Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are you talking about Jarrett or the Real Double J?

I thought boring guy made it pretty obvious it was jarrett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Didn't road dogg have a music video or something during the Jarrett Road dog feud :negative:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hirez posted:

Didn't road dogg have a music video or something during the Jarrett Road dog feud :negative:

I think so but his best work was definitely with K-Kwik

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

But! Van Hammer!

Sounds like you're trying to do a "Turn your Crank to Frank" advertisement for wrestling music gimmicks.

"Double J and The Roadie. Double J and the Roadie"

"Van Hammer!" :haw:

:confused: "What is Van Hammer?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUr32SI5YTE&t=67s

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 11, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Am I out of Van Hammer? Do I need more Van Hammer?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know there were post oWn Disciple matches but I don't remember him being dressed like this! Almost ready to break out The Booty Man.

https://twitter.com/IandrewDiceClay/status/1404865034833047555

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I know there were post oWn Disciple matches but I don't remember him being dressed like this! Almost ready to break out The Booty Man.

https://twitter.com/IandrewDiceClay/status/1404865034833047555

God drat, count me in as also not knowing he ever went back to that gear in WCW. And what a fuckin' main event – Beefcake vs Duggan in, what? 1998? 1999? Woof.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo is that a trip :stare:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what if zubaz turned into a human being

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The guy from Super Best Friends Play?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm watching the second WCW all-nighter for the first time in probably 20 years. Gordon Solie has just popped in to join Okerlund, Schiavone, Heenan and Dusty.

The commercials are just as nostalgic. Back-to-back were ads for The Mask on VHS and a Jaguar ad featuring Doom.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Yikes, I guess he dropped the biker gear and...cut his hair? the second Warrior left.

Did Ed Leslie ever have a character that worked, besides Beefcake? I mean, Beefcake didn't work for me, but I guess it was sort of a coherent thing for awhile.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That was his pre-Barber gear.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Did Ed Leslie ever have a character that worked, besides Beefcake? I mean, Beefcake didn't work for me, but I guess it was sort of a coherent thing for awhile.

"Being hogan's lackey" worked pretty well :v:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Halloween Jack posted:

Yikes, I guess he dropped the biker gear and...cut his hair? the second Warrior left.

Well, I mean, he did main event Starrcade '94 against Hogan as "The Butcher", but that was basically Beefcake, so... no?

I have no idea, though, if the Boulder Brothers were actually what you'd call "successful".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"hulk hogan's good friend" was like the best money gimmick in existence in the 80s

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Obligatory OSW Review Brutus Retrospective:

https://youtu.be/V7OPKZLrOTs

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Little kid me loved "Brutus the barber Beefcake".

I also loved the way his opponents would sell having a small lock of hair cut from their flowing 80s manes as if they had been stabbed in the face several times.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Little kid me loved "Brutus the barber Beefcake".

I also loved the way his opponents would sell having a small lock of hair cut from their flowing 80s manes as if they had been stabbed in the face several times.

Same here - he was one of the few WWF action figures who came with an accessory. I still have those shears around here somewhere.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i remember liking Brutus too, his name was fun to say and he had big scissors

very much an act for the kids

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But he'd run with the scissors.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY MAN

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Get it? The HIGH KNEE?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Have we ever discussed the American Males sizzle reel here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUevzSfaiGo

Riggs has claimed this ended up being the actual video for the A-Ha song that was used here, but I'm not sure I buy that. There are no non-wrestling-related sources for it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wait, I thought it was an INXS song

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
10 years ago these would have been the top 2 faces on one of those c card shows wwf would have in high school gyms.

Probably against the Barbrian and volkoff.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Boulder Brothers sounds like a lovely black box NES game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1407687168550649856

A: a deep cut indeed
B: holy poo poo I want that shirt

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DJExile posted:

the Villanos Pink Panther shirt would have kept WCW afloat

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1407687168550649856

A: a deep cut indeed

There is a large chunk of the wrestling bootleg merch contingent who would probably repro that shirt

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
When someone asks you the difference between a lariat and a clothesline

https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1409904864289820678

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think it was something like a clothesline involves a straight arm, and a lariat has a slightly bent one. Something like that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I always thought it was a clothesline when you hold your arm rigid, but with a lariat there’s forward movement of the arm

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
something something lariat region of France, something something sparkling clothesline

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Isn't a lariat when you run your arm into the other guy and a clothesline when the other guy runs into your arm

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Isn't a lariat when you run your arm into the other guy and a clothesline when the other guy runs into your arm

Yeah that’s basically what I was trying to say

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I mean if we're actually hashing this out...a clothesline requires the opponent to be knocked down by your outstretched arm. It's still a clothesline if you're running at them and they're standing still, but it has to hit them like, y'know, a clothesline would hit somebody who accidentally ran into it. In football terms, it's a "stiff arm."

Now if you swing your forearm into someone's neck, that's a lariat. You can lariat someone in the corner, but you can't clothesline someone in the corner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lariats and clotheslines are the same thing. Same as an axe bomber. All the same move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
This is like saying the new Mongolian chops are the same as the classic Mongolian chops. Smdh