Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

sugar free jazz posted:

bring ti to my house i will host it, i can take care of it myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_EHnWzJbYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

There's also the problem that the US kept denying visas to a bunch of players

Didn't sweden also deny all the chinese players visas?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

bring TI to SA, its about time they got recognized

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kild posted:

Didn't sweden also deny all the chinese players visas?

Lol

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

what could be a more perfect return for TI to be hosted in Peru, the beating heart of dota

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

khysanth posted:

Few pages back but pretty sure these are called "value points" not casual points.

I would argue that there is a subtle semantic difference between the two terms. A value point is when level 1 in a skill is significant to your build but the benefit drops off at higher levels for whatever your purposes are. Pos3 Dooms taking Scorched Earth at 2 or pos3 BH taking a point in Shadow Walk would be a value point. A casual point in a skill is when you have a situational benefit to level a skill. If you're playing pos1 Bloodseeker and your team keeps harassing effectively, getting a very early point (or points) in Thirst will casually buff your early game.

At the end of the day, if you wanna use them interchangeably, I don't think folks will notice/care.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also when the gently caress are they going to fix the bad grammar for Necrophos

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I watched some iltw games out of boredom and it's suddenly not surprising at all that Nigma keeps losing, he's so easy to tilt and when he gets tilted he becomes incredibly toxic lol

How to beat Nigma: gently caress with iltw and he'll do the work for you

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

EorayMel posted:

When it costs a team a game in a match :v:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I watched some iltw games out of boredom and it's suddenly not surprising at all that Nigma keeps losing, he's so easy to tilt and when he gets tilted he becomes incredibly toxic lol

How to beat Nigma: gently caress with iltw and he'll do the work for you

drat that's too bad, he looked like a really promising pos1 during the animajor group stages, I was hoping to see more of him. Maybe some of GH's zen energy can rub off on him over time.

But lol they'll probably burn out in the qualifiers and then break up and find a new carry. Hopefully the rest will stay together, since they've been a cohesive team for a long time now and have obviously gotten a lot of good results together.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly I think Nigma will win the qualifier unless something clicks for OG. Tundra and Viking are gonna be huge dark horses. Liquid could probably do it but I don’t really have faith in them on lan so low key don’t want them to go:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BTSdota/status/1407391300601667586

talent announced for EEU quals

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I have no idea who most of those people are which is cool and good, new talent rules

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

is this the first time sheepsticked has been talent at any dota thing? don't remember seeing her cast or do other similar stuff before

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I should stop listening to cap’s podcast. I don’t know the co host at all and cap has his head up his rear end every episode about something

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

I have no idea who most of those people are which is cool and good, new talent rules

I’ve enjoyed Sheepsticked’s streams from what I’ve watched.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sheepsticked is a very risky name to choose and i respect the hell out of it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I thought we had a few weeks before qualifiers? woops lol

Kips is good. she worked Dreamleague in studio a year or two ago.

good to see Eosin still around from the Korean Blitz stack, Zephyr Gaming

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I remember listening to cap cast at the animajor and thinking "wow he seems way more chill and less like an rear end than he used to", lol I guess that was just presentation

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Taffer posted:

I remember listening to cap cast at the animajor and thinking "wow he seems way more chill and less like an rear end than he used to", lol I guess that was just presentation

He was in a good mood post major because someone gave him a huge effort post on Reddit stroking his ego. This week he is complaining about the community and not wanting to go on Reddit or Twitter, he can’t make up his mind.

I only listen to it to hold me over until sundyren cast though

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
sheep worked midas mode as talent and official substitute

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Speaking of better versions of dota, what's going to be the new thing in Bot TI this year?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Level 30 has infinite money and 5 neutral camps die in fountain at the horn to drop random top tier neutrals.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

KIPS

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Level 30 has infinite money and 5 neutral camps die in fountain at the horn to drop random top tier neutrals.

Oh geez, shard was also introduced this year. Shard at 15 seems too imbalanced, but also necessary to make the addition meaningful to the tournament.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dang, South America regionals got the A-squad and Zyori

https://twitter.com/BTSdota/status/1407459664195952640

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

lmao Zyori's already back from blockchain land

edit: actually, checking out his twitter, nope, still on that train. guess he just found out he still has time for some dota stuff

SpiritOfLenin fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 23, 2021

Misty Fog
Aug 18, 2020

EorayMel posted:

Unplayable

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

lol avo+ is on both? thats a hard schedule my dude

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Cerepol posted:

lol avo+ is on both? thats a hard schedule my dude

he lives in sea also I think so his sleep schedule is going to be insanely hosed

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'd like to see Waga get into the EU quali talent lineup.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

EorayMel posted:

TIL Necro's real name is Fat Jerry

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've never seen these reptile creep skins before and I love them, they're so cute

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I've never seen these reptile creep skins before and I love them, they're so cute

they are extremely good, came from last TIs BP

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
ugh i thought we were rid of zyori

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
What are the player numbers like right now?

I played 3 games last week with at least one player in each game having less than 20 hours played.

feedtheid
Oct 17, 2006

we get it, you're too busy fellating Gabe to put yourself into someone else's shoes

Dunite posted:

What are the player numbers like right now?

I played 3 games last week with at least one player in each game having less than 20 hours played.

Could easily be Smurfs depending on bracket and play. Also the anime probably dragged some new blood in. IIRC it’s still the most popular steam game by far?

Steamcharts today:
Csgo 700k peak 960
DOTA 500k peak 660
Pubg 300k peak 420

feedtheid fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 23, 2021

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lol I think the announcer just leaked the patch will drop on Friday

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grapplejack posted:

Lol I think the announcer just leaked the patch will drop on Friday

valve did say that the event would be this week so it makes sense that it would be as late in the week as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

feedtheid posted:

Steamcharts today:
Csgo 700k peak 960
DOTA 500k peak 660
Pubg 300k peak 420

So is there just some issues with the MM then because there is no way new players are getting queued with others that have 1000s of hours.

I honestly thought numbers were down because we are towards the end of the patch but those are still respectable numbers for this late into a patch.