Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

People in helos suck a lot less than they used to. I think I probably fired off two dozen stingers in a match on Paracel Storm last night and didn't hit a fuckin thing.

Don’t use stingers, use the IGLAs. You have to hold the lock but I believe they do more damage and have like 100-200 meters more range. You also want to make sure you aren’t shooting from max range because a half decent pilot will simply run away from where they were locked on from until their ECM recharges.

Also I was reminded (by using them) just how inconsistent shotguns in BF4 can be yesterday. They can work really well but also not at all at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kibayasu posted:

Also I was reminded (by using them) just how inconsistent shotguns in BF4 can be yesterday. They can work really well but also not at all at the same time.

Well at least that is better than CoD Cold War where they are utterly useless outside of 10 feet.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So according to Jackfrags collecting rumors and comments the new zone is confirmed to NOT be a BR and is very likely a Tarkov-like.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Kibayasu posted:

Don’t use stingers, use the IGLAs. You have to hold the lock but I believe they do more damage and have like 100-200 meters more range. You also want to make sure you aren’t shooting from max range because a half decent pilot will simply run away from where they were locked on from until their ECM recharges.

Any decent pilot will also be able to juke or train the missile into an obstacle.

Also yeah the shotguns are really drat sad coming back to BF4 from BF1

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

Any decent pilot will also be able to juke or train the missile into an obstacle.

Also yeah the shotguns are really drat sad coming back to BF4 from BF1

Saiga w/ frag rounds is still my jam. It's a total dumb gimmick loadout, but still pretty fuckin fun to run around with. Shotguns suck rear end anyway, so just suppress the gently caress outta dudes. The splash damage can be surprisingly effective for corners. You really need to hit body shots to do any real effective damage and will be outclassed pretty drat fast by basically anything else. You'll also burn through ammo like crazy, so either run around as a shotgun support, hope you have a competent support player, or just rely on dying a lot to restock your ammo.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I've been playing BF4 recently, and I had forgotten how lazy the callouts are lmao.

"Theres, uh, an enemy, uh, to your north"

Like, A+ realism there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

jisforjosh posted:

Shooting helicopters with launchers is never reliable but you may as well at least make it as reliable as possible. Also there’s not much cover on Paracel Storm for helicopters unless they’re around the carrier or tower in the north.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

RocketRaygun posted:

I've been playing BF4 recently, and I had forgotten how lazy the callouts are lmao.

Like, A+ realism there.

In BF1 one of the Italian guys just starts coughing. Honestly these are the voice lines I like the most!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The other day when I got to sit down and have an actual session, I had one round where I knocked like 2 or 3 lil birds with the attack boat. Then in the next round i shot about 4 more out of the sky with the tank and that's definitely the most satisfying battlefield kill there is.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

dog nougat posted:

I'm down af for this. Just re-downloaded BF4 the other day. Hoo-boy am I bad at this now. PSN is dog_nougat

Friend request sent

I'm Inspect0r_Hound on PSN, yes that's a zero I got in late ok

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

RocketRaygun posted:

Like, A+ realism there.

4's VO always felt really neutered compared to the rest of the series for whatever reason, getting mowed down by a US soldier and all he can muster is "I hope that hurt. :geno: "

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Just experienced getting stomped in a Caspian Border 2014 match, 1100-0.

Pain.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kazinsal posted:

Just experienced getting stomped in a Caspian Border 2014 match, 1100-0.

Pain.

That’s when it is time to find a nice corner of the map and just start a new life chopping wood or something.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I've been playing some BFV just trying to get used to BF gameplay. I generally just play CS with goons, but if anyone is interested in just casually playing some pubbie games and learning how to use guns, please add me on origin?

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

It is amazing how bad the default weapons for the Support and Engineer are

Is there any up to date guide on which weapons are good or at least, not crap?

The United States posted:

I can't do anywhere this well but drat I forgot just how FAST BF4 was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NvOjxx8Sf4

drat either that guy did nothing else but play that game for years, or he has a good (read: subtle) aimbot :stare:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

codo27 posted:

The other day when I got to sit down and have an actual session, I had one round where I knocked like 2 or 3 lil birds with the attack boat. Then in the next round i shot about 4 more out of the sky with the tank and that's definitely the most satisfying battlefield kill there is.

Tanks are the best AA vehicle.

Prove me wrong. :colbert:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
secret best AA vehicle is the RHIB and its minigun

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Chikimiki posted:

This is still accurate to my knowledge and there's a weapon/attachment section

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/40x7f0/you_are_new_to_bf4_or_you_are_rejoining_us_here/

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How do you even share your profile proper for BF4? I have the same name on Origin I'm p sure

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chronojam posted:

In BF1 one of the Italian guys just starts coughing. Honestly these are the voice lines I like the most!

The German voice actors all had to do push ups and carry heavy weights while recording their lines to make it sound more realistic

https://youtu.be/8sZMSBtSFrg

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chikimiki posted:

drat either that guy did nothing else but play that game for years, or he has a good (read: subtle) aimbot :stare:

Looks like he’s definitely cheating. Just spinning around and headshotting people he couldn’t possibly have known were there.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

RCarr posted:

Looks like he’s definitely cheating. Just spinning around and headshotting people he couldn’t possibly have known were there.

You’d be surprised. It looks like gameplay from relaa, not sure why they cropped out his name.

https://youtu.be/6-Kt2duNKtY

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

RCarr posted:

If you watch some of the top plays of BF4 players in 2021 that never stopped playing, this is fairly routine

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RCarr posted:

Nah, these are just people that do nothing but practice day and night. You see the same thing in any competitive setting for an FPS. He doesn't need to "know" any one is around after jumping around a corner half blind because he has trained his reflexes to such a high degree that he can react faster than 99% of people playing in public games. On top of that he knows exactly how much he needs to move his mouse to go from X to Y, how long he needs to hold on target after that mouse move, and how much he needs to compensate for a gun's kick so he effectively has no recoil. As always its just a ridiculous amount of dedication to a video game.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it's caffeine and ritalin

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zzulu posted:

it's caffeine and ritalin

The classic esports cocktail

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Alright you pencil neck geeks, who's doing some PC BF4 tonight? Same name on Origin

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I probably will later tonight, same name here. Has anyone started a discord or are we fighting with mumble for old times sake?

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Nah, these are just people that do nothing but practice day and night. You see the same thing in any competitive setting for an FPS. He doesn't need to "know" any one is around after jumping around a corner half blind because he has trained his reflexes to such a high degree that he can react faster than 99% of people playing in public games. On top of that he knows exactly how much he needs to move his mouse to go from X to Y, how long he needs to hold on target after that mouse move, and how much he needs to compensate for a gun's kick so he effectively has no recoil. As always its just a ridiculous amount of dedication to a video game.

This is why I don’t play multiplayer games anymore. Had a friend tried to get me into Apex Legends and I just…can’t. I cannot compete against people who play the game like it’s their full time job. I get maybe 2-3 hours a night for video games- maybe 3-4 days a week lol.

Battlefield is different because I just like goofing around on the 64 player servers enjoying the chaos. Though it does still suck if the teams are massively unbalanced and you get smoked the moment you leave the spawn.

But the “competitive” shooters like CoD, Overwatch, Battle Royal games? I can’t compete with that poo poo and have fun anymore.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm in at least 4 or 5 different goon discords already so we need to start making use of one of the existing ones

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
BF1 owns

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did you link the wrong clip?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RCarr posted:

Did you link the wrong clip?

Look closer at what happens at 7 seconds.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Look closer at what happens at 7 seconds.

This, its easy to miss but sure as hell noticed it when playing.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh drat, I never realized BF4 had a whole bunch of pretty detailed customization options for the HUD. Cranking up the HUD scale to match my resolution and giving the crosshair a colour can actually see makes things feel a lot better. Still getting murdered a bunch, but at least now I can get into positive K/D regularly again.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Does Battlelog just not work for loadouts now? I changed everything while I was working, applied, saved etc. Got home to play and nothing was set up

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

jisforjosh posted:

Does Battlelog just not work for loadouts now? I changed everything while I was working, applied, saved etc. Got home to play and nothing was set up

Yeah it seems to be just broken. Whenever I try to save it says "incompatible selections" or something like that.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The United States posted:

secret best AA vehicle is the RHIB and its minigun

McRhibbing it up rules. Load it with an IGLA and support guy for a ton of fun.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I think most of that stuff is broken for bf4 now. Hooked up with a goon last night from discord, but I just use the in game server browser and stuff now instead of Blog. I'm using this new EA desktop beta app instead of origin, and it seemed to use a totally different friends system all together. I couldn't see or accept his invite until I relaunched in origin. And even then we both had to restart the game again before we could see each other. And even then squad building in the menu was out of the question, I had to just join a server and let him join on me... and they put him on the other team. It did keep us together once we got in the same squad though.

I was trying to edit my emblem as well in blog, and it kept telling me to switch to the companion app. That linked me to a website that looked like it was formatted for mobile, that didn't seem to acknowledge the existence of bf4 at all even though the popup assured me all my emblems and such would be carried over. That site linked to the companion app from the Windows store but when clicking on that, it just says it's unavailable unless you have a key. Thankful the game works at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

That ea desktop app is one of the worst programs I've ever used. Electron is a scourge