Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Finally on to Merged World, after YEARS! :woop: Exdeath wasn't too bad, I was worried, but I did manage to throw 2 dragons at him first and old him into the grave. Exdeath having a Meat Castle was pretty cool, I wasn't expecting that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We just got to the barrier tower and the difficulty ramp up is ANNOYING
Monk/Time/Ranger/Chem

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monk/Time/Ranger/Chem

Have your monk start pounding hero drinks. Random battles will probably go slowish but you'll obliterate bosses through the power of drugs.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Leraika posted:

Depends! If you're using something like the fiesta mod where all the jobs are unlocked at the start, you can just swap. If not, you're freelancin' until the water crystal, at least.

I'm playing on a Super Famicom, not a GBA or an emulator, so no mod for me!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

El Generico posted:

I'm playing on a Super Famicom, not a GBA or an emulator, so no mod for me!

Oh wow, oldschool. Hang in there!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monk/Time/Ranger/Chem

Run away from the encounters in there. They're not worth fighting.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Thief having !Read Ahead is too sick and it makes a lot of sense for the job. I don't know if I can go back from using Waddler's mod

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I havent used Red Feast/Vampire so many times...ever.

Thank the Fiesta I *finally* got White Wind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monk/Time/Ranger/Chem
Congrats on having a killer endgame party, though.

Monk with Drink
Time with Mix
Ranger with Rapid Fire (Chicken Knife!)
Chemist with Time

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Exdeath 0.8.1 is now available.

Please note that some menu options have changed. :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aerdan posted:

Exdeath 0.8.1 is now available.

Please note that some menu options have changed. :v:

For my 2nd run, since I did #Advance, and got both Thief and Cannoneer, I used your patcher to apply Waddler's patch.

For my 3rd run, I used your patcher to give Innate Passives and 8x AP, but I still got Cannoneer *Shot drops from the enemies Waddler spcified.

For my 4th run, I used your patcher on a clean ROM, for Innate Passives and 8x AP again, and I still got Cannoneer *Shot drops from the enemies Waddler spcified.

All of these runs were done with v0.8.0.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
If you are using the Unlocked Jobs patch, as described in the readme included with Exdeath you now get Cannoneer drops from 0.6.0 on.

e: this change was way back in 0.6 and noted in the release page for that version.

Aerdan fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 23, 2021

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aerdan posted:

If you are using the Unlocked Jobs patch, as described in the readme included with Exdeath you now get Cannoneer drops from 0.6.0 on.

e: this change was way back in 0.6 and noted in the release page for that version.

Pffft! Who reads the manual?

Not me, obviously. :eng99:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Got lucky and spamming Ifrit + Gil Toss was enough

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

Jose Valasquez posted:

:toxx:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completed: Red Metal, Serene Dragon, Galick, MagusDraco, Modoh, TheWonderTrickster

https://imgur.com/8F1ptDf

https://imgur.com/wx67F0R

The second screenshot is after I got sick of doing the void at normal speed on my 3DS, if that's not okay I can redo and reupload!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Run 2 in the books as a triple crown for Blue/Summoner/Beastmaster/Goon.

Run 1 and 2 were relatively quick affairs with being able to opt out of a lot of grinding because of access to shell.

Run 3 will not. I'll have Berzerker who will carry the team for health, Geo which won't be far behind. But Thief and Dancer will need grinding.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
Checking in with a couple toxxes on this second run, though the first one might be filled already I didn't go count.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

... and since I ended up doing Phoenix Tower last I just reloaded my save at the bottom after because gently caress walking back down that poo poo (and while we're not fiesta cops here, that was faster than shuffling around jobs to put on Time anyway)

And since that first toxx takes three tablets but that party can only equip three of the legendary weapons anyway...

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

EDIT: Whoops! Apparently I used the same one twice when I was compiling, here's the Sasuke's sale that should be where that second Magus is:

ArashiKurobara fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 25, 2021

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vernatio posted:

https://imgur.com/8F1ptDf

https://imgur.com/wx67F0R

The second screenshot is after I got sick of doing the void at normal speed on my 3DS, if that's not okay I can redo and reupload!

Good enough for me

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Monk/Time/Ranger/Chem

Thanks for the tips! My kids and I put our heads together and figured out we could give the heal staff to the Chem, and that really changed everything in terms of beating dragons. Being able to just goliath then keep healing themselves and then potion+phoenix whomever really lets you dig your heels in.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

nrook posted:

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

Here's four more. I probably could have sold more but eh, I might need them. Might check in later.

EDIT: Yeah, here's two more.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 23, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1407585880278061058

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1407582498918338561

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1407577909687062529

Yeah, spellblade rapidfire was an easy triple crown. Literally all I had to do was get lucky enough with Omega for Faris to get three turns, I had berserk and dark bow so Shinryu was easy, and I had two instant kills for NED so all I had to do was blind the melee part and Apollo's Harp the other one to death.

EDIT:

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

I did. Innate Two-Hand made my berserker actually functional (she even hit the damage cap with a rune axe crit a couple of times), and inherent !Aim on Ranger is basically just good game design so you don't have to have both !Attack and !Aim when one is strictly better than the other. Thieves Gloves having inherent Haste is probably good for thieves, but it made my freelancer even more absurd than they already are; getting world 1 Hermes Sandles was basically just way too much.

I also forgot that Power Staves and Reflect Rings were 100% change to drop and I just thought I was really lucky. I don't really mind grinding for them, personally, but I guess it's a nice time saver?

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 23, 2021

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Well that was easily the quickest run I've ever had:

Summoner, Blue Mage, Freelancer, Bard

Wasn't remotely fair.

LynneTheUnlucky
Dec 4, 2013
Run 1 of the year complete! Team 750 with Zerker Risk: White/Bers/Geo/Erker

https://imgur.com/7R2UTe7 https://imgur.com/E3Iz6fu

Well in spite of my complaining, as Poque pointed out this a pretty good team once it got going. It was less painful than I was expecting, but I'm looking forward to being able to control more than two characters again. Here is my Hot Take after completing this run: Berserker is a better class than Geomancer, even with two of them. At least they could whack things worth a drat and Death Sickles are pretty good. Yes, Geo could be a good second White Mage, but it was ONLY good as a second White Mage. Having never used !Gaia before, it loving sucks and I never want to rely on it as offence ever again.

White is incredible, easily MVP of this run, even with the slow beginning. I will never complain about a team with White ever again. Obligatory Double Crown with a Berserked dragon. The robot gets to live because I can't be bothered dealing with its counters with this team, even if I could theoretically sandbag it with White.

Toxxes!

nrook posted:

https://imgur.com/Lv0BjJT https://imgur.com/qF3mTSC
https://imgur.com/Ybl3hDO https://imgur.com/IJlx54L
https://imgur.com/oEQsHdx https://imgur.com/1zRG9XG

Not pictured: the Gaia Bell, still locked in the Sealed Castle where it belongs because gently caress the Gaia Bell but mostly gently caress the Great Sea Trench without Bards/good multi hit damage

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

https://imgur.com/7R2UTe7

I totally forgot about this Toxx until the stars aligned with Grand Cross hitting both Lenna and Faris with poison. The sisters who die of poison together stay together?

---

Onto a new run, hopefully with at least 50% less Berserker and 100% less Geomancer!

LynneTheUnlucky fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 23, 2021

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
>TFW you have samurai and Melusine goes to the 0 defense form.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

>TFW you have samurai and Melusine goes to the 0 defense form.

this took me a second but lmao it's perfect

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm quite rusty having taken last year off... is there a good place to grind out a few hi-pots for Sol Cannon or do I need to go for elixirs in the Wind Shrine?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
How are we going to beat the ???? Crystal's? We are monk/time/ranger/chem and we didn't get any reflect rings.

Thanks in advance!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

OzFactor posted:

I'm quite rusty having taken last year off... is there a good place to grind out a few hi-pots for Sol Cannon or do I need to go for elixirs in the Wind Shrine?

Nothing in world 1 drops hi-potions, you need a thief to farm them (poltergeists in the fire ship, on the off chance that you have one).

E: on further review, it looks like exactly one (1) world 1 enemy has hi-potions as a rare drop (it's the golems that iirc show up around Istory), you're still better off doing wind shrine for elixirs though.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 23, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

OzFactor posted:

If you have a thief, go steal them from Poltergeists in the Fire-Powered Ship. Ohterwise, it's to the elixir mines for you!

Drunk Nerds posted:

How are we going to beat the ???? Crystal's? We are monk/time/ranger/chem and we didn't get any reflect rings.

Thanks in advance!

The Crystals aren't heavy, so you always have the option of using Killer Bows to fish for instant death procs.

Or, you know, you've got a chemist. Stack Dragon Power (Dragon Fang + Potion) on your monk until he's powerful enough to punch out god.

Actually no wait, it's easier than that even. With Dark Matter you can mix Death Potions (Dark Matter + Phoenix Down), which also cast instant death.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 23, 2021

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks in advance!

Time Mage can force them down with two Gravitys and a Comet. They have decent magic evasion so make sure you have plenty of turns buffered to hammer into them before they start enraging.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Alxprit posted:

Time Mage can force them down with two Gravitys and a Comet. They have decent magic evasion so make sure you have plenty of turns buffered to hammer into them before they start enraging.

Gravity -> Graviga -> Comet. Gravity -> Gravity leaves it too open to a low roll on the Comet getting you murdered.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks in advance!

Slow for them, Haste for you and Gravity them down. Mix a Phoenix Down with a Dragon Fang to get protection if you need it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
With chemist alone I usually rush down with angel kiss one at a time, using death potions on the ones I deem most dangerous. Which is, the ones that don’t get blocked by reflect usually.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DalaranJ posted:

With chemist alone I usually rush down with angel kiss one at a time, using death potions on the ones I deem most dangerous. Which is, the ones that don’t get blocked by reflect usually.

Yeah, the two that you'd wanna Death Potion are the Aeroga and Aqua Breath ones. You can mix Resist Fire for Firaga and Levisalve for Earth Shaker to completely neutralize their angry baby fit phase.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

I'm not sure if the max has been reached on this, but I remembered I should probably actually submit my runs for this.

Not sure what's up with Stupid Sexy NED there.
First time I've actually rolled Blue Mage, and honestly, I found them a bit dull to actually use? NED ended up being a total slugfest, with two characters throwing cash being my best offense, after lamping the caster bit.

Did Shinryu too, on like the second attempt, after realising that just throwing around phoenix downs while Aerogaing was faster and less painless than trying to get Flash to land

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

nrook posted:

you ever only be able to equip two weapons?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the solid answers. Where can I get dark matter? I only have one and the wiki seems to indicate I can't farm them on World 2.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks for the solid answers. Where can I get dark matter? I only have one and the wiki seems to indicate I can't farm them on World 2.

You can steal them in W2 but no drops, sorry. You have a lot of options, though: https://ff5.mega64.net/index.php/ms/mix You can set yourself up to absorb fire and bring the fire crystal down to nuke mode to keep healing you, you can float over the earthquakes, you can shell/protect/regen/reflect yourself, you can double your hp so you can take a blast while you tear them down one at a time. You can get dragon fangs in Drakkenvale. Here's the best drop list there is: https://ff5.mega64.net/index.php/drop-steal-guide/ds-w2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Without stealing you can get one from Soul Cannon and one from Atomos 100%, so if you haven't beaten Atomos that's where you can get the second. Failing that, Aeroga and Aqua Breath cost MP. 10000 MP each isn't the greatest amount to Lilith's Kiss through (Ether + Maiden's Kiss) but it's certainly doable.