Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Solar Opposites is renewed through Season 4. Hell yeah, I love that show. It’s got the weird fun sci fi stuff without the mean-spirited nihilism Rick and Morty has. I like R&M but it can be a bit much sometimes.

Also seasons 3 and 4 will have more episodes each with 12 per season instead of 1/2's 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This fall on CBS.

Or CW and he will be a sexy Columbo.

Reminds me of when Disney was going to do a Miss Marple movie. Starring Jennifer Gardner as Miss Marple (for those unaware, in Agatha Christie's novels, Miss Marple was an elderly woman).

Still not as bad as the story that came out recently, that in the 1990s, some studio wanted to cast Julia Roberts as Harriet Tubman (the reason being since the 1800s were so long ago, no one was familiar with what Harriet Tubman looked like in real life).

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
this miss marple fucks

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Was the first depiction of Harriet Tubman in a movie really Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The United States posted:

Was the first depiction of Harriet Tubman in a movie really Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter?

If you include TV movies, there was one in the late '70s called A Woman Called Moses. It has a stupidly good cast and is narrated by Orson Welles.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
How has Superman and Lois been so far? I checked out the first couple of episodes but never returned to it. Are the kids typical annoying TV kids or are they decent characters?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

isaboo posted:

How has Superman and Lois been so far? I checked out the first couple of episodes but never returned to it. Are the kids typical annoying TV kids or are they decent characters?

It's genuinely one of the best depictions of teenagers I've seen in quite some time, and they really nail the family dynamic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

isaboo posted:

Shake's take is spot on. And it's the beat tv depiction of Lois and Clark pretty much ever. And they do a great job hiding how short Tiny Clark is.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

isaboo posted:

It's okay. I find it a bit flat, but it's fine action adventue methadone when I'm yenning for Legends Of Tomorrow.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Laterite posted:

this miss marple fucks

gritty reboot with Christina Hendricks as Miss Marple

i would watch it so hard

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Simone Magus posted:

gritty reboot with Christina Hendricks as Miss Marple

i would watch it so hard

Yeah you would watch so hard.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

isaboo posted:

The flashback stuff in this week's episode is just the most perfect Superman Year One type story you could hope to see on film.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

isaboo posted:

It’s pretty standard annoying teenager plot, and it has the superhero teen trope where the conventionally attractive teen gets cool superpowers, but does nothing but whine about how they are a freak and life sucks.

But if you ignore everything to do with the kids the show is pretty good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Superman has a kid? You'd think he'd blow a load like a shotgun through Lois' back.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Superman has a kid? You'd think he'd blow a load like a shotgun through Lois' back.

They use kryptonite handcuffs to spice things up

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Evil first episode of the new season just had what may be the first case of 'gently caress' being dubbed into a TV show instead of something else over it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1407669844594642948

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

What the gently caress.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is just furries

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Truly the final days hallelujah

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

every day we stray further from the light of god

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

every day we stray further from the light of god

Reject tradition. Embrace dating a woman with a blowhole.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Reject tradition. Embrace dating a woman with a blowhole.

With a proper low cut blouse I, and many others, probably wouldn't even notice the blowhole

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Please, someone kill Netflix

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Also, looking at some of the shots of people without makeup on, did they even pick any average looking or ugly people? What's the point of seeing if liking someone's personality is enough to build a connection if they are also attractive anyway?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Netflix has some good stuff but the vast majority of their branded content is trash garbage from a butt. I was thinking today about how they run poo poo like that but wouldn't spring for a second season of Tuca & Bertie, which thankfully is at least now on adult swim.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Netflix has some good stuff but the vast majority of their branded content is trash garbage from a butt. I was thinking today about how they run poo poo like that but wouldn't spring for a second season of Tuca & Bertie, which thankfully is at least now on adult swim.

Trash garbage from a butt is way cheaper to produce, hth

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yes I understand basic economics but I don't have to like them!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Iron Crowned posted:

With a proper low cut blouse I, and many others, probably wouldn't even notice the blowhole

How can you notice anything else?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Been watching and enjoying Schitt's Creek at last, but haven't quiiiiite seen what it is that's made it beloved... until I hit the s2 finale yesterday where the Roses go out for their anniversary dinner and meet up with old friends and bang, there it is. That's the writing and character development I've been waiting for. Hoping S3 now keeps it up, it sounds like most of the best episodes are to come which is cool.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cojawfee posted:

Also, looking at some of the shots of people without makeup on, did they even pick any average looking or ugly people? What's the point of seeing if liking someone's personality is enough to build a connection if they are also attractive anyway?

I wonder if this show awakened anything in them

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

watching Schitt's Creek made me question every opinion posted on this forum about what is good tv (that and the magicians)

I would shoot myself in the face if I could go back to the start of the HBO golden age

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I avoided schitts creek for years because it seemed like it would be generic trash, but it really is good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
ngl

I thought this was about a gigolo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

Been watching and enjoying Schitt's Creek at last, but haven't quiiiiite seen what it is that's made it beloved... until I hit the s2 finale yesterday where the Roses go out for their anniversary dinner and meet up with old friends and bang, there it is. That's the writing and character development I've been waiting for. Hoping S3 now keeps it up, it sounds like most of the best episodes are to come which is cool.

ngl I finished The Good Place shortly before emmys and when SC won (never really heard about it beforehand) I went "really? A low rent Arrested Development knockoff?"

I do tend to like Eugene Levy in whatever he does tho

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah that episode is a big turning point and then s3 is where it becomes the show people rave about

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
finished For All Mankind season 1 following all the talk itt. damned good show, i can tell im going to end up binging s2 by the end of the week

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Between this and the Sweet Tooth show it really seems like Netflix did some math and decided they needed a bunch of furry content.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, that's the turning point. The third season zeros in hard on Alexa and David's personal growth and nails it. Its magic from this point on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Theyve somehow done it. Created a dating show just about personality, and staffed it exclusively with young peoppe with no personality