Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I like the Grillos in isolation but I don’t understand what people use them for. I didn’t think they worked well on burgers or sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I must confess a sin

I have never had the Costco rotisserie chicken

I must rectify my sins soon

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

pentyne posted:

Also found my new favorite, by far, beef jerky. The Snake River Farms wagyu jerky is great, a little salty, but has almost no sugar in it.

Almost put this in my cart but I was already over budget. Will grab a bag next time.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

david_a posted:

I like the Grillos in isolation but I don’t understand what people use them for. I didn’t think they worked well on burgers or sandwiches.
You're supposed to stand over the bucket while you eat two or three of them. Then you dip out a juice glass of the brine and mix it with gin and drink that with another pickle.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

if you've got extra rotie chicken this is the pro thing to do with it FYI

https://copykat.com/olive-garden-chicken-and-gnocchi-soup/

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
rotie chickens are a godsend

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont like grillos very much. this is a claussen house. gang gang

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

low key sex master posted:

I must confess a sin

Soon, you will understand.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Grillos are good for sex stuff, claussens are too floppy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

david_a posted:

They work well enough as a side dish with a meal. Get some rich or spicy food and the pickles are a great combination to clean the palatte. As a snack they're just kind of bland.

AcidCat posted:

Almost put this in my cart but I was already over budget. Will grab a bag next time.

$15 is pretty nuts even for a bag of jerky but it's definitely by far the best I've gotten anywhere. Most of the usual $8-10 bags are good especially when freshly opened but they're all pretty sweet in general and the Wagyu jerky just tastes of beef and soy sauce.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

Grillos are good for sex stuff, claussens are too floppy.

good god man

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
No they're right. If you don't use a stiff pickle you just make a mess.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

low key sex master posted:

I must confess a sin

They are too salty to eat a lot straight imo BUT I buy and use them anyway. I pull it all apart and put in containers in freezer and put that chicken in or on a million different things.
Cheap protein

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Truly cursed

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
My Costco carries Mcclure's garlic spears which are ok but if you can find the sweet and spicy or bread and butter varieties, you'll never need another brand in your life. I used to hate hate HATE pickles and the sweet and spicy converted me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Uncooked pickles or bust.

Clausen is the king for me right now.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Grillos are good but they're too garlicky.

Claussens are the best you can get in a jar.

Nothing even comes close, however, to the big giant pickles you get from the barrel at the deli.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
The grillos have a bigger snap and crunch than a Clausen, but that might not be a good thing. The focus is more on vinegar and garlic and less on dill. I like ‘em.

That said, I used some of my normal pickles when I made tuna salad this weekend, and put a grillo on the side.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i like dill hamburger chips. like, the brine formulation is different. :yum:

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

For a healthier "ice cream" bar, I really liked the Yasso brand frozen greek yogurt bars that my store had recently. My wife liked them too, and she has Opinions about good ice cream and ice cream adjacent desserts. They are low fat and like 100 calories per bar. I don't know how often or widely Costco carries them though.

Dude the mint chocolate chip Yasso bars are extremely my poo poo. I love them just as much as real ice cream.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Spinz posted:

They are too salty to eat a lot straight imo BUT I buy and use them anyway. I pull it all apart and put in containers in freezer and put that chicken in or on a million different things.
Cheap protein

Yeah it's this. Cost can't be beat but way, wayyy too salty. Instead I buy the whole chickens (which cost more but also are much larger) and cook them myself.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Got my $30 gift card like 4 weeks early

Guess I gotta go back to church soon

King Solomon
Jan 20, 2021

Did a Costco run and that refrigerated Del Real carnitas someone mentioned a while back wasn't bad at all. Also grabbed the fire-roasted salsa from the same company for a nice combo.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Made onigiri with that precooked paleo coconut chicken in the middle and some furikake on the outside... holy gently caress !! Also the precooked grass-fed steaks heat up well in a sous vide in the packaging they come in

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

pentyne posted:

Grillo Pickles were solidly disappointing. I guess I don't like regular dill pickles. It didn't help that Costco has for the first time Ive ever seen a giant jar of the Famous Daves spicy pickle chips, which were 10x better.

Also found my new favorite, by far, beef jerky. The Snake River Farms wagyu jerky is great, a little salty, but has almost no sugar in it.

I do not understand the concept of wagyu jerky. I want jerky that I nearly tear teeth out with, not soft gummy stuff.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

spinst posted:

Dude the mint chocolate chip Yasso bars are extremely my poo poo. I love them just as much as real ice cream.

oooh, i gotta try these now. do the Yasso bars come in a variety pack at costco?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

FogHelmut posted:

What the hell? I'm pretty sure I've always redeemed these for cash.
They wrote me a check this year, which was a little weird.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
My wife and I are going back to church today. We were members several years ago but didn't go enough to justify it. We have a spawn now and are going back. I registered online yesterday, going today to get cards and buy stuff. I'm super hyped to go back. Any tips?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
If you see something you like, buy it. It may not be there on your next trip.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Behotti posted:

My wife and I are going back to church today. We were members several years ago but didn't go enough to justify it. We have a spawn now and are going back. I registered online yesterday, going today to get cards and buy stuff. I'm super hyped to go back. Any tips?

Their diapers and wipes are v good, assuming spawn are that age bracket. Aussie bites and marinated mozzarella balls (not together) are A+ parent snacks, though you might burn out on them. If there is a toddler, the applesauce packets are primo. 3 pack of organic whole milk is a great deal. The beef n sausage freezer lasagna is my very favorite no effort meal.

If it’s relevant to your life, I’ve heard good things about the collapsible beach wagon, but can’t vouch for it myself.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

BadSamaritan posted:

Their diapers and wipes are v good, assuming spawn are that age bracket. Aussie bites and marinated mozzarella balls (not together) are A+ parent snacks, though you might burn out on them. If there is a toddler, the applesauce packets are primo. 3 pack of organic whole milk is a great deal. The beef n sausage freezer lasagna is my very favorite no effort meal.

If it’s relevant to your life, I’ve heard good things about the collapsible beach wagon, but can’t vouch for it myself.

Diapers, wipes, formula and those fruit/vegetable pouches are a BIG driving factor of getting back in. Our kid is 9mo old and mom is producing less and less milk so formula is now on the menu for a bit. I'll def look out for those snacks.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Behotti posted:

Making sure you know the codes. If it ends in 97 it's genuinely discounted. If it has an asterisk next to the price they're not going to restock it after what they have sells. Of course grab one of their booklets showing what's on sale.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The Kirkland baby wipes are indispensable well beyond the diaper years. Extremely versatile weapon to have in the household cleaning arsenal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
got a fraud alert on my citi card so they cancelled it and sent me a new one

forgot this happened and waited 10 minutes to get gas yesterday only to realize i couldnt get gas. :negative:

new card was in my mailbox when i got home though.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Bath towels and pillows go on sale tomorrow! Haven’t gotten new of either in like 5 years, so I am PUMPED for new levels of plushness in my life.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I just bought new pillows at the CO Sunday. They were only $12 though so i'm not gonna worry about trying to get a refund on any sale price.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Spinz posted:

Making sure you know the codes. If it ends in 97 it's genuinely discounted. If it has an asterisk next to the price they're not going to restock it after what they have sells. Of course grab one of their booklets showing what's on sale.

these are the tips i'm here for :bubblewoop:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

gvibes posted:

They wrote me a check this year, which was a little weird.

The last couple of years they've been doing checks over $x. I forget the exact amount.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to Costco today I'm excited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Going to Costco today I'm excited

Why would you go today when the sale starts tomorrow?