Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Tsunodo is a talented rookie and it shows while Mazepin is clearly a talentless hack , op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jon Carbuncle posted:

I’d probably swear like a sailor also if somebody is bugging me while I’m driving a car at 150 while fiddling with a steering wheel that looks like somebody just dumped a bunch of surplus controller parts on it.

Oh and I had to communicate in a second language on top of that.

Also you've had a bit of a poo poo run of the past few races which are also some of your first F1 races so you're constantly trying to focus on redeeming yourself and performing as well as your teammate rather than languishing in the Williams/Alfa/Uralkali "2 laps left when they pop the champagne" bracket.

Like I said, I empathize with the swearing and it's probably something he'll get past once he's more comfortable with how he's doing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope he keeps swearing forever.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

hopefully they let him

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Tsunoda's talent has been massively overstated and is just a marketing ploy to capture the japanese demographic. Gassly is mopping the floor with him, which is expected, but still confirmation Tsunoda is nothing special. He'll last the 2022 season and then get the boot.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

By "they" I think they actually mean humiliating losses.

e: also Tsunoda needed to stay in junior series for a few more years. Teams need to stop hiring drivers too young. I've said it before but the run of "wunderkinds" in the form of Alonso, Kimi, Lewis, and Vettel at the start of the century broke a lot of people's brains.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

That’s it I’m stanning tsunodo wdc from now on

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Just lemme eatcha, one time
Ay yi yiiii

a pipe smoking dog posted:

e: also Tsunoda needed to stay in junior series for a few more years. Teams need to stop hiring drivers too young. I've said it before but the run of "wunderkinds" in the form of Alonso, Kimi, Lewis, and Vettel at the start of the century broke a lot of people's brains.

Agreed. And weren't all of your earlier examples in the feeder series a bit longer than Tsunoda? They seem to forget that the feeder series teach a lot more than raw speed, and they keep pulling them forward where they're way out of their depth, doesn't honestly seem fair to both parties as you might squander a talent by pushing it too hard too fast.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Watching some highlights from last year and Checo did pretty good last year at the Red Bull Ring so he just might get another win imo.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Seems to have impulse control issues. Loves to eat, curse, and play video games. Say what you will about Max and Seb but they were amazing for their ages and Red Bull keeps making these long bets on young drivers because of it. Maybe he can borrow Jos for a year and learn the Way of Fist and Wall

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

Watching some highlights from last year and Checo did pretty good last year at the Red Bull Ring so he just might get another win imo.

he set the current lap record there last year iirc

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Seems to have impulse control issues. Loves to eat, curse, and play video games. Say what you will about Max and Seb but they were amazing for their ages and Red Bull keeps making these long bets on young drivers because of it. Maybe he can borrow Jos for a year and learn the Way of Fist and Wall

With the budget cap and them having unlimited sugar water money just start a third team, more rookie souls to crush.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

When haas quits f1 there will be plenty of space for Red Bull’s third team

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1407005565910503431?s=19

F1 must take action and ban the Red Bull teams before they kill again

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Checo is complicit.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Nobody let that guy know cocaine is way better

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Nobody let that guy know cocaine is way better

I saw that story before and I'm convinced he is caught in an elaborate lie to avoid telling someone he did a bunch of coke.

PoopSok
Jun 5, 2005

Just lemme eatcha, one time
Ay yi yiiii

ethanol posted:

When haas quits f1 there will be plenty of space for Red Bull’s third team

I think it will just become the Uralkali racing team when that happens :ussr:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How does RB have so much money?

I don’t see anyone drinking it anymore. The only place I really see Red Bull outside of a corner store fridge is as a sponsor somewhere.

Are we sure RB isn’t a front for the Austrian mob or something?

And why doesn’t Monster have a team?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I see Red Bull everywhere

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t see anyone drinking it anymore. The only place I really see Red Bull outside of a corner store fridge is as a sponsor somewhere.

It gives you wings OP.

Monster does stuff with Hoonigan for their motorsport stuff.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Dexo posted:

I see Red Bull everywhere

ia lso live in the american midwest (presumably)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Grevlek posted:

ia lso live in the american midwest (presumably)

Yup

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

PoopSok posted:

I think it will just become the Uralkali racing team when that happens :ussr:

Uralkali Rich Energy Ferrari Formula One Team. :getin:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

:dong:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

boop the snoot posted:

Doesnt monster sponsor merc/Lewis? Isn’t that why we had the Lewis/rossi crossover thing a couple years ago?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Probably tastes like a little piece of #blessed heaven.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

boop the snoot posted:

In a perfect world he will get increasingly blue as he climbs in the driver standings.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Probably tastes like a little piece of #blessed heaven.

it did, but they don't make it anymore, dunno if the sponsorship is over or just the drink line

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

boop the snoot posted:

I have wondered this exact thing and have found some answers. Basically, it's marketing. Red Bull is now more or less synonymous with 'crazy poo poo'....the product itself is almost irrelevant at this point.

https://www.readthegeneralist.com/briefing/red-bull

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Red Bull has insane markup per can and sells in huge quantities worldwide because they got in first as The energy drink brand in most places. That's the secret to how they have money. Before covid think about how many vodka red bulls were being bought at a single lovely nightclub on a friday night

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tsaedje posted:

Red Bull has insane markup per can and sells in huge quantities worldwide because they got in first as The energy drink brand in most places. That's the secret to how they have money. Before covid think about how many vodka red bulls were being bought at a single lovely nightclub on a friday night

Any Can of Redbull bought in a Jumbo (Dutch Supermarket) is them just laughing all the way to the bank. I won't say I never buy any energy drink but they make insane markups going by brand name only.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

boop the snoot posted:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-301173847.html

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

All this tells me is that the f1 team is a money laundering front and should be shut down

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

All this tells me is that the f1 team is a money laundering front and should be shut down

Let's be real most F1 teams are. Mission Winnow can't be anything but a weird loophole outside of the like 10% of people knowing it's Marlboro.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

all_f1_teams.txt

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

boop the snoot posted:

Force India was legitimately a money laundering operation

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We’re talking about RB though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Do any f1 team make a profit or is it all just tax evasion write offs etc