Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Shiekah Slate is awesome once you figure it out, Bow of Light lets you rain destruction from the heavens which owns.

I’m getting the remaining few Korok seeds in preparation for tomorrow. I only have three left! I used Monk & Great Fairy a little and Monk is actually cool and fun. Fairy… not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Did they actually ever patch the fact that you could stack Great Fairy's defense debuff on enemies like 8 times and basically murder anything instantly?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I’m excited to try Link’s new Gurardian arms weapon. Kind of reminds me of a mix between the Power Gloves and Trident of the first game, based on the little I have seen. I hope they have a solution for weapon slots though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

ElegantFugue posted:

Did they actually ever patch the fact that you could stack Great Fairy's defense debuff on enemies like 8 times and basically murder anything instantly?

I don't think the game got any patches to fix anything beyond stability issues at launch.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

ElegantFugue posted:

Do musou games ever fix that kind of thing? I wasn't under the impression they've ever been super concerned with balance. (not a rhetorical question)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I admit to being not particularly interested in DLC that doesn't include new, and harder, stages, since that was my main complaint about the base game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rand Brittain posted:

I admit to being not particularly interested in DLC that doesn't include new, and harder, stages, since that was my main complaint about the base game.

There’s a new difficulty level plus new challenges. Not sure what they are but probably new battles and such.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If the Guardian is a full fledged character then there'll be a couple new stages probably for it to earn new moves and such.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I can see the Guardian having the same issues as Calamity Ganon and the Great Fairies in that its so big you can't see smaller enemies properly.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I thought I'd try and get Terrako up and running before the DLC drops tomorrow, but this Mipha mission that wants me to kill 18 Guardians in 10 minutes seems a little unfair

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It'd be cool if Nintendo actually informed people when they were looking at releasing their DLC. This stuff apparently pre loaded itself on Wednesday for me so I thought it'd be a midnight release.

It is now 3pm here, and it's been out in Japan for over an hour, and I can only assume we're going to have to wait until Midnight EST to get this stuff.

Like drat, it'd take like a minute tops for the regional branches to tweet out that by the 18th, they meant late afternoon 18th.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Well it's 1:30 AM EDT and I still don't have access to the new stuff (I preordered it and saw the "content downloaded and waiting for release" message a couple of days ago), so either it won't unlock until midnight PDT an hour and a half from now, or it won't unlock until the eShop stuff usually goes up, which is around noon EDT which would be ten and a half hours from now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s 7am ET and it isn’t playable yet for some reason.

Edit: it just became playable in Europe according to Twitter, not sure why it isn’t out in the US yet

Edit: and Brazil and Australia/NZ. But I hear there is some issue with downloading updates/DLC right now…?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 18, 2021

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah it just came out here in NZ at 11pm 18/06.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s live in North America but I just hit the issue a lot of people are having, my system tried to download the update for the game and it just won’t download. Luckily I can’t play until later anyway since I have a job, so hopefully it’ll be resolved in the next eight hours or so.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was able to download it just fine, but it's 7 AM and I really should get to sleep. All I really did was pop in and see what's new. So far there's one new stage right off the bat, as well as Robbie and Purah's EX Lab. The first thing you see is a skill tree type setup where the new quests are, and the first one unlocks the ability to get Research Papers, a new type of loot, as well as unlock EX Vicious Monster battles which add more stages to the map. I don't know how to get Research Papers yet, but from the quest tree there's Battle Records, Monster Ecology, Vicious Monsters, and Relic Analysis. There seems to also be quests to power up the Sheikah Slate runes even more, since one of the ones I unlocked was a boost to Remote Bomb power which requires you to defeat 100 enemies with bombs. That'll be nice for Zelda's slate moveset.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So one of the EX Labs upgrades is the ability to buy apples. Neat.

Edit: Oh hey, I think I spied a Rack Up KOs mission. But I gotta go to work :saddowns:

Alacron fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 18, 2021

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s still giving me an error when I try to run the update :sigh:

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It’s still giving me an error when I try to run the update :sigh:

I checked what the error code was and one of the suggested solutions was to reset the cache for my profile and it worked.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54812/~/how-to-reset-cache-on-nintendo-switch

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So how do I get the nunchuks and bike?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Resetting the cache didn't help me. I can't download some other stuff, either.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It won’t let me download the update either. It’s not even giving me an error code

Edit: Canceling the download and then restarting it by hitting start on the game icon and choosing “Software Update - Via the Internet” seems(?) to have fixed it

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 18, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah finally being able to buy apples is good, it's one of the things people said should have been in the base game and I agree. For anyone who can't find where to buy them (the game doesn't tell you) it's on the screen where you choose your characters and recipes before going into battle, by the "Onward" button.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Do the quests at the EX Lab.

Scrap Dragon posted:

It won’t let me download the update either. It’s not even giving me an error code

Edit: Canceling the download and then restarting it by hitting start on the game icon and choosing “Software Update - Via the Internet” seems(?) to have fixed it

That's happened to me with some downloads I've done in the past month or two. Hell I bought Blossom Tales last night, closed the eShop and there was a blank icon with an X on the download bar, I selected it and it said there was an error, I chose to download again, and it started right up. It's weird.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I reset the cache but then I just hit “Continue” when it said there was an error and it worked for some reason.

Edit: new enemy types?

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1405905179858247682?s=21

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Edit: new enemy types?

Giant Chus and Moblins with Bombs I saw in the trailer. Also stronger Wizzrobes?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I had the same downloading issue a few days ago, but I had figured it was due to Groove Coaster getting delisted because a DLC song said the gently caress word and raised the ESRB rating. I managed to fix it with the bizzare step of canceling the patch download for The Longing.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Does DLC 1 feel worthwhile on its own or am I better off waiting for November to get a ton of content at once?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is the Invading Terrors mission even possible without having Mipha at level 100

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MonsieurChoc posted:

It looks like there are EX missions with ? weapons as rewards, I’m gonna guess those are the ones that give you the weapons.

Edit: I’m wrong, apparently.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 18, 2021

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Is the Invading Terrors mission even possible without having Mipha at level 100

I've done it before but it took multiple attempts. Be aggressive with the specials and don't hesitate to use the elemental rods.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Postman posted:

Does DLC 1 feel worthwhile on its own or am I better off waiting for November to get a ton of content at once?
It's longer than you'd think in the sense that it doesn't just drop the new weapons and character on your lap as soon as you start it. Like i'm 5 hours in and I still have a node or two in the ancient lab map thing before I unlock the chance to unlock the guardian.

While some of the other small features things you can unlock are nice if you enjoy the game, there is no plot or anything, so you may be better off waiting for both if you want a decent amount of content all at once. Going to be a bit of a grind to get to the end of the unlockable stuff if you want, and there is a chance that the second DLC ups the weapon rank cap again, and is built around you having hit the increased weapon rank cap in this DLC to survive parts of it.

One thing I do like about the new weapons is that instead of being Rank 1 through 3 in ascending power being the main difference, they are all the same power but one being standard/balanced, one being attack focused, one being defense focused. It's a nice touch.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 18, 2021

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I can't believe the DLC added weapon durability.

(The flail weapon can "copy" enemy weapons with the ZR button, it changes the flail's moveset until the weapon breaks, and you have to wait a bit before you can grab another one.)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

The Postman posted:

Context: I enjoyed the base game a lot but didn't 100% it. After I unlocked Terrako it just felt like a grind to keep going.

The DLC is good! The flail is fun and super powerful. The tech lab seems to have lots of new missions to unlock, and most of them are rated for way higher levels than I got my squad to 6 months ago, so now I have a little motivation to finish the map and play more with some of the characters I neglected before.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So, just so I know I'm right here, for the majority of weapons, the new strongest base level 1 power is 76 now, right?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Did the bosses always use to have little titles above their names?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Scrap Dragon posted:

Did the bosses always use to have little titles above their names?

I don’t think so. They’re kinda funny though!

Also they added a blacksmithing guide to the blacksmith, probably helpful for newbies.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

mabels big day posted:

So, just so I know I'm right here, for the majority of weapons, the new strongest base level 1 power is 76 now, right?

I just now got 77 base power on a Royal Broadsword and a Savage Lynel Spear from a mission with 2 Vicious enemies.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm chipping away through DE slowly, almost done with the master quest map and gently caress me sideways the "don't get hit" mission for zelda's t3 royal scepter weapon is miserable - got all the way to the end and got slapped twice in less than a second by the boss and a dinolfos who jumped in on me from offscreen

was not impressed

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I just now got 77 base power on a Royal Broadsword and a Savage Lynel Spear from a mission with 2 Vicious enemies.

I've seen higher numbers for Link's weapons, but specifically all of the other characters I have yet to see higher than 76

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Are the unlocks for the weapons and the guardian character all at the end of the chart? or are they mixed around? I haven't beaten the game yet and am working on the DLC as I go now, so I want to know where I'm aiming for those...