Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I love candy and i love to buy candy at the store while doing other things, and eat it all before my family knows I have it

what do you get? what's the best

Gummy

chocolate

hard candy

chewy & fruity

sour

mint

weird poo poo

chalk

cinnamon

peanut butter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

you can also share non-american candy, as long as it tastes good and isn't just weird

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Where my Charleston Chew heads at. Pop that poo poo in the freezer hoo boy

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'M THE GUY WHO WILL BUY THE NECCO WAFERS IF HE SEES THEM

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I’d put that in the chalk category

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

skittles/chewy sprees/rainbow nerds/bit o' honey

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Reese's Cups are disgusting monster peanut butter cased in not good chocolate and that's why they're my impulse buy.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Dollar Trees around me have Twizzler style, Sunkist Orange Soda and A&W Root Beer varieties, and boy howdy is that some good poo poo.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

But Haribo Twin Snakes are the realest

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Chief McHeath posted:

Dollar Trees around me have Twizzler style, Sunkist Orange Soda and A&W Root Beer varieties, and boy howdy is that some good poo poo.

Dollar Tree is the pro choice for stocking up on candy for the movie theater.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
smarties are called rockets where i live

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

heehee posted:

smarties are called rockets where i live

I've never had Canadian commonwealth Smarties. They look like milk chocolate M&Ms, which I don't care for. How do they compare??

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i like Milka-Bars but only require one bite to satisfy me, i keep the rest in the fridge

also on the subject of checkout aisles, what happened to the good tabloids? the ones with poo poo like Bat Boy, Devil's Graveyard and I Saw Jesus in Toast

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fartington Butts posted:

I'M THE GUY WHO WILL BUY THE NECCO WAFERS IF HE SEES THEM

Me too, especially the chocolate ones

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Nerds for sure, nerds rope also. I have been known to enjoy a butterfinger or two. Airheads are good when you shove like 3 of them in your mouth at once and they all glom up in your mouth and you are profusely salivating as you roll through the stop sign going "hseeeh, heeehs" trying to suck all the sugary spit down while also making a hard right turn cause you almost missed it when you were trying to distingusish the individual flavors of the airhaeds you have in your mouth.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mlnhd posted:

I've never had Canadian commonwealth Smarties. They look like milk chocolate M&Ms, which I don't care for. How do they compare??

smarties are way better than m&ms.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Chief McHeath posted:

But Haribo Twin Snakes are the realest

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i like Milka-Bars but only require one bite to satisfy me, i keep the rest in the fridge

also on the subject of checkout aisles, what happened to the good tabloids? the ones with poo poo like Bat Boy, Devil's Graveyard and I Saw Jesus in Toast

The English royals are barely believable enough that they all just stick to that.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
My wife says that nerds are basically edible rocks. She's right, but they are delicious!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Heath Bar is the classy option. :wotwot:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

peanut M&M's are where it's at.. If I'm feeling extra feisty, I go for the bigger bag.

Also, Oh! Henry's with Reese's peanut butter filling. :hai:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
chalk or mint. some mints are also chalks too tbh.

on extreme rare occasions i will get something with white chocolate, like a zero bar, or cookies n cream bar

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
All kit kat varieties are top tier but I think Take 5 is the perfect candy bar

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
jujubes are good as gently caress once you figure out how to eat them. you chew in very short quick little spurts. like staccato chewing. if you try to mow down on a mouthful you're gonna get that poo poo cemented to your molars. i used to eat so many god drat jujubes

the candy i miss the most are red raspberry dollars. sure every tom dick and jane candy shop makes their own knockoff raspberry dollars but i've had them all and none of them hold a candle to that heide original poo poo

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

big dyke energy posted:

All kit kat varieties are top tier but I think Take 5 is the perfect candy bar

Take 5 is Reese's branded now and uses their sweeter peanut butter. Not sure how I feel about it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
dots are a grandpa candy but years ago they released BAT DOTS for halloween which were black as the night is dark and singularly flavored like blood orange and being a limited time new offering were fresh and springy and sweet and perfect instead of having the texture of melted tires please bat dots spread your wings again and fly into my mouth

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

tetsuo posted:

Reese's Cups are disgusting monster peanut butter cased in not good chocolate and that's why they're my impulse buy.

I'm going to kill you.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
oh wait, read the rest of your post

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Australian brand of licorice, but the black all sorts.
Good God it's like black licorice mixed with cake frosting I can't stop

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

mlnhd posted:

How do you even confuse Smarties and M&Ms? One is a little roll of sugar chalk and the other is a bag of candy coated chocolate? Do these brands make something completely different in bizzaro land or am I having a stroke?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Fastbreak

Payday

cast closed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*euro voice* ah, i am be of coming to village grocer. upon i spy? this treat? this fortnight i shall purchase an Skoldnachtör, delicious confection of fine chocolates for my betrothed and growing offspring! they will celebrate this day for ages to come! Mazel tov!!!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Twenty Four posted:

How do you even confuse Smarties and M&Ms? One is a little roll of sugar chalk and the other is a bag of candy coated chocolate? Do these brands make something completely different in bizzaro land or am I having a stroke?

brits gotta be special as usual

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

yeah this is basic knowledge in international candy cuisine.

it's like not knowing that m. bison is named vega in japan

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

WEH posted:

brits gotta be special as usual

Nah, it's americans who are special. Smarties are chocolate in Australia as well.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yoloer420 posted:

Nah, it's americans who are special. Smarties are chocolate in Australia as well.

uh.. u do realize.. nm

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I got gummy worms at the grocery store today

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I would kill for an almond joy right now

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I like licorice and ginger candies, the flavor of both is intense and unique and pairs well with the sweetness of pure sugar. I know a few people that like ginger candies as well, but nobody else who likes licorice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yoloer420 posted:

Chocolate here in Canada too.

I always hated Smarties as a kid but I like them now, and I think they're better than M&Ms. The chocolate is better quality and the candy shell is a tiny bit thicker. Plus the shape is more appealing to me somehow.