Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
posting goatse shouldn't be a punishable offense :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

it is though?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

MSPain posted:

posting goatse shouldn't be a punishable offense :colbert:

Yoy only need one copy to jack off to.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Whenever it gets posted the first reply is usually "Hello old friend". Why should anyone be banned for showing the forums oldest friend?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope when the aliens excavate the ruins of our dumb civilization the first thing they find is kirk johnson's contribution to our culture.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

Yvershek posted:

Whenever it gets posted the first reply is usually "Hello old friend". Why should anyone be banned for showing the forums oldest friend?

precisely. it has become such an essential part of our culture that anything that looks vaguely round with hands near it is recognized as being derivative of goatse. it's time to give hello.jpg the respect it has earned and remove the stigma.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no one i stopping you from posting go*tse but as with all things there are consequences to your actions

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Bloop posted:

no one i stopping you from posting go*tse but as with all things there are consequences to your actions

Yeah but i think thats the point OP is trying to make. The consequence should be the wonderful glimmer in everyone's eyes as they gaze into the anal void for meaning, not a probe.

June 4 2021
Jun 4, 2021

by Pragmatica

The Bloop posted:

CALL THE COPS dude spotted

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It should be in the library of congress.

June 4 2021
Jun 4, 2021

by Pragmatica
And the encyclopedia Britanica, too

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Goatse should be GBS's background. Perhaps it should be an endless gif of Kirk infinitely coming out of his own rear end

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I have often wondered how many bosses and significant others have accidentally glimpsed into the abyss and turned into bird box psychos

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

We (still?) have the IK that pm'ed goatse to a minority poster who was trying to have a serious conversation about race stuff on the forums so yeah, I'd say its protected speech

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vyst posted:

Yeah but i think thats the point OP is trying to make. The consequence should be the wonderful glimmer in everyone's eyes as they gaze into the anal void for meaning, not a probe.

You misunderstand me

If goatse is worth so much, and worth posting, and powerful and valuable, and you want to post it and share it with others, then isn't it even worth facing the consequences?

The fact that it costs something to post, that the goatse poster must sacrifice something to do it, that makes it far more powerful and meaningful imo

Where's the revolutionary spirit? The selfless moral courage to do what you think is right for the group even if you know it may temporarily disadvantage you personally?

Posting goatse is either a courageous and meaningful act, or it's just spamming some guy's bhole

I know which world I prefer to live in

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

It’s fine if you actually do something novel or funny with it

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I was perusing a little document called the 1st Amendment today and it seems to me these forums are in direct violation of it?? Mods?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
there isn't even a goat

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Bloop posted:

You misunderstand me

If goatse is worth so much, and worth posting, and powerful and valuable, and you want to post it and share it with others, then isn't it even worth facing the consequences?

The fact that it costs something to post, that the goatse poster must sacrifice something to do it, that makes it far more powerful and meaningful imo

Where's the revolutionary spirit? The selfless moral courage to do what you think is right for the group even if you know it may temporarily disadvantage you personally?

Posting goatse is either a courageous and meaningful act, or it's just spamming some guy's bhole

I know which world I prefer to live in

Once something is mainstream its no longer revolutionary. The spirit is in the preservation and normalization. The focus then needs to be to embrace the educational opportunities to learn about lifelong commitment and a view into a man’s digestive system.

I know I’ll be teaching my kids about the buttholes that changed my life

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
if you post the goat you should expect to get at least a 6er, its part of the territory

[img]https://pic.accessify.com/thumbnails/777x423/g/goatse.me.png]

:blastu:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 18, 2021

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

surprisingly hard to find the original, I resorted to bing and thats what I found

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Goatse
Butthole
Station

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 18, 2021

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Revins posted:

if you post the goat you should expect to get at least a 6er, its part of the territory

[timg]https://pic.accessify.com/thumbnails/777x423/g/goatse.me.pngg]

:blastu:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 18, 2021

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
They should sketch goatee onto a gold plate and blast it off beyond our solar system like the Voyager crafts

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
I'm taking a stand. Any mod with even a shred of compunction will not probe or ban me.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/sLfFCcX.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 18, 2021

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

June 18th 2021, the day I became I true goon and saved goatse to my hard drive

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Revins posted:

Save it on your phone too, so you can even have it on the go or in an emergency goatse situation

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

Revins posted:

let's memorialize this day with a holiday. "Juneteenth" has a nice ring to it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lots of brave principled posting itt so far

:patriot::goatsecx:

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Lol. I relaxed my eyes and my anus

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

vyst posted:

This would mean everyone would most goatse in every thread and it would lose its magic and charm

It'd be just another gaping anus on an internet full of them

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

omg

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i stand with tha OP

mama mia

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
posting goatse is quintessentially something awful culture

as is getting a 6er

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Bramble posted:

Lol. I relaxed my eyes and my anus

Try that with this 3D image:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBadSteve posted:

Try that with this 3D image:

oh my god what is that sailboat doing to its porthole?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
The only probe I have on my rapsheet after being on these forums for 20+ years is posting goatse and I have zero regrets :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Floodixor posted:

The only probe I have on my rapsheet after being on these forums for 20+ years is posting goatse and I have zero regrets :colbert:

that was merely for quoting goatse

perhaps it;s time for an UPGRADE