Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm just a burnout goon who lurks. Been on the internet most my life now and like all you guys I am always absorbing everything on these forums and being exposed to all kinds of great poo poo. I post this from a massive place of privelidge because i'm not suffering but a huge amount of people are, worldwide.

I have 2 kids and I am up to date on the scientific concensus that we are on the brink of mass loss of life worldwide. I am loving terrified for my kids, and I live in a place that isnt even that bad. Worldwide we need to loving do this for our kids before it is too late.

So i think we should just make world peace go viral. It can be the ultimate goon project. My idea is that we call for a general worldwide strike by non-essential workers. We ask non-essential workers to take the day off at some point in the future.

Then with a billion posts about every military on earth standing down, asking those military that are safe to do so to return to their families, we present demands that militaries stand down, that all governments follow the scientific consensus that we need to change the path we are on immediately. We demand that all billionaires, worldwide, use their money to start curing diseases and making sure that every person on earth has clean water.

We need to point out that drought is ravaging large parts of the world and Coca Cola is earning billions turning it into soemthing that is 100% bad for you

Then we ask that on the internet we create a worldwide dialogue about how we can accomplish this, as a planet

I ask this of goons because i think it would be hilarious if world salvation started on something awful. I respectfully ask that in this thread we try to keep an open dialogue where we all have the same aim: Peace between nations and a future for our kids. and not a bunch of devils advocating pls

We would need to translate a simple enough message of what we want into every language and online space. Goons used to do forum invasions where a bunch of goons would jump on the forum of someone they otherized and viciously attack them. That happened on the reg here back in the day. It happened to a friend of mine, who had a website where she offered her services in taking pictures of mothers holding their stillborn babies. Let's redeem one of this forums hosed up things once an dfor all

oh and I think we just ignore all the trolls and keep spamming the idea forever in different until people notice. and if you have contacts that people actually pay attention to then

uh

any ideas?

i think we should push the 'future of the children' thing and play in the arms of the angels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
That's the lofty idea of what the internet is for right? its destiny

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Goons who are also teenage girls, on my signal... everyone tweet out #WorldPeace and flush our toilets in unison!

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

sweet yeah lets do it

i can get three of my friends to agree to world peace, then they can get three of their friends, and so on and so on. SA will get all the trickle up credit for it of course

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Corporations make hateful shti go viral all the time we can do it better. we can use botnets too

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm going to a post pictures of my kids so you can can see why we should stop them from having to live post apoc

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I can't even convince people that the Witcher 3 is a bad game or that rice in a burrito is fine so I don't know how useful I'm gonna be OP.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I like the optimism OP. Im in.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I can't even convince people that the Witcher 3 is a bad game or that rice in a burrito is fine so I don't know how useful I'm gonna be OP.

Solidarity brother.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

those things are violence we are striving to peace hairytaint get your head in the game

im going to pledge to hug a new stranger everyday, i hope they read this so they know ahead of time and dont think im attacking them

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Let's get celebrities to sing "We Are the World" and make it go nuts on TikTok

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
So wtf are we supposed to do op?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
This is GBS, you should post this in GiP.

I mean, I support this idea, its just maybe better to discuss in a place thats all about the opposite of peace.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Make world peace go viral shithead did you not read the op????

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sounds great op let's get started

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

low key sex master posted:

Make world peace go viral shithead did you not read the op????

I'm about to go viral in your behind

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

horizon unironically a way better game than Witcher

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm about to go viral in your behind

:yosbutt:

Also I just read the OP and on a scale from 1-seeing God how high are you OP and on what drugs?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
What if we sing Imagine? I bet that would make everyone feel connected.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Op please don't post pictures of your kids there are mods around

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Be goons and spam on message boards/twitter. shitpost about worldpeace. send messages to people you shink should be making the world better. just tag them, call them a douchebag if you want to, but demand everyone go home for a day in the same fashion we stayed home for covid and for government

i submit the idea that we spam Ronaldo to demand world peace and solidarity from other rich assholes he knows. he just said you should u should drink water and coca cola got punched in the dick.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i have a suitcase of pepsi lets do this poo poo

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
i present the idea that a worldwide general strike could be orchestrated by something awful

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nah, violence loving rules

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Turpitude posted:

i present the idea that a worldwide general strike could be orchestrated by something awful

Goons can't orchestrate not making GBS threads in their own pants but sure let's have them take the lead on world peace

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

low key sex master posted:

Goons can't orchestrate not making GBS threads in their own pants but sure let's have them take the lead on world peace

exactly. no one sees it coming. it's going to be the ultimate troll.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Das Boo posted:

What if we sing Imagine? I bet that would make everyone feel connected.

I dont think that was well received the last time it was attempted.

Might I suggest Vanilla Ice's Ninja Rap (Go Ninja Go) instead? The Ninja Turltes are a force we can ALL get behind. :sun:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

isnt that the plot of the kevin spacey movie pay it forward where he pays it forward and then a kid gets blown away

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
ok,
I'll go.
Historically my country has had an empire whithin which we tortured people to force them to pay taxes.
we dont do that as much now, but we still expect taxes from everywhere and we are still a constitutional monarchy.
we also make a lot of our money selling weapons to other countries.

I'd like to make world peace viral, but a lot of rich people with more money and power than myself want the opposite.
so before world peace is to have a chance, we need to remove such obstacles.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait, how do we make peace with those countries that keep killing gay people?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If each goon can get just 10 nuclear weapons dismantled we can solve that particular vector of annihilation.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

staberind posted:

ok,
I'll go.
Historically my country has had an empire whithin which we tortured people to force them to pay taxes.
we dont do that as much now, but we still expect taxes from everywhere and we are still a constitutional monarchy.
we also make a lot of our money selling weapons to other countries.

I'd like to make world peace viral, but a lot of rich people with more money and power than myself want the opposite.
so before world peace is to have a chance, we need to remove such obstacles.

I've always liked your posting all these years. I would respond that making it viral could cause no harm but could EVEN piss off a lot of rich people

We can come up with a stupid name for the movement so that all the reporters have to say it in the 24/7 news cycle

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Turpitude posted:

We can come up with a stupid name for the movement so that all the reporters have to say it in the 24/7 news cycle

World Peace Rap (Go World Peace Go)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Das Boo posted:

We keep trying whatever we are currently doing to stop that (i'm guessing it isnt much) and also we do this other thing. elevating human rights worldwide would be the next goal, with all citizens demanding lawful protections of everyone from what we might call hate crimes?? idk not sure of the wording, but if we stop spending money on bombs, worldwide, we might be able to get funds going in directions that help human rights

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If each goon refuses to exhale for a whole year we could stop over 1000 metric tonnes of GHG from entering the atmosphere.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Sherry Bahm posted:

World Peace Rap (Go World Peace Go)

Anybody know vanilla ice? I'll send him lots of canadian weed if he posts this, and that is a toxx goon sirs

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If each goon refuses to exhale for a whole year we could stop over 1000 metric tonnes of GHG from entering the atmosphere.

we should do this one 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Das Boo posted:

I’m told this country has a fondness for oil