Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
do it, you rat bastard!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

im telling you, goons: put horseradish on ur mac and cheese.
i have been putting mustard in mine for years so this is probably my jam

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

President Beep posted:

do it, you rat bastard!!!

well i was going to until you called me a rat bastard

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
maybe i'll split the difference and add some wasabi

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh, gently caress. that’ll be next.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

i have been putting mustard in mine for years so this is probably my jam

yea i like to add a lil spoon of snobstard to mine

i don't want horseradish in it though sry2say

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The only thing I will be putting on mac and cheese is sriracha.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

yea i like to add a lil spoon of snobstard to mine

i don't want horseradish in it though sry2say

u r missing out

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The only thing I will be putting on mac and cheese is sriracha.

fuuuck. must try this too.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

u r missing out

fuuuck. must try this too.

i’m not, you can have all the horse cheese you can handle. i’m not being a purist or anything, i like to add inclusions to my mac and cheese too, horseradish just isn’t one of them.

if i do add something it’s usually like roasted cherry tomatoes with bacon and an herb. also partial to other roasted veg.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I had a friend growing up who had polish grandparents and breakfast on easter was A Thing and so his grandpa would make a whole spread including scrambled eggs with an absolutely loving nuclear amount of horseradish in it. they fuckin' ruled.

I mean I love horseradish and make my own but grandpa joe absolutely did not gently caress around

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

no

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

put horseradish on ur mac and cheese.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't remember the last time i had mac and cheese

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im not gonna put horseradish on it next time though :twisted:

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

mediaphage posted:

what do you like to make? for a standard loaf of lean bread or pizza dough i will do:

yeah mostly everything is lean-dough centric in my mind.

i learned how to make bread from the cartoon illustrations in molly katzen's enchanted broccoli forest.

it's very hippy dippy, very 1982 alternative lifestyle, very just do it by feel.

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.

quiche with smoked salmon, goat cheese, dill, garlic, shallot, and what was in the fridge, viz. broccoli, asparagus, spinach. I didn't account for how salty the salmon was going to be, next time I'll ease up on the salt in the filling.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Nevergirls posted:

quiche with smoked salmon, goat cheese, dill, garlic, shallot, and what was in the fridge, viz. broccoli, asparagus, spinach. I didn't account for how salty the salmon was going to be, next time I'll ease up on the salt in the filling.

:hellyeah:

is that a pate brisee crust?

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
Dunno. I am a pastry novice. I didn't want sugar in the crust so I followed this recipe and stopped short of going all the way to "mealy".

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Nevergirls posted:

Dunno. I am a pastry novice. I didn't want sugar in the crust so I followed this recipe and stopped short of going all the way to "mealy".

that's the one, looks great!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
for lunch i had a piece of tilapia over veg and rice. dinner was four small street tacos

we eatin like a bird these days and with the exercise jag the pounds are _melting_ off

feels good, man.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nevergirls posted:

classic pie dough! that’s pretty much how i make all pie crusts sweet or savoury. easy to remember as a 3:2:1 crust, or 3 parts flour, 2 parts butter, 1 part water by weight.

either way ur quiche looks good. i love quiche

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
for father's day i get to make whatever i want for dinner

roasted veggies, potatoes and pork chops

plated:

Stringent fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 20, 2021

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Stringent posted:

for father's day i get to make whatever i want for dinner

roasted veggies, potatoes and pork chops

plated:

that looks awesome. how did you roast the veggies?
I love a burnt veg but i feel like it takes 200 years to do it in my oven, especially if they are that close together

maybe I'm cooking on too low of a temp

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

that looks awesome. how did you roast the veggies?
I love a burnt veg but i feel like it takes 200 years to do it in my oven, especially if they are that close together

maybe I'm cooking on too low of a temp

what temp are you roasting at? it's almost impossible for the oven to be too hot to roast a veg; there's so much water, and if you keep an eye on them, you can pull them before they get bad.

a good trick as well is to prep and chop your veg, then put them in the microwave with a little salt for about five minutes. then drain if necessary, toss with oil and put in the oven as usual

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

a good trick as well is to prep and chop your veg, then put them in the microwave with a little salt for about five minutes. then drain if necessary, toss with oil and put in the oven as usual
i take it it's similar to grilling meat- the salt pulls water to the surface and gives a more satisfying char/roast for all your maillard needs

salt is underrated in its cooking uses before anything hits the plate

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i take it it's similar to grilling meat- the salt pulls water to the surface and gives a more satisfying char/roast for all your maillard needs

salt is underrated in its cooking uses before anything hits the plate

pretty much, a large part of cooking time for veg is just getting all that water out of there, and salt + nukulotrons really speed things up. it can cut times in half sometimes

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

President Beep posted:

Horseradish in mashed potatoes is absolutely incredible

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

pointsofdata posted:

Horseradish is absolutely incredible

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

had a bunch of garlic scapes from the garden so i made a garlic scape and sunflower seed pesto, then baked the pizza on the grill

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
how did you film that

is that like a combo of camera stabilization and the heat rising off the pie distorting the backdrop or what

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

how did you film that

is that like a combo of camera stabilization and the heat rising off the pie distorting the backdrop or what

it’s just an iphone live photo i turned into a gif, it’s my favourite thing to do with live photos by far

i’m just bad at holding the phone steady so the slight fuzz is from misaligned loop ends

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

got a chicken on the grill and gonna make some grilled cole slaw to go with it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
did the french thing tonight

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

baked some cheddar sage zucchini bread on the grill last night

served with some fried duck eggs and caramelized onions for supper

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Stringent posted:

did the french thing tonight

You gotta give deets, man.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

shoeberto posted:

You gotta give deets, man.

clockwise it's gratin dauphinois, poulet au vinaigre and ratatouille

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Years ago* there was a company in Milwaukee that used to sell hot sauce with doggos on they bottles at like farmers markets and street fairs and such but they're gone now.

They had such good hot sauces I expected them to survive so I used all the doggo sauces we got.

I miss them.

:(

*: Must have been >6 though because it was where we moved after we had BVMTH so not that many years ago?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 2, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

picked cherries. what to make!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cherry soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe