Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

It's not Kang. We've had two series now where we all speculated on the surprise mystery character would be and it didn't happen. It's not Kang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The T in TVA secretly stands for Tenenbaum. The time keepers are Chas, Margot, and Richie.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kazil posted:

It's not Kang. We've had two series now where we all speculated on the surprise mystery character would be and it didn't happen. It's not Kang.

Mephisto! Mephisto! Council of Mephisto!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

kazil posted:

My guesses are that Renslayer or Old Loki are behind it all.

Renslayer cuz she discovered the Time Keepers are no more, and was pushed to continue the charade out of fear of the TVA going to hell or disappearing. So she doesn't know how the Sacred Time line ends and just using whatever the lizards left behind.

Old Loki is a variant that actually did what our current Loki wants to do. He is pulling a Wizard of Oz and tricking everyone. The reason the TVA has have "killed" so many variant Lokis is because Old Loki knows the only person who can find out the secret is himself, so he is making sure the Sacred Timeline always has Loki dying and there are no variants running around. :v:

But it's probably going to be the three magical lizards actually being big assholes.

Oh, and by the last episode Mobius is gonna ride a jet-ski as he heroically saves the TVA.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

The Time Keepers are Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh, and by the last episode Mobius is gonna ride a jet-ski as he heroically saves the TVA.

Nah, last episode after everything is saved he’s gonna take Ravonna to a lake and they’re gonna recreate the scene from Eastbound and Down where Kenny has the topless chick on his jet ski.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
The original TVA was infiltrated and taken over by Loki variants long ago. At this point they're all Lokis playing their parts and biding their time, unaware that they're surrounded by variants of themself.

It's Lokis all the way down.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm interested in what the rest of the season will be and if Loki will end up returning to work for the TVA in any capacity. Loki in that stagnant role as TVA lackey probably couldn't last very long because it leaves the character without anyone to stab in the back, so pulling him out of there within one episode seems like a smart move even as it leaves me blindsided as to where this is possibly going to go.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Sammus posted:

Nah, last episode after everything is saved he’s gonna take Ravonna to a lake and they’re gonna recreate the scene from Eastbound and Down where Kenny has the topless chick on his jet ski.

Arist posted:

I'm interested in what the rest of the season will be and if Loki will end up returning to work for the TVA in any capacity. Loki in that stagnant role as TVA lackey probably couldn't last very long because it leaves the character without anyone to stab in the back, so pulling him out of there within one episode seems like a smart move even as it leaves me blindsided as to where this is possibly going to go.

The big probably confirmed by the director/or a producer rumors is that Loki will be a show with multiple seasons. If so I'm also wondering if they are gonna keep the TVA thing, or do something entirely differently (but god, I hope they keep Owen Wilson around . He is fantastic!)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kang is more believable due to already being cast and announced to be in a future movie, and his thing is all about time. Though ideas that he's one of the time keepers outside of superficial resemblance to one of the Time Keepers is a bit silly. Also Ravenna is his partner in a lot of comics. Though if Kang does show up I figure it will be either on a screen or some other offhand mention. I doubt he'll burst in with his green kimono and big purple go go boots going "I AM KANG THE CONQUER BOW BEFORE ME!"

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lol is that east bound and down

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm goin' to kablooie(s)!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

kazil posted:

OK but have you considered: It's Kang.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Kang is exactly the kind of thing the TVA tries to prevent.

The problem with Kang is that once he exists, he always exists, and he is really, really good at time fuckery.

Destroying the TVA: Do you want Kang? Because that's how you get Kang.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 19, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The best odds are probably that Kang's a post credit tease.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Desperado Bones posted:

The big probably confirmed by the director/or a producer rumors is that Loki will be a show with multiple seasons. If so I'm also wondering if they are gonna keep the TVA thing, or do something entirely differently (but god, I hope they keep Owen Wilson around . He is fantastic!)

Really hoping this is true and we get 20 seasons of CSI Loki

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I hope that the guy they got to play Kang has a lot of range and enough on screen presence to carry a show. There's so much that can be done with that character.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ftfy

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I am more than a little disappointed that we didn’t get to see the origin of this guy in Pompeii.

Also, was it just me or was the TVA file room a bit of an homage to the big hotel DragonCon is held at?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A.o.D. posted:

I hope that the guy they got to play Kang has a lot of range and enough on screen presence to carry a show. There's so much that can be done with that character.

He was really good as the main guy on Lovecraft Country (where Wunmi Mosaku also shows up)

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

CaptainCrunch posted:

Also, was it just me or was the TVA file room a bit of an homage to the big hotel DragonCon is held at?

Probably not intentionally - they just filmed it in the same building.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Robot Style posted:

Probably not intentionally - they just filmed it in the same building.

Ah yes. Those “Made in Georgia” production credits.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Having seen interior photos of that hotel, it's trippy as hell and kind of perfect for the vibe this show wants.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait - that's it?

Waititi wasn't sufficiently respectful to sparkle vampires? L O and may I be very clear here L.

Oh i have no idea why that poster dislikes Waititi so much.

I personally enjoy what hes done with thor!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Oh i have no idea why that poster dislikes Waititi so much.

I personally enjoy what hes done with thor!

I always wanted to emptyquote you and now I have finall

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Many pages late for this, I know, but I can't believe people were fixating about future-Walmart having mundane household goods for sale, and not the fact that complete ecological collapse was still in the cards for the Sacred Timeline. A timeline filled with technological and magical geniuses.

If, as people are speculating, this is how they're going to get the F4 back into the timeline, and it's because the Timekeepers are deliberately keeping them shut out, it would actually be a decent way in to addressing the "why doesn't Reed Richards actually do something loving useful to address a real-world issue for once" problem.

I mean, obviously he could go about it in a roundabout way, like using all the excess atmospheric carbon as a side effect of creating a massive diamond bullet to slay God.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I legit thought that elevator ride was 100% CG.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
So, I was rewatching the Miss Minutes explanation and noticed that, for an agency that operates through all time and space, the TVA is pretty human-centric

All of time and space and their agents are exclusively human/oids? No Kree, Skrulls, or even the asparagus aliens that Phoenix made extinct.

Possible plot-point or maybe next episode we'll see all of the non-human agents helping contain the chaos Lady Loki caused?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Is that why this looks so familiar?! I stayed there once as a kid. There’s a hotel in DC that looks like that too, right over one of the train stations

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kal-L posted:

So, I was rewatching the Miss Minutes explanation and noticed that, for an agency that operates through all time and space, the TVA is pretty human-centric

All of time and space and their agents are exclusively human/oids? No Kree, Skrulls, or even the asparagus aliens that Phoenix made extinct.

Possible plot-point or maybe next episode we'll see all of the non-human agents helping contain the chaos Lady Loki caused?

They're not human. Maybe they look like whatever species they're processing at the moment?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Desperado Bones posted:

My guesses are that Renslayer or Old Loki are behind it all.

Renslayer cuz she discovered the Time Keepers are no more, and was pushed to continue the charade out of fear of the TVA going to hell or disappearing. So she doesn't know how the Sacred Time line ends and just using whatever the lizards left behind.

Old Loki is a variant that actually did what our current Loki wants to do. He is pulling a Wizard of Oz and tricking everyone. The reason the TVA has have "killed" so many variant Lokis is because Old Loki knows the only person who can find out the secret is himself, so he is making sure the Sacred Timeline always has Loki dying and there are no variants running around. :v:

I mostly agree, but will take it a step further. Old Loki plays the Timekeepers via illusions and functions as their representative to the rest of the TVA. Renslayer runs the agents and missions. But the entity that actually runs the TVA is Ms. Minutes. Or, rather, the pitiless artificial intelligence that calls itself Ms. Minutes.

And Ms. Minutes isn't Ultron with his megalomania and daddy issues. "She" is more of a pure AI. If you tell a pure AI you want to reduce poverty in some area by 50%, you're wanting stimulus finding, jobs programs or education. Instead, the AI deploys drone to kill half the households who have incomes below or barely above the poverty line. Because that's how AIs tend to think - the method that will produce that fastest, most efficient solution to the problem at hand.

One of the cooler bits from Person of Interest was how much Harold Finch struggled with trying to teach The Machine ethics and morality so it wouldn't do poo poo like that.

According to what Ms. Minutes told Loki, the Timekeepers' problem was "How do we prevent another Multiverse war?" To Ms. Minutes the obvious solution is to just prevent another multiverse.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

A.o.D. posted:

They're not human. Maybe they look like whatever species they're processing at the moment?

Maybe they're fish.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Everyone posted:

And Ms. Minutes isn't Ultron with his megalomania and daddy issues. "She" is more of a pure AI. If you tell a pure AI you want to reduce poverty in some area by 50%, you're wanting stimulus finding, jobs programs or education. Instead, the AI deploys drone to kill half the households who have incomes below or barely above the poverty line. Because that's how AIs tend to think - the method that will produce that fastest, most efficient solution to the problem at hand.

Technically, if you want pure efficiency, the AI would kill a handful of multi-billionaires and redistribute their wealth. The AI would see that there is technically no lack of resources to provide a humane lifestyle, those resources are just held by an illogically small amount of people who aren’t even doing anything with it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

pik_d posted:

OK but have you considered: It's Kang.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Marsupial Ape posted:

Technically, if you want pure efficiency, the AI would kill a handful of multi-billionaires and redistribute their wealth. The AI would see that there is technically no lack of resources to provide a humane lifestyle, those resources are just held by an illogically small amount of people who aren’t even doing anything with it.

What exactly makes you think that other people don't have that urge but lack the opportunity? Redistribution of wealth will coalesce into new focii, up to whatever arbitrary limits you impose. Oopsie!

Turns out it's man.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

I mostly agree, but will take it a step further. Old Loki plays the Timekeepers via illusions and functions as their representative to the rest of the TVA. Renslayer runs the agents and missions. But the entity that actually runs the TVA is Ms. Minutes. Or, rather, the pitiless artificial intelligence that calls itself Ms. Minutes.

One of the cooler bits from Person of Interest was how much Harold Finch struggled with trying to teach The Machine ethics and morality so it wouldn't do poo poo like that.

According to what Ms. Minutes told Loki, the Timekeepers' problem was "How do we prevent another Multiverse war?" To Ms. Minutes the obvious solution is to just prevent another multiverse.

lol I'm just finishing up a rewatch of PoI. That was such a good show.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Killer robot posted:

Maybe they're fish.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

A.o.D. posted:

There's a Skrull in the first episode being processed by humans.