Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/pleasebegneiss/status/1304846370247864321?s=21

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

pointsofdata posted:

PoE1 was very good, 2 in theory should have been better but ended up feeling a bit soulless imo, they streamlined away all the janky DnD stuff but didn't really add anything back. The added turn based mode had so much potential but the initiative implementation sucks.

what's the janky DnD stuff you liked?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

MGSV back on deep discount, I bought this on a whim in 2019 and I got a lot of fun out of it. Yes the story is a broken truncated mess and it has auteur weirdness slathered all over it but the core gameplay is really well done.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

crepeface posted:

what's the janky DnD stuff you liked?

I like having loads of classes and weird spells with massively varying degrees of usefulness. It's fun coming up with your own way to approach the game - I think for this reason I prefer Kingmaker over both of them.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i got real mad at kingmaker in old sycamore, just tons of pointless centipede fights drat it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Both Pillars games I got all the way through and then stopped right before the end and i remember almost nothing of the plot of either so can't go back to the saves.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Talos Principle was around 5 dollars on gog (think it still is). Would recommend. Just started playing for the first time and it’s a nice change.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
senua was cool. the perception puzzles were extremely on point for the theme of the game. not too long either which is for the best

7.50 on gog currently, well worth it for that price

mediaphage posted:

i’m hopeful apple actually does something that’s sub $800

cute

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Wutang-Yutani CORP posted:

Talos Principle was around 5 dollars on gog (think it still is). Would recommend. Just started playing for the first time and it’s a nice change.

i forgot about this, i never played it when it came out and bought it in vr. it's simple but very satisfying to do

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

:rolleyes:

i'm sure the first gen will be ludicrous but i expect a reasonable pricing within the next five years or so. people assumed the first ipad would be insanelt priced, too, and it...wasn't.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the story is a broken truncated mess and it has auteur weirdness slathered all over it

these are good though

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i just noticed that pillars of eternity i/ii/dlc is all half off or more at gog right now

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FMguru posted:

i just noticed that pillars of eternity i/ii/dlc is all half off or more at gog right now

2.4*:10bux: is a good price for PoE2 Obsidian (the version with all the DLC). Thanks!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

poe2 was a ton of fun and i quite liked the story, but they added turn-based after i did my playthrough and i'm struggling to justify a second run

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres a mod rhat halves all hit point meters and it makes turn based actually good cuz it isnt an interminable slog anymore

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wutang-Yutani CORP posted:

talos principle and its dlc are very good.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

MGSV back on deep discount, I bought this on a whim in 2019 and I got a lot of fun out of it. Yes the story is a broken truncated mess and it has auteur weirdness slathered all over it but the core gameplay is really well done.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain

one of the best playing stealth games ever

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/beesmygod_/status/1405922058932981765

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

one of the best playing stealth games ever
it also plays pretty great in quasi/non-stealth.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

the developer words

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
mgsv was boring as gently caress and i thought the stealth sucked.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

love those 'almost there' volumetric explosions

huh didn't know they made another game on the Corncob 3D engine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I looked it up and I guess the factorio guy is anti-lgbt and follows jordan peterson and doesn't believe statutory rape is a thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

follows jordan peterson and doesn't believe statutory rape is a thing.

but you repeat yourself

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

I looked it up and I guess the factorio guy is anti-lgbt and follows jordan peterson and doesn't believe statutory rape is a thing.

so when is he being bought out by MS?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theres a mod rhat halves all hit point meters and it makes turn based actually good cuz it isnt an interminable slog anymore

even with the mod it's bad because lots of abilities/skills/weapons are garbage in turn based so balance is off

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i'll be honest, not a big fan of those real time rpgs, i'm lazy

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
also necromunda: hired gun is pretty neat, it's like a jankier Doom 2016 but with E.Y.E. RPG mechanics and a grappling hook

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
i know this sucks for the developer but I know necromunda will be a much better game in 18 months so I'll just wait till then. see also obsidian games.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah i'd hold off on it unless u reaaaally like jank.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
it's not too terrible but i have an absurdly high tolerance for jank soooooo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I had a dream where I was pacman in some sort of first person FPS and I had to fight the ghosts hand to hand using a dance dance revolution style move pattern to beat them up.

I remember thinking 'this would actually be a really good game' but the power pills were actual irl drugs so it would probably get banned

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I remember thinking 'this would actually be a really good game' but the power pills were actual irl drugs so it would probably get banned

Who remembers Narc on ps2? lol

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
wish any video game would grab me nowadays

is this depression, or am I just old

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

it is depression

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

try a low-effort low-stakes game like one of the LEGO games with all the cheat codes turned on

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
yeah, the games are better than ever. drink more water and less alcohol and get serious about sleep hygiene and bootstrap yourself outta that poo poo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

been playing rimworld again with my 96 mods or whatever. for some reason it always feels good going back to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Zam Wesell posted:

wish any video game would grab me nowadays

is this depression, or am I just old
it's both!

try more narrative games or something that is otherwise a changeup. maybe something simple but difficult like hotlines miami