Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Maestro posted:

OKC only drafts long armed non shooters.

Speaking of centers though. Richaun Holmes’ $5MM deal is up and he’s unrestricted. He played 61 games and put up 23.4/13.6/2.7 per 100 with 1 steal and 2.6 blocks. His D rating of 115 isn’t great but was also the best on the team. Also had a team high O rating of 130. He fits great next to Fox and I love watching him play.

What is the FA market for centers out there? I know the common knowledge is they’re a dime a dozen but that’s more for backups and it’s not exactly true if you want to actually be good. They better re-sign him on like a 4 for $40 type

Edit: obviously $10MM/yr is too much but you know what I mean. Looks like the market is pretty dire https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/center/

No way the Knicks don’t overpay Noel so how about uhh Kanter or ideally Theis

He's going to get a lot more the $10 mill per.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

coming to the devastating realization that realistically the bulls should try to sign cameron payne or derrick rose

How much has being a bulls fan these past couple years just felt like groundhogs day?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Vinestalk posted:

How much has being a bulls fan these past couple years just felt like groundhogs day?

At least now we have a new GM and FO to put some hope into before the inevitable disappointment kicks in.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Lockback posted:

Very well put but unfortunately there are no Nets fans.

Hello

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

does Dinwiddie still have the crypto contract i refer to as "Widcoin"

No, and his other major business venture, using gofundme to get fans to raise money for his new contract, also did not work out

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Im sorry but what is this https://twitter.com/AmoilsNisa/status/1397941442056704011

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Creators that sign up for the platform issue their own Creator Token. As fans purchase it, they get access to particular experiences. Creators decide their own pricing and features include: paid monthly subscription programs, paid live events and jam sessions, video calls, Cameo-style video messages, special requests (cooking classes/personal training), paid follows/shoutouts, NFTs, etc. Galaxy takes a percentage of what is issued by the creator.

Dinwiddie noted “our sights are set on a decentralized future where creators will be able to foster, empower, and incentivize their communities via custom creator tokens, while simultaneously reaping the benefits of the first fully-integrated creator economy.” He has assembled the advisory team to create a robust ecosystem that benefits sports stars and fans alike: Roham Gharegozlou, Founder and CEO of Dapper Labs, the creators of NBA Top Shot, Adrian Lai, CEO of Liquefy, Rahul Kothari, researcher at BlueSky, Twitter's decentralized social networking effort, and Chad Richman, Sr. Legal Counsel for Centre Consortium.

The advisory team, coupled with the Hedera network’s cutting-edge distributed ledger technology, upon which Calaxy is built, will work to put the modern fan at the center of all the action. Roham Gharegozlou, CEO of Dapper Labs, commented, “I’m amped to join Calaxy as an advisor and help reimagine fan interaction for the future. Calaxy's creator-first strategy is attracting an incredible range of NBA players, professional athletes, and talent, all of whom recognize its ability to deepen their direct fan engagement and expand the crypto universe to the masses.”

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

:goshawk:

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

Creators that sign up for the platform issue their own Creator Token. As fans purchase it, they get access to particular experiences. Creators decide their own pricing and features include: paid monthly subscription programs, paid live events and jam sessions, video calls, Cameo-style video messages, special requests (cooking classes/personal training), paid follows/shoutouts, NFTs, etc. Galaxy takes a percentage of what is issued by the creator.

Dinwiddie noted “our sights are set on a decentralized future where creators will be able to foster, empower, and incentivize their communities via custom creator tokens, while simultaneously reaping the benefits of the first fully-integrated creator economy.” He has assembled the advisory team to create a robust ecosystem that benefits sports stars and fans alike: Roham Gharegozlou, Founder and CEO of Dapper Labs, the creators of NBA Top Shot, Adrian Lai, CEO of Liquefy, Rahul Kothari, researcher at BlueSky, Twitter's decentralized social networking effort, and Chad Richman, Sr. Legal Counsel for Centre Consortium.

The advisory team, coupled with the Hedera network’s cutting-edge distributed ledger technology, upon which Calaxy is built, will work to put the modern fan at the center of all the action. Roham Gharegozlou, CEO of Dapper Labs, commented, “I’m amped to join Calaxy as an advisor and help reimagine fan interaction for the future. Calaxy's creator-first strategy is attracting an incredible range of NBA players, professional athletes, and talent, all of whom recognize its ability to deepen their direct fan engagement and expand the crypto universe to the masses.”

Pretty interesting

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

According to NBA insider Marc J. Spears, the 31-year-old point guard will most likely be moved by the Thunder. He thinks that the Los Angeles Lakers should try to get him. Spears also revealed that Kyle Kuzma appears to be leaving the 2020 NBA champions.

ESPNinsider easily beaten to the punch by SARicksider, Rick

It would really put the Lakers on a roller coaster of health and make them even more dependent on Anthony Davis's defense and health but Kuzma has started to offer so little offensively that it's hard to have him on the floor so I would understand this move. I would prefer Lowry but the price on that of course is way higher.

What a weird world where Kuzma was a loving terrible defender but ultimately was usually on the right end of the chucker value index to a guy who's a pretty solid defender but provides no offensive value.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao ben simmons

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Sixers fans. Look, it's easy to be dejected after continually knocking on the door for as long as this team has and losing in game 7. You as fans have been through some bad poo poo for years and years. But, sometimes it takes a moment like this one to realize that you have to change something to get back to the good poo poo. You were the top seed in the East and you have an MVP caliber player in Embiid. It's time to find the right players to bring around him to make the next step forward.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao gently caress ben simmons

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I wish Philly the best of luck finding either a coach who will tell Ben straight up that he's not a point guard or a team that will give you something decent for him.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

I Before E posted:

I wish Philly the best of luck finding either a coach who will tell Ben straight up that he's not a point guard or a team that will give you something decent for him.

He's going to Toronto in a sign and trade for Kyle Lowry.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Get Simmons to the Jazz where they don’t need him to shoot or score.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

He's going to Toronto in a sign and trade for Kyle Lowry.

He'll make an excellent 6th man of the year

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Get Simmons to the Jazz where they don’t need him to shoot or score.

finally the mobile backup center the jazz have been missing

e: okay but hear me out though

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 21, 2021

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Why isn’t he tossing that fish into the cooler? Ah wait never mind.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

finally the mobile backup center the jazz have been missing

e: okay but hear me out though

Bojan was made to be a Sixers player.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

de curry GOAT posted:

Pretty interesting

Lmfao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
whatever I'm just ready for Korkmaz to get paid this summer and for Maxey to take over PG duties

i hope Ben succeeds elsewhere because they are definitely trading him after last night. he's broken worse than Markelle ever was and it makes me sad even though i shouldn't give a poo poo

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Stevie Lee posted:

i hope Ben succeeds elsewhere because they are definitely trading him after last night. he's broken worse than Markelle ever was and it makes me sad even though i shouldn't give a poo poo

It is sad to see a dude get mentally broken by the pressures outside their control. It's always depressing because people just dog on them even harder, which just exacerbates the problem.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Telluric Whistler posted:

It is sad to see a dude get mentally broken by the pressures outside their control. It's always depressing because people just dog on them even harder, which just exacerbates the problem.

yeah goalies in other sports have the same problem and I do feel bad for them

that said simmons is making 30 million a year for the next four years so roasting him for a few days until people forget about the sixers is fair

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Telluric Whistler posted:

What about Ben Simmons is out of his control?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

three posted:

What about Ben Simmons is out of his control?

You can't always force your brain to work right

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The "Attemping to diagnose a person playing sports with a mental disease" thing is getting kinda gross

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

The "Attemping to diagnose a person playing sports with a mental disease" thing is getting kinda gross

tbf he himself said he had to find a way to get his mind right.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Lockback posted:

I think my diagnosis of Focal Basketball Benjamin Button Disease wrt his shooting followed all the necessary criteria

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Lockback posted:

saying someone's confidence is shot is not like picking out an exact page of the DSM

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Booyah- posted:

saying someone's confidence is shot is not like picking out an exact page of the DSM

yeah, I'm not trying to go there. It's just clearly a mental thing.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lockback posted:

Yeah, like the best thing to say is that he's got a bad case of the yips, which is both not something in the DSM and also an objectively real and well defined thing that happens to professional athletes from time to time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah saying that the guy who was scared to challenge Trae Young at the rim might have a confidence issue does not really seem out of bounds

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
As soon as Fultz got out of Philly his stats went up and he looked like a different player.

Sometimes that reset of space is just needed.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Here's a quote for this thread

quote:

“I’ll be honest,” Joel Embiid said after the game. “I thought the turning point was when we, I don’t know how to say it, when we had an open shot and we made one free throw.”

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1407059673560358914?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Steve Clifford would be an extremely Pacersy hire.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A youtube fella did a breakdown of Raptor FA targets

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SI-uMyK1k&t=973s

I liked some of the ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1407067551390060561?s=19

Not t his best work, but I'll give it a gentleman's B+.