Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1405721955496517632

That's clearly Caspar on the right, so any guesses on the left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The un-built dancer in this clear hurts my soul. --> Limited Naga Abyssal Clear

My FE6 barracks is just as sparse as my Valentia barracks, so this un-built Larum just kinda fell into the last slot. I don't like bringing Dancers just to Dance, but there was a lot of movement shenanigans required to pick off enemies while managing to not die -- it turns out that the Sword Cavalier and the Blue Cavalier handily counter 3/4ths of my team, and they're starting enemies, which made hacking out the first two turns an hour-long chore. Part of the solution was to not go ham with L!Lilina so that the Troubadour would suicide into Zephiel, which deprived Naga of a buff-buddy when it was time for Klein to shoot her down.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

killed it with fae

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1405721955496517632

That's clearly Caspar on the right, so any guesses on the left?

I'll be really surprised if it's not Ashe.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

rannum posted:

I'll be really surprised if it's not Ashe.

Either Ashe or Leonie. I wonder if they're going to finally have all of the 3H original students in the game?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This special fighter banner is huge bait but gotta be good and save for cyl

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

The un-built dancer in this clear hurts my soul. --> Limited Naga Abyssal Clear

My FE6 barracks is just as sparse as my Valentia barracks, so this un-built Larum just kinda fell into the last slot. I don't like bringing Dancers just to Dance, but there was a lot of movement shenanigans required to pick off enemies while managing to not die -- it turns out that the Sword Cavalier and the Blue Cavalier handily counter 3/4ths of my team, and they're starting enemies, which made hacking out the first two turns an hour-long chore. Part of the solution was to not go ham with L!Lilina so that the Troubadour would suicide into Zephiel, which deprived Naga of a buff-buddy when it was time for Klein to shoot her down.

Larum's native spd/res gap is surprisingly helpful if, like me, you're using Guinivere for her big res and attack. So she just danced and buffed for me, too.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Pulled a free Nagi. I don't know what to do with the extra special fighter though.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Watching my wife grind orbs to get her precious baby crazy Ike is going to be the end of our marriage, especially since I got him on like my third try.

EDIT: Whew, crisis averted. Only took her like 3 days.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 19, 2021

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1406084324911243264

Good news: Marianne and Hilda Duo
Bad news: B duel Calvary 4 is here to ruin your arena runs even more.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
thanks for this pride month banner

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

BlazeEmblem posted:

My decision to +10 Titania continues to pay dividends.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

Is there even a demote on this banner? All of them have some kind of premium skill. Regardless, there goes all my orbs...

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Space Opera posted:

Is there even a demote on this banner? All of them have some kind of premium skill. Regardless, there goes all my orbs...

Caspar is the demote unit, so we'll have easier access to Bonus Doubler with this banner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Caspar hits people with a giant fish. I love this stupid game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
waiting for the obligatory flayn wyvern rider alt patiently.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Gonna make a team of MariHilda, bridal Catria, Lynja, and maybe try for the Byleth+Rhea rerun but if not I guess I can substitute Dorothea+Lene.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

BlackPersona posted:

Caspar is the demote unit, so we'll have easier access to Bonus Doubler with this banner.

Holy poo poo, that's even better!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

While it'd work on Reinhardt, he'd be giving up his A slot (where he gets a lot of his damage output from) just to score higher in the arena. It sounds interesting, until you pause and look at the bigger picture. Even if you move Death Blow to his seal slot, that's still taking away some of Reinhardt's offensive power in the long run.

Tired Moritz posted:

waiting for the obligatory flayn wyvern rider alt patiently.
Give me the buff axe Flayn alt that's the result of training under Raphael, tia.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Seals for the TT are Atk/Def Push and Def/Res Solo. I’m not seeing Push seals being a high ranking choice against Solo, Bond or Form seals in many cases, but we have seen a lot of skills come with on attack or post combat healing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Summer Hilda looks good and now I'm mad that I'm still trying to get a second Duo Peony for the stupid Lynjaforce squad when I don't even have a Plumeria :mad:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

While it'd work on Reinhardt, he'd be giving up his A slot (where he gets a lot of his damage output from) just to score higher in the arena. It sounds interesting, until you pause and look at the bigger picture. Even if you move Death Blow to his seal slot, that's still taking away some of Reinhardt's offensive power in the long run.

Give me the buff axe Flayn alt that's the result of training under Raphael, tia.

He's still going to be throwing around a lot of offensive power, though.

Like the "bigger picture" is still a max invest duel/lull res/db3 seal reinhardt having 63 attack brave weapon, that's still gonna be spooky

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Seals for the TT are Atk/Def Push and Def/Res Solo. I’m not seeing Push seals being a high ranking choice against Solo, Bond or Form seals in many cases, but we have seen a lot of skills come with on attack or post combat healing.

It's unfortunate because of how weighted the power on Push is to rank 4. If pushes scaled more linearly to what level 4 does it would be one of the best seals in the game.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Doing some extremely preliminary stat calcs in the duel sim, a fully invested Duel Reinhardt can kill +10 LDimitris, LCorrins, and DuoLifs.

He falls a hair short in killing LSigurd though. Needs like, a Rally atk for that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rein is one of those units who's a great tool in player hands but an absolute kitten under AI control if you know what you're doing. I'm fine with Duel Rein if it gives people an easier time in Arena. Without DB4 and/or QP he won't be difficult to play around.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What the gently caress do you do with a push 3 seal. Stick on a self sustaining unit and hope for the best?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

What the gently caress do you do with a push 3 seal. Stick on a self sustaining unit and hope for the best?

A solid AA seal where units often only fight once

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Push skills are a liability in TT, like Fury, but good in most other modes, like Fury

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

Push skills are a liability in TT, like Fury, but good in most other modes, like Fury

tier 3 pushes aren't so mcuh a liability in TT as they are one-and-done. They only activate at 100% and then immediately do 1 damage to you and you will almost certainly be taking damage throughout a TT anyway.

If you bring a healer you can at least even it out.

That said I'd probably slap a push seal as filler more than I would an A Skill so I'm still for it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Pretty much. Someone with Mystic Boost in their B slot (or easy access to self-healing) can get some mileage out of the seal, but ultimately the Push 3 skills are largely rendered useless by their tier 4 versions.

Fallen Edelgard is like, the one unit I could see making a Push 3 skill in her seal slot work, if at all.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So whats the AR strat for duo lyn and duo peony? Do you need 2 peonys to make it work or is plumeria enough?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Here's the breakdown: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/lyderx/the_fully_comprehensive_highend_aro_lynjaforce

Basically Plumeria is great because she's a mythic and also a dancer, basically the Astra counterpart to OG Peony, and Duo Peony is great because she's a double dancer, and all of them can also run Goad Fliers. It's a pretty flexible setup, but I really liked the idea of Lynja soloing AR maps with nothing but dancer help and the double banner is a great opportunity to make that happen, I just need to actually pull another Peony.

E: oh yeah, basically the concept is that you put Fury 4 on a -HP Lynja, get her into WOM range after a couple combats (since she gets auto galeforce from her duo skill), and then WOM-dance her over and over until the enemies are all dead

loquacius fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 20, 2021

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I do it with Duo Peony/Duothea/Duo Sigurd and I feel like a see a fair bit of success for little to no investment.

In an ideal world I'd have a second Duothea or Duony for seasons where I can't run Duo Sig.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AradoBalanga posted:

Pretty much. Someone with Mystic Boost in their B slot (or easy access to self-healing) can get some mileage out of the seal, but ultimately the Push 3 skills are largely rendered useless by their tier 4 versions.

Fallen Edelgard is like, the one unit I could see making a Push 3 skill in her seal slot work, if at all.

Yeah also some of my single purpose built units whose only job is to take out a single unit in AA runs. I’ve got an Ilyana whose only job is to check some damage reduction sword unit who I can’t see giving my DB or SS seal to

Or some non premium healers I already have who only have tier 3 pushes

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Well my extra Bernadetta is definitely getting used for Leonie. It'll be excited to have an all bow cav team for TT this time.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Caspar hits people with a giant fish. I love this stupid game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This paralogue kind of has a vibe where the player's team are horror movie monsters lying in wait for the summer 3H alts to let down their guard

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got a Caspar for my free summon! That's nice.

And wtf Bonus Doubler is his 4* skill?!??!?!

Wow. So I guess I have a Bonus Doubler to give out at my leisure!

I only have it on Nino and Bladeblade so far, so I would welcome suggestions for who else would want it.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

loquacius posted:

This paralogue kind of has a vibe where the player's team are horror movie monsters lying in wait for the summer 3H alts to let down their guard
I'm leveling Fallen Ike in the Hard level ones, so this is doubly true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
…. Have banners always been 45 days long?