Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Where people might be getting muddled up with cross saving is that you generally must be using the Windows Store PC version. If you happen to own that game on another platform like EGS or Steam, cross-saving doesn't work. Some games also have different multiplayer servers between the Windows Store version and the version on other PC storefronts like Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Did anyone ever play that Daggerdale game? It plain didn't work. The online mode was really buggy so I tried to finish it in offline mode and in the multi stage boss fight right as you're about to enter the final phase the boss fight starts OVER! Achievement unlocked: Sisyphean torment.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I'm getting strong "$30 third party Switch controller" vibes from these new controllers.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1407685725944913920?s=21

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Definitely getting a Goon Squad controller

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Zerot posted:

I'm getting strong "$30 third party Switch controller" vibes from these new controllers.

What? Those are pretty kickin' rad designs.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Daric posted:

Definitely getting a Goon Squad controller

Jeffery is going to ship every forums user one for free.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

BonoMan posted:

Yeah I don't give a poo poo about new Space Jam but that purple Goon Squad controller is :krad:

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
That Dark Alliance game is somehow worse than it looks. Beyond the goofy bugs and braindead AI, it just feels awful to control. Sluggish, poorly animated, camera zooms that don't correspond to your inputs. There are numerous points where your character just stands still for 2-3 seconds for no good reason. Approach a piece of loot and the prompt only comes up after an awkward delay. Practically zero feedback to let you know you're getting hit.

This is genuinely one of the most unpleasant games I have interacted with since Bad Day LA.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

BonoMan posted:

LeBron James is a goon????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

BonoMan posted:

It really bothers me when a logo or a character's face is plopped onto a controller and the buttons and sticks cover it. It's bad design!

EDIT: The best Banjo game is coming to Xbox Cloud Gaming.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1407702080282898433?s=21

Zerot fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 23, 2021

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Fresh set of Gamepass drops

COMING:
Today:
Worms Rumble (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

June 24:
Iron Harvest (PC)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Console and PC) EA Play
Prodeus (Game Preview) (PC) ID@Xbox

July 1:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Cloud)
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
Gang Beasts (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Limbo (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

GOING:
June 30:
Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Mistover (PC)
Monster Hunter World (Cloud and Console)
Out of the Park Baseball 21 (PC)
Outer Wilds (Cloud and Console)
Soulcalibur VI (Console)
The Messenger (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it seems insane to me to print giant text you cant read on a controller what is the point

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Zerot posted:

It really bothers me when a logo or a character's face is plopped onto a controller and the buttons and sticks cover it. It's bad design!

I almost addressed this. I mostly universally agree with this sentiment, but the issue is that the buttons and sticks pretty evenly cover the surface so there's no good spot to put anything that just isn't relegated to the corners.

Sometimes that works, but sometimes - like this case - it doesn't feel too bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

it seems insane to me to print giant text you cant read on a controller what is the point

Can you really not read what they say? They're both extremely legible.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

Can you really not read what they say? They're both extremely legible.

No he's saying he can't read and the controllers make illiterate people feel bad

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Super No Vacancy posted:

You can read it. There's just some letters obscured.

A designed controller is about the impression/feeling it gives you and not legibility of every letter. I think color palate, general design and the overall substantiality of the font all equal a more successful design than non-successful.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Those controller are pretty cool, though I also get annoyed at semi-obscured letters. Give me full letters or give me death.

The series controller is better than my elite series one controller which has surprised me. Poor old guy has been semi-retired now, though I might use it again when halo comes out because I can’t stand pressing the right stick in for actions. I don’t understand how people don’t do it accidentally all the time, and also don’t mess their aim up when doing so on purpose. A skill I’ll never master.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

That Dark Alliance game is somehow worse than it looks. Beyond the goofy bugs and braindead AI, it just feels awful to control. Sluggish, poorly animated, camera zooms that don't correspond to your inputs. There are numerous points where your character just stands still for 2-3 seconds for no good reason. Approach a piece of loot and the prompt only comes up after an awkward delay. Practically zero feedback to let you know you're getting hit.

This is genuinely one of the most unpleasant games I have interacted with since Bad Day LA.

Finally got the chance to try it out and as much as I want to like it...yeah..I have to agree.

I gotta give it props for 60fps at least.

It seems however that most of the shortcomings could be fixed by patches. The question is if there is going to be any post launch support whatsoever.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Crafty posted:

Those controller are pretty cool, though I also get annoyed at semi-obscured letters. Give me full letters or give me death.

Interestingly the only space big enough to put full letters is on the grips... which are immediately covered by hands.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
New Halo 3 dlc maps are out on MCC who wants to play

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

It's so terrible

I downloaded it last night when I saw it was on gamepass and it's difficult to explain, I was baffled. I actually turned it off during the goblin tutorial part and had to come back to it.

I picked the barbarian guy and it felt like my hits were just passing through things and numbers were popping up. It's possibly the most unsatisfying combat ever

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah I don't give a poo poo about new Space Jam but that purple Goon Squad controller is :krad:

This is so weird. Never cared about Space Jam but these controllers are awesome. Maybe because there's almost never any real effort put into limited edition controllers/consoles.

The Kins posted:

Fresh set of Gamepass drops

COMING:
June 24:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered (Console and PC) EA Play

Hell yea, there it is, the game that'll get me to stop being lazy about taking advantage of the EA Play stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zerot posted:

EDIT: The best Banjo game is coming to Xbox Cloud Gaming.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1407702080282898433?s=21

Ooh snap, is Prodeus out of early access tomorrow? I am really excited for this game.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

NFS Hot pursuit remastered is real good fellas. its almost a proper sequel to burnout 3: Takedown.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I said come in! posted:

Ooh snap, is Prodeus out of early access tomorrow? I am really excited for this game.

It says Game Preview in the picture there so I assume not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Prodeus is great both gfx modes are very nostalgic and the level design and flow are top notch

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
What are some good couch co-op games on Game Pass?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kevyn posted:

Minecraft Dungeons

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Overcooked, Unraveled

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zerot posted:

I swear to God I would cut all 4 of my limbs off if it would get the internet to shut up about Space Jam.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Kevyn posted:

If you've never played it, playing a way out with a friend is a must.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lammasu posted:

I swear to God I would cut all 4 of my limbs off if it would get the internet to shut up about Space Jam.

it's gonna come out, be terrible and disappear, don't worry

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Goon Stoaod

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the goon squad controller is kinda hard

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lammasu posted:

I saw it as a kid. I remember nothing about it other Bill Murray was in it for some reason and the R Kelly song.

I want the purple controller because it's purple and says Goon on it which is very funny.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
get a grip, ya goon

I'm definitely getting the purple controller, it'll go will with my fortnite purple controller

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Kevyn posted:

Battletoads (Couch CO-OP only for some unknown reason, and absolutely not fun if you aren't in a group)
Gears 5 - I think Hivebusters is the only co-op mode, though
Wolfenstein: Youngblood if you aren't too attached the new Wolfenstein games, it's very different
Streets of Rage 4 does couch co-op I think

If you have ultimate for EA Play -
A Way Out
The sports games if that's your thing

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Halo MCC is the ultimate answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cloks posted:

it's gonna come out, be terrible and disappear, don't worry
The first one didn't disappear. It's why we're getting a new one. We even got a weird fan game.