Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
brownstone as in mr. brownstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrongfor10yrs LOL
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Chinatown posted:

u dont get to call a cardboard box a brownstone
Actually I do, it's one of the many little-known privileges that comes with wealth.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001

Wrongfor10yrs LOL posted:

It's 85 degrees out and on/off rain here. Not my ideal outdoor conditions. BTW I live in a brownstone with 13 ft ceilings now.

Are you in NYC? Sounds suspiciously similar to where I am, minus the brownstone because I'm a nocoiner.

Wrongfor10yrs LOL
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Uncle Ivan posted:

Are you in NYC? Sounds suspiciously similar to where I am, minus the brownstone because I'm a nocoiner.
Manhattan

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001

Us nocoiners are still all in deep Brooklyn.

Wrongfor10yrs LOL
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Uncle Ivan posted:

Us nocoiners are still all in deep Brooklyn.
It's not too late. We're still relatively early in the adoption S-curve.

It's never too late to change the road you're on, comrade.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001

Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to be in Manhattan. But one day perhaps I'll accumulate enough poop for the Williamsburg waterfront.

Wrongfor10yrs LOL
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Uncle Ivan posted:

Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to be in Manhattan. But one day perhaps I'll accumulate enough poop for the Williamsburg waterfront.
Good luck, sincerely. I wish you well, and that goes for all of you. If I didn't I wouldn't take the time to have these conversations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

S-curve? You don't even own something with a P-trap.

Wrongfor10yrs LOL
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

Shumagorath posted:

S-curve? You don't even own something with a P-trap.
I'm old fashioned, so I prefer a chamber pot. I have a pair of nocoiners come to collect, empty, and clean it for me several times a day.

If you work really hard, and show the proper respect, maybe one day that could be you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42lDdLN9qYA

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Good luck, sincerely. I wish you well, and that goes for all of you. If I didn't I wouldn't take the time to have these conversations.

You've become about as tedious as SMG at this point. Thanks for burning :10bux: for the good of the forums, I guess, but good lord your schtick is tiresome.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1405340417806290944

There’s a massive asymmetry between the cult of cryptocoiners who spend every bit of energy they can to create narratives as to why a crypto plutocracy is good actually.

Bribing celebrities and politicians, they’ve been waging a war and they’re winning

buttcoiners and galaxy brain goons mine the laugh coins, but sit idle and shitpost while the crypto whales are encroaching towards real political power

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Actually I do, it's one of the many little-known privileges that comes with wealth.

lol, if only someone who hasn't needed to work for a living since before COVID-19 was even a thing was here to call you on your bullshit.

e:if you still pay income tax, Seraph, you are by definition, not wealthy.

buttcoin.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 20, 2021

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I would love it if the GOP was one of the major bag holders when Tether self-destructs.

e: I assume they'll cash the crypto in for real money as fast as they get it, though. Unless Gaetz wants to hire more underage hookers.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 20, 2021

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

It's 85 degrees out and on/off rain here. Not my ideal outdoor conditions. BTW I live in a brownstone with 13 ft ceilings now.

I didn’t know they stacked poo poo that high

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol if you think libertarian dorks are going to give them anything. And what little they do gets pwned by tromp dark tweets

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
good of you to take a break from your six discords you admin to visit the nocoiners

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hello Sailor posted:

I would love it if the GOP was one of the major bag holders when Tether self-destructs.

e: I assume they'll cash the crypto in for real money as fast as they get it, though. Unless Gaetz wants to hire more underage hookers.

Please. Remember how world bank said crypto is being used for money laundering? This is how they'll money launder straight from Russia, via crypto. And imagine that they can't be caught, right as they're caught.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Please. Remember how world bank said crypto is being used for money laundering? This is how they'll money launder straight from Russia, via crypto. And imagine that they can't be caught, right as they're caught.

Looking forward to the first "95% of the cryptocurrency received by the RNCC previously used as ransomware payments" headline.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

LanceHunter posted:

Looking forward to the first "95% of the cryptocurrency received by the RNCC previously used as ransomware payments" headline.

Or known to be associated with Epstein.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The party of grifters embraces a grift, news at 11.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Let's switch the economy to this new money, except this time I am rich because I already have a substantial amount of this new money I'm suggesting we use.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tunicate posted:

Lol i can physically hand someone cash and they instantly have it

That just reminds me of the 'how to share PS4 games' thing Sony did after Microsoft's ultra confusing Xbox One game share presentation. And about the same mindset.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

notwithoutmyanus posted:

And then, when they're caught, it turns out it doesn't matter, because nothing has mattered for the past decade or so.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Andy Dufresne posted:

Honestly even in America the idea that it's expensive or time consuming to move money is outdated. I've been the treasurer for a running club for the last 5 years using venmo with no fees on either side of the transaction. Most banks support Zelle for instant bank to bank transfers, and if they don't they'll support billpay which is basically just writing a check without the check.

Home contractors are about the only people who still accept checks and we don't guard our bank details for god's sake, they are written on the check.

I just used a check last week to pay the deposit for my new place.

My new landord snapped a pic with his cell, had it desposited in his bank account in five minutes.

This poo poo is not hard, bitcoiners have just apparently not done anything financially in the last twenty years.

Bablicon
Jun 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Communism posted:

I just used a check last week to pay the deposit for my new place.

My new landord snapped a pic with his cell, had it desposited in his bank account in five minutes.

This poo poo is not hard, bitcoiners have just apparently not done anything financially in the last twenty years.

Do you really think the situation you described is the pinnacle of human innovation? You sound like someone from the greatest generation touting the miracle of the rotary telephone. Most coins are way better than that. They are instant and almost free. It’s really only BTC AND ETH that are lovely.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Bablicon posted:

Do you really think the situation you described is the pinnacle of human innovation? You sound like someone from the greatest generation touting the miracle of the rotary telephone. Most coins are way better than that. They are instant and almost free. It’s really only BTC AND ETH that are lovely.

Sure, if everyone starts using shitcoin#123 for everything this particular use case gets better. If shitcoin#123 lives side by side with USD though it's not- you'll have exchange fees and volatility on both ends.

Market forces have created better payment schemes. It turns out some people don't mind using outdated systems every once in a while because it's just not that big of a deal.

Bablicon
Jun 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andy Dufresne posted:

Sure, if everyone starts using shitcoin#123 for everything this particular use case gets better. If shitcoin#123 lives side by side with USD though it's not- you'll have exchange fees and volatility on both ends.

Market forces have created better payment schemes. It turns out some people don't mind using outdated systems every once in a while because it's just not that big of a deal.

The WEF has already spelled out the will be using a CBDC for the great reset.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That's nice, but all that is belied by the coiners Kramering into the thread going "LOOK AT THE PRICE HAHA YOU FILTHY POORS" as if the point of crypto isn't in fact naked speculation. As mentioned, there are literally a dozen different ways to take payments, and ACH is in fact Good Enough™ for people who don't need set up a merchant account or otherwise wanting to do anything but use what they already have.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bablicon posted:

the great reset.

Oh.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

im sure this speculative asset whose price frequently drops 10-30% will soon be used as currency lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's the joke, yeah

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

punishedkissinger posted:

im sure this speculative asset whose price frequently drops 10-30% will soon be used as currency lol

But you see, fait currency price shocks, instability, global world order.

Check mate.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Bablicon posted:

right in my veins, right in my fuckin veins

Too much sense in here, it’s nice to have some shitposts from new (old) blood

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

punishedkissinger posted:

Look, one time I bought a bike and my bank messed up the exchange rate and that's why I became a shitcoin shilling anarchist cryptographer

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

I’m a cryptozoologist, ama about my hobby of coveting fake poo poo.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0C1ChgSi9LZoa9dCTmAEZp?si=7223c6854bd240d6

Bleah this guest host on Today Explained shilled so hard for crypto. Virtually no examination of "is this all stupid bullshit and an incredible waste of energy", rather "well we've crossed that bridge, trillion dollar industry it's here to stay!" and "who can compare the energy consumed mining butts with the energy consumed printing that twenty dollar bill you're holding! Who's to say which is greater?" and "maybe Jack Dorsey is right and butt mining will help steer us into a new era of renewable energy (that will all be consumed mining butts)!" Gah, made me want to go on a rampage.

Regular host asks her at the end (New York Magazine person shilling for butts) if she's a poop toucher herself and ha ha no I only have a tiny amount I got as a gift from a friend.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Bablicon posted:

You do know that in filthy communist Europe there is an evil banking network that runs on trust and I can send money to any account just by logging into to my bank, or using their app, and it takes at most 2 hours to get there and costs me absolutely nothing? In fact, the bank even pays me the equivalent of several hundred dollars a year just to have my account with them. Even better, most of my regular bills get debited directly from my account, a service which costs me... less than nothing again because many places offer lower rates if you use this system. The bastards.

Edit: Ooh, and if something does go wrong, I can phone up my bank and get the money back.
Edit2: I can also use it to instantly pay for stuff on pretty much every major website in existance, as well as brick-and-mortar shops. A service which again costs me nothing in fees.

OzyMandrill fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 20, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

OzyMandrill posted:

You do know that in filthy communist Europe there is an evil banking network that runs on trust and I can send money to any account just by logging into to my bank, or using their app, and it takes at most 2 hours to get there and costs me absolutely nothing? In fact, the bank even pays me the equivalent of several hundred dollars a year just to have my account with them. Even better, most of my regular bills get debited directly from my account, a service which costs me... less than nothing again because many places offer lower rates if you use this system. The bastards.

Edit: Ooh, and if something does go wrong, I can phone up my bank and get the money back.
Edit2: I can also use it to instantly pay for stuff on pretty much every major website in existance, as well as brick-and-mortar shops. A service which again costs me nothing in fees.

The thing you have to understand about our dumb american system is that account-to-account transfers are pull-based, so the first step in paying someone is giving them a level of access where if they punch up an extra zero, it's coming out of your account. And your bank doesn't give a gently caress, that's just an opportunity for them to charge you fees for overspending.

It's shameful that bitcoin was many people's first encounter with the concept of push-based transactions but for them, it was revelatory.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ozy is REALLY hedging their bets by saying two hours there; that's basically a worst case scenario, the standard transaction time is seconds.