Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Going to Costco today I'm excited

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

Why would you go today when the sale starts tomorrow?

There's always a reason to go to Costco, my friend

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

StormDrain posted:

Theres usually shorter sales in between sales

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

StormDrain posted:

Smaller crowds, real Costco heads know :c00l:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FCKGW posted:

Smaller crowds, real Costco heads know :c00l:

The Costco life is about quality products at a low cost. Crowds do not matter to me.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

It's always a good day to go to Costco.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Behotti posted:

My wife and I are going back to church today. We were members several years ago but didn't go enough to justify it. We have a spawn now and are going back. I registered online yesterday, going today to get cards and buy stuff. I'm super hyped to go back. Any tips?

Like everyone else said, the diaps, wipes, and formula are a must buy. I will also add that the pouches of stoneyfield whole milk yogurt are a great buy.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

ohnobugs posted:

It's always a good day to go to Costco.
Except for Sunday in the afternoon, or adjacent/on certain holidays.

Edit: I'll say I wouldn't feel this way if I had a Hotdog Valet, but otherwise those lines are brutal.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Johnny Truant posted:

these are the tips i'm here for :bubblewoop:

Okay here's another one trust me. Keep your receipts just pick a place get in the habit. If something goes on sale within 30 days of you buying it at a regular price you can go in and they'll just hand you the difference in cash or credit to Costco purchases. There's nothing wrong with doing this they do it for everyone.

Also take a look at Costco warranties sometimes they extend past regular warranties for electronic goods and that might make the difference on where you buy something. Other goons are going to know more about this than me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco also has your purchases on record so if you lose your receipt you should still be ok.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Needed dog food and I don't think anything I bought is going on sale

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
3:30pm Tuesday. No line for gas. Parking lot half full. Nice & Easy. Just went for lunch sandwich stuff and eggs. BUT I snagged a variety pack of Monster Ultra. Regular, Watermelon, and Gold (Pineapple). :cheers:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Chinatown posted:

3:30pm Tuesday. No line for gas. Parking lot half full. Nice & Easy. Just went for lunch sandwich stuff and eggs. BUT I snagged a variety pack of Monster Ultra. Regular, Watermelon, and Gold (Pineapple). :cheers:

5pm on Tuesday during a thunderstorm, no line for gas, no line for checkout, no line for food court

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

5pm on Tuesday during a thunderstorm, no line for gas, no line for checkout, no line for food court

345 on Tuesday, lines for gas, lines for checkout, no line for food court.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

we don't have rain here but that sounds nice

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Spinz posted:

Okay here's another one trust me. Keep your receipts just pick a place get in the habit. If something goes on sale within 30 days of you buying it at a regular price you can go in and they'll just hand you the difference in cash or credit to Costco purchases. There's nothing wrong with doing this they do it for everyone.

Also take a look at Costco warranties sometimes they extend past regular warranties for electronic goods and that might make the difference on where you buy something. Other goons are going to know more about this than me.

Oh yeah, get your appliances at Costco if you can. Nearly every one has a 2 year standard warranty which gets extended to 4 years if you use their credit card. Great when your ice maker breaks at 18 months.
Same with computers and electronics. The TV I bought from Costco has 7 years of warranty for no additional cost.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bagmonkey posted:

There's always a reason to go to Costco, my friend

Update, I went to Costco. I needed gas on my way home and just popped in. I'm alone while my wife is on vacation with her sister so I got a chicken Alfredo to eat for a few days. And some nitrile gloves that I needed and haven't seen, and a window fan they didn't have at my normal Costco.

So yeah OK sorry, go any day.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i finally ran out of my stash of those colombian cold brew coffees. last time i was at costco noticed they were out of them ... going tomo fingers crossed theyll be back along with the mini quiches or my breakfast capabilities will be all hosed up for the forseeable

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

thathonkey posted:

i finally ran out of my stash of those colombian cold brew coffees. last time i was at costco noticed they were out of them ... going tomo fingers crossed theyll be back along with the mini quiches or my breakfast capabilities will be all hosed up for the forseeable

Mini quiche was 97d at my store but they had the coffee you're talking about

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hasselblad posted:

I do not understand the concept of wagyu jerky. I want jerky that I nearly tear teeth out with, not soft gummy stuff.

This is all store bought jerky these days and I feel your pain. They must do something to tenderize jerky during processing for mass consumption, but I long for the dry brittle stuff that would make your jaws sore.

Sure, I could find a dozen varieties along any major Texas highway, but now I live in Minnesota.

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 23, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Look for Biltong

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chinatown posted:

got a fraud alert on my citi card so they cancelled it and sent me a new one

forgot this happened and waited 10 minutes to get gas yesterday only to realize i couldnt get gas. :negative:

new card was in my mailbox when i got home though.

It's good to have a spare (Visa) card available for those types of situations. Also, if you use apple/google pay, you can usually use that while you wait for the new physical card.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
T other day the lady at the regester gave me poo poo because i paid with my credit card but the membership is in my wife's (who was there with me) name lol

Made me feel like back when i was underage and would have to go through the checkout at the market and like buy a pack of gum and get cash back to pay whoever was buying us alcohol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

astral posted:

It's good to have a spare (Visa) card available for those types of situations. Also, if you use apple/google pay, you can usually use that while you wait for the new physical card.

I did but my Costco Citi card is also my Costco card so I couldn't pump gas. =[

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Ah, bummer.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

FCKGW posted:

Oh yeah, get your appliances at Costco if you can. Nearly every one has a 2 year standard warranty which gets extended to 4 years if you use their credit card. Great when your ice maker breaks at 18 months.
Same with computers and electronics. The TV I bought from Costco has 7 years of warranty for no additional cost.
I still haven't applied for the Costco Visa. I was iffy on getting it because 1.) I hate Citi; 2.) Low sign up bonuses, the bonus % is okay, and while the extended warranty is nice I don't buy a lot of appliances/TVs/whatever at Costco 3.) I was getting a bunch of Chase cards because of point transfers and CSR.

I might get a Costco one next, or I might get the Amazon one next, only because 5% is a lot for -every- purchase and while I currently get that through a very old Amazon Store Card I don't get any extended warranty benefits.

But I did buy a portable AC recently at Costco and did indeed regret not having a Costco Visa in this case.

Chinatown posted:

Couldn't you take your deactivated VISA in and get a day pass? Also the person who sits in the little gas booth has a bypass card.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 23, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BeAuMaN posted:

Couldn't you take your deactivated VISA in and get a day pass? Also the person who sits in the little gas booth has a bypass card.

I don't carry cards that have been used for fraud.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BeAuMaN posted:

I still haven't applied for the Costco Visa. I was iffy on getting it because 1.) I hate Citi; 2.) Low sign up bonuses, the bonus % is okay, and while the extended warranty is nice I don't buy a lot of appliances/TVs/whatever at Costco 3.) I was getting a bunch of Chase cards because of point transfers and CSR.

I might get a Costco one next, or I might get the Amazon one next, only because 5% is a lot for -every- purchase and while I currently get that through a very old Amazon Store Card I don't get any extended warranty benefits.

But I did buy a portable AC recently at Costco and did indeed regret not having a Costco Visa in this case.

Get the Costco card and only use it for Costco and gas? Worst case you eek out a few more percentage points on gas and have a bunch of extra credit you don't use.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That's a good reminder I need to sign up for that fucker now that I'm finished closing on my crib

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Nooner posted:

T other day the lady at the regester gave me poo poo because i paid with my credit card but the membership is in my wife's (who was there with me) name lol

Made me feel like back when i was underage and would have to go through the checkout at the market and like buy a pack of gum and get cash back to pay whoever was buying us alcohol

Was your wife next to you in line?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bigchops posted:

Was your wife next to you in line?

Yes, lol

candystarlight
Jun 5, 2017

Any recommendations for low carb foods from Costco?

My dad was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and so my mom and I are trying to fill the house with better options for him.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

Get the Costco card and only use it for Costco and gas? Worst case you eek out a few more percentage points on gas and have a bunch of extra credit you don't use.

Right now it's my only rewards card, but eventually this is going to be how I use mine. The extended warranty + cash back at a place I got to super regularly makes it worth it

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

candystarlight posted:

My dad was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and so my mom and I are trying to fill the house with better options for him.

The Keto ice cream bars are a godsend for anyone doing low carbs, I can't believe I have ice cream back in my life!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bagmonkey posted:

Right now it's my only rewards card, but eventually this is going to be how I use mine. The extended warranty + cash back at a place I got to super regularly makes it worth it

I use the Costco visa for all my food 3%, travel 3%, Costco 2% and gas 4% purchases, so it's nearly everything. I have a chase card that gets 1.5% back that I use for other purchases which is about as much effort I care to put into min maxing rewards. And a card with rotating 5% categories set to autopay bills that fulfill those categories.

And the Costco card has no fee, and acts as my membership card. I can't imagine not having it even if it was just for me to use for gas and dogs.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

candystarlight posted:

The various nuts are all top quality, just watch out for honey roasted stuff. They always have really good and reasonably priced macadamia nuts. The mixed nuts tend to have too many almonds for my taste but your mileage may vary
Chicharrons are a good substitute for potato chips, some people even use them to substitute for bread crumbs on fried food.

Some things to watch out for, almost every beef jerky is packed with sugar, and the ones that say no sugar, tend to taste bland at best and bitter at worst.
The cocktail sauce that comes with the shrimp cocktail is full of sugar, I tried making my own sugar free but it wasn't very good.

I'm always skeptical of "no carb" or "Keto" snacks like choco-clusters, check the labels carefully, often the serving sizes are miniscule, and they're not really that low carb when you eat them in normal amounts.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

I'm always skeptical of "no carb" or "Keto" snacks like choco-clusters, check the labels carefully, often the serving sizes are miniscule, and they're not really that low carb when you eat them in normal amounts.

All that poo poo is pure marketing BS. I don't think there's a single Keto Snack that Costco sells that actually is low carb

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Does your Costco not offer the gas dongles? It is faster than using a card, and you still get the gas percent back.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

candystarlight posted:

The keto ice cream bars and keto blueberry granola are both great. Keto crackers are ok. Keto chocolate chip cookies are decent. The fitcrunch bars are also very good but are low sugar, not really keto

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I got a $50 off $500 purchase coupon for Costco.com that I won't use before the 27th. If anyone is making any large purchases on the website between now and Sunday PM me and I can send you the code.