Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Shoehead posted:

This red dragon in the barrier tower is giving me hell. But at the very least if I get out if here I'll be farther in this game than I've ever gotten!
Fun tip: Red Dragons are Undead (and thus injured by Cura(ga) and Hi-Potions, and they’re also vulnerable to ice, earth, Old, Slow, and Stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Shoehead posted:

This red dragon in the barrier tower is giving me hell. But at the very least if I get out if here I'll be farther in this game than I've ever gotten!

girl dick energy posted:

Fun tip: Red Dragons are Undead (and thus injured by Cura(ga) and Hi-Potions, and they’re also vulnerable to ice, earth, Old, Slow, and Stop.

The only thing is that they also have innate reflect.

As for the red dragon, I'd say just either skip it, you absolutely do NOT need a blood sword and you can survive with a gold hairpin from a later location.

Or you run from the chest and retry for the 2 yellow dragon fight.

In fact I would go beyond just suggesting and say you should do this.

get your beastmaster to catch one, and if you've got someone else who learned it do it too. Yellow Dragons can be deathclawed which will give you a free catch of them. They'll be your best friend for the last W2 fight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

FeyerbrandX posted:

The only thing is that they also have innate reflect
Oh, gently caress, they do, don’t they? poo poo.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Ok I picked up a second Berserker at the earth shrine, so, lol, I have Red mage / Dancer / Berserker / Berserker.

I'll keep the 2 berserkers because that's #bersekerrisk which I opted for. Is Ninja / Black mage a good match for 2 Berserkers? What do I do about healing?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

redreader posted:

Ok I picked up a second Berserker at the earth shrine, so, lol, I have Red mage / Dancer / Berserker / Berserker.

I'll keep the 2 berserkers because that's #bersekerrisk which I opted for. Is Ninja / Black mage a good match for 2 Berserkers? What do I do about healing?

Ninja and Black Mage stand on their own. Berserkers with !Black6 will dominate with the Gaia Hammer and Rune Axe. Ninja would also love !Black6 and Black Mage would use !Throw.

To heal, you'd need to grind cash for flame rings and self target with fira(ga) Or just murder everything before they get a chance to hurt you.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Incoherence posted:

Speaking of beginners and/or idiots, I've never played this game before and also don't have any actual physical damage so this felt like a good idea at the time

It’s definitely been entertaining watching you run into things for the first time!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

girl dick energy posted:

Oh, gently caress, they do, don’t they? poo poo.

Nah, they don't. It would actually be kind of nice if they had innate Reflect, since that'd make it much easier to learn Level 3 Flare.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

girl dick energy posted:

Is this like a flag left over from another dragon or something?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Is there any benefit to dual-wielding rods for an elemental caster?

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Grevlek posted:

Is there any benefit to dual-wielding rods for an elemental caster?

If you dual-wield the same rod, you can break one and still get the 50% elemental boost on it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Huh, I stand mistaken, I swear that I've tried to cast on them and get destroyed by it.

e: also forgot you don't NEED to spam lightning 4 times to end the last fight in W2. You have blue mage that's enough.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 20, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Is this like a flag left over from another dragon or something?
FF5 dragons have a weird relationship with living/undeath.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FeyerbrandX posted:

The only thing is that they also have innate reflect.

That's Shield Dragons that have innate reflect, not the Meatfort color squad.

Absolutely do not fight Shield Dragons unless you have a Beastmaster or you hate life.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Looks like my run for this year is Ninja/Zerky/Red/Black. There's some synergies there but it's not perfect or anything. Still, when it was before Black's reveal I was certainly a mite more worried. Trying to decide how much statue grinding to do.

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
Before I make an effort post on my run ya'll can have a small bell kill, as a treat.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

TheWonderTrickster posted:

Before I make an effort post on my run ya'll can have a small bell kill, as a treat.

I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Arrrthritis posted:

:toxx:
For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

Turns out counting is hard, and Meteor does big number. :pseudo:

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Twenty cents in the pokey. And that's my first run of the year done, meaning I'm still keeping my streak of Some Sort Of Fiesta up. :toot:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

This is as far as I've ever gotten and I fully have no idea what I'm doing

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

girl dick energy posted:

I just got killed by a Ghidra in the ten steps between Archie and the next cutscene. :cripes: In honor of this, and to do something productive with the experience...

:toxx: $1 every time someone wipes after a difficult boss but before they can save. Yes, the Void counts. Limit one per player. Max of $10.

Use your best judgment and the honor system for what counts as "difficult".

Well as annoying as this wipe was thank you for making it worth something. Died on the bridge after Gilgamesh

Edit:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Fire 2 spellblade Ninja is also pretty efficient. I did use Phoenix Downs but only to resurrect the dead ninja.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 21, 2021

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Arrrithritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).

Finished my first run on Waddler's Balance Patch. Monk getting !Spellblade 4 and !White 4 was really useful in places during this run.

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
Run 1:

Yes I job faired for 4 Freelancers.

ultrafilter posted:

It's :toxx: time, but I'm going to do something different this year. Everyone loves quadzerks, but how about quad geomancers or quad red mages? I'll throw in $10 per regular job that someone does a quad run of, and $20 for Freelancer/Mime/Gladiator/Oracle/Cannoneer. Some of those runs will be pretty miserable, but it's for a good cause, and let's face it: thread regulars have done worse.

e: No balance patches or randomizers, please. The point of this is to have the vanilla experience.

"Hey Freelancers can Triple Crown, so I can do this"
(Granted it took me until the week before fiesta to think what I can do in order to touch Omega with Freelancers).

DalaranJ posted:

Number Go Up
Recommended: Thief, but not Samurai
Complete the game without spending any money (which includes using !cointoss).

"Oh well there's a spreadsheet in the Discord we use that can tell me all the farmable drops I can use, this is possible"

(tl;dr- Farmed in the Wind Shrine World 1 for Elixirs, grinded in the desert for levels, killed paos for tents and cure beasts for more elixirs in World 2, and did too many things in W3/Void for Omega and because the power spikes in w3 are big)

nrook posted:

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I went to get all the tablets and decided to only sell the weapons I did not use or would not have used.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.

I technically broke the no spending gil run to also do this toxx, but as mentioned over Discord, that's the one exception.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Arrrthritis posted:

Honestly I held A to fight NED, saw his last part enrage and killed someone with a Meteor, and I decided to kill off the other two.

And the Shinryu kill for prosperity.

Kyrosiris posted:

:siren: This is a :toxx: that will get you an exclusive role in the FJF discord :siren:

DID YOU KNOW: The Rune Chime is flagged as a Song-category attack!
DID YOU KNOW: Stompbot cannot evade music! (this is why you can stop lock him with bard)

CHALLENGE: Defeat Omega while your only source of damage is a Rune Chime.

You can use whatever supporting jobs you want. You may stop-lock. You may mix your Geomancer into godhood. No holds barred... but the only offense is the DING.

:20bux: to charity and a custom vanity title in the Discord of your choice to the winner!

Congratulations, Galick!

Yeah I know I took too long that I lost this in the middle of my attempts but gosh darn it this made me realize that I could Triple Crown with four Freelancers in the first place and there's no point to doing any fiesta run if I can't Triple Crown.

The setup:

The girls were zombified with those set ups in order to be dummy targets on Omega's counters and for possible rolls to heal Bartz. I should have put on armor with higher magic evasion than Gaia Gear's 18 but I assumed I needed to shuffle equipment on Bartz. Speaking of, that Bartz set up was after attempt 32, when I decided to use the equipment glitch to transfer over confusion prevention while still having better stats. Funnily enough in the middle of my winning attempt I only realized I could have used the glitch with the Hermes Sandals while using a Protect Ring for more magic evasion and use the Masamune to apply Haste.

For those wondering how I have multiple Aegis Shields-

The Strat:
Mainly I needed to be at least 5600 HP to attack after every Wave Cannon. For the part of Omega's script to go from Wave Cannon to its two turns in a row, I needed to be at least over 3600 while keeping my turn up for a possible bad Maelstrom roll.

So this was the winning attempt (Attempt #39):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckk-Pr1mLM

I made many execution mistakes that should have costed me the run but Omega was particularly merciful I suppose.
Edit: Oh right since I didn't edit the video a few things that may pop up in there-
1. I stretched my arms while holding my controller and the triggers hit the desk so I think it pressed on either my fast forward or rewind triggers. Funnily enough I switched to a different emulator than my usual one so I couldn't use those functions even by accident while recording but uh
2. The gil being capped out is that I stayed on a *8 exp/gil multiplier rom I made using Exdeath because I really didn't want to grind to 99 for Omega without doing that. Or at least within the timeframe. I beat the game in the middle of the week and did all of my Omega attempts over the weekend.

That was the run. I don't need to play anymore for the Fiesta. Maybe. I'll think about it after the next two weeks.

TheWonderTrickster fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 21, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's quite the run. Noted for my toxx.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021
Started a RegFF1 run, got 2 White Mages and 2 Knights.

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 21, 2021

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Holy crap!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Please do, like, a 750 for your next run. You deserve nice things.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheWonderTrickster posted:

That was the run. I don't need to play anymore for the Fiesta. Maybe. I'll think about it after the next two weeks.

Yeah, gently caress it.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Another couple corpses for the pile:

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a couple of Toxxes this year for the people who are interested!

I'll be donating $2 for every boss that's defeated with the power of !Gaia. Just for the hell of it, i'll make it $6 every time someone beats Omniscient with Gaia as well. Screenshot/Gif of the boss getting destroyed is all the proof I'll need.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Koobes posted:

Turns out this is much easier with a Black Mage.

That's all of World 1, 17 bosses if they all count. I'll be moving onto 2 and 3 soon.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

Just like last year, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will count on Carbybot using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. Because times are tight right now, I'll probably be capping out at $10, but we'll see.

Only managed to get one this run but ah well.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

While leveling my own Beastmaster, I noticed something important missing...

Further Violence

:toxx: I pledge a further 1$ for every boss attacked by a Skull Eater! Maximum $100.

Additionally, I'll separately count $5 for every NED that gets the Skull Eater treatment.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Second run down, another triple crown in the books. Party was Ranger/Thief/Summoner/Bard, it was hand picked for this toxx:

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, here's a more radical :toxx: that I'm going to add on top of my last one.
Number Go Up
Recommended: Thief, but not Samurai
Complete the game without spending any money (which includes using !cointoss).

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402681856152248324
Animals is really good early, Nightingale almost entirely eliminates the need to use inns or tents until world 3. That eliminated almost all of the grinding until world 3 when I needed a bunch of levels and items to get the triple crown.

The most annoying was getting 4 sets of Hermes sandals, they are a drop from a rare enemy in Phoenix Tower.

Also decided to go ahead and do this:

Rosalie_A posted:

-Samurai without using !Zeninage.
-Chemist without using !Mix.
-Ranger without using !Rapid Fire (the menu command. Hayate Bow is fine).
-Red Mage without using !Dualcast.
-A write-in of your choice where a defining or powerful ability for the job is left unused. I just mention those four above because you're not defaulting to a bad Freelancer if you hold back. I'll accept any good faith effort on this, in case you want to do a Bard without !Sing or something for whatever reason.
I didn't use Rapid Fire for this run, Ranger was primarily around for healing and by the time Nightingale wasn't keeping up I had my bard and was able to just lock down almost anything anyway, so it wasn't too painful to just let the Ranger do other stuff

Few others I did along the way

nrook posted:

I sold 9 out of 12

Koobes posted:

Freebie

Arrrthritis posted:

Krile actually went down during Treedeath but I ran out of Phoenix Downs so I just left her :v:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Second run down, another triple crown in the books. Party was Ranger/Thief/Summoner/Bard, it was hand picked for this toxx:

Animals is really good early, Nightingale almost entirely eliminates the need to use inns or tents until world 3. That eliminated almost all of the grinding until world 3 when I needed a bunch of levels and items to get the triple crown.

Yeah, it is, I'm locked out of White Wind until the end of W2 so I'm mainly using Nightingale right now. Of course with Blue, I get to one shot a lot of bosses before I get there.

Anyway, I have 2 $10's now, but I think there was one on the discord that may not have posted here? Can someone find it for me? e: Closer inspection shows that the person who mentioned it on the Discord was The Wonder Trickster, so I'm good.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 22, 2021

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

StrangeAeon posted:

Further Violence

:toxx: I pledge a further 1$ for every boss attacked by a Skull Eater! Maximum $100.

Additionally, I'll separately count $5 for every NED that gets the Skull Eater treatment.

As far as I'm aware, this only works on the Matrix version, and it requires !Mix to make the Skull Eater capturable. For the effort it is definitely the best !Release in Matrix, significantly more powerful version of Bearaga (named, naturally, Squirrelaja)

Ace Transmuter fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 22, 2021

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Come to think of it, do we even have any proof that it works? I theorized that Squirrelaja might be possible in Matrix, but I don't recall ever seeing it proved.

E:

Ace Transmuter posted:

⦁ (CHM) The !Mix effect Goliath Tonic now works on monsters.

For those curious, this is the Matrix version difference that makes it theoretically possible to !Capture Skull Eater. As for actually pulling it off, I've never seen it done, and haven't tried it yet myself.

Ace Transmuter fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 22, 2021

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
If Pure Chaos gives me an Earth job first, do I keep using Freelancer until I get it?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

El Generico posted:

If Pure Chaos gives me an Earth job first, do I keep using Freelancer until I get it?

Depends! If you're using something like the fiesta mod where all the jobs are unlocked at the start, you can just swap. If not, you're freelancin' until the water crystal, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

El Generico posted:

We're not fiesta cops here.

If you do decide to freelancer, remember they have the power of the rod.