Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Raiad posted:

the way obama approached it, so was "universal healthcare"

waaaaaaaaait a minute...this means....they all had the same goals?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Also LOL @ D&D genuinely being shocked that 'uh excuse me we moved the kids out of ICE camps (into different camps)' led to the problem just festering. Uncle Joe said he'd fix it! :ohdear:

im surprised they're shocked and not just smugly saying that this is the best thing possible for the kids and what, do you leftists want us to be like trump???

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

wake me up when someone runs on planning to put a nuclear reactor in the whitehouse

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Trabisnikof posted:

Jimmy Carter is directly responsible for the massive growth in the coal industry and massive build out of coal power plants lol

Lol

quote:

On a sweltering day in July 1979, President Jimmy Carter flew to Kentucky with a message: The nation’s energy future rested on coal.

Not only was coal cheap and abundant, Carter made clear as he donned a hard hat to tour the Cane Run power plant near Louisville — it could also exist side by side with protecting the environment. Cane Run was ecologically state-of-the-art, one of the first plants in the country equipped to scrub acid rain-causing chemicals from its exhaust, making it “a testimony to the technological genius of Americans,” the president said. And for a nation traumatized by soaring energy prices, where more than a fifth of the power supply still came from burning oil, coal could help free the U.S. from its dangerous reliance on the Middle East.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

theCalamity posted:

Has Biden closed the cam-

sees that children are being fed raw chicken at the border

oh

Biden has been emptying the camps, FYI.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

im surprised they're shocked and not just smugly saying that this is the best thing possible for the kids and what, do you leftists want us to be like trump???

my favorite was 'what are we supposed to do just kick them out of a bus in the middle of the nearest city?! It's literally either that or concentration camps, that's the only choice!'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Carter was complicit in the East Timorese genocide

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czfKPaypNsU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
remember that dont stop thinking about tomorrow video when bernie announced? lmao hope the country burns

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

That's weird, dnd tried to gaslight me into thinking biden closed the camps. Sounds like they have some moderation problems!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1407373564752367627?s=20

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Bootleg Trunks posted:

That's weird, dnd tried to gaslight me into thinking biden closed the camps. Sounds like they have some moderation problems!

Maybe Biden can’t close the camps but can he at least get these kids some Disney+ ?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

drat.

quote:

Clinton Administration officials told the New York Times that US support for Suharto was "driven by a potent mix of power politics and emerging markets." Suharto was Washington's favoured ruler of the "ultimate emerging market" who deregulated the economy and opened Indonesia to foreign investors. "He's our kind of guy," said a senior Administration official who dealt often on Asian policy.

"our kind of guy" yup, not at all for the rich profiting more.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Jun 22, 2021

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:nallears:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hey now, every coal power plant had to have a decent chemical plant attached to it after that so meaningful emissions were only nice safe harmless carbon dioxide instead of nasty stuff like mercury and sulfur dioxide!

my power electronics professor said that when she ran a plant operators actually made a decent profit off capturing that stuff but i'm not sure if she meant operationally or if it it actually paid for the original capex

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yang is finished

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

tbh I'm glad of that happening this time around because the people that went "If you set the kids free they'll starve to death, do you want all those kids dead?" are psychopaths

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

and the massacre of pro democracy protesters in south korea

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's amazing how hard he sold out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1407341500342706184

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Tax credits spotted!!!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1407370328054054917?s=20

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

and the massacre of pro democracy protesters in south korea

I had no loving idea south korea ever had a dictatorship until I took a class on east asian history in college because I needed a humanities credit. funny how that little nugget slipped through the educational cracks

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i just remembered some of the stuff i was coming to conclusions on back in 2017 and even throughout 2020...

it's amazing that positing that the democratic party is the biggest and most immediate barrier to political change towards progressive/leftist was responded with "GO AWAY DOOMER!!!!"

like the guy literally said "Nothing will fundamentally change", jfc lmao

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Biden totally wants to do good things but... but he just can't OKAAAAY!!! :qqsay::champ:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

hell yeah

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

charlie brown is going to try and kick that football again, and this time he thinks he'll do it!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/1406979632965066752

see this is why despite him being a dumb nerd with nonsense dumb nerd plans i like andrew yang

sure hes laughing and joking and spraying whipped cream into supporters mouths at the slightest provocation when its just dumb campaign bullshit but the dead serious glare he gives answering this question suggests he one hundred percent understands that adams winning would be a nightmare that must be stopped

Or, it could just be because Eric Adams is the front-runner and Yang's chances of winning are even further lowered if people rank Adams highly even when voting for him. It's the same reason he decided to ally with that other candidate - it's a a strategy for the RCV.

Yang is not even remotely good in any way, even though he'd be the funniest of the available choices to win.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Covid destroyed regional transit in Chicagoland and I don't even know what the plan is now

Like here's the schedule for the trains leaving downtown on the line I live off of which goes to the wealthiest, most politically influential people
Absolutely unusable by anyone working 9-5. No wonder ridership is below 20% of pre pandemic peak

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

thanks obama

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

what the gently caress?

how?

why?

Because China, Iran, and Venezuela have far more open, free and, fair elections than the US at any level

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

If they get 1 Republican to support it and it fails 51-49 that is the victory that Joe Manchin wants.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

hes right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
if u talk poo poo about the peanut president u can gently caress off, and also prepare to taste my blade.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

if u talk poo poo about the peanut president u can gently caress off, and also prepare to taste my blade.

might as well defend bill clinton while your at it

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

she said she was 18

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

gradenko_2000 posted:

dunno what this is and ill never learn more about it or anything else thats ever happened outside the lower 49. thank you for your understanding

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lumpentroll posted:

he doesnt have a funny gimmick as far as i know so i dont have an angle here. will have to workshop this

well other than being a "coomer" as they say on the 'net

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Smythe posted:

he doesnt have a funny gimmick as far as i know so i dont have an angle here. will have to workshop this

saxophone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

sax and sox the cat for sure but need more