOOFBALL hehe" is so unfunny and exhausting

Hey I actually just generally agree with you and just want a second favorite caster behind OD that's not a sexpest. Sorry to be toxic.

But yes I queued with him while in party queue once. I was like 1.5k under his solo rank when he started climbing, and his wife was sleeping so we only got him in text chat, but I said during pick phase that if he was really slacks he would carry us with techies.

And he did.

And we dunked on Purge for doubting him. It was great.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

it is fine if you like slacks, I don't like him but i am just partaking in the usual thread pasttime of arguing about which talent is great and which is terrible :v:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Shame...Shame.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

TheRat posted:

Cap is the absolute worst at this. He has zero humility and zero capability of taking criticism, and just turns into an ultra-defensive, arrogant oval office at the first opportunity.

I'd probably do the same thing if I ever had to interact with dota reddit/twitter tbh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Arzachel posted:

I'd probably do the same thing if I ever had to interact with dota reddit/twitter tbh

Then don't interact with it, rather than doing the same "haha Im not biased lol not biased" joke for the 739th time in the official broadcast.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Euros malding itt

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Euros malding itt

Remember that time you were briefly hired at TI and came running into the thread saying that everyone was so mean and we should all just be nice to eachother? Good times.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The one thing every single caster is guilty of, good or bad, and has been guilty of since 2012 is having a firm stance that the Dota 2 reddit is awful and terrible and every opinion there is dogshit and everyone there is annoying and entitled and freaks out constantly and is desperate to start poo poo and you should never go there; but in the same breath also absolutely refuses to stop posting on the dota 2 reddit and refuses to stop talking about the dota 2 reddit ever therefor making it by default the only public dota forum that matters

like hey Cap (and literally everyone else) if the dota 2 reddit is so loving annoying and stupid how about you log off. Just log off. Turn of your computer, or just close your eyes tyler the creator style. Pretend you do not see it. Stop going to the website. No one is making you, you are not missing anything

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheRat posted:

Remember that time you were briefly hired at TI and came running into the thread saying that everyone was so mean and we should all just be nice to eachother? Good times.

You need to touch some grass my man

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

hey now instead of complaining we should be looking forward to the return of Kaci right?? Assuming she hasn't fallen to deep into the valve black hole

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Cerepol posted:

hey now instead of complaining we should be looking forward to the return of Kaci right?? Assuming she hasn't fallen to deep into the valve black hole

Always looking forward to that. TI is just so sick

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Alliance first picked Hoodwink. Has she been all that substantial this tournament?

Edit:Judging by this first 15 minutes, no.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 18, 2021

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Hoodwink looked pretty good at the major

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

Hoodwink looked pretty good at the major

its not a top tier support, but in the right hands (cr1t) and the right draft it looks dang nasty
to me it seems you can't pick Hoodwink as your sole disable, the more disables you have the more you can activate Hoodwink even beyond just securing the bushwhack. Alliance's plan was to initiate with bushwhack I assume into Lesh/Mars?

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 18, 2021

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

sugar free jazz posted:

caster tier list is as follow (this is cannon)

s tier: odpixel, slacks, trent
a tier: sunsfan, ephie
b tier: everyone else except
c tier: jenkins
piss tier: tobi, grandgrant, nahaz

I'm going to contact the mods because you don't have ayesee on s tier. he invented bagel breadstick and hang n bang. i want him back.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
sunsfan and lacoste are doing VP/[A] right now, and it's a chill cast. The game is hot garbage, but the cast is good.

Also VP is going places.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Robo Turnus posted:

I'm going to contact the mods because you don't have ayesee on s tier. he invented bagel breadstick and hang n bang. i want him back.

he's heading up the Sony esports division for the US so please let the man live

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ayesee was only good because he had Draskyl attached to him

I woke up and turned the stream on right before that rosh fight so that was pretty cool

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

After trying Hoodwink to see what's going on with her, the Ult is really really good and on a way lower cooldown than I would have imagined. Break is like the most important thing in the game to counteract the heroes who are running riot on the patch and it's one of the very few ways to get it (the other being Doom and Viper who surprise are also massive this patch - Silver Edge is unusably bad). She's got a decent stun, too, and that's pretty much all there is to it.

Hoodwink first pick might seem crazy, but then look over at VP's first two bans and Viper's there too, so they clearly want you to have to pick the inferior break when they inevitably pick some poo poo like Timbersaw or Bristle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zeus!

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

IcePhoenix posted:

Ayesee was only good because he had Draskyl attached to him

I woke up and turned the stream on right before that rosh fight so that was pretty cool

I miss Draskyl casting stuff. I wish he'd start doing it again but I think it's been to long and the space is to crowded now.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm the nyx vendettaing his own team

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Imagine not wanting slacks to tell you and 200,000+ people about the lore behind Grimstroke's silence being his wife

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what a beatdown

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Alliance should just gg out and save us all a lot of time.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

too bad ppd wasn't there watching their mini-maps.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

calling it now. t1 wins this tournament.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pamela Springstein posted:

calling it now. t1 wins this tournament.

such bravery

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Just watched the ending of vp vs alliance game 3. Lol @ winter wyvern, what a hero.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this game is ridiculously close

lmao a fight like that and nobody died

e: oh and then QC just feeds

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Karl DK is pretty good

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

this game is ridiculously close

Not anymore it's not

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

t1 tip game is on point

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

terrorblade seems way, way too strong, I don't know why he isn't autobanned like brood is

like the only real counter to TB is 'end the game before 30m'

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3