Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dunite posted:

So is there just some issues with the MM then because there is no way new players are getting queued with others that have 1000s of hours.

I honestly thought numbers were down because we are towards the end of the patch but those are still respectable numbers for this late into a patch.

The algorithm has determined that’s where you belong. Sorry, but it knows what’s best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's cool to see games without wyvern lol

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

It's cool to see games without wyvern lol

I'm a tinker picker, and I love it when the enemy wyvern cold embraces their carry so I just laser them to death. Also, I'll get an eblade for our teammate who gets cursed.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Dunite posted:

So is there just some issues with the MM then because there is no way new players are getting queued with others that have 1000s of hours.

I honestly thought numbers were down because we are towards the end of the patch but those are still respectable numbers for this late into a patch.

you probably a: got matched with accounts that were detected as smurfs or b: the algorithm called u trash bro straight garbage

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

sugar free jazz posted:

you probably a: got matched with accounts that were detected as smurfs

This is why ranked MM is so good, it adds another barrier for smurf accounts from loving games up.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
I've completely abandoned ranked MM, every game is a POS 1 getting mad and throwing the game, normal unranked has been entirely more enjoyable.

I will admit I picked Techies all 3 games so this must be some karmic retribution.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Is it just me or are drafts taking way too long nowadays? HR ASMG game 2 draft took 15 minutes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Unranked is such a weird tossup. I had one game the other day where some guys were teaching their friend how to play and he had like ten games and so we just got rolled immediately. Had a game last night where my AA would NOT cast his ultimate until I had already stunned (I was Nyx) so I would hit the weaver from Invis and then stun, and by the time the ult got there he would just walk away. At one point the Weaver was stunned under our T3 and he airballed the ult from five feet away. Every time I'm checking him, he's got mana, it's off cooldown, I'm stalking the Weaver and pinging him and he just WONT cast it. Losing my loving mind.

Then this morning I played a game where everyone on my team played absolutely perfectly. Just a completely different experience from the game prior where one guy had like...the 1k mmr player problem of just refusing to push buttons

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
infinity just beat noping 2-1 in the first round of SA quals, its honestly pretty crazy how far the t2 scene in SA has come over the last year or so

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow Noping crumbling under the pressure.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Wow Noping crumbling under the pressure.

darkmago looked uh not good

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

me, watching dota, saying darkmagoooooo in the same voice and cadence as scootsmagoooooo

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

SA is such a fun region to watch

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i have not seen echo saber void before. i assume its just in order to proc bash more?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

No one is going to call it out but that sand king literally won them that game

That epicenter, holy poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

i have not seen echo saber void before. i assume its just in order to proc bash more?

Also falls into the same thing as spectre in that it has very good stats to help accelerate your farm

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

No one is going to call it out but that sand king literally won them that game

That epicenter, holy poo poo

yeah it took the wind entirely out of the push and then they started retaking the map

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Looks like Forsen is playing DOTA today. Wonder what that is about.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Zurreco posted:

Looks like Forsen is playing DOTA today. Wonder what that is about.

maybe seeing the news about TI made him think about Dota, and as being a Dota player is a disease into which you may relapse sometimes, he decided to boot up Dota

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

took longer than I thought for a gg to get dropped after you lose a siren/egg setup in your base with 0 kills

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.dota2.com/nemestice

Battle pass

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Does a portion of this go towards TI10 also or does valve just get all of it?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

literally does not say so I guess the latter

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
battle... pass?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Why is spectre cosplaying as ancient apparition

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Centzon Totochtin posted:

its cheaper to buy by exactly how much went into the TI pool, so 7.50 instead of 10. now thats brilliant, give that economist a raise

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So to get the spectre arcana you need to get to 330 on the battle pass instead of just being able to buy it for $35 like literally every other arcana vote winner

e: lmao the event ends the tuesday after TI what the gently caress is this garbage

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

EorayMel posted:

Why is spectre cosplaying as ancient apparition

That is clearly Abaddon's sister.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

So to get the spectre arcana you need to get to 330 on the battle pass instead of just being able to buy it for $35 like literally every other arcana vote winner

e: lmao the event ends the tuesday after TI what the gently caress is this garbage

theyre making a second battle pass lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I hope no one buys this poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This arcana is effectively like $125 I'm so mad lol

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
just buy the inevitable 2 weekend sales bundles for like 60 bucks so the arcana *only* costs $100!

lol

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

theyre making a second battle pass lol

releasing a half assed battle pass just to milk money out of people is pretty sad considering they make plenty as it is and Steam is like a free money machine. there must be some sickos working over there

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Milking The Whales.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Dota2 the only game with a Battle Pass that doesnt have a free version?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lol all those cosmetics look so loving bad, as if hero recognizability wasn't already hosed enough

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
actually playing dota seems both confusing and expensive. watching is free.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Pamela Springstein posted:

actually playing dota seems both confusing and expensive. watching is free.

Playing is free too?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I dont believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
why are we still here

just to suffer