Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you down with deep fried thighs?
gently caress yeah
gently caress yeah
View Results

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Well, drat. I'm not usually a huge fan of Wingstop, but I'd gently caress with some chicken thighs. I'm fine with this being a trend. Thighs fuckin own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

they've been spamming advertisements for that for a bit.

but have you actually tried them OP or are you just advertising for them

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

BaconCopter posted:

they've been spamming advertisements for that for a bit.

but have you actually tried them OP or are you just advertising for them

Taste test is coming in like 14 minutes according to the Doordash app. I got sunburnt as gently caress this last weekend, took a day off, and I'm high as gently caress, so idk how accurate the review will be.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
why would they do something so controversial yet so brave

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Taste test is coming in like 14 minutes according to the Doordash app. I got sunburnt as gently caress this last weekend, took a day off, and I'm high as gently caress, so idk how accurate the review will be.

excellent, the perfect state for a proper review

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!
Why do I have to use DoorDash? Can someone tell me if the thighs come with free kidneys like KFC’s do? So many questions.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

fuckin lol the doordash guy delivered my food to North Street Name instead of nondirectional Street Name :negative:

I got a credit back on my account and I'm about to slam an instant ramen into my face. I guess I'll try again tomorrow or something?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Too high for the thigh

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Boneless wings are just breast meat.

Are boneless thighs also just breast meat?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
How much is a boneless thigh and is there a boneless monday promo for them?

I only go to WS on Mon and Tues when they have 50 cent boneless wings.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I ordered in lemon garlic boneless wings from Wingstop, and I had to stop eating them not because I was full, but because they were so salty they hurt my mouth.

edit: :ninja:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 29, 2021

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Wake me up when BreastStop

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Oh hey I forgot I made this thread. Got original buffalo and lemon pepper for both bone-in and boneless thighs and they were pretty good. The bone-in thighs ranged from shockingly small, like only a bit larger than a drummie to a honking big dude larger than my fist.

I think I still like normal wings more. The ratio of chicken to crunch is off with the thigh, there's a lot less skin per bite. The boneless were pretty much like normal boneless but a bit more juicy.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I ordered in lemon garlic boneless wings from Wingstop, and I had to stop eating them not because I was full, but because they were so salty they hurt my mouth.

I agree, the lemon flavors are overwhelmingly salty.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That looks like cat-skin flavored garbage fished out of a homeless shelter. Congrats on ploughing through it. No one should willingly eat that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the one on the right looks diseased.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i eat thighs with my hands so it makes sense. dare i say almost better than wings altogether?

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like thighs more than wings so this was good to me. But there is definitely some aesthetic issues on the dry rub wings.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

Casu Marzu posted:

I agree, the lemon flavors are overwhelmingly salty.

This makes me want to try the lemon flavors for some reason.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

YES!

I just saw this thread and was reading to the end to just post how inedibly salty it is. I absolutely love salt and I just can't do it. It's soooo salty.

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tried some today. Not better than regular wings, but a lot of crunch.

Louisiana Rub supremacy.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

YO DAT ORANGE SZECHUAN IS PRETTY DOPE

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a regular thigh bites combo the other day, mostly because it was the cheapest combo. Even cheaper than 6 wings combo.

They gave me way more chicken in thighs bites than I would have gotten with 6 wings

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I've gotten thigh bites twice now and have liked their price compared to the other wingstop stuff. It's almost like they're just a direct source of flavors which is the whole reason I go there.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
thighs are probably the best chiken cut so how are the fried thighs guys

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I had a regular thigh bites combo the other day, mostly because it was the cheapest combo. Even cheaper than 6 wings combo.

They gave me way more chicken in thighs bites than I would have gotten with 6 wings

Yeah my experience was similar, I actually ordered two orders expecting what I get from them typically and instead, well, I had another meal for a different time.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Had some Lemon Pepper thing bites. Definitely more pepper than lemon. Interesting aftertatse

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
I'm surprised there aren't more fast food wing joints around. A place with wing dings and chicken sandwiches would kill it on the reg.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014

Gregoire posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more fast food wing joints around. A place with wing dings and chicken sandwiches would kill it on the reg.

Then again, the pizza chains may have that on lockdown.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

around here we have zaxbys but it sucks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Locally we have Wingstop, Buffalo Wild Wings, Native, Wings over (the street), and ATL just as chains. A ton of various one-location wing places in town.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I only have experience with Wingstop and Buffalo Wild Wings, but I wouldn't call them fast food. As in you place your order at a cashier or kiosk and receive your food in less than four minutes.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Wings prices are also insane. Before you could get a dozen wings for less than :10bux:, nowadays its more than double.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah it is twenty goddamn dollars for a 10 piece wing + side combo at pluckers

thank god for the local place nearby that does 8 (chonkers) and fries for a ten spot still.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Wings being expensive is a crime tbh, they’re not expensive to produce at all!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

how much could a can of red bull cost, michael?

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Wings being expensive is a crime tbh, they’re not expensive to produce at all!

Luckily dark meat is the superior meat so Thighstop is a blessing.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I ordered some wings to go on my way home from a hike. I go in, and I'm waiting. A family comes in and walks up to the counter to order, and the cashier points at a sign "Please order online, sorry for the inconvenience." They all looked at each other and thought this meant they couldn't eat there, so they left.

That's my story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If I walked into a place and they told me that I would have to install an app just to order I would definitely go somewhere else.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I ordered mine on their website. It was quick n easy. But, yeah, maybe they thought they needed an app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I stopped trying to order in person at Wingstop years ago because it always meant waiting in there 20 minutes minimum.