Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
If the price is right theres plenty i can sell.... But its hard to make a yardsale. Yardsale goons how did you yard sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Take all the stuff you want to get rid of then take it to your front yard, then keep going and leave it on the curb and the garbage men will take it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yard sard lol

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It bugs me when people put up signs saying "Garage Sale" and then you get there and there's no garage. That's a yard sale gently caress you, man.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Post pictures of the stuff you are selling bro it's 2021 do an e-sard

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Other than doing the work to set it up I'm also secretly afraid that people would come and just say "what is this poo poo" and like, mock my unwanted things because I have trust issues with others.
Try that op.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

price everything so high that if anyone wants to buy anything they HAVE TO have a conversation with you about it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Sid Vicious posted:

yard sard lol

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
get some of those cheap rear end folding tables like they have at bingo halls and put the smaller poo poo on those, and arrange the larger poo poo around that, then sit in a chair in the middle and drink beer. i guess a sign indicating that your unwanted crap is for sale would be helpful. no need to put labels or prices on any of it, too much work. if someone inquires about a price, haggle. if you have a friend to help move out the larger stuff, its almost zero work and you can just get trashed and meet folks

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
I live in an apartment complex and getting the stuff out will be a real pain in the Butt lads!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
unless your complex gives you permission to use whatever yard is available, if any, then you're hosed i guess. take photos of your stuff and put it on ebay

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zippy the Bummer posted:

get some of those cheap rear end folding tables like they have at bingo halls and put the smaller poo poo on those, and arrange the larger poo poo around that, then sit in a chair in the middle and drink beer. i guess a sign indicating that your unwanted crap is for sale would be helpful. no need to put labels or prices on any of it, too much work. if someone inquires about a price, haggle. if you have a friend to help move out the larger stuff, its almost zero work and you can just get trashed and meet folks

Decent advice.
Rather than label every drat thing you could just put a color sticker on the tables themselves and just a printed sign by your chair that says "red $1. Blue $10, green $20 anything else, ask" or something.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Offer mystery boxes on Craigslist. To avoid getting murdered by an angry buyer, make sure you always include at least 1 dildo. In fact, advertise it.

SELLING MYSTERY BOX: A DILDO IS 1 OF THE MYSTERIES

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I make killer excellent signs and way too many. So mass people come and I make hundreds every couple years. This was back when I snagged stuff given away at work though.

Cheap acrylic paint on cardboard and a big roll of packing tape is all you need. This is all at the dollar store, cardboard is free.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Some cities will do community wide yard sales on a certain date and this attracts more buyers who will just go to each advertised house. Look up if where you live does that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the best part about living in the city is that any junk i have i just put in the alley and it disappears overnight

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'll buy your boxed set of buffy the vampire slayer for 5 dollars even though it's missing one of the discs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinatown posted:

the best part about living in the city is that any junk i have i just put in the alley and it disappears overnight

I'm stunned to find out you of all people give your junk away free to strangers in alleys at night

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
If your complex/HOA doesn't allow a yard sale or you're deathly afraid of exposing yourself to the sun you can always put all of the stuff you want to get rid of on offer up and sell them all individually at different times.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Alternatively you can die and we can run an estate sale for you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

I'm stunned to find out you of all people give your junk away free to strangers in alleys at night

:shrug:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i make so much money now that i'm actually making more money throwing the poo poo in the trash then jacking off on it than i would from selling it in a yard sale.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Try going door to door asking people if they want to buy your things. Take polaroids to show them what you've got.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hell Yeah posted:

i make so much money now that i'm actually making more money throwing the poo poo in the trash then jacking off on it than i would from selling it in a yard sale.

The American dream is still alive :patriot:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hell Yeah posted:

Hell Yeah

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Zippy the Bummer posted:

unless your complex gives you permission to use whatever yard is available, if any, then you're hosed i guess. take photos of your stuff and put it on ebay

Wtf you think I’m gonna ask permission? Rofl. I won’t even ask forgiveness when the deed is done

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
your poo poo is probably not worth the time it takes to run a yard sale tbqh

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

epic 2012 username posted:

Wtf you think I’m gonna ask permission? Rofl. I won’t even ask forgiveness when the deed is done

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hello welcome to my garage sale

Have you read any of these books? AMAZING! James Patterson is so great. 1 dollar each.

Lots of glassware!! 25c each

Some good styles over here, anything green is 10% off. 5 bucks each!

Lots of new tech my son left!! Make an offer!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol drat you fuckin totaly destroyed yard sales as a concept! :drat:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Yard sales are amazing, but flea markets at much better.

1. Estate Auctions
2. Flea Markets
3. Regular Auctions
4. Garage Sale
5. Yard Sale
6. Goodwill outlet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

are they called that because of all the fleas

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Sid Vicious posted:

are they called that because of all the fleas

You'll be itching for all the deals, Sid!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Athanatos posted:

You'll be itching for all the deals, Sid!

plus my exczema

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've never been to an estate sale but they seem like they'd be either really cool or really not with no way to know beforehand

Battlevader
Nov 17, 2017

That kind of things, we give away.
Sharing-everything is pretty popular

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Big Beef City posted:

I've never been to an estate sale but they seem like they'd be either really cool or really not with no way to know beforehand

you either get uranium glass or you get doilies no in between

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Big Beef City posted:

Pretty much.

The worst part is, if junk doesnt sell, they just add it to the next thing in the auction.

So if you really want that old hifi, but the 200 snowglobes and old track trophies didnt sell before it...they roll it all together and you are buying the whole lot.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Here's a lazy solution: Put all the crap you want to sell in a pile, take a photo of it, and advertise it on Craigslist or wherever as, e.g. "BARGAIN PILE O' STUFF - Have a garage sale or sell indIvidually on eBay, MAKE $$$!!! Pickup only, $50 ONO, no queries re individual items."

Minimal effort, no loving with postage, getting up early, or a bunch of cheapskates trying to bust your rear end.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Junk powers the Hobo Economy.