Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Final Fantasy V: Definitive Edition

We all want to kill CHAOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I will say, this run significantly improved my opinion of Knights. My offense was anemic with just Red, White, and Monk. By the time my setup was complete, I had the Knight !Focusing the Chicken Knife for 4-5k, my Red Mage two-handing a Rune Sword for 2-3.5k, and my Monk, who I thought was going to be the load, was equipped with knight swords, and with the Ragnarok she was adding 2k per swing.

I mean, collectively they were barely keeping up with my boosted Holy dual-casting White Mage, but it's still impressive for physical attackers

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Doing a Pure Chaos run, I did not know Freelancer was an option!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just got my third job, Dancer. So I'm still 3 red mages and a berserker right now (Red mages seem to be a lot more useful) since I don't have access to Dancer yet. I like messing around and exploring dungeons but the encounter rate is just so loving high. I went through the library 3 times, I missed the ninja suit so I went back, got it, got to the end and the shortcut back was disabled so I had to go back through it to the start. I'm sort of burned out on random encounters!

Didn't help that I did a ton of grinding last night.

I seem to remember Dancer can use Ribbon which is good? How does red mage/dancer/berserker seem? Am I hosed unless I get a 'good' job for my 4th or is this an ok mix so far?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean worst case scenario you just keep your berserker alive and they kill things eventually.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

redreader posted:

I just got my third job, Dancer. So I'm still 3 red mages and a berserker right now (Red mages seem to be a lot more useful) since I don't have access to Dancer yet. I like messing around and exploring dungeons but the encounter rate is just so loving high. I went through the library 3 times, I missed the ninja suit so I went back, got it, got to the end and the shortcut back was disabled so I had to go back through it to the start. I'm sort of burned out on random encounters!

Didn't help that I did a ton of grinding last night.

I seem to remember Dancer can use Ribbon which is good? How does red mage/dancer/berserker seem? Am I hosed unless I get a 'good' job for my 4th or is this an ok mix so far?

Your Dancer's late game superpower gets stronger as you run away from more fights.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Equip Ribbon means you get a good headpiece with a good (but not complete) list of status immunites and a good boost to stats to offset the fragility of dancer.

Right now unless you get a good fourth job you must grind to survive NED, Red Mage and Dancer have horrible HP growth and either you need a means to shell your party or heal beyond dual casting raise (which wouldn't work when Red falls) or a means of immediately killing the Almagest spewing target. Dancer with a Rainbow Dress and fully powered chicken knife at around level 35 will come near doing the damage cap every sword dance, so if you're forced to grind it WILL.

If you have to grind you're looking at fighting at NED in the mid 40s.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Is there a mod that lets you toggle random encounters? The FF4 Free Enterprise mod has that, it's pretty nice for that game so you don't have to deal with randoms so much. Obviously in FF5 it'd kind of ruin the Brave Blade's raison d'etre, and you probably want to grind more often than you do in FF4

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
First fiesta finished in almost a decade :toot:

Knight/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dancer

Knight carried the early game, Mystic Knight and Dancer did the rest. I couldn't get !release to work, not sure if i just don't get how it works, or if it works differently in the mobile version, welp.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
:toxx:
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

https://imgur.com/a/JNL84Y2

:toot: :toot:

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

https://imgur.com/a/BJlJa5N

:toot: :toot:

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Chicken knife sword dances hurt a lot, so between your berserker and the dancer, you're pretty much covered on offense, but kind of lacking some aoe so your NED is going to be kind of a tedious hp tracking affair.

Almagest could be a serious problem with that party since dancers are the lowest hp in the game, and red mages aren't especially durable either.

There are a TON of outs that you could get at earth crystal that would fix basically any issues with that party though. I'd probably be kind of hoping for a samurai with that party. Between aegis shield and just being a wall of meat, there's pretty much nothing NED can throw at a samurai that's going to kill them, so they're pretty great for recovering from bad situations (not going to be really uncommon with red mage/dancer imo). Plus you get giltoss to cover up your lack of aoe.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Is there a mod that lets you toggle random encounters? The FF4 Free Enterprise mod has that, it's pretty nice for that game so you don't have to deal with randoms so much. Obviously in FF5 it'd kind of ruin the Brave Blade's raison d'etre, and you probably want to grind more often than you do in FF4

SNES project Demi does, alongside a bunch of other QOL stuff.

One of the QOL things is it cuts out almost all the story bits, so not recommended until you've played before.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

blakelmenakle posted:

First run complete (Black Mage, Berserker, Mystic Knight, Freelancer), and Lenna was quite sickly throughout the whole thing.

Some of these screenshots aren't the best, and not sure if you're counting mini-bosses or summons, but here we go: https://imgur.com/a/UV27caQ
Featuring: Magissa, Liquid Flame, Iron Claw (sorta, the soldier died before he spawned), Ifrit, Byblos, Shiva, Ramuh, Sandworm, Crayclaw, Adamantoise, Soul Cannon, Archeoaevis, Purobolas, Titan, Manticore, Gilgamesh (big bridge), T-Rex, Abductor, Dragon Pod, Gilgamesh (boat), Atomos, Catoblepas, Seal Guardians, Carbuncle, Gilgamesh (meatfort), Exdeath, Odin, Bahamut, Pantera (Rising Sun chest in Island Shrine), Wendigo, Minotaur, the three pigs (Great Sea Trench boss), Leviathan, Calofisteri, Apanda, Azulmagia, Catastrophe, Halicarnassus, Twintania, Necrophobe, Tree Death, and NED.

Gonna count this as $4.20 to charity, bringing us up to $8.10 so far :toot:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

https://twitter.com/hopeandjoy9/status/1406428947961745410

First completed Fiesta ever. :toot: Is it the new meds? Is it the lack of active depression? Is it the fact I got myself locked out of my FF14 account like a moron today?

...Yeah, it's the later.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Every year I forgot how much the soundtrack to this game owns.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/hopeandjoy9/status/1406428947961745410

First completed Fiesta ever. :toot: Is it the new meds? Is it the lack of active depression? Is it the fact I got myself locked out of my FF14 account like a moron today?

...Yeah, it's the later.

FeyerbrandX posted:

So I finally came up with an idea for a :toxx:

*snip obsolete poo poo*

10 bucks per new player who clears NED. Limit $250 (they don't need to be in the original 50, just someone who has a clear player page but a star on their 2021 run.)

Just reposting this if anyone else is finishing their first fest since I haven't seen anything in awhile and this is the first post that mentions explicitly "first completed fiesta ever"

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
First run of the year is finally over. White Mage/Berserker/Samurai/Berserker

Killed NED and Shinryu

Did like four or five toxxes with this first run.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completed: Red Metal, Serene Dragon, Galick

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).

lost Ar(d)bert and Faris to NED's FF14 attack. That free trial is something else.

Also, I'll say 8x exp (and 8x gil) from the exdeath patcher made getting all the summons and selling all the weapons much more bearable with the double berserker team comp. Most of the time I broke even or came out ahead when throwing money. I also spent time stealing some murakumos that I absolutely did not need 'cause I just threw money at the boss.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 20, 2021

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

And that's victory.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

nabo posted:

Knight carried the early game, Mystic Knight and Dancer did the rest. I couldn't get !release to work, not sure if i just don't get how it works, or if it works differently in the mobile version, welp.

What happened when you used release? I don't think there's any difference with how it works between versions

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Every year I forgot how much the soundtrack to this game owns.

Every year someone hears Battle on the Big Bridge for the first time.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Every year someone hears Battle on the Big Bridge for the first time.

Oh man, I just got to the second world on this playthrough, I'm hyped already.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

FeyerbrandX posted:

But wait, there's more!

10 bucks per new player who clears NED. Limit $250 (they don't need to be in the original 50, just someone who has a clear player page but a star on their 2021 run.)

e: Not limiting this to SA, so if you know anyone who just does twitter or whatever I'll honor them there as well. https://twitter.com/feyerbrandx/status/1399183494874648582

Alright then, I guess this counts. First official fiesta:

https://twitter.com/pyromanceno1/status/1405068767139299329

Triple crowned with thief/mystic/ranger/monk

Guess this is as good a place to ask as any if there's any good way for new party (sam/dancer/summoner/ninja) to triple crown. Chicken knife dances are doing a lot less damage than I expected (about 1750) and throwing scrolls (~1400)/Odin spears (~850) isn't exactly tearing things up either. Kind of feels like it might be a protracted fight and that's something this party has basically never run into. The party has been unbelievably strong up to this point, and I have to think that there's a way to beat this with this party besides just leveling up so I hit a lot harder.

I'm around level 33 on my highest characters, but really not looking to grind up any higher.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

pyromance posted:

Guess this is as good a place to ask as any if there's any good way for new party (sam/dancer/summoner/ninja) to triple crown. Chicken knife dances are doing a lot less damage than I expected (about 1750) and throwing scrolls (~1400)/Odin spears (~850) isn't exactly tearing things up either. Kind of feels like it might be a protracted fight and that's something this party has basically never run into. The party has been unbelievably strong up to this point, and I have to think that there's a way to beat this with this party besides just leveling up so I hit a lot harder.

I'm around level 33 on my highest characters, but really not looking to grind up any higher.

You can use the Wonder Wand to berserk Shinryu and just throw shitloads of Phoenix Downs at the party members he hits. Omega's going to be tough, though.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I want to do a 750 run next but I don’t want to get saddled with Geomancer again. Doing a Random run would reduce the chance of Geomancer, but I also don’t want dupes of jobs.

I guess the answer is #Reg750 and job fair away Geomancer if I get it…

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

nabo posted:

This is Goon Matrix win #2, bringing my :toxx: up to $10.

A lot of !Release got nerfed by Matrix; the ones that deal percentage damage no longer work on Heavy targets. !Calm also works as intended, so Beastmasters no longer get free Omega kills either.

On the other hand, Bearaga always works. And if you get yourself a Chemist you also get access to Squirrelaja, the ultimate !Release

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Shyfted One posted:

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a couple of Toxxes this year for the people who are interested!

I'll be donating $2 for every boss that's defeated with the power of !Gaia. Just for the hell of it, i'll make it $6 every time someone beats Omniscient with Gaia as well. Screenshot/Gif of the boss getting destroyed is all the proof I'll need.

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

I'm not sure this is a unique because it's been a few pages since I've checked in, but

Have you tried the expanded Free Trial of our critically acclaimed MMORPG FFXIV?

You can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

pyromance posted:

Give your dancer dual wield to prevent Omega from countering your chicken dances (at least I assume this still works on SNES).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hellioning posted:

gently caress the chicken knife.

But also gently caress the brave blade.

10 dollars for each person (up to 5) who gets a max power brave blade (or zero power chicken knife I suppose) and then !Throws it at either the gargoyles in front of the Pyramid or Melusine.

I may be too late for this toxx, I have no idea, but also gently caress the brave knife. Cock Sword. Whatever.

The hardest part of this is the possibility of running into the murder dragons in meatfort. But now, now I am freeeeee to run as I please if a battle is poo poo! :toot:

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completed: Red Metal, Serene Dragon, Galick, MagusDraco

I had Berserker as my first job on Pure Chaos, and I play with jobs unlocked... so I figured I may as well continue what I started and kill everything.

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a dead Berserker for you right here:

Exdeath Fight
Pretty easy run, as runs with Mystic Knights always are. Doubt I'll be triple crowning because I can't berserk Shinryu, and the only way I have to get past Omega's evasion is the Chicken Knife which is currently at 0 power.

Modoh fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jun 20, 2021

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Easy peasy once I got all the loadouts set up. I'll head back for Omega later.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Here's the freebie one.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I suppose I feel like there's no reason for me to actually play this. I'm sponsoring a couple of friends and slogging through this with the red mages and a berserker. But no extra money gets donated due to me playing.

So maybe I should donate to get better jobs. Can anyone suggest jobs that are more fun? I'd like to keep the berserker. I had dancer once before and I don't feel like charging up the chicken knife. Can someone recommend a fun combination of jobs that include berserker please?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

redreader posted:

I suppose I feel like there's no reason for me to actually play this. I'm sponsoring a couple of friends and slogging through this with the red mages and a berserker. But no extra money gets donated due to me playing.

So maybe I should donate to get better jobs. Can anyone suggest jobs that are more fun? I'd like to keep the berserker. I had dancer once before and I don't feel like charging up the chicken knife. Can someone recommend a fun combination of jobs that include berserker please?

Ninja and black mage go well with zerky and each other. Really anything that adds mag stat really boosts both ninja and zerky. I like ninja+zerky for DOUBLE DEATH fun before the rune axe.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

It's worth noting that there are a bunch of goon toxxes going on that even a beginner or an idiot like me could get in on, so don't feel like your game is going to be completely pointless if you want to get in on that.

Also: blue mage

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Speaking of beginners and/or idiots, I've never played this game before and also don't have any actual physical damage so this felt like a good idea at the time

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Leraika posted:

I'm not sure this is a unique because it's been a few pages since I've checked in, but

Have you tried the expanded Free Trial of our critically acclaimed MMORPG FFXIV?

You can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime!

not looking for uniques, just looking for ping me on Twitter or Discord so ADHD brain doesn't miss them due to missing a few pages.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Aerdan posted:

not looking for uniques, just looking for ping me on Twitter or Discord so ADHD brain doesn't miss them due to missing a few pages.

Right, but someone else was looking for uniques.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

redreader posted:

Knight, Samurai, Time Mage. No Chicken Knife needed but a bunch of Berserker synergy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gilgabot sure is being nice to me...

Pre-Reg was #Chaos #BERSERKERRISK, and Gil gave me Dragoon/Berserker/Geomancer/Samurai. Easy win!

I followed that up with #Advance, and got Thief/Ninja/Bard/Cannoneer. Another Easy win!

I just registered for #Chaos, and Gil has given me Dancer/Black Mage/Ranger/Bard.

I'm gonna eat it hard if I do a 4th run, aren't I? :ohdear:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

Gilgabot sure is being nice to me...

Pre-Reg was #Chaos #BERSERKERRISK, and Gil gave me Dragoon/Berserker/Geomancer/Samurai. Easy win!

I followed that up with #Advance, and got Thief/Ninja/Bard/Cannoneer. Another Easy win!

I just registered for #Chaos, and Gil has given me Dancer/Black Mage/Ranger/Bard.

I'm gonna eat it hard if I do a 4th run, aren't I? :ohdear:

Only one way to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This red dragon in the barrier tower is giving me hell. But at the very least if I get out if here I'll be farther in this game than I've ever gotten!