Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Jose Valasquez posted:

:toxx:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completed: Red Metal, Serene Dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

That is a lovely Neo-Exdeath, but a hideous menu colour.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Galick, I'm just about to finish W3 Pyramid with your mod, and I have a question:

Do you have Mummies spawn anywhere else? Because otherwise, players are very limited in the amount of Blitzshot they can get. Unless I'm missing something, the Mummies don't respawn. I haven't tried totally leaving and re-entering the Pyramid yet...

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Blame Carbybot, he picked it.

And uh, nope. I thought mummies were a potential random encounter in there? I'll have to check that later. Thanks for bringing it up! Note that I'm not going to be able to update the mod for a little while due to private issues at the moment but you can always clear out the four tablet dungeons to unlock the shop for the shot.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

subujun posted:

https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1405991570202038277

Four Berserkers completed, thank you for the wonderful manga Miura you will be sorely missed.

The concept of having to setup and outfit my team before any key battles and then setting them loose is cool, I just wish there wasn't so much HP or level gating due to how uncontrollable they land up. Playing the steam version has some wackiness to it as well (no Rune Axe fun with negative Magic) where they target from right to left (which makes Necrophobe interesting). Though it also means I can setup a hotkey script and literally turn it into an AFK game.

Biggest roadblocks: Liquid Flame, Exdeath (castle), Twintania and NED himself. The worm was front and center for all of my 'zerkers to clobber. Death Sickles stayed relevant the whole game and helped with grinding here and there. I appreciate the suggestions in the thread/discord, they really helped me out!

I'll probably go for another run later this month (750 so no berserkers...).

That's the first run that counts towards my toxx. Every other job is still open.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

:perfect:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

You see this poo poo?

It happens the first time you step onto a save point. You can do this anywhere!

$100 for the first person to do it on Necrophobe.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I think i saw someone mention something about contacting RK to get him to merge your old profile into your new profile if you changed your twitter handle at some point. What's the best way to go about that?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

It's a very cool idea for a toxx, but you can't actually get that message at Necrophobe. I tested it a few years ago, and the last save point to give you the "consecrated circle" message is the one right before Omega. (Presumably because the remaining two save points are spawned upon defeating a boss.)

Edit: For reference:

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 19, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's also not particularly difficult if you play on an emulator.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Should I just avoid the walse castle basement where jackanapes does full party wipes? Can I come back later? I got the stuff from the pots but got owned before I could get out.

Also is there any must-buy stuff if I'm about to become 4 red mages, or will I be able to go to the crystal, turn into red mages (and whatever else I get if possible, I did regchaos so I suspect it might give me another job I can't use yet) and get back to a town without dying? Or should I stock up on stuff now? I have the base spells and a couple of rods for when I have to turn into a red mage, but no caster armour or caster helmets I think.

Galuf had 4hp left on Siren because I did the ghost ship section with only 4 potions, and I managed to defeat Siren :)

edit: currently I am 4 freelancers because yeah, red mage on crystal 1.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ultrafilter posted:

It's also not particularly difficult if you play on an emulator.

Hard parts resisting the ingrained video game urge to use a tent/cottage before the upcoming boss.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

redreader posted:

Should I just avoid the walse castle basement where jackanapes does full party wipes? Can I come back later? I got the stuff from the pots but got owned before I could get out.

Also is there any must-buy stuff if I'm about to become 4 red mages, or will I be able to go to the crystal, turn into red mages (and whatever else I get if possible, I did regchaos so I suspect it might give me another job I can't use yet) and get back to a town without dying? Or should I stock up on stuff now? I have the base spells and a couple of rods for when I have to turn into a red mage, but no caster armour or caster helmets I think.

Galuf had 4hp left on Siren because I did the ghost ship section with only 4 potions, and I managed to defeat Siren :)

edit: currently I am 4 freelancers because yeah, red mage on crystal 1.
you can come back at any point before the well telegraphed end of act 1. There's some good stuff in there. Most people cheese it instead of doing it legit, which can be done immediately.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

redreader posted:

Nah, you'll be fine. You're immediately booted back to the overworld once you regain control after dealing with the crystal, so unless you parked the wind drake somewhere weird you shouldn't have to deal with any encounters before getting back to town. And even then, overworld encounters that early aren't remotely dangerous.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Loon is currently quad-fiestaing with the help of bizhawk shuffler

https://www.twitch.tv/a_raving_loon

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's a very cool idea for a toxx, but you can't actually get that message at Necrophobe. I tested it a few years ago, and the last save point to give you the "consecrated circle" message is the one right before Omega. (Presumably because the remaining two save points are spawned upon defeating a boss.)

Edit: For reference:

well poo poo

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

Loon is currently quad-fiestaing with the help of bizhawk shuffler

https://www.twitch.tv/a_raving_loon

What does this even mean :confused:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

What does this even mean :confused:
bizhawk shuffler randomly swaps between different games mid play

Loon is using that to play through four instances of ff5, with one official fiesta and 3 unofficial fiestas

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

He is performing arcane math rituals to determine his unofficial fiesta lineups

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is dumb. I love it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hellioning posted:

That is dumb. I love it.

To be fair that largely sums up Loon's fiesta content. :allears:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Is... Is Krile confused? Has Matrix even hosed up the one silver lining of berserkers being immune to confuse?

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair that largely sums up Loon's fiesta content. :allears:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 19, 2021

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

redreader posted:

If you're using the GBA version, quicksaving and continuing resets the step counter for random encounters, so you can walk 15 steps each time and get the chests with zero risk.

LynneTheUnlucky
Dec 4, 2013

Poque posted:

Sure, but two eventual holy/curaga bots and two chances for deathsickle!

On reflection, this is perfectly true - I was just disappointed with Geomancer and an extra Zerker rather than the other cooler options from 750.

World 1 sucks though - can't wait to plink Sandworm to death with White Mages and a Geomancer!

Edit: Just for a fun thought though, which is more powerful - Equip Axes Geo with the Rune Axe or !White6 Zerker?

LynneTheUnlucky fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 19, 2021

subujun
Mar 31, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

Is... Is Krile confused? Has Matrix even hosed up the one silver lining of berserkers being immune to confuse?

She has zombie status so that she attacks everybody else with the Death Sickle. If Death procs it heals them due to Bone Mail. She also wastes NED's actions if he targets her since she also has Reflect Ring equipped. It really saved my bacon when he started spamming Meteor since she took most of the hits.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

oh this is super cool-

ah

hendersa
Sep 17, 2006

One more for the books:

In past runs, I've been barely scraping by with berserkers and thieves. I had never even been assigned a single job that even used MP. This time around, I was breaking rods, spamming summons, and !Mix-ing my way into godhood. My ninja !Drink-ed her way to level 255 under a tree and then spent the whole battle with NED tossing my entire inventory at him for 9999 hit after 9999 hit. Aside from having Air Lancets equipped to boost Syldras summons, my choice of weapons didn't make a lick of difference because I never actually attacked NED with them.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I got red mage then Berserker. I have no idea what I'm doing (fuucckk???)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

redreader posted:

I got red mage then Berserker. I have no idea what I'm doing (fuucckk???)

Get to Karnak and stock up on rods.

Take the dragon back to Castle Tycoon and grab the Healing Staff for unlimited Curas.

Give your Berserkers !Red so they can toss out heals between fights without affecting your Red Mages.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for your help! I ground dogs in the forest for 600+ gold per fight, got the top armour/shields etc from Karnak, and I have 2 berserkers with !red and mythril hammers/axes (whatever they are), 2 red mages (1 with the heal staff, thanks for that info) and all of the spells available at this time in the game. I bought 3 of each type of rod too. I have never broken a rod before so I don't know how many I'll need. I assume I can go back for rods if I need more?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

oldskool posted:

well poo poo

You're good people.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

redreader posted:

Thanks for your help! I ground dogs in the forest for 600+ gold per fight, got the top armour/shields etc from Karnak, and I have 2 berserkers with !red and mythril hammers/axes (whatever they are), 2 red mages (1 with the heal staff, thanks for that info) and all of the spells available at this time in the game. I bought 3 of each type of rod too. I have never broken a rod before so I don't know how many I'll need. I assume I can go back for rods if I need more?

There is a point where the rod shop become unavailable for a time, but the game itself heavily signposts this point, so make sure you have a good stockpile of each when that time comes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Honestly you shouldn’t need to break many rods in W1 with Red Mage, just equip your rod of choice and cast that element for boosted damage.

I would stock up 5-10 of each after you get the Earth jobs, as that’s when Red Mage starts to drop off, but that may depend on your other jobs.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mega64 posted:

Honestly you shouldn’t need to break many rods in W1 with Red Mage, just equip your rod of choice and cast that element for boosted damage.

I would stock up 5-10 of each after you get the Earth jobs, as that’s when Red Mage starts to drop off, but that may depend on your other jobs.

Every year I get to the end of the fire ship and I break like 10 rods over the boss because I forget you need to damage him and then wait for him to change forms before breaking an other.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HERE IN SPIRIT, SEVERAL MORE LITERALLY THAN NECESSARY

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

First run, and first triple crown of the year, complete!
I think this is the first time in all of my runs that I've actually gotten to use Mystic Knight, and my first run actually bothering with !catch shenanigans. Always fun to play with some new tricks, and I do find it kind of amusing just how good berserkers are against the superbosses.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Hellioning posted:

gently caress the chicken knife.

But also gently caress the brave blade.

10 dollars for each person (up to 5) who gets a max power brave blade (or zero power chicken knife I suppose) and then !Throws it at either the gargoyles in front of the Pyramid or Melusine.

I mean I know I toxxed for the Brave Blade, but...

get out

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Blue, Summoner, Chemist, Dragoon.

Or to be more specific, summoner x4.

By far the easiest run I've had.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

Ace Transmuter fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

Ace Transmuter fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 19, 2021