Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I don't want to watch this show but this is adorably real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
This is how they marketed the original GOSSIP GIRL by the way. But now things are different because there's a whole group of people who are upset at the idea that TV characters aren't aspirational.

https://twitter.com/sassyblackdiva/status/1407109108587663360?s=19

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
My little sister had given me a Gossip Girl book like 8 years ago when I took a train across Germany. It made me irrationally angry that such a deeply, deeply bad book opened with a quote from, of all bands, Pavement

I think she quoted Echo and the Bunnymen too

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

DaveKap posted:

I don't want to watch this show but this is adorably real.

It's a movie written and directed by Bo Burnham and it it is PAINFULLY real.

It's brilliant but I never want to watch it again.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Junkenstein posted:

It's a movie written and directed by Bo Burnham and it it is PAINFULLY real.

It's brilliant but I never want to watch it again.

Bo Burnham is awesome, though I sometimes wish he'd just do jokes and not songs

The Welcome to the Internet song is good

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Important news, Chopped is now finally on Disney+.

Something I didn't realize about Chopped, does it have multiple seasons airing at once?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chairman Capone posted:

Important news, Chopped is now finally on Disney+.

Something I didn't realize about Chopped, does it have multiple seasons airing at once?

i assume you meant Discovery+, and gently caress YES is my response. omg that subscription just became 100% worth it, to me

also i don't think it's multiple airing at once but they film like 5 a year or some poo poo

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Haha yeah, Discovery+. Too many plusses!

Though Disney+ just started the new season of Gordon Ramsey: Uncharted, speaking of cooking shows I watch. Took me a while to realize because the Disney menu doesn't seem like it promotes the National Geographic stuff at all, and even in the NatGeo menu it doesn't seem to have a newly added section or anything like that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'll remind people again that this is the last day to add 0.99 /month for two months for Prime channels. Discovery+ is one of them. So, you could have the service for the next 60 days for $2.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bull3964 posted:

I'll remind people again that this is the last day to add 0.99 /month for two months for Prime channels. Discovery+ is one of them. So, you could have the service for the next 60 days for $2.

thanks for the tip. Apparently AMC+ gives you Shudder as well so I went ahead and added that one.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yup, Shudder and Sundance.

Also, coming from Amazon, you get full 5.1 audio support as well on most titles.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
drat it, my Blu-Ray of Supernatural season 1 shipped 4 days ago, and is currently stuck at my local Amazon facility (5 miles away) scheduled for Thursday delivery :mad:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shudder on Prime is poo poo, but if it's a freebie then go for it. If you're going to pay for it, get the standalone version.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

This is AMC+ which includes the Shudder catalog.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

what's good on those channels

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bull3964 posted:

This is AMC+ which includes the Shudder catalog.

The full Shudder sub has a live channel where a lot of things premiere on and that doesn't end up in the catalog for several days. Also the 3rd party services don't always have the exact same stuff. As said, it's a nice freebie but if you genuinely want Shudder for what it is, then getting it separate is the best way to do it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Wire:

Omar's boyfriend nooooooo :(

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the world needs columbo memes:

https://twitter.com/QuandaryMan/status/1405691254185369600

https://twitter.com/GetGianni/status/1407087725895946242

https://twitter.com/alexnichols11/status/1404163939110244356

https://twitter.com/DanSchkade/status/1407084604952096770

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
That fight against the Obmulocs in Baldurs Gate is rough

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

A few weeks ago I learned there was a Mrs. Columbo series with Capt. Janeway as Columbo's never seen (in the prime series) wife who also solved crimes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sumo posted:

A few weeks ago I learned there was a Mrs. Columbo series with Capt. Janeway as Columbo's never seen (in the prime series) wife who also solved crimes

The goofiest part is how in the second season they did a soft reboot by ditching all the Columbo stuff.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sumo posted:

Three of the episodes are apparently included in the Columbo series set I just bought, so I was gonna give it a watch. Weirdly though, it’s the 2nd-4th episodes of the first season but not the first episode for some reason.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looking at wikipedia, the goofiest thing seems to be that the age of Mrs Columbo in the show indicated that she was 12 years old and married when Columbo started in 1968.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cojawfee posted:

Looking at wikipedia, the goofiest thing seems to be that the age of Mrs Columbo in the show indicated that she was 12 years old and married when Columbo started in 1968.

quote:

In this ultimate incarnation, the producers completed their retreat from the show's original premise, and Kate Callahan was then regarded as being a completely different character from Mrs. Columbo of Columbo, Kate's ex-husband now named Philip.[3] None of the changes aided the new show's ratings, however, and it was pulled from the air in 1980, after 13 episodes.

It has been speculated that an additional reason for the character revision is the fact that Mulgrew was aged only 23 when the first season was broadcast (and perhaps younger still when it was filmed), meaning that when Columbo originally premiered in 1968, the detective was married to a 12 year old who immediately conceived a daughter.[5]

“Oh fuuuuck we really didn’t think this through”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

The goofiest part is how in the second season they did a soft reboot by ditching all the Columbo stuff.

The name of that show: Golden Girls

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

The name of that show: Golden Girls

thank you for getting out of my hair

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxBX-mT_Pw

Looking incredible. Also looks like might be more sketches than the first season perhaps, we shall see.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hard to judge a sketch show from a trailer like that but glad to see Heidecker is back and bringing in a big time sketch hitter like Bob is never a bad idea.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxBX-mT_Pw

Looking incredible. Also looks like might be more sketches than the first season perhaps, we shall see.

All I needed was the youtube video preview to burst out laughing.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fair warning, the boomers are already ahead of us on columbo memes.

yes, they're just as bunkum as you'd think they'd be

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
gently caress off Boomers, Columbo belongs to us now :colbert:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Columbo is a friend to all

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Waiting for the Columbo reboot with a 23 yr old as Columbo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Young Columbo, narrated by a Peter Falk Deep Fake voice.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Coming this fall, Colum. He will earn the bo by the end of the series.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenNight posted:

Waiting for the Columbo reboot with a 23 yr old as Columbo.

This fall on CBS.

Or CW and he will be a sexy Columbo.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I will accept no Columbo reboot unless it stars Natasha Lyonne.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Solar Opposites is renewed through Season 4. Hell yeah, I love that show. It’s got the weird fun sci fi stuff without the mean-spirited nihilism Rick and Morty has. I like R&M but it can be a bit much sometimes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So who's gonna replace middleditch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

zoux posted:

So who's gonna replace middleditch

i don't think his cancelation stuck

e: not meaning that it was false or anything, just that it didnt reach the threshold of whatever gets you auto canned from stuff