Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Sammus posted:

There is enough weird poo poo that I’m on team ‘Kojima is up to something.’ I want it to be real!

What EDF game should I buy?

5 is the best. World bros is cool, but 5 is the best the series has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there any reason not to buy Cyberpunk on disc used vs new? (like inserts with digital content codes)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sammus posted:

There is enough weird poo poo that I’m on team ‘Kojima is up to something.’ I want it to be real!

What EDF game should I buy?

:five:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Is there any reason not to buy Cyberpunk on disc used vs new? (like inserts with digital content codes)

you can experience version 1.0 if you don’t download the patch with the disc version.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

acksplode posted:

Just got around to uploading this. Like I said it's my fifth try after four very short attempts, so I'm still panicky and scoping out the arena. The theme of this video is that L1 is the win button. Aso lol @ 1:00 when 5.1 surround sound saves my backside from a runner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNUsXbQ_qk

I love the character quips so much. When Ellie said "got you rear end in a top hat" we were definitely in the same headspace.

Ok gently caress it I'm replaying it, that 60fps looks so good.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Morpheus posted:

I don't think this Blue Box thing is a Kojima joint but hoooo boy both him and Kojima are making it really hard to keep thinking that.

If it is, he's been playing the looooooooong game since 2015

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

whenever nerds get excited its usually deadass wrong, or something evil, so it's not Kojima who is the Truth and the Light (of video games)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Spacebump posted:

Not that I've noticed.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ALERT

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1407551046633746434

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I FINALLY loving GOT ONE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

chaleski posted:

I FINALLY loving GOT ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTIX3zl_8s

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

I got the drat thing in the cart and when I went to pay Amazon told me to go gently caress myself and deleted it. :unsmigghh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A talking coyote posted:

I got the drat thing in the cart and when I went to pay Amazon told me to go gently caress myself and deleted it. :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IDz8DLMWOM

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

chaleski posted:

I FINALLY loving GOT ONE

Happy 4 u

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Oh Billy, if only your wrestling promotion was as good as your band. :allears:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Exploring the open world bits was my favourite part :shrug:

Extremely :same:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I could not have been more on time for this one. :suicide:

edit: I guess it was suddenly super important for me to have to do an extra check out step to confirm my address even though I've never had to do that before.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 23, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://www.nfm.com/sony-playstation-5-bundle-with-2nd-controller-and-spider-man-miles-morales-launch-edition/59879353.html

lmk if that works

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

This product is no longer available online. Please remove this product from your cart.

Was worth a shot though, thanks for the link.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is like that insane theory with the BBC Sherlock show.

People convinced themselves a whole other show was secretly the fifth season. It then was just….another show

No not really, it actually is extremely weird that some indie company that functionally doesn't exist and has employees using stock photos on their LinkedIn profiles and etc etc etc has the ear of Geoff Keighley and some completely unique app that only exists to play trailers for their exclusive PS5 game

Like if you don't wanna believe it's Kojima that's fine but just lol if you believe the current official story

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Simone Magus posted:

No not really, it actually is extremely weird that some indie company that functionally doesn't exist and has employees using stock photos on their LinkedIn profiles and etc etc etc has the ear of Geoff Keighley and some completely unique app that only exists to play trailers for their exclusive PS5 game

Like if you don't wanna believe it's Kojima that's fine but just lol if you believe the current official story

Geoff Keighley going "I spoke Hasan teehee he's got a big reveal haha more to come heheeee"

I did like that "Hasan's" video was like a hostage proof of life tape lmao

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 23, 2021

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm just gonna do what i do for every rumor: not give a poo poo and see what happens

if y'all enjoy speculating have fun ofc but all i got here is "idk i guess i'll find out"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Not really, there's a city map and some stickers but nothing you can't live without.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If you want to start a career as a youtube reaction channel id say that streaming the app is a fine way to try your hand at it. get featured in a react compilation or something

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Midjack posted:

Not really, there's a city map and some stickers but nothing you can't live without.

I’d be willing to bet if you really want that stuff anyone who didn’t return it would be happy to sell you it for like $5

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Geoff Keighley going "I spoke Hasan teehee he's got a big reveal haha more to come heheeee"

I did like that "Hasan's" video was like a hostage proof of life tape lmao

same and same

i don't really care about silent hill so i have have zero hype goggles on when i say: hey yo, this poo poo fishy

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Sony didn't have an e3 show yet and the blue box logo is basically identical to the playstation studios one - I have on good authority the app is just going to be sonys e3 show prerecorded in 4k. Silent hill is in it, but so is kojimas new game, ff16, the Bloodborne remaster, mgs 1-3 remastered, dragon's dogma 2 & closing on uncharted 5.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please try to keep TLOU2 stuff in tags while we know a regular poster is playing it for the first time thank you friends ❤️

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

cubicle gangster posted:

Sony didn't have an e3 show yet and the blue box logo is basically identical to the playstation studios one - I have on good authority the app is just going to be sonys e3 show prerecorded in 4k. Silent hill is in it, but so is kojimas new game, ff16, the Bloodborne remaster, mgs 1-3 remastered, dragon's dogma 2 & closing on uncharted 5.

I for one want to believe

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm just gonna do what i do for every rumor: not give a poo poo and see what happens

if y'all enjoy speculating have fun ofc but all i got here is "idk i guess i'll find out"

People who post about how much they don’t care about something care the most.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

cubicle gangster posted:

flying through the ceiling when I spot a monkey from ape escape in the distance in the asset flip game trailer

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

jabro posted:

I dunno, duder, I've never cared about Silent Hill and I don't plan on ever caring about Silent Hill. Take that how you will.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Really happy for goons scoring PS5s.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I dunno, duder, I've never cared about Silent Hill and I don't plan on ever caring about Silent Hill. Take that how you will.

Big same but I am very excited by and interested in drama!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Trip Report TLOUII
Current Game Position: Start of Day 3

After the elation of the museum scene flashback there has been a lot of moments again where I have truly wished things went differently for all involved.

There have been two flashbacks, one painful (not being able to get guitar strings) and one heartbreaking (the original hospital). I had no idea that Ellie would know that Joel lied from the very start of the game. I had thought perhaps the whole game would lead up to that discovery . Originally confronting Joel at the end of the game in a mirror to the first one. However, what with Joel passing and Ellie going on a rampage because of it I have a sense of hope in a weird way.

Ellie going after those who took Joel from her hopefully shows that in the intervening two years between her learning the truth and him being murderer that they made up in some fashion. Why else would she risk her life to get revenge for someone she was 'done' with? I really do hope that is the case. (There is an alternative thought but from everything I have seen it would be too out there to even contemplate and it just overthinking for the sake of it.)

In this way, her going on this mission to exact revenge at the cost of everything makes her just as Joel was at the end of the first game. They are more alike than either really realised and you would be forgiven for assuming they truly were father and daughter.

I desperately want to know what happened in those two years.

I also have a bit of a wild theory because I saw the Nora scene, which was brutal and also wow Ellie weaponising her immunity was more cold and calculating than I thought, where she mentioned again that they left Tommy and Ellie alive. It has been bothering me since it happened because we saw twice the WLF in a position to stop her permanently but other WLF member said no. I do not think it sloppy writing from how good TLOU and how great this has been so far so I have to believe there is a reason for it. It got me thinking about one of the notes I found in Seattle that spoke about a private miller. We know Joel's last name is Miller and so Abby most likely got revenge on him from whatever that was. However, Tommy is his brother and would also be a Private Miller. Nora said to Ellie about hearing his screams but Joel did not scream. His face was too messed up and he was too battered. Maybe Tommy screams seeing his brother die. Maybe they killed Joel to get to him and break him. I am really not sure but it would satisfy why they left them alive.

However, I also believe that Abby's father was the surgeon that Joel took out - as stated on the Dictaphone Ellie discovered that the only person capable of making a vaccine was dead and that perhaps she gets two revenges at once? No idea. I am just flinging stuff out there because I am so captured by this story and I want to figure it out and this is something I do :)

The game still plays phenomenally and looks photo realistic continually. They are not letting up either, what with introducing the Seraphites and their completely different methods of hunting and communication.

Jesse popping up is lovely but I get the feeling that because Dina is pregnant with his baby that Ellie is going to demand that Dina and Jesse get back together for the family aspect. The way she keeps looking at them is not jealousy but more worry. When she returned to the cinema and she was shaking was incredible. I cannot think of a game tackling this kind of stuff in this way before. If there is, please let me know because I want to play it.

All in all, I am a little hopeful for the past scenes but very apprehensive for how much further Ellie is crumbling. Revenge is going to break her and in a way she cannot come back from. I hope Dina and Jesse and Tommy save her like she saved Joel. She is owed it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I care about silent hill but I don’t care about silent hill continuing as a series.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Why do you care about Silent Hill?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

jabro posted:

i dont care!!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Why do you care about Silent Hill?

The first two games were amazing at the time. 3 and 4 were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

The first two games were amazing at the time. 3 and 4 were pretty good.

Cool. Agreed. They were pretty good.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 23, 2021