Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

People who couldn't whistle phoning an ambulance was Darwinism at its finest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I was an iPhone person for far too long, though I always get pre-owned phones. I normalised the fact that within 12 months of use the battery would poo poo itself and anything under 30% charge was risking random resets.

I got an Android phone 2 years ago and its great, the specs are still good and the battery still chugs out a good two days of use.

iPhone cameras were great though

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The thing about camera phones is that you are so limited by the tiny aperture size that regardless of whether the picture is taken on a top of the range iPhone or a mediocre android they are really only good for snaps and selfies. For the price difference you could get a mirrorless with a kit lens, maybe a zoom lens as well. Like if you actually want the best thing why not have the best thing?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

£500 on a DSLR just to send Looke dick pics just isn't practical for me atm

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Enhance

ENHANCE

Yup, ratty crabs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/jkurensky/status/1406602636250468358

Sorry to crosspost my own tweet, but this is a big problem

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiKyfd6hA0

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Desperate to get something out of this Amazon prime day but can't think of anything I need...

Seen a guidebook that I quite fancy though - "A tourists guide to buying property near greggses in Cornwall".

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
and that's why you take a measuring tape with you everywhere you go

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My reaction when the dick pick Polaroid ratty sent me didn’t develop properly 😢

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

overexposed in more ways than one

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

crispix posted:

and that's why you take a measuring tape with you everywhere you go

If her tape measure goes all the way to 10cm, she's not been looking at Goon dick pics.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm off to work

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I passed my exams so I went out for ice cream

I am 35 this year

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ratjaculation posted:

iPhone cameras were great though

You should try a pixel, all of them have such ridiculously good cameras, even back to an old pixel 1 or 2.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

CancerCakes posted:

I am 35 this year

If I am ever too old to go out for ice cream then I don't want to grow up. My favourite Disney movie as a kid was Peter Pan and I didn't learn anything from it.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Laying 120m of artificial grass as a 'temporary' garden finish.
Who spends £10k for a temp garden what the gently caress

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

That's expensive fake grass

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

He did say it's 120 miles of it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

Who spends £10k for a temp garden what the gently caress

second_home.txt

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

has there ever been an artificial lawn that doesn't look like complete poo poo?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Perhaps there is an artisanal artificial grass with bespoke hand made fake daisies and stuff lovingly stitched in by blogging embroiders.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

CancerCakes posted:

I am 35 this year

what kind

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

11+

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I have artificial grass on my balcony and it's absolutely amazing. Cost a couple of hundred quid top though.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gotta expect to pay top dollar for sky grass

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Vitamins posted:

has there ever been an artificial lawn that doesn't look like complete poo poo?

I guess if it doesn't look poo poo then you can't tell at a glance that it is artificial so would you even notice a not poo poo one?

The one in the garden out the back of my house looks rubbish because it's under a couple of trees so it just gets a bunch of leaves and crap dropped on it. They have to keep cleaning it to stop stuff starting to grow on it. Also it just looks like plastic grass.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Apparently the previous tenant in my current house hated the grass in the garden so much they were fully willing to pay to have it replaced with plastic grass. The landlord said no. There's nothing wrong with the grass, I guess they were just too lazy to mow it? And were willing to spend thousands of quid on a place they'd only live for a year. loving nutter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
House along from me has astroturf out front, and it looks terrible. It's almost neon green and very noticeable. When it pelted down a few days ago, his front garden was covered in water because I guess it doesn't drain?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Environmentally making a plastic product to replace natural and readyily available grass seems terrible and differing that should be banned. But I wonder when you look at it there's more to it than that with all the water and energy that people like to pour into keeping a lawn neat and tidy. I suppose grass is a habitat for all sorts of things but then again maybe we should be trying to encourage evolution to produce some bug that eats plastic and AstroTurf is a good way to do that. But. Maybe. Not

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I mean plain grass lawns mown short aren't exactly ecologically friendly either but at least they won't shed microplastics and can soak up water.

Then again if you have a lawn full of daisies, clover, violets etc. And don't keep it mown short that's much better.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My council seems intent on putting wildflowers everywhere which is nice. Wish people would do that instead of boring lawns. Not that anyone has lawns round here

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Whenever I see my dad I am asked if I've cut my grass yet. If I have, I should be doing it more often. The man lusts for constant grass murder

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Whenever I see my dad I am asked if I've cut my grass yet. If I have, I should be doing it more often. The man lusts for constant grass murder

My dad has this affliction too. Was there maybe a time in the 70s where grass grew to bamboo height very briefly and now boomers are traumatized over it?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I haven't mown my lawn since I moved in, nearly 5 years ago.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wildflower lawns turn into dandelion lawns in about 8 seconds.

I wish my neighbour would stop smoking weed outside, it started out as a few tester joints and now the fucker is blazing 24/7 and you have to close the front windows as well :(

Misty Fog
Aug 18, 2020
I guess the only benefit of not having a lawn is not having to mow it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm in a Preston Travelodge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007