Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

The only thing that I can guess is that they didn't want to spend more time on an anime for a manga that was already over, so the crew was told to wrap it up in a season.

Yeah, the boost from an anime for a manga's sales tend to peak when the manga is ongoing. There are exceptions (Demon Slayer), but in general, anime tend to go with ongoing manga, not ones that are long finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, the boost from an anime for a manga's sales tend to peak when the manga is ongoing. There are exceptions (Demon Slayer), but in general, anime tend to go with ongoing manga, not ones that are long finished.

But the second season only started a year after the manga ended - it hasn't been that long

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Willo567 posted:

But the second season only started a year after the manga ended - it hasn't been that long

No, but if they did more standard pacing, you'd have another two years before a third season, and likely another two for a fourth, pretty much killing the momentum from the end of the series. It's part of why so many manga, even best sellers, only got half an adaptation.

Trying to rush so much was partially an attempt to finish the anime while the iron was still hot.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hnQOO8Y1Ck0&feature=youtu.be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Uzumaki has been delayed to October 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You could almost say the production was... cursed.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

chiasaur11 posted:

You could almost say the production was... cursed.

Now I'm imagining that one episode of Paranoia Agent but with spirals everywhere.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

On the positive side the little bit of animation they showed off fits perfectly for what most people wanted out of this, it's not a motion comic like Way of the Househusband but everything is framed in that black and white style.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Uzumaki is gonna be Toonami’s Duke Nukem Forever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Toonami 2021: Uzumaki isn't coming, I can't believe it!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

Uzumaki is gonna be Toonami’s Duke Nukem Forever

I'm here to kick rear end and be scary and I'm all out of rear end.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JT Jag posted:

On the positive side the little bit of animation they showed off fits perfectly for what most people wanted out of this, it's not a motion comic like Way of the Househusband but everything is framed in that black and white style.

If the entire thing is that quality of animation I am pretty excited, because I was really expecting a motion comic.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Preview clip gave me goosebumps. I don't engage with much horror media directly, but maybe I should give Uzumaki a chance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1405201001817296905?s=19

Fena this summer, it's likely the next thing up on the block after Yashahime.

E: Dr. Stone is going to be the next opening after Neverland, right?

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 16, 2021

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Yes, Dr. Stone seems to be next to wrap up after Promised Neverland. I forget if it's last week of July or first week of August.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

fit em all up in there posted:

Toonami Line Up as of 6/8/2021:

M-H-A S5: Ongoing, 7 episodes still to air.
Dr.Stone S2: 11 episodes, 7 remaining. (Expected end date: July 25th)
Food Wars S3: 24 episodes, 9 remain (Expected end date: August 8th)
The Promised Neverland: 11 episodes , 2 remain(expected end date: June 20th
Black Clover S3 and S4: Season 3 has 154 episodes, 1 remains. (expected end date: June 13th)
-Season 4 has 16 episodes. 16 remains (expected end date: October 10th)
Naruto: 500 episodes, 155 remain.(expected end date: May 26....2024)
AOT:16 episodes total, 10 episodes remain(expected end date: August 15th)
Super:132 episodes total. 13 episodes remain(Expected end date: September 8th)

The new Inuyasha show has: 24 episodes and is still ongoing. S1 has finished, and has 24 episodes (expected end date: December 12th)

Heres show end dates

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And assuming Food Wars continues after Season 3:

Season 4 has 12 episodes, projected ending date October 31
Season 5 has 13 episodes, projected ending date January 30

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 5 is not currently dubbed to my knowledge

2reachmu
Jul 30, 2005

SA-MART
SUCCESS
STORY

Mons Hubris posted:

If the entire thing is that quality of animation I am pretty excited, because I was really expecting a motion comic.

The rotoscoping was a bit odd, I'll take it though.

They're going to have to nail an adaptation of his eventually. It's like 2/15 at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Demon Slayer movie finally hits streaming on Tuesday.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Can't wait to see the epic conclusion to the Promised Neverland. I'll need to take some pictures

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - Momo & Co. get ruthlessly poo poo on by a combination of illegal biological warfare and lackluster writing. Seriously, you get the impression that the writer has something against her.

Dr. Stone - After re-inventing the DeLorean, we took off screaming up the tech tree at 88 mph in order to research Carbon-fiber Plating and turn our flintstones-rear end car into a flintstones-rear end APC. Unfortunately, our upcoming raid to rescue Chrome is gonna go really loving badly, because it turns out Tsukasa actually anticipated this bullshit and has ringed his compound with anti-vehicle defenses, in the form of punji-stake pits.

Food Wars - Soma trains for his upcoming Mortal Kombat fight against Nazi Spice, AKA Akira, which will involve having to use bear meat. He's gonna have help from Agent 47, but oh no! Akira intends to unleash his secret technique: CAJUN SPICES! Meanwhile, Megumi & the Super Mario Brothers are gonna have to go up against Schroedinger's weird cousin.

The Promised Neverland - We busted back in to the farm complex to rescue Phil & the others, because the treachery & peril we thought we were in last time turned out to be a false-flag op to misinform the demons. And then Isabella was back with an MP5! But then all the moms turned traitor and were gonna help us break out again. But then the demon army showed up to kill us all! But then there was a demonic peasant uprising (yes, really) and it suddenly wasn't an issue anymore. It... it was all kind of a screaming trainwreck.

Black Clover Episode 154: The Skullcrusher Mountain of Dr. Moreau - Falcon-con once again returns to the Mountain, after having been absent for several years due to various plague outbreaks.

THE PROMISED NEVERLAND ENDS TONIGHT

JT Jag posted:

Ok, gonna be real here:

For those of us in this thread who wanna read the manga, the last episode of the anime is bad in such a specific way that it'll make the experience of the manga worse. Be warned.
I... I believe I may need to step outside tonight some time around 1:30, and I may be a while.

It has been 25 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm torn because I was planning to marathon the manga this week but didn't get around to it.

But also I'm kind of curious to see firsthand how it can be so bad it will ruin my reading experience.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm curious to see how it ends because it sounds like a major part of the manga's ending just... didn't get included, so I don't even know how they can conclude it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hello

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Tonight - The finale of The Promised Neverlands Season 2

https://i.imgur.com/gfJhiVB.mp4

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I have successfully survived one full week of employment, and also found out that I’ve got borderline low-T and my thyroid is megafucked. I’ve earned my Toonami this week! :toot:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

I think I'll at least record the finale via DVR. And then maybe someday, after I've read the manga all the way through, I'll decide to sit down and watch it and see just how much of a screaming plane crash it is. Or maybe I'll delete it and decide my life is better for not having experienced it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I forgot there was gonna be a Juneteenth Black Dynamite marathon or I would’ve watched more than just this one episode

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Argus Zant posted:

I think I'll at least record the finale via DVR. And then maybe someday, after I've read the manga all the way through, I'll decide to sit down and watch it and see just how much of a screaming plane crash it is. Or maybe I'll delete it and decide my life is better for not having experienced it.

Watch it live and it'll make the manga 10000% more enjoyable.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm probably the world's only Monoma fan and I haven't watched a single episode of this season.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

Watch it live and it'll make the manga 10000% more enjoyable.

Well now I don't know who the gently caress to believe.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Last time on mha

War crimes

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
drat, these ambulance bots have no bedside manner.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

I. M. Gei posted:

I have successfully survived one full week of employment, and also found out that I’ve got borderline low-T and my thyroid is megafucked. I’ve earned my Toonami this week! :toot:

I had low-T for a bit which was because of Vitamin D deficiency. Taking a Vitamin D supplement or getting some more sun might help out.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
A broken record that needs to be set on fire.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I am here without startling you.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I am here!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

I am here.