Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

What we need now is a WikiWhy

presumably competitive eating, the grossest 'sport'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Busket Posket posted:

On Etsy you can find plenty of listings catering to the “tulle is technically a fabric so this is a fabric face mask and they can’t kick me out of Costco” crowd.

Jokes on them though, tulle is scratchy and awful. These will be way more uncomfortable than one made out out cotton. To own the libs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCH09Szn8Js

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BALLS DILDO posted:

its pretty common on facebook iirc where uncensored slurs get you put in facebook jail

The last person I saw using slurs on Facebook didn’t get Facebook jail but he sure did get super unemployed super quick.

E:at first I thought maybe he misspelled it and dodged FB jail so I checked the screen cap I have of it, and he did, but there was also at least one instance where it was spelled right so who knows.

Ugly In The Morning has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Jun 20, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

IDGI

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't fall for it Number 6, it's another ploy to get you to slip up!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The last person I saw using slurs on Facebook didn’t get Facebook jail but he sure did get super unemployed super quick.

E:at first I thought maybe he misspelled it and dodged FB jail so I checked the screen cap I have of it, and he did, but there was also at least one instance where it was spelled right so who knows.

Two words that are among the most likely to get zucced are “white” and “men”, because white men will report posts for “generalizations based on race or gender” and their brigading influence has led to a cottage industry of trying to refer to white people or men with emojis, misspelled versions, euphemisms, or other ways that won’t show up on a word search.

Actual slurs aren’t punished at nearly the same rate, but it’s Good Practice to edit screenshots to obscure anything that would be a slur if you said it (e.g., a 🍞 person posting that screenshot, since it’s best for them to not use even a non-hard-R n-word; or a straight person posting a screenshot from a lesbian comedian making a d*ke joke).

Anyhoo, go into the water. Live there; die there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/dudespostingws/status/1405552653057368079?s=21

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If pop culture is seriously recentering around the 3D remake I swear to loving christ

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Data Graham posted:

If pop culture is seriously recentering around the 3D remake I swear to loving christ

lol it's worse than that. It's "live action"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol it's worse than that. It's "live action"
Wow, how did they teach lions to act?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

zedprime posted:

They didn't. They just threw the actors in and told them to improvise around them.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

zedprime posted:

If you saw the movie, you would know that they didn't.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

The Lone Badger posted:

They didn't. They just threw the actors in and told them to improvise around them.

That's a very different (but real) movie.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Roar needs to be seen to be believed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cny_D50Rr44

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

BaronVonVaderham posted:

That's a very different (but real) movie.

Didn't a bunch of the cats actually drown when a dam broke or something crazy like that? 'No animals were harmed in the making of this production' is usually a flat-out lie either way but I remember reading something particularly egregious about Roar.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mister Speaker posted:

Didn't a bunch of the cats actually drown when a dam broke or something crazy like that? 'No animals were harmed in the making of this production' is usually a flat-out lie either way but I remember reading something particularly egregious about Roar.

Yeah and a bunch of them got out and the sherriffs shot them, including like the last ever black-maned Zimbabwean lion.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Busket Posket posted:

Two words that are among the most likely to get zucced are “white” and “men”, because white men will report posts for “generalizations based on race or gender” and their brigading influence has led to a cottage industry of trying to refer to white people or men with emojis, misspelled versions, euphemisms, or other ways that won’t show up on a word search.

Actual slurs aren’t punished at nearly the same rate, but it’s Good Practice to edit screenshots to obscure anything that would be a slur if you said it (e.g., a 🍞 person posting that screenshot, since it’s best for them to not use even a non-hard-R n-word; or a straight person posting a screenshot from a lesbian comedian making a d*ke joke).

Actual Facebook moderator training image:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Actual Facebook moderator training image:

But there are 5 white men in the picture. This training is so bad!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

the "no animals were harmed" bit is a joke from the alamo drafthouse re-release. there was a flood in the private big cat reserve which destroyed the sets and killed some animals, but it was not directly related to the movie - it would have happened regardless

basically this family lived with big cats irl, here's pics of young melanie griffith palling around with her pet lion, neil. neil played togar, the villan lion, in the film roar, and he was previously owned by, and i am not kidding here, anton lavey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pih-8xfdYaE

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

there was a flood in the private big cat reserve which destroyed the sets and killed some animals, but it was not directly related to the movie

How is a flood caused by them building a dam across a small river that later failed, so they could have a lake to film at for the movie, "not directly related"?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“No animals were harmed in the making of this movie” just means that the filmmakers didn’t intentionally assault animals to get a shot. A classic example is tripping horses.

Films may still proudly display the statement if animals came to harm due to negligence or recklessness.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

How is a flood caused by them building a dam across a small river that later failed, so they could have a lake to film at for the movie, "not directly related"?

source? afaik the property was flooded due to heavy rains, a small dam on the property itself to make a lake for filming would not destroy the house/buildings already sited above lake level

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SpacePig posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

source? afaik the property was flooded due to heavy rains, a small dam on the property itself to make a lake for filming would not destroy the house/buildings already sited above lake level

Yeah it was another thing I read that got the two events cross-threaded, upon further inspection they were unrelated.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

SpacePig posted:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do they mean all six lights? But two of them are in a single square so I guess it counts as five?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/angrypiln/status/1405108080019451907?s=19

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I went to the website and it repeatedly does this on several articles. I don’t know if this is on purpose for a laugh or if they have a bot stealing news articles from other sites and changing words up via thesaurus

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

freeedr posted:

I went to the website and it repeatedly does this on several articles. I don’t know if this is on purpose for a laugh or if they have a bot stealing news articles from other sites and changing words up via thesaurus

I assume it's the Scunthorpe problem. Just an automatic word filter trying to make slang sound professional.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Check out also the second tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/angrypiln/status/1405111487211966467

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/o7jdINh.mp4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

One of these shakers always lies, the other shaker always tells the truth,

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Data Graham posted:

One of these shakers always lies, the other shaker always tells the truth,

Kierkegaard brand seasoning

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Engineer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

No, an engineer would just look at the holes on the top and see that the one that says you're the salt is, in fact, for pepper